• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 3.3] Away Team - Cave Exploration

Shar looked at other, holding her rifle. Her head then turned to Def-leor. "Ya know Lex, I got a tank here. I could just bring it closer and shoot it with a cannon." The dark-furred daur shrugged her shoulders. "That should make sure that it is dead for sure. Tanks are really great at solving all sorts of situations."

Def'leor looked at Shar. "Have you forgotten what is beyond that wall behind it. You fire at that creature the blast will detonate that giant crystal. So you will make sure it is dead, but you would take us with it."

Last edited:
"Tanks can fire from really far back," Shar simple stated back, not liking that Def was completely and utterly right.

Def'leor looked back at Shar, "Perhaps you failed to hear me say that I want that body collected for analysis. We have folks who will be colonizing this world according to Command. We need to know what they are, where they come from, and how best to deal with them. So blasting one into nothing, is only a last option if it proves too dangerous." she said with her tail constantly moving as she spoke.

Kil'nda stepped forward as to do the scans himself. " Can we at least get a Sharp Gun trained on it? he asked. In his mind a needle gun was the best weapon for assuring they could deal with it at a distance and not destroy the ruins. He brought up his hand to his helmet as it locked on the the fallen enemy and began to start running scans upon the creature before him as it began to collect all the data it could from the creature. His hand moved to his sword drawing it and keeping it at the ready to defend himself if the creature was really trying to pull off some desperate surprise attack, though he had a feeling this alien before him was dead if not in a dying state

As Kil'nda ran his scan, an avian like creature flew down from above and landed upon the creatures body. It was a creature with four wings, three legs, and a long head with an equally long beck, its tail looked like something out of a horror film, given it was long and had to sharp antenna's that looked almost like scissors. The creature looked at Kil'nda for a moment and began to 'hop' along the body, peeking at the hide and attempting to tear off some of the skin, but it didn't seem to be getting in the way of the scanner which seemed to realize that it wasn't part of what it had been tasked to scan.

Although a full autopshy was going to be needed, the scanner showed no lifesigns of any kind, its 'heart', or what the scanner figured might've been its heart wasn't moving and the muscles seemed very still, much to still for something playing possum. Although while the scanner was able to scan the creatures exterior, picking up on its metallic frontside and rear, along with the truth that it was - in fact - dead, given how the scanner showed no signs of any functions going on, no heart beat, and its heat signature was quickly dying off. Its skeletal structure, or what could be considered one, reflected back the scanner and prevented it from scanning any deeper into the body.

For its part, the avian creature that had been peeking at its body apparently didn't like what it was trying to 'eat', as it tore off some of he flesh - treid to eta it - then spat it out and gave off a kind of screeching roar before it flapped its wings and took off.... only to land on Kil'nda's shoulder and give the shoulder a confused stare.

The internal speakers of their helmets chimmed to life, a message was trying to come through:

"Aw.... th.....tros....ple......nd....", the message came across very garbled.

"We got incoming comms Lex'" Shar said to their team leader. "I will try to boost it through the tank." Of course the machine had much stronger commer relay then their helmets. So Shrie did not waste them and tried to boos the incoming signal, so they could properly understand who calls them and what do they want.

The appearance of a second creature had at first been troubling to Kil'nda as he feared it would interrupt his scans. Thankfully though this appeared not to be the case as the scanner picked up that this was not the same being and ignored all data from it. Finally the data at last came back and he gave a sigh. "Enemy has been neutralized. These guys don't seem to be able to survive extreme damage any more than we can." he said.

As the creature flew at him Kil'nda prepared himself to defend from the creature but at the moment it landed on his shoulder. As the bird looked at him he looked back his tail moving slowly up and down. It was then a transmission came in but it was all garbled. as one of his comrades went to get the signal boosted in the tank Kil'nda slowly reached for his helmet and then began to run a scan on the creature on his shoulder before slowly moving that hand to his sheathed knife, just in case the bird tried anything like biting him, though he was sure this thing couldn't get though the armored body suite.

Def'leor could not have asked for a more conclusive test of the state of the 'creature'. "Well I think it is safe to say the creature is dead and apparently not very tasty. Get it bagged and tagged and we can get ready to head back to the ship." She looked at Shar, "Sounds good to me, Report as soon as you get a clear message."

Vik smirked when the commanding officer gave the order to bag and tag. He threw the swordrifle onto his back, only stopping to adjust the sling so the weapon wasn't going to get in the way. Once he'd gone into the house and stood on the right side of the alien, he looked back up to Kil'nda before shrugging idly. "I don't think we've got anything to bag this thing in. You grab one side, I'll grab the other so we can get this outside?"

"Away...t.... Gamtr....." the message continued to break apart, as noise filled the inbetweens. On Shar's helmet a readout would pop up showing the current communications connectivity, and that part of the communications lines had been severed - one of the signals boosters located just outside of the ruins were blinking red, showing that it was offline or otherwise wasn't boosting the signal.

There was a brief flash of light on the farside of the ruins, coming from the cave entrance, registering just briefly on the away teams sensors - but not enough for the sensors to actually say 'what' it was.

Ross was quick to sheathe his sword in favor of pulling out the energy bow, as the light suggested that if there was going to be combat, it would be ranged. He took a few steps towards the light but only a small distance away from the others. There was a chance someone was shooting an explosive at the group so it would be rather unfortunate if a single rocket or shell managed to take them all to Lordis. He set his feet apart and got into the preparatory position to fire with an energy bow, in the event enemy infantry came out of the cave. "Orders?" He inquired, a neutral expression on his face under his visor.

Kil'nda moved himself over to the fallen creature ready to help carry it out but at the sigh of the light he pulled back out his Rifle switching the scope to a Nv Vision so that the dark wouldn't be a problem. Even if they were nocturnal themselves, the scope was way more advanced then the eye. While he knew not to shoot until given the order he would try to sweep the area with the scope which was linked to his helmet and would be able to share with the rest anything he picked up on the scope

Def'leor look towards the cave. She saw the flash but there was no indication of incoming fire. Though it could have simply been something scanning them or getting a range.

She turned to the soldiers who had gotten the 'creature's' corpse. "Take that to the tank and secure it to the exterior. The rest you come with me, let's see what is going on in that cave. Fan out though, and use any available cover. No sense in just walking up bold as brass and get shot in the chest." She started moving briskly towards the entrance using trees, rocks or bushes to to conceal her position.

Vik glanced up when the orders filled his ears, to which he replied "Yes ma'am!" Loud enough he was fairly certain he'd been heard. However, he soon found out that his help had found himself distracted and with a sigh too quiet to be heard outside his own helmet he decided to not wait. Rather than carrying it out with help, Vik drug it out of the old structure by its "head".

Once at the tank, the transition unto the tank was about as funny to watch as when he dragged it out to the tank. Pinning the creature against a tread of the tank, Vik lifted it with a slipping grip until he got it on top of the right tread. "Stupid, fat alien.. no wonder you floated. If you had legs they wouldn't carry you." With a sigh, Vik looked back to the group as they advanced whilst he slung his rifle under his right arm before adjusting the sling so it wasn't pressed against him.

Assuming Kil'nda could do the other half of the work, Vik persued after Ross at a jogging pace.

Ross proceeded to cover Def'leor until she got to her first piece of cover, after which he stood up and moved right, going back to covering her until she got to the next piece of cover. However, when he was about to move, he noted Vik running after him. He narrowed his eyes in confusion until they widened in recognition, noting the unique way this other Youth soldier carried himself. "Srisa, the entire reason why I was on that dropship was to get away from this motherly bodyguard." When his retainer reached him, Ross pointed at a ruined building off to their right. "Cover us." He ordered, standing up right then to continue moving from cover to cover, keeping over watch over Def'leor when necessary.

Last edited:
Kil'nda put down his scope as he received his orders. "Roger." he said. He turned to see Vik trying to carry the creature out by the head. "We've already killed it no need to rip it's head off yet." He said as he helped pick up the large body of the fallen alien. At the tank he watched as the Kit tried to place up the body as he sighed looking to the ruins every now and then. It wasn't until the kit rushed past him that he called out. "Wait we're supposed to secure this thing!" he said as his tail moved around in his annoyed state. He gave a huff as he looked to the tank and then activated his communicator. "This is C'Baruce Limr'viad Kil'nda requesting to join in the tank, pop the hatch for me will you?" he asked. He might be a very proficient long range Sniper, but Kil'nda was always home inside some kind of machine, he could help boot the signal strength as well with his detailed knowledge of every part of the tank before him.

He gave a sigh as he moved to grab the alien and then with a bit of strain hosted him up and correctly secured him to the Tank, bit leaving it against the treads of all things.

Def'leor continued her advance to the cave entrance. She was still being cautious because there was no way to be sure this was not just another trap.

She stopped a short distance from the entrance and look from her vantage point. She noted that there were points of light within the cave. They seemed fade in intensity. After looking further she noted that some of them were moving. "Seems that the cave is home to some insects with some form of bio-luminescence."

Vik couldn't believe what he'd heard from Ross and it seemed to humour the retainer some as a smile was hid under his helmet and a shake of the head could be seen. "We're going into a cave and you want me to cover from a place of height... I hope you can at least cover me when I catch up." Started the retainer as he stood up and began to race towards the ruined building.

Once Vik was at the ancient building, he took immediate care to not collapse the building like the door before had done. Creeping in through a window that only had a few feet of wall cropping up out of the soil underneath, he kept the swordrifle pressed against his left shoulder. His ears ached and Vik's muscles were twitchy as he was expecting the old structure to collapse on top of him as he made his way to a window across the room he'd just invaded. Once at the window he planned to use as a key hole to protect his comrades from, Vik sat back far enough his weapon didn't stick out of the window and relaxed himself with slow breaths to keep his heart rate down with the hope it would steady his aim as he stared down the weapon sights.

Kil'nda climbed into the tank taking a seat inside. "Alright then, let me take a crack at the comms, if you will." he said as he began to flip switches and route a few extra bits of power here and there to the Communications to strengthen them He made sure he would not be comprimasing the weapons or the mobility of the tank, routing the power from more of the systems designed for comfort.. "This is C'Baruce Limr'viad Kil'nda calling SNV Gam'trosha." He said. Being a new member to the team and to the Gam'trosha in general, Kil'nda had no way of knowing what the last time the team had made contact was. "We have encountered hostel Life and have obtained a corpse of one of the attackers.I Repeat we have encountered hostel life and obtained the body of one of the attackers .

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…