Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 3.1] Going Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N.S.V. GAM'TROSHA
DECK 03 - SENSOR ARRAY ACCESS

Once Keri'cruen reached the main pressure hatch for the forward sensor array compartment the young kit paused for a moment, his silver-furred ears twitched as he listened to the deep thrum of active machinery, audible even through the heavy metal bulkheads due to the vibrations that the hardware caused in their viscinity.

The nimble fingers of the engineers free hand punched his security code in the pinpad beside the hatch and the pressure door opened with a small mechanical 'whirring' noise of its own. The kit stepped tentatively inside, blue-green eyes scanning the room for anything obviously amiss.

What could be causing an increase in power consumption, he asked himself softly. Finally, his eyes fell upon the bulky subspace mass sensor -- the device which diagnostics reported was the source of the power drain.

Bridge

Sa'kira rubbed her chin as she thought a bit to herself. "Lexicon, set a course for the systems first planet. Maintain continuous scan and keep an eye out for hostiles," she looked at the scan results that were on a nearby holographic window and nodded.

The Youth Corps officer remained on the viewscreen for another few moments before she saluted and signed off, sensors would show the fighters veering away from the Gam'trosha and following the group of She'tan'ora that had been assigned new orders. Although one of the Youth Corp scouts 'did' move away from its main squadron, flying toward the transport ship and disappearing into its cargohold.

"Zu'rel, see if you can pull up the service record for N'Marida Es'shena Jyehe," she then turned toward Vladi'mir. "Vladi'mir, check for any information regarding the N'Marida's squadron, use the fighters ID Tag to do a search."

Computer Room

The communicator was full of static for a moment, so much so that it would've hurt Erm'olai's ears. Finally the static died down at Quin's voice came through. "Not right this minute, we are investigating a strange power drain in the ships forward sensor array, but I already have a tech working on it. We are also looking into a coolant problem with the reactor...." her voice trailed off the comm's for a moment before returning. "Can you please check the power grid please?"

Deck 3

Keri was instantly hit with a high amount of ambient heat, enough to cause him to start sweating. A few feet ahead rested the arrays primary component, the subspace mass sensor, a very large component that was 'jittering' about. On a far wall was part of the sensor systems processing unit, its displays were alit with code that flashed in and out as the array processed the hundreds of different signals it was picking up in deepspace, and then translating them into readable information for the crew.

Cargo Bay

Lato snarled as he took in the condition of his next tank. The portside propultion unit was not only burnt out it was still powered up and attempting to work, and no one had noticed or noone had cared. Privately the laibe wondered who had done the cargo inspections since someone seemed to not be doing their job.

Overall the entire unit would require a full maintenance stripdown and rebuild. Capturing a few images as proof Lato filed a proof of misconduct report to the captains terminal and got to work removing the faulty unit. The power supply module would likely also need to be replaced due to strain on the output matrix.

"This is turning out to be a hell of a day."

"A real office for starters, though this place is pretty nice I guess. Not the school I'm used to." She smiled and dropped into a seat. "So.... How are you? Also... care to tell me why you joined the military? It's something i have been wondering since my brother joined."

Bar'diel smiled as she watched the reactions of the Liebe.

Ye'gor paused for a minute, unsure how Bar'diel managed to misinterpret what he said. Then, seeing her take a seat, acquiesced and took a seat opposite to the young Daur. The engineer moved around a little until he felt as comfortable as he probably would ever get before speaking.

"I am..." he paused for a moment pondering the best response, "I am as good as I expect most days. I joined for very personal reasons; though I am unsure how this may or may not relate to your brother. Why?"

Zur'el sat there and brought up more screens. he was please that he was able to get Orion to transmit him the crew reports and mission orders for the other squadron. his fingers shot across the keyboard as he grinned that things were a bit more tolerable on the bridge now that his sister had left. hell he needed to make sure that she got transfered as soon as possible.

Continuing to sharpen her blades, Shar was thinking about what to expect from this mission. At first she thought it was good, that for once there were not terrorists trying to kill the ship and its crew. But then she realised that at her moment her purpose was to fight and kill people like those. It was why she joined up, and on mission of exploration she could hardly do that. Hopefully Gam'trosha would get hit again, but then again, Shar would hardly wish any harm to the rest of the crew. Bunch of them seemed like they would be useless in a fight. Not everyone was made of tought stuff like Keri. They were mostly just bunch of sailors. Well space sailors. Shar was sure they were trained, knew how to hold a sword and gun. But and it was pretty important but. Could they kill? That was the real question. Shar almost forgot by now, how hard was it for the first time.

The small bunny on the table finished her treat and padded her was to Shar. The black furry creature, climbed the womans arm and sat down on her shoulder. It was Critters favourite resting place. The tiny creature nested there and slowly drifted back to sleep, she was woken up from when Shar arrived. In a bit she was purring, resting its head against Shar's neck. The woman just smiled a bit and continued her work.

Bridge

Zur'els computer chimmed as more data began to be transmitted to his console; a series of reports appeared on the holo-screens that detailed information related to the three Youth Corp fighters, including their commanding officer who had a long service record - all of which showed no issues. The other two in this officers small squadron were different, the records showed that they were twins serving together in the same unit and had cut ties with their family entirely after officially joining the corp. Mission orders were the same as those that Vladi'mir had received, although additional details that were cleared only for him to see were also present including a full crew roster for the NSV - Darkness Endless.

Bridge

Def'leor loaded in the course and speed calculations into her console. Once confirming the calculations, she relayed the data to the remaining ships of their squadron. With the flip of a switch she engaged the main engines. The Gam'trosha surged forward just a hint of acceleration felt. She also programmed the sensors to widest scan. She noted a warning, maintenance hatch open.

"Drisa," she swore. She had to limit the power to the sensors. "Ship Mistress we are on course for the planet, however I have to operate sensors at a reduced level of efficiency. Seems that a maintenance hatch is open. I can only presume that one of the technicians has chosen to perform an inspection or such."

"Understood, Mah. I will check the grid for faults. I will report when I find anything," Erm'olai replied. "Ro'sario out." he ended and shut off the link before growling in annoyance. What was with this vessel and all of the issues!? Even the Orbital Elevator never had this many issues.

Turning back to his systems, the Laibe opened up a diagnostics program for the power grid. "Power drains, coolant problems, what next --- atmospheric control failure!" he ranted quietly to himself as he activated the diagnostic program.

And then just to make sure, he began to see if there were any issues with atmospheric control systems.

"They all check out Ship-Mistress." Zur'el replied with the the information he had just received. "Nothing that would show any suspicion or anything."

He continued to go over the data he had received tagging a few pieces he was going to look into deeper, like the twins, a full background might be needed.

Vladi'mir types quickly and looks at his screen trying to find out all he could about N'Marida's squadron "come on show me what you there is", he kept getting general knowledge on the ships that they use and growls slightly then decides to try using the fighters ID Tag in a different search and smiles "there we go baby" he reads through the information and was a bit confused because of what he was reading and gulps "mah some of the pilots have criminal records but all the ships seem to be okay, it seems they chose to work in this squadron for their service".

Cargo bay

Lato sighed as he looked at the broken and battered form of the drive unit that he had just extracted. The primary drive matrix was damaged beyond repair due to what looked like shrapnel damage. The tank had obviously seen heavy combat if its battle scars were any indication. Accessing his IDT the laibe drafted a maintainance ticket complete with a used parts list, he could send that once the work was done. Thankfully the cargo manifest showed that all of the parts required were available but it rankled him somewhat that such was necessary so soon after leaving port. With a shake of his head Lato began to browse the various crates of supplies looking for the replacement parts.

Zu'rel looked confused as Vladi'mar gave his report. Getting up Zu'rel looked at the screed the other agent had up. Shaking his head he saw numerous errors in the search that the agent had preformed. "Excuse me, you screwed up there. That number code for the unit id should have been 16355-Z6GYPP-Q4975-3 Not 16355*-X6HUPP-Q4975-3, also you put in the wrong validation code there, you should have gone with Teal not Crimson."

He was surprised this agent even got any information back. "What academy did you go to? Did they not teach you proper information request protocols?" Zu'rel was amazed really... If agents like this guy was being sent out to the fleets no wonder there were terrorist out there stealing ships and attacking people.

Vladi'mir smiles looking at him "i have a photographic memory i don't make mistakes, i used the ones that were from the ships" even though he was smiling his body language showed he was annoyed at Zu'rel, he quickly checks then thinks "oh yea i see it now, sorry typing too fast for my own good" he laughs to himself and quickly makes the changes then looks over the new information slowly making sure he made no slip ups again,, because that was the first time it happened to him, he sighs knowing it was because he was relaying to much on his memory.

Bridge

Def'leor sat back in her seat watching the sensor data display on the IDT. It gave her something to focus her attention on and keep her frustration at the inefficiency of the ship from making her angrier.

"Photographic memory isn't what is needed here. you data find could have lead to the deaths of that squadron." He paused for a moment letting that sink in. The agents action would have left the death of those pilots and the distribution on his hands. "Precision and double checking is what is needed. Focus." Zu'rel hissed the last bit before returning to his on station and went back to the data flowing across his monitors.

Bridge

Sa'kira couldn't help but smile weakly at the exchange between Zur'el and Vladi'mir, one crewmen helping another although in his own way.

Computer Room

A basic diagnostics showed little issues with the power grid, at least at first. As the system continued to check for errors, a few began to pop up - although listed as minors in the systems diagnostics log. These errors seemed mostly routed in other systems that were being feed power from the power grid. A more indepth diagnostics would be needed to find the issue.

Last edited:
Bridge

Vladi'mir looks down "i am sorry.... it wont happen again... a minor miscalculation.... i am extremely sorry", he sighs and taps on chair wondering what he will do now to make amends for this.

Engineering

Ye'gor returned to his post- a little up tight, but not his usual. He went about checking the status of the engines, the power, and the hyperdrive, while avoiding looking at Quin.

"Sorry for taking so long, X'Muyeia" the boy called out, "Looks like things are behaving better."

The young engineer was not sure how to take his little visit with Bar'diel and the intrusion of companionship, especially female companionship, on his mind was frustrating to say the least. On one hand, he liked that she complimented him on his designs; but at the same time the deep ingrained teachings of his grandparents saw getting too close to her as taboo. The young Laibe sighed heavily then looked around for a few things he could buff up or clean - hopefully to get his mind of such extremely pointless thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back