Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 3.5] A Much Needed Respite

Kyle

Insane Story Writer Foxy
Inactive Member
Nesha Prime, Ne'ushae

The ship had arrived back to the homeworld and was presently moored in one of S.A.M.'s underground construction yards, even before the ships engines were to be shut down gantry cranes and construction arms were already deployed across the ships hull along with magnetic and graviton clamps to keep it in place during the major retrofit operation.

"All crew are to gather up their things, and please assemble on S.A.M.'s parade grounds," Sa'kira annouced through the ships intercoms as she stretched her arms and legs for a moment and relaxed - but only for a brief second or two before she got up from her seat. "Lexicon, please head to the parade grounds ahead of everyone else."

Def'leor looked at Sa'kira and gave a simple nod of acceptance. She stood, secured her cabin and then left the bridge.

'What is going on? The ship is in for repairs... again, and we have to go to the parade grounds. That means something official is going down.' she thought making her way through the corridors. She made her way to the primary airlock. The ship's cargo hold was secured. Until such time as the equipment could be safely off loaded and secured it would remain secure.

She exited the airlock and walked through the transparent passageway to the structure next to the ship. Once she crossed over she looked at a directory map. She quickly located the passage which would take her to the Parade grounds. Walking briskly she navigated the way to the exit.

Stepping out the door way she saw the Parade Grounds and started walking. Once she got to the edge she stood and waited since she was not certain where the crew was going to assemble.

Ross had been laying on his bed with his hands behind his head, staring at the ceiling in deep thought and his duty uniform when the ship's captain announced that the crew needed to remove their belongings and their persons to head to the parade grounds. He sat up and grabbed the duffel bag on the floor next to him. He had expected this, they would need to checkacdncache_a.akamaihd.net_items_it_img_arrow_10x10.webp the crew quarters as well. He slung it over his shoulder and walked to the door frame. He turned around to watch Vik prepare himself for the exodus. When the Laibe finished packing, the swordmaster turned around and marched off, confident that his retainer would be able to keep up despite the head start. He had scouted out the Gam'trosha beforehand, so the trip from the cabins to the airlock was easy enough. He caught a glimpse of Def'leor, so he followed after her. When they reached their destination, he set down his duffle bag in an area where he could keep an eye on it, but it was out of the way. Ross placed himself in the corner of the parade grounds where he could observe any Gam'trosha personnel following orders to assemble in this area.

After Def'leor left, Sa'kira looked around the bridge before putting the ships systems into lockdown, she stretched her arms before exiting the bridge and making her way to her quarters where she grabbed up a bag and slung it over her shoulder and also picked up a box that contained several new rank bands for those soldiers whom were going to get promoted. She then made her way off the ship and took the lift to the surface floor and then toward the lobbies main exit.

It was raining outside, a light rain though; a breeze blew in from the south and trees swayed amongst it. "Lexicon," Sa'kira spoke as she walked up the soldier. "We'll be doing promtions here so go ahead and have our crewmen assembled by rank please," the shipmistress looked around and nodded her head, she glad to be back on the homeworld.

At the parade grounds, Vik had kept his duffel strap over his right shoulder with it going down his chest in a diagonal fashion in order to go around his left waist with his Seta'sis sword in a mirrored fashion over his left shoulder. The laibe had headed for the same spot as C'ross, but at a much more scenic rate than his swordmaster counterpart. With such a slow manor of walk and with his gaze on a constant swivel, nobody could blame any other spectator of thinking that this was his first time on a parade ground or that he knew something nobody else did. What ever the case was, the charade ceased when he had arrived next to Ross. From then on, after he had removed his duffel and had readjusted his Kukri since it had been an unfortunate victim of being in the path of descent the duffel took when Vik had brought the strap over his head and released his grip.

"I'm curious..." He started with the hope of creating idle chat to pass the time, "Which city do you think we're in? Kester? Netoshen?"

The message came at a time when Kil'nda had been working when the announcement came. he like many hurried along with what they were doing putting everything back into place. He headed for his room and looked around. he sighed as he had barly anything yet to take. He filled a bag with clothing and the few personal effects he had and then headed out to the Parade Grounds and got in line with all the other crew as ordered

After everyone had been assembled, with higher ranks in front and lower ranks in the rear, Sa'kira walked in front of her crew and gave them a good looking down; she was checking their uniforms to ensure that they were on right - no wrinkles, nothing that would make 'her' commanding officer question her ability to lead. There was nothing that really needed to be fixed, and that made her proud as she walked away from the assembled group and toward the front.

She hated speeches, she never liked them and always preferred to just get straight to the point; but command had its requirements. "All of you have perrformed your duties flawlessly," she started, her eyes moving across the crew as she spoke. "And while we have only just nicked the tip of the iceberg in our duties, we have also already made an impression on others around us, our actions have been noticed, your actions, your hardwork. And because of this, some of you have earned yourself a promotions, for those of you who do not get one, do not fret as your time will come. Remember to always perform your duties to the upmost of your capabilities, never falter, and never look back. As I call your name, please approuch and receive your new rank."

Sa'kira already knew it wasn't a very well rehearsed speech, but then again; command didn't give her the 'time' considering there were other things that were going to happen not long after this ceremony.

Slowly, Sa'kira would read off the following list of names, along with the acciociated promotions that came with it:

"It doesn't matter as to where we are, but the fact that our superiors has ordered it so." When his name was called, Ross exited the formation and marched up to Sa'kira. He came to a stop in front of her, executing a brisk right face and a strict salute before receiving his rank. After doing so, he once again executed a right face and marched off, circling the formation and returning to his position. Throughout this entire ordeal, he had maintained an emotionless poker face, but underneath the cold exterior lay a triumphant and sly smile. He was more than a little proud in himself but he'd never let that show. "Control yourself, you bumbling fool. You are here to serve, not impress yourself." It was not a memory of his father that spoke but rather an imagination. Either way, it succeeded and returning Ross to the real world and maintaining his position while the unit received their promotions.

Last edited:
Alis'tar had been relaxing in his cabin when the announcement came over the comms. He rose from his bed gathering up what little way of things he had, into his duffel and then straightening out, and fixing his uniform. His sword, sheathed at his right hip, and his duffel over his left shoulder. he took a few minutes to make sure he left his cabin in reasonable condition, which wasn't to hard with having minimal stuff. He took one last look at his cabin before exiting and following the orders that were given.

While the actual trip wouldn't take that long, his mind wandered a tad bit, not to far back; just enough to relive the check-up after the planet side mission, now with having his medical files updated, and the Head healer knowing that he suffered from near-sightedness. Though that wasn't too much of an issue, he was glad to get it out of the way. His thoughts continued on until his arrival with the rest of the crew. He find himself aligned with the rest of the lower ranking of the crew, being inspected head to toe to make sure their uniforms were proper. After that came a speech then promotions, which in the end seemed fitting until his name was called. He couldn't deny he was a bit shocked; considering He hadn't done much of anything except paperwork. Though even with his mind slightly ajar, his body knew what to do; following the example of those previous to him. Once he was back in formation He was able to succeed in gathering his thoughts. He didn't feel quite like he deserved this sudden promotion, but he'd do his best to live up to the faith installed in him because of it.

As they all stood at attention names began to be called out and to his own slight surprise Kil'nda's name was in fact called. Receiving his new rank and giving a salute he would return in line with the others. He kept his surprise inside but his head was a whirl. Could this have been for that last mission. Life was nothing new on planets but this was life that was sentient and even fought back, though aptly put down. He waited with the rest to be dismissed

Def'leor walked up to Sa'kira when she was called. She did her best to keep her expression blank when she heard her name called, and more important the rank she was being given. She prided herself on executing her movements up to the platform and back. She then watched as her crew mates received theirs and a small smile spread as she took pride in seeing her people be recognized.

When Vik heard his name called out along with the rank he had been given, there wasn't any delay in his actions. As he left the formation before he marched to Sa'Kira, the Laibe was lost in a multitude of questions that revolved around why he was being promoted. He didn't feel like he deserved such a promotion, thus far all he'd done was fall from orbit and get shot at by an unknown hostile life form. If such was all it took for the Kingdom of Neshaten to call him a good soldier, it didn't surprise him how both of his parents were recognized as military heroes by some. Once he had received the rank he was promised from Sa'Kira, the laibe had returned to the formation after a brief salute as quickly as he'd left it in hopes his uniform pace wouldn't seem out of the ordinary.

Cher'naya gave a small smile as she watched the others walk up to get their promotions, she looked happy to anyone who looked at her and she was as it was her crew that was getting promotions and she was happy that now she was a part of that crew and she was honoured that she worked with these people as she stood in the parade.

At the far edge of the parade grounds a lone My'leke laid on all fours, watching the promotions ceremony. His red fur glistened from the light rain bouncing off of him, his white mane danced through the gentle gusts of the southern wind. His eyes, one purple and one blue, fixed on the crewman as they stepped up one by one to receive their awards. His tail wrapped to the side and rested upon a couple of bags that sat on the ground next to the My'leke. When the ceremony had his head was laid on the ground, where it remained with a smile as Sa'kira spoke. However, his head perked up and his fur started rustling as he heard some familiar names being called, and watched some familiar faces stepping up for their awards.

At least there are still some old faces here. I was worried I'd be stuck back here with a bunch of new greenies. Although, there I do see one or two new faces that belong to same rather fine looking young ladies. Even if one of them is a Laibe, ugh. And I had forgotten about Shar'ica. Rawr.

As the last of the names were called, and the crew in question came up to receive their promotions, Sa'kira cast another glance upon the crew before she nodded her head. "I want to congradulate you all on promotions, and pray that you'll continue to push forward into the future. For now, we have shoreleave; as our ship will be in drydock for some time upon the end of shore-leave we'll have duties to perform in this city - bare pay attention to the instructions you shall receive and look forward to our return to the stars. You all are dismissed," the Shipmistress took a step back and then walked off the raised platform.

Seeing his opportunity the young My'leke perked up and took off running forwards, grabbing his bags with his tail and swinging them across his back. He lowered his head and charged at a brisk jog towards Sa'kira. Once he was only a few dozen feet away he grabbed his bags with his tail again, tossed them to the side, and slowed to a halt. Approaching a few steps closer the red My'leke reached his front paws forward and lowered his head and shoulders, a sign of respect among his kind.

"Ma'am!" The My'leke spoke that one word as crisply and with as much respect as his voice would allow. After speaking he held his stance for a few seconds before snapping to attention, his butt seated on the ground and his back straight with his head held proudly in the air. With a quick movement he flicked his tail to his forehead in salute. "C'Baruce Gam'trosha Mar'Tendo Gai'Tano Tite'Yanus, returning to duty!"

C'ross stepped back sharp-like and turned to his retainer after the obligatory dismissal maneuver. He smirked, which was out of character for him in the first place, with a rather smug look in his eyes, another contradiction to his personality. "Well then, that's one rung up the ladder. Keep this pace up and we might be field marshals before we know it." The swordmaster looked around rather skittishly and returned to Vik with a confused look on his face. "Wait... We were just given shore leave... I don't know how to interact with this phenomenon." Well, I guess I saw that one coming. The Daur pouted comically for a few moments before the proverbial light bulb came on. "Ah! I know! I'll go look for a military museum! Or go buy some texts on the subject!" Uh, Vik may or may not want to suggest something else...

When Sa'kira had dismissed everyone, Vik felt somewhat dumbstruck much like his Daur counterpart. Yet before he could even get his thoughts to drift toward anything that didn't involve the youth corps, it became apparent that C'ross was eager to immerse himself in military history. Vik had his tail go from side to side in a manor that obviously had little effort applied. "Sure, let's go immerse ourselves in documentaries about the Era of War and the enormous lose of life." The Laibe quipped as he folded his arms for a moment before he started to walk to his duffel bag. "Your family live in this city? I imagine they'd cherish being able to confirm you won't be someone to light a lantern for during the Spirit Festival"

"Exactly! Excellent suggestion!" C'ross exclaimed with much enthusiasm to the Vik's quip. His face went from excited happiness to downright suspicious as his eyes narrowed on his retainer. "I mean... Don't be a smart ass." On the subjectacdncache_a.akamaihd.net_items_it_img_arrow_10x10.webp of the question, the corner of the swordmaster's mouth stiffened in a way that would suggest indifference to the idea. "No extended family, though we used to be allies with members of the local nobility." His eyes narrowed upon remembering another subject. "My younger brother is in one of the academies that make this city so special. I don't know which one, only that he went to it right after I deployed. Even if I knew where he was, I'm sure he wouldn't want a reminder that there are darker things in the world than a dirty syringe." He looked past Vik at the crowd of soldiers dispersing from the promotion ceremony. "Beyond those two options, I have no further suggestions. Unless you want to do something." His gaze would suggest that he actually had interacting with the crew in mind, but he didn't need to know them beyond a professional basis. But if Vik insisted, he could just as easily coerce him into meeting with their shipmates.

Vik grinned as his Daur companion utilized sarcasm of his own, though such an expression faded as C'ross seemed to be focused on something in particular. The perspective Vik had confused him for the briefest of moments as C'ross seemed to be focused on one of the crewmen. "Seems like you got something, or rather someone, as an ideal use of our shore leave." The Laibe paused in examination of his own choice of words and before he hid his face behind his left hand there was a look of embarrassment on his face. "We could go to a Firing range, Dojo, or go get a meal that isn't stuffed full of preservatives and chemicals to last hundreds of years and tastes like srisa." It seemed as though Vik had his own fair share of ideas, though not enough care or greed to act without the agreement of C'ross. "What ever works for you works for me. I'm stuck to you anyway."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back