• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 3.5] A Much Needed Respite

Alis'tar followed behind the group just listening to the three talk about their families and such. He really didn't have anything to add to the conversation at this point in time, though with mentioning of brothers made him think of his own; at least for a moment. He didn't like to dwell to much on it, with leaving bad things in the past a pretty good motto and all. "Whats wrong with being a civilian doctor?" He decided to ask, curious as to what the problem would be it seemed a noble cause in itself at least in some ways. The thought of it causing a rift between siblings seemed a tad silly to his perspective at least.

Outside base

Sa'kira walked a short distance from the base's main-gate, and up to a gray coloured vehicle that was presently waiting on the side of the road. "Hop in," she said to Tite'yanus and walked over to the drivers side, opening up the door as she sat down and began to configure the controls to her liking. A heads up display appeared on the windshield ahead of her, displaying the cars speed - which was zero right now - along with other pieces of details.

Once her guest was seated she put the car into drive and drove off the base and onto the main road. "So, what plans do you have for this leave?" shea sked.

Back at the base

Quin' and Euy' stood behind where the group was, they were talking amongst themselves about what kind of plans they had for each other. "Well, I do need to go shopping," remarked Quin' as she pulled out a tablet and began to go through a list of stores in the area.

"Shopping huh? Why not go and get somethign to eat first?" Euy' inquired, her hands in her pockets.

"Not hungry," Quin' smiled and nodded. "Ok I know of a few stores we can hit! But.. errr.. I wonder if anyone else here would be interested," the young Engineer's eyes slowly gazed at the rest of the crew, right now thoug her mind wasn't so much on the shopping but rather on what Keri'cruen was doing right now.

When the Ceremony was done, Shar looked at the new rank pin she was received and smiled. Might as well enjoy it. First she had a job to do anyway. So she spent most of the time back on the ship, making sure everything was secure. She wanted to make sure all the workers wore a proper tag, she got a list of everyone who would be working on the ships and decided to go through the files. Especially for the Laibes in the workforce. She did not really trust anyone and she wanted to get it done with, so she could go and meet her brother for a visit to their parents. She also wished to stop by the palace to visit people she knew in Royal guard and chefs there. But before she could do all that, she needed to make sure that the ship was secure.

Ross nodded in approval at Viktor's response. "Yes, just as I remember in my lessons about your family. Though your parents could stand to have more children. The Kingdom will always need soldiers, even when we are all gone." The Swordmaster glanced over his shoulder at Alis'tar as he deliberated on his response for a moment. "I suppose I was excessively vehement on the subject of my brother. It has more to do with our family's long line of lords and soldiers than civilian doctors themselves. Vin'cent enjoys wasting his time on subjects of physiology and medicine in a civilian environment rather than the same in a combat environment. He has no ambition on bringing honor to the family name or on administrating the household, which is especially important if I fall." Ross smiled wryly upon the subject of administration. "Though I must admit, residing over a peaceful station has struck us both as tiresome."

"Sounds a bit like my own brother." Kil'nda said. as they approached closer to their destination. "Though he did choose to be a Navy medic so that he could bring in honer to the family as well." There was a good reason for this as his brother had been born as a Daur. It was rare but not unheard of. It always seemed his parents were much harder on his little brother for it, Even if they denied it themselves.

He looked up the location of their restaurant on his phone. "Well, we should be about there now." he said as the various restaurants, clubs, and bars were coming into view now.

Def'leor walked briskly to the nearest gate that lead off the base. She flagged down a taxi. After all the time aboard the Gam'trosha, and the constant battling with their own people. She wanted to find something to renew her wounded spirit. She asked the driver to take her to the nearest hotel. As the vehicle got underway she started thinking about what she could do.

Once she got into her room in the hotel, she sat at the computer terminal and started a search. She found what she wanted, an Orphan's Home. She wanted to reconnect with the people she had sworn to protect. Who better than those who had the least. She placed a call to the administrator and made arrangements to visit.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back