• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 3.4] Teams Return

Captains Quarters

Sa'kira smiled briefly at Shar's question, and then followed by spotting the animal as it made its home atop her. "Because of defects in our ship, command has ordered us to return to the homeworld for retrofits and repairs. I'll be making a shipwide broadcast shortly to announce this," she said to Shar, her attention divided between Shar and the critter that was still perched atop of her. The notice that another crewmen was desiring her attention caused her to glance at her terminal, the Shipmistress pondered whether Kil'nda was also going to ask the same question.

"If that is all, you are dismissed," she said to Shar and then looked at the Lexicon. "Lex' you are also dismissed, please plot us a course out of the system at best speed. Inform Engineering to monitor all systems, just to be on the safe side." She then hit the button to open the door to her cabin.

Infirmary

"You will yes," Euy'ica said to Char; she was still awaiting an answer from Alister but until then her attention was focused on examining the results of the soldiers blood and fur tests along with doing an indepth analyze of the bugs that they;'d found.

As the Door opened Kil'nda saw Shar and De'flor on their way out. He stepped to the side letting them both though before turning his attention to the Captin. Unlike the two of them he was not fully curious about the withdraw as much as he wished to know about his place of wrk on the ship and where he was to stay. Then again as an Engineer he might do well to know of the problems to look outfor.

When the others had left he gave a salute to the captain. His arms across his chest and ears forward and his tail to the side. He figured it would do well to pay honors to his new captain. " C'Baruce Limr'vaid Kil'nda. Reporting for the firt time Captain. I would like to find out where my quarters are set up as well as what part of the ship you would wish me to work on. I'm trained as a Combat Engineer but I can lear how to work with any systems given the time."

Infirmary

Vik had glanced up upon the mention of yet another crew mate in need of a hot shower for the purpose of decontamination. This hadn't surprised the Laibe as much as when the supposedly then unoccupied medical staff had asked if they were in need of an examination as well. It dawned on him that he might have been forgotten at this stage, granted he'd acted in a rather furtive fashion as the team that had been planet-side underwent their individual examinations. Though he'd be more than happy to be skipped and dart towards the chow hall, such a thing meant that he would put the whole crew at risk. "You forgot the last of the new guys" The black Laibe said with a humoured, though sarcastic tone as he began to disrobe himself.

Bridge.

Def'leor left the Ship Mistress' cabin and made her way to the bridge. She took her station and activated the ship's intercom. "Attention all section. We are preparing for departure. Secure all external hatches and make ready for space. We heading to Ne'ushae city for repairs. Shore leave will be offered upon our arrival. Engineering, prepare for FTL once we are clear of the planet." she sent across the ship.

She then turned to the other Navigator, "Je'ha'shue, plot a departure vector and take us up. Lay in a course for Neshaten Prime. Once we are clear of the planets gravity set velocity to military standard."

Def'leor watched Je'ha set about her orders. It was a bit strange to have someone else doing it, but that was fine. It gave Def'leor time to think about the situation with the ship, and the impending Shore Leave.

Captains Cabin

Sa'kira listened and collasped her hands. "Welcome aboard, you'll be working in Engineering, but when we go on combat operations you'll most likely be assigned to a squad. Until then, you are assigned to cabin 8. Please store your stuff then report to Engineering."

Medical

"Ah!" Euy'ica spoke up as she turned toward Vik when she heard the man speak. "You have my apologies, please undress and we can begin," the Healer set out her tools which she had only partially put away.

Bridge

Je'ha'shue glanced at Def'leor for a moment; she hid the scowl of being ordered by a Daur. Filthy... she thought but plotted the course as ordered, she carefully put in a series of coordinates that would take them out of the planets atmosphere.

Last edited:
Captains Quarters

"Yes ma'am," Shar replied to Shipmistress. "If I may be so bold, it sounds to me like another plot to get to us. That said I might be getting paranoid. Well I will try to get our marines and beef the security up while we are in the dock. Is that okay with you boss?"

Infirmary

Vik had been in the midst of the removal of his clothing as Euy'ica had said to in order for a proper medical examination. Once he had slipped free of everything but his fur, the Laibe sat down in the chair he'd seen the others before him had settled into for the examinations. "No need to apologize. It's not as if I expressed any eagerness." A thought drifted back to earlier when he had slapped Ross upside his head and whether or not the insects the Daur was unlucky enough to bring unto the ship with him had contaminated him as well.

Once more a salute was given" Thank you Ma'am I'll leave you be for now." Kil'nda said as he left for his quarters. He finally found Cabin 8 and sighed as he finally was able to slip into a ship uniform . The room had very little to it for now but as it was his new place of living for a foreseeable future he figured it would slowly become more homey. The bed already looked comfortable to him but now was not the time. He began to head out to Engineering once everything was put away. Finding the commanding officer for that station he would once more salute, state his rank and name and then ask for where best his skills could be but to use here in Engineering.

Ross, for his part, had been scrubbing himself particularly enthusiastically. Not out of disgust for the insects, (who knows, maybe they would prove useful to the medical field or some such) but simply out of respect for regulations. After all, what CO wants to find creatures in his or her troops' hair? His labor had the fruits of having the medical personnel dealing with only one or two more patients remaining. He snuck out of the area best he could without acting like a weirdo and headed off to the cabin area to look for his own quarters. Upon finding it, he switched into a clean uniform and looked over his all-important sword. He inspected it closely, disappointed with it's cleanliness. "It will have it's day." He thought hopefully to himself. He strapped the object of his affection to it's sheath. Then he left as quickly as he had appeared, heading back to the medical bay. By the time he arrived, he suspected the medical personnel would have dealt with any anomalies they came across.

Captain's Quarters

"Please do," Sa'kira said as she was getting out of her chair. "I do not want us to have to suffer these continued problems, in fact, I'll make sure you are supplied with a list of personnel whom are authorized to perform the repairs on the ship; thus anyone not on that list you are to clear with me."

Infirmary

Euy'ica waited until Vik was ready and then performed the process of taking blood and bugs from the soldiers fur, which she'd found quite a few. "Just how many of these things are there..." she remarked as she pulled more out. After a few seconds Vik would feel something bite him in the back of the neck.

Engineering

As Kil'nda entered engineering, there was a noticable flurry of activity as engineering personnel were running all over the place - some climbing up ladders - others moving into the side room that held the ships capacitors, while others more were going into the maintenance tunnels. Quin'trema Xeui'na floated above Kil'nda, the chief engineer was currently at a terminal running her hand through her hair, when she noticed a gesture from another of the rooms engineers she looked downward toward Kil'nda.

"Welcome, new to the ship?" the engineer asked and then lifted her head when she heard something from another engineer.

"X'Muyeia", an engineer spoke from the deck. "There is a problem with the primary stability control system, we can't seem to disengage the coupling array."

"Probably a malfunction in the coolant system again, wish I knew why it was faulty," the last word was a bit stretched as Xeui'na grabbed hold of the rail and leapt down to the deck below - sometimes - being a species with strong legs was a major plus. "C'bar," she turned toward Kil'nda. "Please assist me in fixing this problem." she pointed toward a maintenance hatch that had the words 'Coolant Access' above it.

Captains Quarters

"Roger that ma'am," Shar nodded and saluted. "I won't take anymore of your time. After your announcement I will call all marines to messhall and brief them on the situation. I am going to make sure not even a mouse with hand grenade gets on board. It might slow the repairs a bit, but I think it will be worth it." Shar then waited to be dissmissed so she could let Shipmistresst be.

Infirmary

The sharp, unpleasant sensation had Vik in a moment of paralysis due to the surprise of it. "Did I step in a nest of these things when I was planet side?" The question was meant for no-one in particular, though it was a sign of the agitation as he closed his grip around the arms of the chair he was seated in. The unknowing was what kept him from an attempt to disconnect the little insects from himself, what if anything other than professional attention made it worse? "One of them bite me just now. Would it be too much to ask I get in the shower and drown the little pests?"

Kil'nda came into the room to the site of various people running about trying to fix or maintain this or that. It was a bigger ship than his last for sure and he wasn't surprised to find that there were more problems springing up. First though he had to find he one in charge and report to him or her. It was a bit hard getting anyone's attention but luckily he was noticed by some one that pointed him out to the X'Muyeia, who in turn addressed him.. "Yes actually." he answered as he was asked if he was new. He had barley gotten though the introduction on his end before there seemed to be a problem with the coolant system in the primary stability control system.

He have a nod as he was told to assist the X'Muyeai in fixing the coolant system. He let her go first as he figured she'd know where to start looking first. Kil'nda himself would bring along the tool kits needed for looking for and fixing the various systems in the "You say you keep having problems with it, and that you can't find what's wrong?" he asked. "Have you tired seeing if something connected to it is what's bad?" he asked merely trying to understand the current know problems and see if he could provide any idea as to what could be wrong. Sometimes it only took a fresh pair of eyes to fix a problem.

Infirmary

Cher'naya looked at Vik "I am sure you can, but let me have a look after you are done, just to make sure that they are actually gone, we don't want a nest of these things on this ship" she nodded to the shower, plus you may need to stay here for a few hours in case the bite affected you."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back