Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 3] Into The Unknown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridge

Vladi'mir smiles "scratch that mah, the updates will be done is less than a hectra according to the Software Engineer" he smiles and looks back at te console typing a message to the Software Engineer

Code:
hello there Software Engineer, i would request that you never access my console again.

he leans back and watches the downloads keeping a tab on it

Bridge

Def'leor returned to her station. she entered a series of commands to package the logs she pulled from the facility, added to it the ship's maintenence records. She then forwarded the packet to the ship's agents, and a copy to Sa'kira.

She then opened a ship wide channel. "Attention all hands, expedite all maintnence activities. Launch sequence will commence when the actions are complete. Bridge out."

Freezer Storage

Ya'gor's ears twitched as he registered the comm, then cursed with a freezing fog. Again he looked for more dirt to see where it went and noticed that the door was slightly ajar. The engineer then closed the maintenance hatch and exited the freezer, closing it up tight before following the trail further.

Deck 3, Cabins

The first thing Shar would notice upon looking through the crack in the door were small scraps of half eaten vegetables and meat on the ground, and it left a trail to something that was just out of visual.

Food Hold

Before Ye'gor could close the door to the hold, something came running out of the freezer and into the hallway, moving very quickly and making a number of small chittering sounds as he ran.

Bridge

"Life support is most likely just a patch, although I do know that RnD recently developed a new type of life support system...." Sa'kira's voice trailed as she took a seat in the captains chair and leaned back against the soft padding in thought. "XO, make a note in the ships maintenance logs that the next time we come into port, I want 'all' systems to be brought up to date.. and I think it might be best for 'our' people to oversee the updates from now on."

Ye'gor jumped at the sound , his tail blossoming in response to his heart. He then started firing after the chittering before his mind cough up to what he was actually firing at. When his mind did come to, the engineer stopped firing and started looking around to see if he could find what ever had escaped the freezer.

Shar frowned and moved back a bit. She silently drew out her warblade and attached the knife under her pistol's barrel. Then she flicked the power switch and the gun hummed quietly as the magnetic rails by the barrel powered up. Seeing the mess inside, it was probably some animal that somehow got on board. And somehow forced the door open.

Silently as only a trained person can do Shar moved to the doors and slide through the gap. Being small had its advantages. Being quite and fitting throught small spaces were two of them. Shard her gun close to her side, ready to use it, if whatever was inside would be dangerous. Either the pistol's blade or its needles, Shar had the means to bring the hitchhiker down if needed.

Bridge

Def'leor turned to Sa'kira. "A sensible precaution. At least until we learn more about these deficiencies." she replied, and then turned back to her console and made the requested entry.

She monitored the status of the ship systems on her IDT. She opened up a panel on her display and queued the communications system. She scanned the local channels for some music. With no ETA yet for all the upgraded to be complete she figured some entertainment was in order. "Care to listen to some music from a local station Ship Mistress?"

Bridge

Vladi'mir smiles and coughs "um mah, i could play us a song, my instrument is in one of the cabins" he laughs "i could go and get it then come back and play for all of us" he turns from the console and smiles at everyone "it's one of the things i like to do, and i haven't really played in a while".

Armoury

Lato tapped in the security code to enter the armoury, taking a moment to take in the positions of all of the various weapons and pieces of armour. The engineer activated his terminal and brought up the service logs on the equipment. Thankfully the station shouldn't have even had the clearance to tamper with the crews equipment but it was better safe then sorry.

With a sigh the laibe got to scanning through item by item making sure that everything was combat ready. It was with a little annoyance that he discovered a Seta'sis with several nicks in the edge and a fairly hefty dent about a third of the way up the blade, otherwise it had no distinctive markings. Though servicable it was clear that the blade hadn't been looked after. As an avid swordsman himself Lato always carried a sharpening tool with him at all times. A fact he was very glad for in the current situation. Taking it out he sat down to care for the errant blade as he had been taught, muttering to himself about stupid amateurs. If he found out who had banged the blade up he would have some serious words and possibly inflict some minor wounds in the process.

Last edited:
Bridge

"Either/or is fine by me, having instrumental music would be rather soothing," Sa'kira said to the request for music, that was until an internal alert came over everyone's consoles about weapons fire being detected near the ships food storage bays. A holographic image of the deck appeared, and displayed an area in red that a weapon had been discharged aboard the ship.

Placing her hands on the edge of her captains chair, Sa'kira glanced over at De'fleor and Vlad'mir. "Check it," she ordered.

Food Storage

A number of small paw prints would lead away from the freezer and into the cafeteria, a couple seconds later there was a clattering of glasses that shattered against the deck, whatever it was had been scared into the point of wanting to get as far away from Ye'gor as possible.

Deck 3

As Shar slide into the room, her eyes would fall upon something that was light brown and furry, with floppy ears; it was easily recognizable as a U'renese. The critter wasn't alone, there was six other smaller critters - children by the looks of it - that were all nibbling on some food that the larger one had apparently acquired somewhere on the ship.

They continued to nibble until a sound somewhere on the ship got their attention, glancing upward at the ceiling before the adult U'renese turned toward Shar, and stared at the Daur intently.

Armory

Other than the nicked blade which Latos was working on, there were a few crates on a nearby lift that had been marked with several military serial numbers; all of which corresponded to ammunition types used by both personal and ship weapons, including weapons the ship currently lacked. There was also a create that been packed with fresh rifles and pistols, along with another packed with a few new swords, all of which were all up to policy and that the crates could only be unpacked by ship personal.

Cafeteria

Ye'gor cursed when he heard the sounds, before ensuring he properly closed the freezer and made his way more into the cafeteria. His ears twitched around as he tried to pick up whatever noises he could to home in on where the little intruder had managed to get to as he tried to go as quietly as he could. The kit also kept his sidearm up, in hopes that he could score a better hit if given the chance.

Bridge

Def'leor turned her attention to the monitors. 'Weapon fire while in dock. This is beyond unbelievable. Its ludicrous. She zoomed on the image. "Weapon fire near food storage. "Ma'am. Strange place for a saboteur." She opened the intercoms in that area. "Attention we have weapons fire in the vicinity of the Food Storage. Available personnel proceed and investigate."

Shar held back a chuckle. She expected a Tri'se or small Mage'krosen, not a this. She exhaled and hid her weapon behind herself. Last thing she needed was the critters scatter and ran around the ship. "Hey there buddy," She said soflty. She reached to her belt and took out a nutrition bar, ripping its package with her teeth. "You get enough, want some more of the tasty stuff?" She said slowly, offering the treat to the critter, being ready to snipe if it should went for her hand with its teeth.

Bridge

Vlad'mir smiles and looks at the monitors "could be on of our personnel firing at something...." he looks at the image "maybe something startled them and they accidentally fired their weapon" he shakes his head "doesn't ound like a possibility but i think we need to keep an open mind about this".

Cafeteria

Ye'gor heard the announcement over the speakers and cursed under his breath. He then pulled out his communicator, fumbling it around before finally getting it into position. The engineer allowed himself a few breaths to get himself calmed down before dialing in to De'fleor's audio.

"C'Baruce Tos'cana, here," he began in his usual dry chill voice, "That was me, mah. We have something alive down here and I could use some help to corner it if anyone is available."

Bridge

"C'bar," S'akira looked over at Vlad'mir. "Go and give C'bar Ye'gor some assistance please," she said and looked back at the screen.

Crew Quarters

The adult U'renese continued to watch Shar, it moved carefully toward the Daur; its eyes looked on her just in case she tried anything. When she was within hands reach, the other U'renese moved toward together but stopped a few inches behind the adult. The adult glanced at the youngling and then at Shar before placing a paw on the bar and taking a small nibble from it. That nibble quickly turned into what could be considered a smile as it began to eat away at the bar.

Cafeteria

On the floor were pieces of what was once a glass container that had held a gold powder, that gold powder was now all over the floor, but something that run through it - because small little paw prints could be seen clearly heading through a door that lead into the main dining area. There were tiny sneezes that could be heard in the area.

Last edited:
bridge

Vladi'mir nods and gets up from his console "yes mah, i will go and help trap the thing" then he walks quickly out and towards deck three and the cafeteria while he makes his way to the cafeteria he tries to contact C'bar Ye'gor "excuse me, C'bar Ye'gor i am coming to assist you, it is in the cafeteria now right?"

Cafeteria

Ye'gor looked at the spilled powder and felt a growl building in his throat as he thought about having to clean it up later. He checked himself to make sure it did not get loud enough to be heard; however his desire to rip the head off of what ever it was still burned within him. That was when the engineer heard Vladi'mir on the communicator, causing him to turn it down before whispering into it.

"That is confirmed," he said, trying to only project his voice into the device, "damn thing has made a mess in the kitchen, and moved on to the main dining area. The threat is low, but it's a quick little bastard."

When the sound of sneezing came up, the young Laibe's ears twitched, his eyes focusing predatorily in the same direction soon after. He slowly crept his way along, following the paw prints, side arm at the ready, then gently opened the door enough for him to make out the creatures next moves from there.

Cafeteria

Vladi'mir stands outside the cafeteria and whispers into his communicator to Ye'gor "i'm outside the cafeteria, should we attack from both sides, are you still in the kitchen?" he was hoping this would work "you go in through the kitchen and i'l go in through here and hopefully it wont be able to escape."

Cafeteria

Ye'gor sighed, "Target is no longer in the kitchen. Currently somewhere in the main dining area, look for paw prints of golden powder on your way in. I'll make my way from the kitchen once I get a decent visual of where the trail is going.."

From there he continued to check for more powder prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back