• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Fort Ready Class 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarQuid

Inactive Member
Author Kai

fort ready; class 1:

wes:
Taisa Rufus Sydney stepped out of the well-used shuttle into the sunny expanse of Fort Ready's spaceport, where a Heisho was waiting in a utility truck. A separate bus waited nearby for new recruits. As he carries his bulky bags to the truck, he looked around at the tall evergreens and mostly blue skies. This was a nice place to be.

As he dumped his belonging in the back of the jeep, he headed towards the passenger side, opened the door, and hopped it. "Take me to the admin building," he ordered. "I'll try to get settled before the first recruits arrive."

rune:
The Cougar T5 Shuttle landed on a the pad in the center of the quad, two Fifth Expeditionary Fleet warrant officers emerged from the craft, hauling two very large creates onto the tarmac –behind them emerged Taisa Tiara Ume, the most decorated Chef in the Fifth Expeditionary Fleet.

“Careful with those!” She shouted at the two warrant officers, “You break a single dish and I swear you’ll be working on a garbage hauler.”

They responded in unison, “Hai Taisa.”

She wore a custom designed uniform, it resembled a jacketed male uniform, but the buttons were knotted fabric, giving it a culinary flare. She stretched, and then ran her fingers through her pink hair-taking in a deep breath of the fresh air. She called up a map through PANTHEON and made for the administration building.

“Get those into the Culinary Building.” She said as she moved away, then hearing the dishes in the crate clank together as one of the warrant officers stepped on a crack she added, “And don’t break anything…”

Upon reaching the administration building, she watched as the Jeep carrying Rufus arrived, she headed towards the jeep, her unbuttoned jacket sweeping back in the breeze as she reached the jeep, giving Rufus a cheery, “G’day! I am Taira Ume, and you are?” Other than handsome that is…She thought admiring the treat of a man before her.

wes:
The Taisa flashed his bright, trademark smile. "Rufus Sydney," he replied. "They put me in charge of the camp for the moment. We're supposed to be getting some recruits in soon. I haven't seen much, but so far I like the place, even though it is a little...country compared to Yamatai."

kai:
Kai sat at the edge of the landing area, watching the shuttles come and go. Since he had arrived the day before, activity had nearly tripled. The outlying forests reminded him of home, but he was not homesick.

Watching the latest ship Kai saw what appeared to be two officers greeting each other. Deciding they might be instructors or the like, he walked over to the pair, gave a quick salute and said " Hello Sir and Madam, i am Kai Nakamura, Santo Hei, pleasure to meet you. "

wes:
Rufus suddenly scowled. "Excuse me for a moment, Taisa Ume." What the hell? They're not supposed to be here already.. "Get down!" he shouted at Kai, punishing him from breaking Star Army regulations by interrupting the conversation of officers. "You're no Santo Hei yet--you have to earn the right to be a third-class soldier."

kai:
"Y-y-y-yes sir, sorry sir" stammered Kai, having not expected this kind of reaction from the officers. "It will never happen again" he blurted out, following the Taisa Rufus's orders immediately.

wes:
"Knock out twenty and then report to the barracks. Wake up is at 0500 hours tomorrow, so don't stay up late. You'll need your rest. Uniforms and gear will be issued tomorrow."

kai:
"Sir Yes Sir!" Replied the recruit as he did his pushups. Once he was done he stood up, saluted, and walked off towards the forest, where his few belongings were hidden,and retrieved them. He then reported to the barracks.

wes:
Past the central courtyard's cobblestone-bordered concerte pad, a cobblestone-lined sidewalk led to the large metal doors of the large stone barracks building. Inside, there was a lobby area with an empty desk, and stairs on either side, leading up and down to the other levels. The floors were made of polished white marble.

Upstairs in the barracks rooms, there were ten bunks on either side of the room, with a bathroom at the end. The plain-looking bunkbeds had white sheets and light gray blankets, with white pillows. At the foot of each bed were two large black foot lockers.

kai:
Kai entered the barracks to find them empty. looking on the deserted desk, he checked the manifest and found the barracks room he had been assigned to.

"guess no one is here yet" Kai muttered to himself, walking up the stairs. Once inside the room he threw his gear on the top bunk of the nearest bed and sighed "Man, today's gonna be just as boring as yesterday. Tomorrow better be fun." with that he climbed into bed and, using his trechcoat as a blanket, fell asleep.

day 2;

wes:
At four in the morning, an instructor came storming into the room, shouting "GET UP OR GET SCUFFED!" while briskly walking from bunk to bunk blasting an airhorn at anyone deemed not moving fast enough. The others in Kai's class, mostly other Yamataians, scrambled clumsily from their bunks toward the latrine.

"SHIT, SHOWER, AND SHAVE!" the instructor commanded. "You have ten minutes!"

kai:
Not wanting to be yelled at again, Kai jumped right out of bed. The first thing he noticed was that he was no longer alone, the entire barracks was now full of other Yamataians. Getting up fast gave him the advantage in the sudden race for the bathrooms, and he was able to get ready first. Once he finished there he rushed to his foot locker and grabbed his clothes and trenchcoat, putting them on quickly, but neatly.

It was now that he checked the time and, seeing that it was 0400 and not 0500 as the taisa had said, became annoyed. One of the things he hated was people going back on their word. Nevertheless, he now stood at attention, awaiting the next orders.

wes:
"I want everyone in formation outside now!" the instructor directed after about ten minutes had passed. Their first stop would be uniform issue.

kai:
Kai began to get excited ''Finally a real Star Army uniform!" he thought. His excitement getting the beter of him, the annoyance passed away and he followed the instructor outside. "Maybe today won't be so boring" thought Kai.

wes:
The instructor took roll, explained a bit about marching, and then begin leading the formation (a 4 x 10 block of recruits) down towards the dining hall, halting them outside. "You have five minutes to eat!" he told them. "File from the left, column left!"

"Column left!" the guy in front of first squad repeated.

"MARCH!" the intructor said. The recruits began to follow into the mess hall, where some cooks were serving sausage and eggs, as well as hot oatmeal.

Watching over the line for food was Taisa Sydney, the commander.

kai:
As Kai walked through the line, he looked up at Taisa Sydney and had a strong urge to say that they were awoken an hour early, but decided against it. He continued on down the line and got his food, wondering if the Taisa had done that on purpose. Kai found a seat and wolfed down his food, making sure to be ready quickly, since he wanted to show the Taisa that he did in fact deserve the rank of Santo Hei.

Unfortunately for Kai, wolfing down your food has side effects, one of wich was bits of egg and oatmeal down the front of his coat. Unaware of this, Kai tried to stand near the front of his group, to show off.

wes:
"What the hell is that shit?" the instructor demanded, looking straight at Kai. "In the Star Army, you're expected to look presentable! Take off your oatmeal-covered clothes. If you can't keep your clothes clean, you don't deserve to wear anything." The instructor eyed a neko in the back. "You too, orange juice spiller."

kai:
"Oh Shi-" said kai, looking down at his coat. He grabbed a handkerchief out of his pocket and wiped the front of his coat. Seeing that this didn't get all of the food out, he dissapointedly took off his signature trenchcoat, effectively turning him into what he viewed as ''just another recruit''. He folded his coat and hung it over his arm, hoping they would stop by the barracks soon so he could throw it in his foot locker.

wes:
"Did I stutter or something? I said undress!" the instructor scowled. "In fact, since Yontou Hei wants to be a fashion star, everyone get naked. Fold your clothes and stick them in a pile over there."

kai:
Seeing that he had no other choice, Kai followed suit. As he stood there ashamed, he could feel the icy stares of the other recruits cutting into the back of his head. "At least today hasn't been boring" he thought, trying to make light of the situation.

wes:
Once the recruits were nude and back in formation, the instructor pulled out his energy pistol and shot the pile of clothing, setting it on fire. In seconds, everyone's civilian clothing was engulfed in flames. "Platoon! Atten-TION! Right FACE! Forward...MARCH!"

They headed for the issue facility, where they'd finally get their uniforms, not to mention their own pistols.

kai:
Kai walked along after the instructor half absent-mindedly, wondering where he'd get a new trenchcoat. When they arrived at the issue facility Kai's mood was lifted a little by his new uniform, but the loss of his trenchcoat still weighed heavily on his mind. Recieving the pistol, Kai was excited almost to the point of forgetting his coat, but not quite. he wondered what they were up to next and when he could get another coat.

wes:
Kai and the others were first measured and then sent down a long line of stations, each issuing a certian type of item. As Kai went down the row, he received:

6 pairs of black boot socks

6 pairs of "euro" briefs (made of stretchy material)

1 pair of black sandals

3 black bikini swimsuit bottoms (with Star Army of Yamatai logo)

3 white ringer T shirts (with Star Army of Yamatai logo)

1 white yukata with a Star Army logo pattern on it

1 black sash for the yukata

2 black T-shirts

2 pairs of light blue-gray pants

2 uniform jackets with red panels

1 pair of dark gray leather gloves

1 pair of leather boots, dark gray

1 pistol belt, leather, dark gray, with holster for Type 28 NSP

1 black tricorner hat with a red border

1 black overcoat ankle-length (MALE)

A toiletry kit (with toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, electric razor, etc)

A Type 28 Training Pistol (non-lethal) and 3 rubber magazine simulators.

A combination lock for their foot locker

Once every had their gear, the instructor had everyone get into their excercise outfits (bikinis and white T-shirts) and haul their gear back to their bunks and ordered them to neatly put it away according to a chart glued to the inside of each foot locker's lid.

Author Wes

( OOC: The two other PCs that just were assigned to this plot should post now. )

Author Avatar of Kohana

Jehenial swore under his breath at the dumbasses that couldn't keep the food in their mouths. Because of this, he had now lost all of his most prized possessions, as they were in the pocket of his overcoat that the commanding officer had just incinerated.

Shaking his head slowly at the humiliation that he had to endure this first day, finding it quite counterproductive to completely bitch out your recruits when they have no idea what the fuck they are supposed to be doing. Seemed to Jehenial a great way to breed dissent amongst the ranks.

He jogged with the rest of his squad, silently plotting in his head ways to get back at the orange juice spilling neko, and the spiller of the oatmeal.

Author Krisslanza

Yuril got a rather unusual and, to some, a rather harsh first day experience into the military life. But it didn't really get to her, it was quite commonly known that the instructors at training bases were meant to make your life a living hell, make you wish you were never born, and generally just be some really, really bad people. But she could tough it out, it wasn't like the instructor didn't have way to his teaching, be better to scare out the weak ones now then have them die out in battle and waste money and equipment.

Of course, Yuril was not such a big fan of the whole 'strip down naked' in front of everyone. She knew it was going to happen sooner or later, but still, she really didn't like having to strip in front of people. But she'd take getting naked over getting discharged. Although getting her clothes burnt up wasn't so great to watch (Not that she had any attachment to her clothing).

Still. We had to get our uniforms and gear sooner or later so...

When instructed to don the Star Army excercise uniform, a lovely t-shirt and bikini, Yuril was more then happy to comply. Anything to not be naked anymore. Then she went and neatly, yet quickly, organized her new gear into the footlocker designated as her's. Once done she merely stood by her footlocker, awaiting further orders.

Author Wes

Next came the first of many classes, one about being a soldier. Taisa Sydney would conduct the class. After a minute or two to finish organizing their new things, the instructor yelled at everyone to get outside and back into formation.

The march over there was watched more closely, with the instructor making sure everyone kept in step with one another. Inside the class building, the the recruits were made to stand tightly packed against a wall, silently waiting. For the Taisa to be ready. One girl asked to pee; instead, she got to do exercise.

After a moment, they were sent into a large hall with many tables and chairs lined up to face a stage. The instructor reminded them not to sleep in class.

Author Kai

Kai sat down at a table near the middle of the room, trying to be unimposing and yet show no signs of weakness. He scanned the room, noticing especially two other recruits; one having just as bad a day as him and another who seemed to be very angry. Kai began to stare blankly at the ceiling, ready for the lesson to start, but ultimately decided to stare at the stage and wait for the Taisa to show up.

Author Wes

Soon enough, Taisa Sydney came out on the stage and went behind a podium, looking over the mass of new recruits. "Welcome!"

"My name is Rufus Sydey, and I am a ship captain from the First Expeditionary Fleet. In this class, I will be your commander and oversee the training. I am harsh, but pretty fair; your instructor is just harsh. Today you have started your journey into becoming a soldier. It will not be easy. Months of training are being compressed into days so that we can get more troops out there defending Yamatai -- thus, the Star Army has created the accelerated training program you are in. It will be shorter, but it will not be easier. If you don't think you'll make it, try harder. If you can't hack it, then I'll release you back to civilian life. I want you to do your best. Remember, peoples lives will be at stake out there..."

Rufus picked a random recruit and pointed at (him/her). "You there, what is your name?"

Author Avatar of Kohana

Looking up from his notebook, Jehenial noticed Rufus pointing at him.

"Jehenial Duke, Sir. My name is Jehenial." He looked around nervously, ashamed he hadn't really been paying full attention to his superior officer. He wanted to know if he was being singled out, or just the next person to introduce himself to the instructor.

Author Wes

"That's a very Elysian name," Rufus told Duke, raising an eyebrow. "Why did you join the Star Army?"

Author Kai

"Lucky, he didn't get yelled at for his introduction" thought Kai. "Maybe arriving early hadn't been such a good idea, although having to introduce myself in front of this many people might be embarrasing" He told himself, looking to Jehenial, then Rufus.

Author Avatar of Kohana

Jehenial shook his head.

"No sir, it's not really an Elysian name at all. My father gave it to me because it was artistic and intelligent sounding. As for why I joined the Army, to be a lean, mean, ass kicking machine?"

He shifted in his chair, showing he was not really comfortable with that mindset, and it was more what he was SUPPOSED to say if asked that question.

Author Wes

"You don't sound very confident," Rufus observed.

He then pointed to Kai. "And you?"

Author Krisslanza

In an effort to try and look awake and unbored, Yuril was watching the little 'questioning' of her fellow 'classmate', the one named 'Jehenial' (which did sound very Elysian).

His reasoning for joining sounds so... childish almost...

The Neko just hoped if this Jehenial did truly believe in such a childish reason, that her life wouldn't be depending on him anytime soon.

Author Kai

" Sir, My Name is Kai Nakamura, and i joined the Star Army of Yamatai to escape boredom, and one day become Taisa of my own ship." Kai said, a little unsure of his wording, but certainly saying it confidently. He wondered if his quick response had made him come off as a pompous ass. This thought left his mind as he watched to see who Rufus Would pick next.

Author Wes

"And you?" Rufus asked, pointing to another random nearby trainee (Yuril).

Author Krisslanza

Yuril wasn't expecting to be called on, although in retrospect she assumed her rather bored expression left her to be called on. She stood up before answering the question.

"Tsukade Yuril, Nekovalkryja model NH-29, sir. Indebted to the Star Army of Yamatai for a service of eight years, but have no plans of leaving beyond that."

Granted I live those eight years...

A rather formal and likely long introduction but... The Neko had just sort of gushed that all out before her brain started to think.

Author Wes

"Now that I know why you joined, I want to know why you're here," Rufus said. "What is the purpose of a Star Army soldier?"

Author Kai

Kai stood up. "Our purpose is to protect the empire... and... kill mishhu?" said Kai, a little questioningly, hoping it was the right answer.

He sat down, a little embarrased, and focused on rufus.

Author Wes

Rufus sternly looked over the recruits. "Forget all the selfish and circumstantial reasons you joined the Star Army for. They do not matter. You do not matter. What matters is the survival of our people. The reason our military exists is to ensure that."

A floating display appeared, listing the missions of the Star Army of Yamatai:

Quote:
By order of priority, the mission of the Star Army of Yamatai is:

* To ensure the continued survival of the Yamatai Star Empire and the Star Army of Yamatai
* To combat enemies of Yamatai and the Star Army of Yamatai
* To protect the peoples of Yamatai
* To expand Yamatai Star Empire territory as directed by the Emperor, Empress, or Imperial Senate
* To function as a postal mail and package carrier for Yamatai during wartime
* To provide transportation service to Yamataian citizens during wartime

"The most important thing I can teach you is to be self-less. If you're only here to have a job, or for personal gain then you're a liability and shouldn't be here. Many more lives than your own will depend on you in this profession, and you need to care. Being a soldier is about being part of a unit, a family, where each member supports each other and the mission. Without teamwork we will lose the war and you will all die. Let me repeat myself: if you do not work as a team, you're as good as dead."

Author Avatar of Kohana

Jehenial shook his head as he listened to the other recruits, and then to their instructor.

"Sir, how can you honestly believe that? You just told us that we are not important, and then immediately tell us that we have to work as a team and care about each other or we are as good as dead. If we don't matter, why should we care about others? If we don't matter, does that mean we are just the emporer's meat shields and playthings? It seems to me that it is counterproductive to tell your recruits that they, or their ideas of what they should be doing here, do not matter and then right after that tell them that they need to care about others and work together with them..."

Sitting back in his chair and crossing his arms over his chest, he watched Rufus, eager to get to the bottom of this governmental double talk.

Author Wes

"You're right about being unimportant. In the big picture each individual is nothing--that's why we work together. As a part of the Star Army you become important because you're part of something greater than yourself. Right now you have next to nothing, but that will change if you stay focused. During this course I want you to learn that only together can you succeed. You need to be there for your battle buddies and they need to be there for you."

Author Krisslanza

While being told you're individually worth less then just about trash isn't a very comforting thing, Yuril knew all too well it was painfully true. Heck, the equipment they let the soldier's use was probably worth more then soldier himself, or well herself.

The Neko took a moment to look about the classroom, looking at the other recruits present. It was a little overwhelming and worrying to imagine she'd have to rely and work well with so many people but... The silver-haired neko nodded, she could do this. She was a friendly person, it couldn't be that hard to make friends with all the people she'd have to work with... Right?

She made a mental note that when she had freetime to try and make friends with her fellow recruits, if she'd end up serving with any of them it'd be nice to at least know there were some people onboard she could know and depend on.

"Sir...", spoke up Yuril hesitately, hating to speak without being told, "What kind of things will we be doing to grow these bonds then sir?"

Author Wes

Rufus couldn't help but grin. "You will eat, train, fight, sleep, shower, and suffer together. There will be live-fire exercises later in the training where your lives will literally depend on your comrades' aim. You will also be expected to help each other succeed and to keep in line. Not all of you will make it through this training, so you will need to keep yourself among the higher percentage."

Author Kai

Kai Sat, thinking of what Rufus had just said. "Sounds like fun except the suffer part" he muttered to himself. He jotted down some notes in his notebook, and stole a quick glance at Yuril and Jehenial. Kai had a feeling they'd be two that he'd get to know well.

Author Wes

"Let's talk about the enemy," Rufus said. "What types of enemies does the Star Army have?"

Author Krisslanza

The Neko paused a moment to ponder it over, the first enemy that came to mind was the 'Mishnu', they had a longer more formal name, but Yuril didn't bother wanting to memorize it. She was absolutely terrified of having to meet one, judging from what she had heard.

Once more then silver-haired neko hesitately spoke up. She didn't want to say the full name but, would rather say it in full rather then risk thinking she was lazy.

"The Mishhuvurthyar sir?", then the neko added, "And... Organizations that wish to cause the downfall of the Empire sir?"

It was a general way to refer to enemies, but the Neko just couldn't pull any off the top of her head at the moment, try as she might with that Nekovalkryja brain of hers.

Author Wes

"That's right," Rufus nodded, "Our main enemy is the Mishhuvurthyar's military, the SMX. These are creatures similar to Nekovalkyrja - highly advanced and well-trained. Unfortunately, they want to enslave us all."

Author Krisslanza

Thinking of the Mishhu made Yuril quite uncomfortable, they were not something she wanted to think of much... If at all. The thought of being enslaved by one was simply... Unthinkable, in fact she had to sit down a moment and rub her right temple for a little bit, just too try and stop thinking about it.

Within a few seconds she regained her composure. The silence was slightly unnerving now though...

Author Wes

Several hours of class followed, going over the Star Army's rank system, some math, and basic radio procedure. Lunch consisted of turkey sandwiches; they didn't go to the dining hall. The sun began to set.

"That's it for class today," Rufus said. "tomorrow will be combat training, so get some rest, okay?"

The instructor sergeant stood up from his seat near the door. "Alright you unpopped cherries, you heard the man! On your feet! I want a formation outside in one minute!"

Author Kai

"Can't wait for tomorrow, Combat training is where i can show off!" Kai said to himself. He got up and followed the hustle and bustle of all the other Recruits out the door. Looking over the formations, he found his group and joined up with them.

Author Krisslanza

Combat training so soon...? Well I guess this is an accelerated learning program so it makes sense...

Of course, deep down the Neko was quite excited, she was a little over eager perhaps to see what kind of combat training they'd be engaging in. When the instructor barked out his orders she quickly rushed outside before the one minute was up and got into formation.

She didn't want to even know what kind of things might happen it you disobeyed that instructor...

Author Wes

The march back to the barracks was brief, as was the time before lights-out. After shutting out the lights, the instructor left the new recruits to sleep. Some of the Nekovalkyrja had other ideas, however. Yuril could see a sneaky neko climb into the bed next to her, onto another girl. They disappeared under the blanket, giggling quietly.

Author Krisslanza

There was next to no time at all to get to go around and meet everyone after they had been marched off to the barracks, which was a tad annoying. How did they expect her to make friends with her fellow recruits if they marched them right into bed right away?

Well... Maybe towmarrow then...

The neko was about to go to sleep... When sound awoke her. Lazily opening one eye, she caught sight of a fellow Nekovalkryja up and about. The Neko climbed into the bed next to her's, which was also home to a Nekovalkryja, then she heard giggling.

The silver-haired neko's face nearly instantly went scarlet.

Should I really be trying to watch this?

Yuril was a rather curious Neko, mainly probably due to her rather short lifespan thus far, and she felt compelled to sit on her bed watching the bed adjacent to her. She had debated crawling out of her own and seeing what was going on but... Then there was a chance the pair of nekos might scream and wake EVERYONE up.

At least this way she could watch in private, even if the blanket was in the way... She only hoped she didn't make a lot of noise in the process of sitting up and then moving to sit on her bed.

Author Kai

Kai too, had noticed this and, annoyed, searched his footlocker for ear plugs. unable to locate any he used a pair of socks and the sash from his yukata to make one. "I'm gonna have to get earplugs" he tought. He turned the other way and tried to sleep.

Author Wes

"Mmf...unh..." little moans and sucking and kissing noises came from beneath the blanket. The blanket slipped a bit, giving Yuril a bit of a show. It went on for about an hour...

DAY 3

"GET UP! GET UP!" the instructor shouted. "Get in exercise uniforms and downstairs! You have ten minutes!"

Author Krisslanza

Yuril's face was beet red as the "giggling" turned into very new sounds she wasn't quite familiar with but could easily put two and two together to figure out what those noises meant.

Her instincts told her to close her ears and fall asleep. But her curious side told her to sit there and watch.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending upon one's point of view, the Neko was far more curious then she was instinctive at the moment. The silver-haired neko watched until the sounds faded away then she decided to take a nap herself. In the back of her head, she just knew she'd regret missing that hour of sleep...

Morning came too soon for Yuril as the instructor's voice awoke her much like if she had been just cracked in the skull with a sludge hammer. She rushed to quickly get into the requested outfit, trying to do it quickly before most of the other recruits woke up so she'd at least save some tiny shred of modesty she had left, then bolted downstairs.

Author Wes

After the platoon was assembled, the instructor marched the group outside of the fort and down a stretch of road to a well-trimmed grass field surrounded by pine trees. A pair of utility trucks, each with a driver, idled at one edge of the field, each with a medic and a driver.

"Alright," the instructor told them. "I want you all to pair off with a parter."

Author Kai

Kai scanned the field, looking for someone he recognised. He noticed the arguing man from yesterday and the shy, silver haired neko. since yuril was closer he went over to her. "you don't mind if we pair up do you?" he asked.

Author Krisslanza

The fact the instructor had led them out so far was slightly worrying, the medics in the trucks only made the Neko even more worried.

Oh boy, I better make sure I don't need their help by the end of this day or... Oh boy...

She snapped out of her thinking as one of the recruits she had seen before approached her, although his name eluded her for the moment. When asked if she could pair up with him she spreaded her hands out in front of her face.

"Ah, no problem at all."

Author Wes

"Let's see what you know already...now, FIGHT!"

Author Krisslanza

Fight? This guy? I don't even know if this is considered fair I mean... I'm a Nekovalkryja and... Oh boy. I'm not going to enjoy this I bet...

The Neko didn't even bother to sigh though, no need to attract unwanted attention, rather she glanced at Kai.

"Well, I'll give you the first move then."

Yuril didn't have any real fighting stances and she just stood looking completely relaxed... Which in some cases, could be its own stance, she was a Nekovalkryja after all.

Author Kai

Kai's immediate reply to the instructors orders was an "uh..." He answered the neko "okay" while he dropped low and took a swipe with his right leg at yuril's legs, attempting to knock her off her feet. With acrobatic precision he somersaulted up, getting into a fighting stance, ready for the neko's counter.

Author Krisslanza

This just seems so horribly unfair for the poor guy. Well, I guess that's why they have medics here right? They certainly knew some people are going to be leaving in stretchers... But let's try and not do that...

It was the painful truth. Yuril was a Nekovalkryja, she was created for battle, there wasn't really anything Kai could do that could really pose a threat to her. Well, not unless he was in a power armor or something.

The silver-haired neko hopped over the sweeping kick with ease and as soon as she landed, she hopped forward with a jab at Kai's stomach. Under normal conditions that would be pretty slow, but taking into account her rather, well, inhuman reflexes and all...

Author Kai

Yuril had failed to remember that yamtaians had some extra strength and, Kai, having previous combat experience was ready for the blow. He spun sideways, grabbing Yuril's arm and using the momentum of her own attack to throw the less experienced neko to the ground. Unfortunately, Kai was not used to the ground here and lost his footing, following the neko to the ground. He hung onto her arm, knowing that him being there would slow her down and give him an extra moment to plan his next move.

Author Krisslanza

Yuril hadn't even thought for a second that Kai could stop her attack. Sure showed her how over confident she was in believing she was unstoppable to anyone save another Nekovalkryja.

Ah my poor ego...

With her fall slowed slightly by the fact her opponent hadn't released her arm she stopped her fall with one hand and blindly kicked behind her as she tried to wrench her arm free so she could prevent from staying so close to her opponent, whom she assumed had probably fought before.

Author Kai

The kick hit Kai in the small of the back and made him release his grip on yuril and launched him a few feet forward. He drew himself into a ball and rolled, rather than just impacting on the ground, minimizing damage and putting a litttle distance between him and the neko. The kick, however, had still hurt him and he struggled to get up straight.

Author Krisslanza

Being already rather agile herself, not to mention with her own inherit Nekovalkryja enhanced reflexes, Yuril recovered a lot quicker then Kai. She spun on one foot to quickly face Kai, although she didn't expect him to recover quicker then she.

It looked like her previous blind kick had actually hit, to her surprise, which meant she at least was 'leading', in a sense. Not wanting to pause for long the Neko quickly lunged forward, as soon as she got close enough she was planning to give the Yamataian a good ol' punch to the jaw.

A little extreme perhaps, but she wanted to end this quickly before she got any more embarrassed

Author Kai

Seeing the punch coming, Kai did the unexpected and, seemingly stupid thing and dropped to the ground, out of that attack's range and lashed out towards Yuril's running feet, hoping to trip her. though it gave Kai this advantage, the drop was a double edged sword, hurting him in the process.

Author Krisslanza

Again the Yamataian had done something the Neko hadn't considered, of course with her forward momentum there was no way she was going to stop herself from going forward, and in turn prevent her from tripping from Kai's lashed kick.

But just because she was falling didn't mean she'd stop doing anything. With Kai below her, it was really a simple process to instead try and smash his face in with her knee as she fell.

Author Kai

Though more experinced than Yuril, Kai was still getting thrashed around. He rolled towards the neko, hoping her momentum would make Yuril overshoot him. "I can't hold this out much longer" Kai thought "Wish the istructor would end this soon." Kai grimaced, bracing for a possible blow.

Author Krisslanza

For Kai's sake, Yuril hoped the medics on staff were pretty good.

I sure hope this doesn't leave him holding a grudge...

Rolling forward had only caused the Neko's knee to miss the middle of the Yamataian's face and rather impact on the top of his forehead. Hard. She landed on the other side of him and looked over at Kai.

I sure hope I didn't cave his skull in...

"You alright?"

Author Kai

The smack to Kai's head was painful, but not damaging. He stood up and smirked ant Yuril "Yeah, i'm all right" he said, hiding any pain he was in. "The instructor didn't say stop yet though, so don't let your guard down" somewhere between the words guard and down Kai threw dirt at the neko's face and rushed at her, ready to kick or punch, depending on her reaction. He was now on the offensive.

Author Krisslanza

Still standing...? Sheesh. Oh well, I guess this won't be bad for his health then if he's still up after that...

Throwing dirt in one's face was a very... childish tactic, sure it might blind Yuril momentarily, but her ears were more then enough to be able to hear Kai coming at her. Plus, if she really wanted, she could've just changed the way her eyes seen. But that wasn't really required.

As Kai neared the Neko quickly dropped down to her knees and lashed a kick out at where she believed the Yamataian's gut would be in a few seconds.

Author Kai

Kai took the kick to the gut and threw a punch at Yuril's face, putting all his body weight behind it, going horizontal. As he absorbed the blow, Kai grunted and spat out some blood, it had been quite a hit, but he wasn't out quite yet.

Author Krisslanza

At the sight of Kai spilling blood, Yuril decided it'd be better to take the blow rather then dodge it and risk losing her advantage, the Yamataian didn't look he could take much more.

The blow to her face would normally stagger a normal person, but a Nekovalkryja was hardly normal, with the ability to control her center of gravity and such it was child's play to take the blow with a grunt and attempt to ram her knee deep into Kai's chest.

Author Kai

Fortunately for Kai, he had already begun to tuck into a ball to do a rolling recovery off his flying punch, and Yuril's knee merely glanced off his shin. It sent him off balance however, and made him land on his side rather than his front. Kai skidded away from the neko and came to a rest in a cloud of dust. By the time the dust was clear, Kai was up and putting a bit of distance between himself and the neko, planning his next move.

Author Wes

"Arlight, that's enough," the instructor finally said. "Gather around."

The instructor began his class with the basic principals of judo...

(OOC: Minor timeskip. I'm not an expert so I'm not going to go through this part. There's lot's of goodness on the internet though lol.)

Author Kai

Kai stopped running and wiped the blood from his mouth. he walked over to the instructor and sat down, listening intently. "Next time, it won't be a draw" he thought.

Author Krisslanza

While the Neko was a tad disappointed she couldn't finish the fight, she wasn't someone who craved battle but she was a bit embarrassed she couldn't even beat a Yamataian.

Ah well... next time it won't be a draw...

She wasn't going to complain though, that was just bad military conduct so the silver-haired neko listened intently to their instructor's lecture.

Author Wes

The end of the day left everyone battered and exhausted. Several Yamataians had been checked out, but only one ended up going to the hospital because of a broken neck. The march back to the barracks was long and painful; luckily they didn't have to walk it. A few large cargo trucks showed up and gave the recruits a ride back into the fort.

"Hit the showers," the instructor said. "Then get to bed. We have another long day ahead."

Author Krisslanza

Quite a first day of sparring for the class, a number of Yamataians injured, but none severely save one. It made Yuril feel a bit better about her own inability to sufficiently wound Kai.

The ride back was... largely uneventful. It was just a truck ride, how interesting could it be?

Shower and bed eh? Sounds delightful... A nap is always nice!

She wondered if those two Nekos from last night would cause her to stay awake again though... A quick shower later, which she didn't take until most of the other people were done taking theirs, a change of clothes and she was in her bed. Although not really asleep yet...

Author Kai

Kai tapped Yuril on the shoulder. "Hey, nice job out there today. I haven't been worked over like that in a while. No hard feelings, eh?"

Author Krisslanza

The silver-haired neko nearly jumped as she was tapped on the shoulder, she hadn't expected that.

"Ah, no hard feelings at all, don't worry about it."

Wow, I thought he'd be asleep... Maybe I won't get a show tonight if he's awake...

Author Kai

"Oh hey, do you have any earplugs?" Kai asked "The bed next to you is annoying at night."

Author Krisslanza

"Oh... No I don't. I can tune it out nicely though. I fall asleep pretty easily...", a pause, "Do they keep you awake? I mean, it only was one night so... So I guess you have ear plugs then?"

Quickly changing the subject. Smooth.

Author Kai

"Nope, i don't have earplugs.. i tied socks to my head last night." Said Kai "I hope the issue center gives them out, I might need a pair eventually." Mumbled the Yamataian, walking back to his bunk and getting in.

Author Krisslanza

"Socks eh? A nice way to improvise I suppose... Well you could ask whenever we get some freetime I suppose... Sleep well."

Not that sleep is a huge issue for me but... Eh.

The silver-haired neko pulled the covers over her and turned in the direction of the bed the two Nekos from last night had used. By chance, she was going to try to get some sleep, unless she heard anything again.

Author Wes

Sure enough, quiet kissing sounds and panting came from under the covers of the next bed over. Yuril couldn't see the action, but she could see it was making a girl's toes curl.

Author Kai

And sure enough, Kai was sound asleep with socks tied over his ears.

Author Krisslanza

She felt a little guilty watching, more of listening however, but she figured if the pair wanted privacy they probably wouldn't start doing all that when anyone who has a hard time falling asleep would still be awake.

I really do wonder if they do that on purpose...

Oh well. Didn't bother her, she didn't need that much sleep anyway...

Author Wes

DAY 5

A simulated grenade went off in the room at about four thirty in the morning, creating a loud POP! noise.

"Get up! Get up! It's time to train!" the instructor shouted, walking around the room with a electric shock baton of some sort. Anyone who stayed in bed got electrocuted. "Get in your uniforms and in formation!"

Author Krisslanza

With a start the silver-haired neko was yanked from her sleeping world by a loud POP. She didn't need the instructor to tell her to get dressed, she knew damn well they had too, plus when she saw the baton... The neko REALLY didn't want to get jabbed with it.

Yuril was out of her bed and quickly getting into uniform as quickly as neko-ily possible, and dashed to get outside before the instructor decided to just jab people for the hell of it.

Author Kai

Luckily for Kai the makeshift earplugs had fallen off during the night so he was up the instant that fake grenade popped. He jumped up and got into uniform then ran outside, by now getting used to the early wake up times and unorthadox waking methods.

Author Wes

"It's piloting and driving training day," the instructor announced. "Everyone on the bus."

After the recruits began to filled up the bus, they all took a brief drive to a big parking lot area filled with small two-person jeeps.

Author Krisslanza

Piloting and driving day huh? Well, this should be interesting...

Well, minus the driving. Driving was never fun. But Piloting on the otherhand... That sounded much, much more interesting. When ordered to get in the bus, Yuril wasn't going to complain she got on the bus as told. Although her spirits sagged a bit once they arrived and all there was were jeeps.

Looks like we do the driving part first, huh? Oh well. Not like a soldier to complain over trival things like this.

Author Kai

"Oi! it's my time to shine!" said Kai,excitedly, getting onto the trucks. Once they arrived at the field kai looked around and noted " Where's the flying stuff? last time I checked, jeeps were ground dwellers" obviously dissapointed at the apparent lack of aircraft.

Author Wes

The instructor moseyed over the jeeps. "The word of the day is ASSCLOWN. Anyone driving too unsafely or in the wrong areas in an assclown. DO NOT BE AN ASSCLOWN. These trucks are simple. The left pedal is the brake and the right pedal is the accelerator. You turn the wheel to steer. These things are automatic, which makes it TOO EASY. Now everyone in and get them started up. We're going to go on a little joyride."

Author Krisslanza

To Yuril, the explanation on how to drive seemed almost like an insult. I mean, driving was so... simple, how could someone NOT know how to drive? But she didn't voice that opinion, she merely did as told: got in a jeep and started it up.

Author Kai

Kai had followed the instructor and been eying the jeeps, partially ignoring the instructor. "Assclown, right..' He mumbled "I wonder How high i can jump one of these" He said to himself. Hearing the order to get in and start up the jeeps, Kai did so, waiting for further instructions.

Author Wes

"Play with the things for a bit to get the feel of them," the recruits were directed. The area around them had a lot of open terrain with various hills, sand, mud, rubble, and even a river.

Author Kai

Those nearby hills interested kai greatly, and it wasn't long before he got his jeep airborne, and not long after that he figured out ho to jump the thing in reverse. after about 5 minutes he figured it would be smart to try out other terrain types, and find out the best ways to get airborne off of those, too. driving around some more, Kai figured out a sort of course that waould take him through all the terrain types and get him airborne as much as possible. "If they don't give me aircraft, i'll make my own" Kai thought, smirking.

Author Krisslanza

Jeep practice huh... Boy, I really hope I won't be stuck using one of these...

The idea of being a jeep driver for the rest of her life was far from exciting. Still, Yuril would just go with the flow, not like if she was stubborn and refused it'd help her get anywhere else sooner. Unlike Kai, whom seemed to be making the best of the moment, the silver-haired neko took it much more casually... Treating it more like a normal drive, well a normal drive in a military vehicle that said it could take all terrain... Which Yuril was all too happy to see if it really could...

Author Wes

After an hour or so of getting everyone familiar with the jeeps, it was time for piloting Mindy 2 power armors. The instructor had everyone drive fenced-in down the road to a fenced-in lot that was full of unarmed orange-painted Daisy Power Armors.

"Piloting the armor is just like wearing thick clothing. You will be able to move as if it wasn't there. Press along this seam to open the armor and then get undressed. Gripping here, slowly back into the armor feet-first and let it pull you in and fit to you. Then, put on the helmet..."

Author Krisslanza

The jeep ride had been largely boring and uninteresting. But when they were told to drive to a designated spot... Yuril wondered what was over there. She certainly was not disappointed when she saw the orange power armors, the silver-haired neko nearly broke out in a cheer. Nearly.

Although her spirits dampened slightly and recalling there was only one way to pilot a Daisy: in the nude.

Not again... This life is really going to help me overcome my fear of nudity I suppose...

Still the neko would do as she had to, although she didn't even start undressing until she was in front of the Daisy she was going to use. Then she hastily did it, mostly just so she'd not be standing naked for too long. The silver-eyed neko did as the instructor said; press along the seam, step in backwards feet first, get fitted (which felt very, very, very odd and very, very wrong), and then put the helmet on.

Easy.

Author Wes

As a signal of readiness, the now snug armor rubbed Yuril's body in all the right ways. It was warm and moist and tight inside. No wonder pilots joked about it! The instructor momentarily disappeared into a nearby garage and suited up, returning with a standard-issue armor (blue-gray paint job) and rifle.

"Move it, slowpokes!" he yelled at those not suited up yet.

Author Krisslanza

It felt so very fulfilling to finally pilot a Daisy, something just about any Neko probably dreamed about doing... Although it also made Yuril feel very, very uncomfortable in the depths of her mind. Mainly how the armor seemed to just love to... 'push her buttons', so to speak. It was a very discomforting thought in that part of her mind to figure out these armors were both weapons of war, and apparantly very good at pleasing one's 'spots'.

Ah... Focus, focus, focus! Just stop thinking about the armor doing... That... Just stay focused!

The silver-haired neko just hoped whatever the instructor had in mind would be enough to keep her mind off the fact the armor just loved pushing her buttons.

Author Kai

Kai also got into his armor rather quickly, just ignoring everyone else. He was now itching to see what these things were capable of, and assumed he would find out soon enough.

Author Yagen

"All right recruits, we're going to play a little game called King of the Hill. The objective is to get to the top of that hill," the instructor said, motioning to a nearby hill which was surrounded by trees. "On top is a bell which you will have to ring. You will have to cross the woodlands to get there. The other instructors have set up ambushes and traps along the way. You will have to use your wits, teamwork, and your AIES to win."

"You will separate yourselves into teams of 5. You will not be using live rounds, instead you will use rubber bullets. Your AIES has been programmed so that if you take a hit, it will estimate the damage and disable your armor's limbs as it sees fit. Take too many hits, and you die."

"Teamwork is key, I cannot emphasize this enough. Alone you will die, together you will live. If you think you can be bad-ass and take on everyone else, you should not even be here. I will be monitoring all communications and watching your actions. If anyone tries to be a hero or deserts their team, they will have no place here and will be sent back to being a civilian."

"If anyone has questions ask me after. Now, pick your teams and a leader. You have half an hour to plan your course of action and to get a feel for your armors. Use your time wisely. Dismissed."

Author Kai

Kai got used to the daisy easily enough, it was no fighter, but it moved like him and seemed to be in good working order. After a few minutes, he started looking for prospective teammates. One that he had in mind was the Neko Yuril.
Finding her, he asked "Hey, you wanna work with me on this?" Waiting for her answer Kai looked around for some recruits that were NOT the Yamataians that got beaten up the previous day.

Author Krisslanza

Using the Daisy felt almost like second nature... Well, in a way it was essentially a second layer of skin. Still, she really only had the basic know how all down... The silver-haired neko was no created ace pilot of course.

So a King of the Hill eh... The goal is simple enough, ring a bell. But the obstacles require something more complex then just making a beeline for the bell... That'd be suicidial. The instructors have experience on their side, we're just a bunch of raw recruits...

This is basically going to require some very good team work as the instructor said...

And a key ingredient of teamwork was trust, something she didn't have much to spare, given the fact she barely knew any of her fellow recruits... Which mean this test could prove quite difficult...

Yuril was snapped out of her thoughts by the familiar voice of Kai.

"May as well, you're one of the few I know around here... Now we just need to grab some other trustworthy looking people... And formulate a good plan.

Since I don't know about you, but I certainly don't want to end up 'dead'."

The neko grinned despite the fact no one would be able to see it.

Author Kai

"Well, i've won king of the hill quite a few times before, but not in daisies, they aren't exactly stealthy."Kai mused, wondering how to do this. "if i were gonna ambush someone, the trees would be an obvious place to hide, attack from above has been done too many times, but that just makes it more dangerous if we write it off.." He went through all the possible hiding places in his head. "basically, we have no idea what the terrain is or how to use it... I think we should send someone stealthy up without a daisy on as a scout first. Once we get that done i'll figure out another plan. You just find us a few more recruits to round off our team" Kai told Yuril, rambling on a bit.

Author Krisslanza

"Well... On one hand, doing the expected MIGHT be unexpected.

But then on the other, it is predictable and we just might end up being horribly shot up..."

The silver-haired neko sighed loudly, she wasn't a very good strategist. She was the kind who preferred to follow the lead really. Kai apparantly was rather Daisy unknowledgeable... So it would be beneficial to find someone knowledgeable in Daisy use, or at least in planning.

"Well... If all else fails... We could just not aim to be first, but don't aim to be last. But then again... That would give the instructors time to prepare for the ones who lag behind... damn it..."

Really need a good solid plan... Or at least a half-decent one.

"Anyone you want to pick? I'll probably see if I can find some Nekovalkryja that are unpicked..."

Author Kai

Messing around with the daisy a bit more, Kai discovered it's active camouflage feature. "I guess this makes things a bit simpler now." He thought out loud. Finding the drones on his shoulder, he sent them to do a little recon of the area immediately ahead. "All righty, now we can find the rest of our group." Kai said to Yuril.

Author Yagen

It was about then that Kai and Yuril's AIES mentioned that there was a Daisy off to the side that was still looking for a team. Upon observation, the AIES identified the soldier as Yoriko Mizuno.

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko watched everyone form groups up from the inside of her Daisy. Well, this is going to be interesting she thought as she started querying the AIES for any open teams.

When the AIES showed that there was an available team Yoroko headed over in that direction. "You guys need another team member?" She asked as she approached.

Author Kai

"Sure, we need another team member anyway, i just hope you aren't going to be like the recruits who got carted off yesterday" Kai said, half jokingly. "So, what assets do you bring to our team?" He inquired of yoroko.

Author Mizunoyoroko

"Well, lets see....I add another member to your team which means 2 more drones, another gun, another set of eyes, someone to watch your back or your side. Other than that....I have as much skill in these as you do." Inwardly Yoroko thought to herself
Well well well, this is going to be fun indeed

Author Krisslanza

Well, those are good things to have... More eyes, more drones... Always good. Although it is one more person to monitor but... I believe the extra eyes is more then worth it.

Still there was the whole 'quality over quanity' rule... But considering everyone here was on roughly the same level it was rather useless.

"Well then, guess you're on the team...?", the neko paused as she didn't know the newcomer's name, "I'm Tsukade Yuril by the way."

Author Mizunoyoroko

"Mizuno Yoroko nice to meet you" Yoroko responded. "So, ambushes huh" Yoroko mused to herself before continuing "Why don't we just fly over the top and ring the bell?" she asked

Author Kai

"because the instructors will start skeet shooting." was Kai's quick answer. " I am Nakamura Kai, by the way." he said, introducing himself.

Author Yagen

A pair of power armors walked up to the trio. One of them walked briskly ahead of the other, while the other hung back rather shyly. They seemed to be friends.

The lead one came up to the trio and spoke confidently. "Hey, we still need a group, and it seems you need exactly two people. Would you mind if my friend and I tagged along?" He gave a slight bow out of respect. "I am Yasuo Yamaguchi, just call me Yasuo." Yasuo looked back and waved his hand at the other armor.

"Oh, sorry!" the other pilot said. He too gave a slight bow. "My name is Kiyoshi Kimura. Nice to meet you."

Author Krisslanza

The silver-haired neko bowed to the newcomers.

"I have no problems with you assisting us. I believe we could all use any help we could get no?"

Yuril wondered if those two neko whom seemed to enjoy the bed so much were around here... Not that she had any particular reason to see them. She didn't want to sound like a peeping tom really...

"Ah yes, I am Tsukade Yuril. Pleasure to meet you."

Author Mizunoyoroko

"Mizuno Yoroko" Yoroko bowed as she introduced herself. "So....any ideas as to how we can successfully pull this off?"

Author Kai

"I am Nakamura Kai" the yamataian introduced himself, bowing to the newcomers. "First off, for any plan any of us makes, we have to work as a team or it will all be for nothing" he answered yoroko. "i think we should sneak around from the opposite side of the hill, but before we can figure out how to do that, we need some more info." Kai tapped into the AIES and brought up a map of the area, which he began to study intently.

Author Yagen

"You have five minutes left!", shouted the instructor. "Remember to select a team leader. That person will be in charge of issuing orders and making sure your team makes it out alive."

"I have an idea," said Yasuo. "Why not have two people in the head of the formation and three people spread out behind them. If the front two soldiers notice anything, they will motion to the others to come around on either side in order to counter-ambush the instructors."

"The instructors may get a little cocky if they see only two soldiers, but imagine their surprise when they are surrounded by five!"

Author Kai

That sounds like a good squad formation to use," Kai said to Yasuo "I think we should get on this choosing a leader thing. I have a bit of prior leadership experience, so i'm gonna run for the position. First however, do we have any volunteers?" He inquired of the others

Author Krisslanza

"It's a solid plan I suppose, but do keep in mind the goal is to reach the bell and ring it... Not try and take out everyone who gets in the way. This is basically a simple go from Point A to Point B... Only full of snags along the way."

A 'snag' being all the unknowns, such as just what the instructors would be doing.

"I have no issues with who is leader, as long as I'm not it. I'm a follower not a leader I guess you could say."

Author Yagen

Kiyoshi nodded in agreement with Yuril. "We do not need to draw attention to ourselves in order to succeed," Kiyoshi said. "I do like the formation idea however. Having two people in front, and three people in back and to the sides. We shouldn't be too far away from each other, it's not like were going to use them as bait."

"From what my drones have seen is that there is about one mile of forest all around the mountain. It's pretty dense, so we can't blast through and expect to live. The forest continues up about halfway and gradually becomes sparse near the top. There are some building at the top, but I couldn't determine what they were. They could be warehouses or anti-armor gunnery."

Kiyoshi shrugged his shoulders. "Who knows what's in the minds of these instructors, you can never be too sure!"

Yasuo gave a quick sigh. "There's no way I could pull off being a leader, and I can vouch for Kiyoshi that he wouldn't want to either." He turned back towards Kiyoshi, who returned a quick nod confirming this.

"What about it Yoroko, up to the task of running against Kai here?"

Author Mizunoyoroko

"I haven't really ever done anything like this before.....I think Kai would be a better choice since he has some expierience. I don't mind trying I guess though" Yokoro said as she scanned the treeline.

Author Kai

"All right then, we have a vote for either me or yoroko it seems, so everbody, what's your vote?" Kai said, waiting for the others to make their decisions, and formulating a plan in his head.

Author Yagen

The instructors still at the armor loading zone came around and passed out Ke-M4-W2901 Mk.I Light Armor Service Rifles. They were loaded with dummy rounds, so no one would kill each other.

"These will be your main weapons," the instructor said. "Treat them with respect. If you return any of these weapons maltreated and broken, you will buy them. They are 25,000 KS, more then you will make in a long time."

"In a few minutes, you will start your mission. Many of you will "die" on this mission, many of you will live. This is the only mission your enemies will ever show you mercy so don't get used to it. Don't think that these rounds will not hurt." The instructor turned to the armors and shot a round at one of the recruits. It hit him square in the chest and the armor stumbled back a few feet. "Hurts like a bitch, doesn't it?" the instructor asked. The armor fell back and sat on the ground for a moment. "Yes sir...," the pilot said, while trying to catch his breath.

The instructor continued talking. "There will be a Harpy at the top of the hill. You will report to him after you ring the bell. That is all, prepare to move out in 2 minutes."

"I'd have to give my vote to Kai," Yasuo said. "If he has any experience as a leader, then he's our best shot. We'd also need someone confident as a leader."

Kiyoshi nodded in agreement. "Someone who is not confident with them self will not be able to succeed. I also vote for Kai."

Author Mizunoyoroko

The words stung as she heard them Well they are right she thought as she prepped her firearm. "I can take one of the front two positions" Yoroko offered, "As for leader...Kai, you have expierience so I would rather you lead anyway. You've got my vote, which makes it unanimous" Good, now all we need to do is make it to the bell Yoroko thought as she smiled to herself.

Author Yagen

"Your time is up!" the instructor barked. "Whatever team is up there last is running laps all day tomorrow!" Despite how he seemed, the instructor was rather pleased with the recruits. They had come a long way in the past few days.

"Go, go, go! Move out!" the instructor shouted, while firing his gun in the air. The teams ran forward through the open area before the forest. Some ran casually, others raced each other. It wasn't long before they reached the beginning of the forest.

The forest was as dense as expected. The teams could progress at a decent pace, but only on foot. They would fly into a tree and injure themselves if they tried. Yoroko and Kai took point, while Yuril, Kiyoshi, and Yasuo followed behind.

Kiyoshi heard the sound of a Daisy's thrusters turning on. Suddenly, a loud *thud* was heard to the team's left, followed by laughter over the com channels. Kiyoshi slapped his forehead. "Idiot."

It had been about five minutes. It was quiet near them, but in the distance, they could hear the firing of rifles. Suddenly, everyones AIES warned them about two approaching Daisys. Luckily, it seemed they only noticed Yoroko and Kai. The others were hidden because they were far enough back and covered by the trees.

"It seems only you and Yoroko have been spotted," Yasuo said to Kai. "We could try sneaking around and surrounding them. Orders?"

Author Kai

"Wait till I have them in visual range, i'll call you. Make sure to only flank them, they could have reinforcements behind them as we do" Kai crouched, hiding behind a tree as he said this, motioning Yoroko to do the same. As soon as he saw the daisies he sent a telepathic message to the three behind him "Go, now!"

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko crouched behind a tree and trained her rifle in the direction of the Daisy units. Ready she sent telepathicaly to Kai. When the daisy units came into visual range she trained her rifle on the 'lead' unit. If they were trainees then this would be an easy situation.

Author Kai

"Make sure your active camouflage is turned on" Kai telepathically reminded his squad.

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko engaged her active camouflage and silently scolded herself.

Author Krisslanza

One's natural instinct when thrown into 'combat' is the old 'flight or fight' response, in this case flight wasn't really an option. Not only is a fleeing target generally easy to hit, depending on how one flees, but that would mean she abandoned her team and that'd be awfully embarrassing to be outdone by Yamataians...

So obviously Yuril was going to fight, the neko didn't respond to Kai's orders but her silence (she hoped) would be enough for him to know she was doing as told. Almost as an afterthought she flipped on the active camo, mere seconds before their leader reminded them, as she took cover behind some trees to the right of where Yoroko had her rifle trained.

The idea was simple, if the enemy foolishly charged forward to assault Kai and Yoroko they'd end up with quite a few rifle rounds buried in their sides. It was simple tactic, firing from the front and a side, simple yes, but it could be highly effective... If things played out right.

Stay calm and fire for the center of the mass... Child's play.

Author Yagen

Yasuo and Kiyoshi both nodded and turned on their active camouflage. They both ducked behind the nearest tree they could find.

The two Daisys continued their approach. One leveled his rifle at Yoroko, but then she disappeared from sight. Upon a closer look, the enemy could see some branches giving way from the armor. The Daisy fired at Yoroko, but she moved out of the way just in time.

The other Daisy fired at Kai, who was still visible. A bullet nicked his arm, but not enough to cause noticeable damage.

The first Daisy looked up and noticed some leaves moving in the distance.
Yasuo was caught shifting his feet. "There's a cloaked unit in the back. There should be two more units either to the side or with him. Watch out."

Author Kai

At the nick to his armor Kai shouted "Open fire!" while firing a few bursts at the two Daisys.

Author Misunoyoroko

Yoroko saw the rile being pointed at her and swung behind the tree just in time to avoid getting hit. She then sent the drones out the side of the tree attempting to have them mimic the movement of feet while flying in the brush of the forest. On in front of the the other for a few feet then switch the leader. I hope they think its me moving away Yoroko though to herself as she swung around the opposite side of the tree and leveled her rifle at the Daisy units. Here goes were the last thoughts she had before pulling the trigger.

Author Krisslanza

While Yoroko and Kai were in plain sight, and even with active camo finding them wasn't extremely hard particularly in a forest where one could pay close attention to the scenery to find someone.

But in Yuril's case, she was out of the direct line of sight and thus, at the moment, perfectly safe. Of course, after she started firing that would change in a heartbeat... And then the element of surprise would be gone.

Rather then fire from a stationary position, which would allow the attackers to eventually lock onto her position, she decided rather to squeeze off as many rounds as she safely could... Then quickly slip off to another location as quickly and quietly as could be... So she could open fire from their flanks.

A boringly simple tactic, but with support from others, could prove highly effective... If it worked out right. As she executed her plan she sent out a quick telepathic message to her teammates.

Keep them distracted. I'll try and hit them from their flanks whenever I can...

Then the silver-haired neko put her plan into action.

Author Yagen

"Nice one Yasuo," Kiyoshi said sarcastically after Yasuo revealed their location. He started to sneak around to the side of the enemy and was going to try flanking them from the opposite side that Yuril was attacking from. If we're careful, this could be an easy battle... he thought. Once he was a little ways away from where he was, he raised his rifle and fired off a few bullets at the lead Daisy.

"Aw, shut up Kiyoshi! They would have seen you if they missed me," Yasuo said in defense. He preferred to stay behind the tree he was at and attack from there. He turned and fired a three-round burst at the closest Daisy.

The first Daisy took aim at Kai and squeezed off a small burst. Two of the bullets hit him right above his left elbow, which caused Kai's left arm to take damage and drop to half efficiency.

Kai's bullets missed their mark, but a few bullets fired from Kai's left struck the first Daisy's gunning arm. After looking back, Kai noticed that Kiyoshi was giving him a thumbs-up sign.

While the leading Daisy was distracted by Kiyoshi's shot, Yasuo jumped out and fired a three-round burst at the leader, but all three bullets missed their target. The second Daisy took this opportunity and shot at Yasuo. Three bullets hit his right arm, completely disabling his main shooting arm from the theoretically immense damage. One hit his shoulder, but at an angle that made it just bounce right off.

"They are attempting to disable our main gunning arms so we cannot return fire!" Yasuo shouted to the rest of his team. "Be careful not to expose yourself for very long!"

Yoroko's drone strategy seemed to be working on the two Daisys. Either that or they were just distracted by the attacks of her teammates. However, right before she could squeeze off a few bullets, a new armor made an appearance right behind her! Before she could react, the armor sent her flying forward with a side kick to the chest.

Yuril fired a few rounds at the enemies and hit the second Daisy in the chest, which slowed the armor down considerably. Yuril ran to another tree but her sensors noticed that an enemy armor was coming up behind her! Yuril whirled around just in time to avoid a punch that the armor threw at her.

Author Kai

Kai turned on his active camo at this point to possibly confuse his attackers. Watching Yoroko go flying, he turned towards the new armor and fired a burst at it's chest from point blank, hopefully taking it out "We are being attacked from behind!" he called over the comms, probably too late.

Author Krisslanza

There was a sense of great pride at having one's rounds hit dead center, always good to know you could hit a target eh? But the joy and pride quickly faded as she executed stage two of her plan, moving too a new tree.

What th-!?

Yuril narrowly avoided the blow, at this close range firing would be nice but... Might take too long. Instinct instead made her decided to try and take out her opponent quickly and decisively in hand-to-hand... And squeeze off some rounds at the next chance.

After avoiding the blow, she quickly launched her own using her free hand and legs of course. Her goal was mainly to get some distance so she could fire off a few rounds at this close range, and hopefully, finish it off quickly before the enemy could regroup.

"They're coming from behind damn it! It's an ambush!" yelled the neko telepathically to her team

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko rolled with the landing so that she wouldn't have to0 hard of a time recovering. Instead of standing straight up she went into a kneeling position and fired at the original two Daisy units. So much for a nice walk in the woods she thought to herself.

Author Yagen

While most of his teammates were occupied with the new armors, Kiyoshi focused his attacks on the first two Daisys, codenamed Aries 1 and 2. After his previous shot, he dodged to a new tree and fired a short burst at the closet Daisy.

With his main gunning arm disabled, Yasuo had little choice but to attempt firing with his left hand. As he saw a new unit pop out of nowhere attacking Yuril, he quickly turned and awkwardly fired his rifle at Aries 4. His AIES helped him to aim, but it still was awkward firing with his opposite hand.

Right before Aries 3, the Daisy attacking Yoroko, was able to deliver another kick, Kai's bullets hit the armor square in the chest. The armor stumbled backwards in surprise and attempted to shake it off. Aries 3 withstood major damage in the chest and could barely move. Aries 3 mostly taken out, Kai's AIES pitched in. A few more bullets and it's gone.

Yoroko's bullets, combined with Kiyoshi's rounds, hit the Aries 2 in the upper chest and head. Combined with the damage Aries 2 suffered from Yuril's previous shot, the armor tipped and fell backwards. Aries 2 defeated, the AIES reported over the team radio.

While Yuril was trying to back away, Aries 4 continued advancing towards her as fast as she could retreat. At this distance, Aries 4 was too close for rifle range and hand to hand combat was looking to be the only option. A few rifle bullets from Yasuo's gun flew in front of Aries 4, but did nothing to distract the armor. The Daisy was moving too much to get a solid shot on.

damn it! Yasuo thought as his bullets missed their mark. Before he could fire off some more rifle rounds, bullets from Aries 1 hit him in the head and chest. He hit the tree behind him and fell backwards. The words 'YOU HAVE DIED' flashed on his heads-up display. His AIES automatically alerted his teammates of his grim demise.

Author Kai

Kai squeezed off a few more rounds at the disabled armor before yasuo's demise, once satisfied it was finished off He searched for the nearest aries and began to attack it.

Author Mizunoyoroko

After eliminating Aries 2 Yoroko saw Aries 1 take Yasuo out of the fight. Yoroko shifted her target to Aries 1 and opened fire. He who lives by the sword.... she didn't complete the thought.

Author Krisslanza

Hand to hand was Yuril's most viable and easiest option at the moment, anything else would require more distance or time... Neither she really had much to get.

Not that going in melee was really much of an issue, the silver-haired neko knew how to fight with weapons and with bare hands... Plus she was a Nekovalkryja.

As Aries 4 advanced the neko stopped in her tracks and quickly bent down and lunged forward with one hand outward to try and deliver a punch right into Aries 4's chest and with luck then move up and finish with an uppercut to the armor.

Author Yagen

"damn it!" Kiyoshi exclaimed after seeing his friend "killed" right before his eyes. He thought of avenging his friend, but then he saw one of his teammates fighting alone against Aries 4. We cannot win divide. Only as a team can we win, he thought. Without giving it a whole lot of thought, he ran up to Aries 4 and launched into a flying sidekick aimed for the armor's side.

Aries 4 wasn't expecting Yuril's fleeing armor to lunge right at him, which caused him to take the full force of the punch. The uppercut, however, did not connect and the miss left Yuril wide open. The armor took the opportunity and gave a fierce punch to the armor's chest. Yuril slid a few feet backwards from the force of the punch but did not fall.

Before Aries 4 could continue the assault, a blur flashed in front of the slightly dazed Yuril and she saw the enemy armor fall over from the force of a kick delivered by her ally. The armor was not out however. The armor got up slowly and moved into a fighting stance.

A glow came from behind Aries 1 as the pilot engaged the Daisy's engines. Before Kai could raise his gun, the armor flew at Kai with an engine-propelled kick that sent him flying back ten or so feet right into a tree. The force was almost enough to knock Kai unconscious, but not quite. There was no way he could immediately fight after that. Another hit and he was a goner.

Aries 1 was about to finish off Kai when it changed its objective to Yoroko. Only an amateur would savor a small victory in the middle of a battle, the enemy pilot thought. One or two bullets had hit the armor during his attack, but due to the speed of the attack, none of the bullets were well placed. The armor appeared to just be standing there, waiting.

Your move, the enemy said telepathically to Yoroko.

Author Kai

"OOF" grunted Kai as he hit the tree. He watched, slightly dazed as Aries 1 changed it's target, ignoring him, thinking him just another recruit. True he couldn't move much and was a bit dazed. But he'd been through this kind of thing before with his friends. This wasn't all too different. He knew what to do.

Taking advantage of his attacker's stupidity he took his time and carefully aimed straight at Aries 1's head."He's grown soft only fighting recruits" Thought Kai, his head clearing even more, his will breaking through his momentary physical inability. Kai squeed the trigger and watched the bullets sail right at their target.

Author Mizunoyoroko

Let's dance Yoroko sent telepathically to the other armor as she rose from a kneeling position. Yoroko advanced slowly toward her enemy so that she could attempt to dodge if it attempted the same maneuver used against Kai again. As she advanced she fired her rifle at Aries 1.

Author Krisslanza

Yuril felt the impact, but it hardly staggered her in the least bit. Being able to alter one's center of gravity and such made the neko nearly impossible to actually knock over.

Which just meant she could counterattack in a heartbeat if she didn't have to regain her balance. As Aries 4 began to get back on it's feet the silver-haired neko lunged forward to attempt to pin it on the ground while it was still unbalanced and if she succeed in it...

She'd do the most simple thing possible. Bash in the armor's face until her computer told her it was 'dead'. Risky? Perhaps. Efficient? Sure.

Author Yagen

Aries 4 did not have enough time to react to his opponent's lunge and fell back down in a heap. He may of been pinned down, but the instructor did have a little more experience. Aries 4 tucked his legs under Yuril and pushed her off. There was significantly less energy in this move then his previous attacks, however. He was almost defeated.

Kiyoshi saw his opening and fired at the weakened Daisy. Between the fight with Yuril and Kiyoshi's last minute bullets, the armor did not rise again and was considered dead.

Hearing the raising of a gun, Aries 1 turned and pointed his gun at Kai. "How much does it take to kill you?" the enemy said to himself. The two were in a deadlock. Both armors were weakened so whoever was hit would die. Kai had one distinct advantage, however. He had an ally. The enemy Daisy could not block both units at once.

Yoroko's bullets hit the enemy's arm just in time and caused his aim to jerk away from Kai. Aries 1's bullets flew off harmlessly into the trees. Taking the opportunity, Kai shot the enemy in the head and it fell over, probably unconscious from the bullets to the head.

Now that the battle was over, the damage armors trudged up the rest of the hill to the summit. It wasn't very far up, and there weren't enough instructors to start another attack. Two other groups had beaten them to the top, but they had lost at least two teammates. So far, they were the most successful team. Their mission was almost finished and all that was left was to ring the bell and talk to the instructor in the Harpy.

Author Kai

As the leader of the group, Kai walked up to the bell, grabbed the rope hanging underneath and gave it a good ring. "All right guys, we did it, and by the looks of the two groups who managed to beat us here, we did better in the fighting." he smirked inside his helmet, very glad with himself and the team.

Author Krisslanza

When Yuril was about to land with a thud on the forest floor, she stopped her fall and quickly scrambled up to her feet... To find Aries 4 was defeated along with Aries 1.

Well... That was a bit easier then expected.

And the silver-haired neko hadn't sustained any real damage at all, all in all, she was in a pretty happy mood. Especially since only two teams had gotten to the goal before then, with people missing, while they hadn't lost a single member. Well. Besides that new guy, Yuril didn't remember his name... So they had suffered one casualty... Not perfect, but not horrible either.

Not bad, not bad at all... Still this is a training exercise so I guess I shouldn't get too excited now should I...

"Well, we didn't to bad now did we?"

Author Mizunoyoroko

After Aries 1 had been defeated Yoroko moved to Yasuo's daisy and threw it over her back, carrying his 'corpse' to the top of the hill with the rest of the team.

Author Yagen

I feel like an idiot... Yasuo thought to himself as he was being carried up the hill like a gym bag. He sighed, realizing that Kiyoshi was never going to let him live this down.

"We still need to go talk to the instructor in the Harpy," Kiyoshi mentioned, pointing to the lone armor. "He probably is just keeping track of the groups," he added as an afterthought.

The Harpy's pilot had his helmet removed and was talking on a communicator. They were able to pick up a bit of what he was saying. "...three groups are already here. Send some extra units at the slowpokes... Stun grenades? Yeah, go for it." The man had black hair cut short in a typical male haircut and looked rather buff, from what you could see in his armor. The man being in a Harpy, the least buff seeming of the armors, seemed to baffle Kiyoshi.

"That was a good show you put on back there. The best I've seen all day," the instructor said. "A little more training, and I may consider you good enough to cover my ass in battle!" He gave a hearty laugh and continued. "Go ahead and move back to the armor loading zones and disembark your armors." The Harpy pilot moved over to a computer set up on a nearby table and typed in a few commands. Suddenly, all the simulated injuries "healed" and Yasuo was "alive" again.

"Finally, I can move again!" Yasuo exclaimed while throwing up his arms. The sudden motion however, caused Yasuo to be dropped and fall face-first onto the ground. "Ow...," he said.

"Feel free to give the other recruits a hard time on the way down if you want. As long as you don't jeopardize their mission, that is." Just then another group came up, this time there was only two survivors. The pilot slapped his head. "A simple training exercise and over half of their team died..." On the way back down, the armors could slightly hear what sounded like the instructor yelling at the new group.

Author Kai

"Sweet!" said Kai, in reaction to the instructor's comment on his team. Recomposing himself, he told them, "All right, you heard the instructor, let's get back down there. You all did a great job, I think this calls for a bit of celebration" He headed down the hill, motioning for the others to follow. "And so my path to greatness has begun!" he thought to himself.

Author Krisslanza

Well did he expect any less from a Nekovalkryja? Hehehehe...

Stroking one's own ego from time to time was always good.

"Yes sir, happy to meet expectations sir."

No tormenting the slowpokes eh? Oh well. Playfully jeering can't hurt right?

The silver-haired neko wasn't really looking forward to getting out of the armor though... There was less groups done, which meant more opprotunites for people to see her in all her glory... The neko let out a pained sigh as she began to head back.

I guess keeping one's modesty in the army is totally out of the question...

"A celebration eh? Well, that could be fun. What did you have in mind anyway?"

Author Mizunoyoroko

"That was fun" Yoroko said over the comm channel. "A celebration huh..." Yoroko let the sentence hang as she walked with the rest of the team.

Author Yagen

As soon as the recruits reached the bottom of the hill, they disembarked their armors and changed back into their uniforms. The recruits were then given orders to report back to the fort. The jeeps from the previous exercise were still there, so they drove over the steep hills and winding streams all the way back to base camp.

One by one, the other recruits wandered back into base camp. One group didn't get back until at least four hours after everyone else. After everyone else made it back, the recruits ate, hit the showers and then retreated back to the barracks for the night.

Author Kai

Back in the barracks, Kai pulled out his Portfolio and opened to a blank page. He wrote at the top of the page "celebration ideas." Then he wrote down the options:
" A lake, for swimming and boating
An energy pistol range
An off-road driving course
And The spaceport"

"Well guys," He said aloud to the group, "What are your ideas for a fun day?"

Author Krisslanza

The silver-haired Neko tried her best to be one of the first to get out of the suit, and thus one of the first to get her uniform back on. She really did hate having to be naked to get into those things, but then on the other hand, it was rather... fun, in more ways then one, to actually use one...

After the trip back, which was largely uneventful for the neko as she was rather zoning out, reflecting back upon her successful training exercise. Back at the barracks she was going to just go to sleep, and probably end up watching the neko in the bunk adjacent to her, but surprisingly Kai was still awake.

"I've never had time for 'fun days', so I'm not really sure what is 'fun' to do." replied Yuril lazily, looking up at the ceiling as she waved her hand in the air

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko had no problems about being seen nude, Yoroko didn't spend any more time getting out of her armor and into clothes as was necessary, but it didn't bother Yoroko that others saw her naked. When they returned back to the barracks Yoroko moved over and sat near Kai and Yuril.

As she watched Kai list options they had for a celebration Yoroko thought of the exercise that they had just completed. There were some moments that Yoroko wished she had been a little faster, more accurate, or basically better. Oh well, Yoroko thought I guess this is a learning expierience for me. As Kai listed the various activities Yoroko heard Yuril's statement about never having had time for fun.

"Well, we could swim that is always a good way to relax and enjoy ourselves."

Author Yagen

Kiyoshi walked into the barracks and found the rest of his team discussing plans. "Hey, sorry I'm late. Yasuo can't make it. Something along the lines of 'dead men run laps' or some other instructor talk." Just then, the recruit noticed Kai's portfolio.

"Ah, I missed many," Kiyoshi added. "I'd have to give my vote for the lake. I think we've had enough guns and ships and cars for one week."

Author Kai

"All right, the lake sounds like a good idea to me, theres tons of stuff we can do around there." Kai said to his teammates. "I'm gonna turn in early and recover from the fight, That boosted kick gave me quit a jolt." He then walked over to his bunk, scribbled out a couple things in the portfolio, put it in his footlocker and hopped up onto his bunk.

Author Krisslanza

"All right then, sounds alright to me."

The silver-haired neko just continued her staring at the ceiling really, thinking about how tomorrow would turn out... She never really ever had a 'day off' or a 'fun day'... It could be a fun new experience for her so Yuril was rather looking forward to it...

Author Yagen

Kiyoshi yawned. "Yeah, that fight took it out of me. I'm going to retire early too," he said tiredly. As soon as Kiyoshi arrived at his bunk, he fell flat on his bed and fell asleep, still in uniform.

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko yawned, "well, time to hit the sack I guess." After that Yoroko went to her bunk, dressed down and went to sleep.

Author Wes

The next morning, the instructor didn't wake everyone up until around five thirty. "Mandatory fun begins now!" he laughed. "Everyone get your swimsuits - buses to take you to the beach or to the shopping district will start their service in a half-hour. The busses will stop at each dropoff point every hour until 8pm tonight. You are only allowed to travel in groups of three or more. We also have a variety of games and such here in the dayroom."

Author Kai

Kai woke up rather quickly as usual, but was confused by the fact that he had gotten an extra hour of sleep. He put on more casual clothes today, and pocketed his KS card. Then he stood by his bunk, waiting for the rest of his group to wake. "I'm gonna need to go buy swim trunks first, no way i'm swimming in a bikini" Kai thought as he waited.

Author Krisslanza

The silver-haired neko was very surprised this night. For one, she wasn't disturbed by having a free show in the bunk next to her, and second, she actually got to 'sleep in' so to say.

Not being woken up by yelling or a grenade going off was a nice change, but it slightly weirded the neko out... This would be the first time she had a 'fun day'.

What is it people call these kind of days...? Weekends...? Something like that... I wonder how they are...

Of course, while the other recruits got dressed in casual wear Yuril... Wore her normal uniform. It was really the only thing she had.

"Well, this should be interesting... I've never had a day off before... And what is this shopping? I never had freetime so... Haha..."

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko dressed in her uniform as well, and placed her swimming suit in her backpack. After Yoroko was dressed she slipped her KS card into her pocket, threw her backpack onto her shoulder and walked up to Kai, "So, what do you want to do first?" Yoroko asked with an inquisitive look.

Author Kai

"Well, I wanna go and buy some swim trunks first, and see if I can order a new Trenchcoat somewhere. Then, I think we need to teach Yuril how to shop. After that is done, then we're off to the lake." Kai said to Yoroko, nodding at his own thoughtfulness.

Author Krisslanza

The silver-haired neko merely stood there, hands clasped behind her back as she listened to her two comrades chat about what to do, and what Kai had in mind.

"I have no objection. I'm rather curious to see what this... 'shopping' is exactly. It wouldn't happen to involve..."

Yuril walked over to her footlocker, neatly organized, and quickly retrieved her KS card from it within a matter of seconds. She then closed and secured it then returned to her comrades.

"Involve this would it?" question the neko waving the card in front of her face

Author Mizunoyoroko

"I haven't ever gone shopping for myself, so this will indeed be fun." Yoroko said. "Let's get going!" Yoroko added with a triumphant tone in her voice.

Author Kai

"Well, I guess I'll have to teach both of you." Kai said, "Never thought i'd teach two girls how to shop" He thought. "Let's get going, it won't be as fun when the place is crowded." He Said, walking out of the barracks toward the busses with a mischievous grin on his face.

Author Misunoyoroko

Yoroko fell in line behind Kai, Well, this time I guess I won't have to remember the carrots, parsley, turn suddenly a thought occured to Yoroko "Ne, Kai you don't think they will have any Ramune and rice candy at the store do you?"

Author Kai

"well," Kai said, "It IS a Shopping district, theres bound to be lots of stores, and at least one of them should have Ramune and rice candy"

Author Krisslanza

The silver-haired neko's ears perked up slightly at the mention of 'candy'.

"They sell CANDY!? You have to show me where to buy this candy!"

Yuril was a tad obsessive about candy. Just a tad.

"Oh and uhm, other places of course too.", added the neko quickly regaining her more serious nature, "Perhaps I should get some civilian attire perhaps..."

Author Kai

"I think you're gonna make a great shopper, Yuril" Kai said, laughing slightly. He hopped up on the bus and took the first seat. "Well, Get on!" He urged the others.

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko got onto the bus after Yuril Maybe I should get some civilian attire too... she thought as she loaded the bus.

Author Wes

The bus drove everyone to a small town about twenty minutes away, depositing them in front of of a small bus stop with wooden benches and a curved transparent roof above it. The town had cobblestone sidewalks and flat concrete streets with elaborate sculptured drainholes in them. On either side was a long line of shops, selling most of the standard fare: there were gun shops, clothing stores, "pleasure" stores, lingerie stores, a travel agency, a bank, and of course a large candy store and ice cream shop. There was also a casino down the road.

Author Kai

Kai Disembarked from the bus and headed to the nearest clothing store. "C'mon girls, I gotta teach you how to shop!" He shouted back at them.

Author Krisslanza

The trip itself was rather dull, but arriving into the town itself was rather lifting to one's spirit. Yuril had never really seen a town before, and the lines of shops made her mind bubble with curiosity about what each and everyone contained.

The silver-haired neko followed Kai off the bus and continued to do so as he lead her into the nearest store.

"So is this what civilians do everyday? Go to these... Shops?" wondered the neko aloud, "What is this shop for?"

Author Kai

looking at yuril kai said "This isn't what we do EVERY day, just when we need or want something. Like right now I need a bathing suit and I want a new trenchcoat."
He smiled at Yuril and walked into the clothing store.

Author Krisslanza

"Oh I... See."

Of course, the silver-haired neko wasn't exactly sure what sort of things she was supposed to buy... But she did know enough about clothing that asking Kai for advice would not be very good... Plus it would likely be very awkward as well.

Well... Maybe Yoroko would know...?

So with that the neko made her way over to the only female friend she had at the moment.

"Uhm... Yoroko... Uhh... What exactly am I looking for around here...?"

Author Mizunoyoroko

"uhh, I haven't ever been shopping except to buy food for the dinner, and even then...." Yoroko was also very overwhelmed by the amount of shops available. "Well, I guess you have to know what it is you want first." Yoroko said, "so what do you want?"

Author Krisslanza

"Ah well... I-I'm not really sure what I need! I haven't exactly ever had a 'free day', or even knew what 'shopping' was. This is totally new to me, I have no clue what I'm looking for..."

The neko sighed, this was proving more troublesome then military training... But that was likely due to the fact she had been made for military purposes, and so doing something totally alien to her was obviously going to prove more difficult...

"Well I guess I'd need a swimsuit too if we were going swimming I suppose... I didn't really bring anything extra... Uhm, let's see... Uh..."

With that the silver-haired neko began a somewhat mindless search of the shop for anything that seemed to look like what one would call a 'swimsuit'. Obviously it was like trying to find a needle in a haystack for the confused neko, of course had she known more about civilian life the most logical choice would be obvious: Look for a salesperson, they'd know.

Author Kai

Kai searched for the nearest salesperson. Locating them, he asked " Uh, Hey, could we get some help here?"

Author Wes

"Hello!" answered an Elysian teenager with short, fluffy blond hair and little pink wings. "Can I help you?" She wore a nametag on her little green dress that read 'Fufu.'

Author Kai

"Um, yes, you see, my friends over here have never shopped before and need some professional advice" Kai motioned towards Yuril and Yoroko. "And I would like to know where the men's swimwear is, please." He added, politely.

Author Wes

"Right over there, on the left," the Elysian girl directed Kai. "We have the trunks kind and the standard kind," she said. Next, she went to see what she could do to help the girls.

Author Krisslanza

Yuril trying to buy clothes, was almost like watching a chicken running around when it's head was just chopped off. Only the neko still had her head attached, but was doing the mindless wandering.

As one might expect, it was only a matter of time before someone took pity, or maybe just figured the silver-haired neko was easy pickings, and approached her. Although the name 'Fufu' seemed slightly odd to Yuril but...

"Ah... Uhm, this is a tad embarrasing, but uh... I've never shopped before...", a nervous chuckle, "We are supposed to be going swimming later today and... I guess I need a swimsuit. And a change of clothes. Think you could give me some help here? This is awfully embarrassing as is..." another weak chuckle

Author Wes

"Would you like a one-piece or a two piece?" Fufu asked, reaching under her little dress for the measuring tape on her garter.

Author Krisslanza

"Ah... Uhm..."

The neko paused in thought a moment considering. Now, she didn't really know what either looked like but, common sense would generally lead to make one know a 'two-piece' was likely to be a lot more revealing then a 'one-piece'.

And given Yuril's rather obvious phobia of having to be naked, it was rather obvious her phobia extend a bit into near-naked.

"One-piece I-I guess?"

Author Kai

Kai headed in the opposite direction of the girls towards the men's swimsuit area. he soon found what he was looking for, a pair of olive green board shorts with a white floral pattern on one leg. He also picked up a pair of green sandals and a dark blue beach towel that had a picture of a mindy on it.

Author Wes

Soon, the Elysian clerk was taking Yuril's measurements. After getting Yuril's bust, waist, and hip sizes, she led Yuril by the hand to the one-piece swimsuits. Picking out a thin purple one, she gave it to Yuril. "How about this one?"

Author Kai

Kai walked to the front desk and put his merchandise on the table "I'd like to buy these" he said to the clerk "And do you know where I can buy trenchcoats?" he asked.

Author Krisslanza

While Yuril wasn't very enthusiastic about the measurements, the neko didn't flip out and just stood rigidly still. And blushed a bit. After being led like a lost child to the one-pieces and Fufu selecting a thin purple one, the silver-haired neko gave it a glance.

She really had no idea if it'd be good. But, given this Fufu's job was to sell things...

"Y-yes, that'd be fine. Uhm... Can I try it on?"

Author Wes

"Of course," Fufu nodded. She pointed to a changing area nearby, which was obscured by a curtain, and then went to the counter to help Kai, charging his KS card for the swim trunks, towel, and sandals.

"Hrm, I think the military collectibles store down the street would have the best selection of soldier-type trenchcoats."

Author Mizunoyoroko

While Yuril was changing, Yoroko went and looked at the summer clothes. "This one looks nice, how much is it?" Yoroko asked as she held a white summer dress in front of her.

Author Wes

"Only 20 KS, actually."

Author Kai

"Thanks" Kai said to Fufu, taking the merchandise a retrieving his card. He wandered around the store for a bit, seeing if there was anything else he wanted.

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko thought about it for a second then looked around for a pair of sandals. After a few seconds she saw a pair of brown sandals that went nicely with the dress "Better check to make sure it fits first." Yoroko said as she wandered to the dressing rooms.

Once in the dressing room Yoroko slipped off her uniform and slid into the summer dress. Yoshi she thought as she looked into the mirror. The dress was a little big, but it probably wouldn't be too hard to find a size smaller.

Author Krisslanza

The silver-haired neko quickly scampered off to the dressing room, and made sure the curtain was shut. Then of course, Yuril very quickly went about undressing to try the swimsuit on. Which took a few seconds, given she didn't really know how it was meant too (but putting on clothes is just one of those things one learns instantly).

She paused and looked at herself in the mirror.

Hm. Well it sure doesn't flatter anything... Very modest... Not too tight or anything I suppose. It should do,

Of course, Yuril didn't know generally one-pieces were worn by 'less in shape' or 'less buxom' people. Not that it would've changed her opinion in the slightest. The neko took the suit off and got dressed back into her uniform then came out, once more she seeked out the aid of the salesperson Fufu.

"Uhm... You don't think you could give me some advice for casual wear...? I've never had to shop for something before and uhm... Well I'm only used to my uniform so uh..."

Author Wes

"My advice is to find something that complements the colors of your hair and eyes," Fufu suggested. "Perhaps a fun dress with frilly socks and dressy shoes."

Author Mizunoyoroko

"Something isn't quite right," Yoroko thought as she examined herself in the mirror again "ah, the sandals! Perhaps I should try black." Yoroko slipped off the dress and back into her uniform. She walked out and looked for a pair of black sandals.

Author Kai

Kai soon bumped into Yuril again as she searched for more clothes and said "You better not take too long or else we won't have time to go to the candy store"

Author Krisslanza

What's a... 'fun dress'...?

Obviously it being a figure of speech had eluded Yuril at the moment, but before she could ask what a 'fun dress' was, the neko was interrupted by Kai mentioning if she took too long, she might not be able to go to the candy store!

That certainly got her moving quickly, despite not knowing really where to go. By luck, she did manage to stumble upon the dresses, although not really knowing much about them...

Ah well... Uhm... Let's see... Ah, well okay, okay think. Casual so uhm... Nothing hard to get on... Something simple... No, no that looks too showy... That looks uncomfortable... Maybe... Oh! Ah that should do, yes, yes!

Snatching a dark gray summer dress from the selection she then proceed to successfully navigate her way around the store to be able to select out some socks and shoes to boot. After the customary task of trying on her new outfit, although Yuril really didn't know if she looked good but figured it would work out nicely, got back in her uniform as she went to go purchase her first set of casual wear.

A crowning moment of her life to be sure.

Author Mizunoyoroko

"Oh, that dress looks like it will be a good match for you Yuril-san" Yoroko said as she got into the checkout line. "Where are we off to next?"

Author Kai

"Well, my vote is the millitary collectibles store, I wanna see if i can replace my Trenchcoat that the instructor destroyed" Kai said, "But i'm sure Yuril wants to head to the candy store" He added.

Author Krisslanza

"Y-you think so Yoroko-san...?" squeaked Yuril shyly, "Th-thank you..."

The silver-haired neko blushed lightly at the compliment, then responded to Kai.

"Ah well, if you want too, I can wait to see the candy store if you like Kai-san."

Author Mizunoyoroko

"Yea, lets go to the military store. Then we can get some candy for the beach." Yoroko said as she checked out. "Kai, what do you usually do when you have free time?"

Author Kai

"For free time? Hmm... Well, I have quite a few wooden swords of all different shapes and sizes that I like sparring (practice fighting) with, I also like to design stuff, but with the training i've been in a bit of a slump lately" Kai responded, walking towards the door.

Author Krisslanza

After checking out the silver-haired neko followed her friends outside, bag of new stuff in hand.

"You spar with swords Kai-san?" asked the neko surprised, "I actually have quite a keen interest and some skill in the sword myself actually... I didn't think many would take up such an old style in this day and age.

And what do you like to design Kai-san?"

Author Kai

Kai thought for a moment before he answered. "Hmm... Well, I design everything from clothing to starships, though the only things i've ever actually built were my trenchcoat and my swords, the trenchcoat of which is in need of replacment right now." He said, heading out the door and towards the military store.

Author Wes

After ringing up Yoroko's purchases, Fufu waved goodbye as she headed out the door.

Author Kai

Kai stopped suddenly, turning around to look behind him and into the store. "I think we forgot Yoroko back there." He said to Yuril.

Author Krisslanza

"The trenchcoat that got burned up Kai-san? I had no real attachment to anything I had... Well, besides the clothing's purpose I suppose..."

With a glance over her shoulder, the neko waited for Yoroko to catch up.

"But it must be very fun designing things!"

Author Mizunoyoroko

"ach, gomen nasai." Yoroko said as she caught up. "Do you guys think we should grab some food before we go to the beach? We could have a picnic while we are there."

Author Kai

" Designing things is not nearly as fun as swordfighting though" Kai answered Yuril. "A picnic sounds fun, but we should get food last" He said to Yoroko. "Now let's get to The military shop, we should all feel more comfortable in there." with that he headed off to it.

Author Misunoyoroko

Yoroko fell in behind Kai and Yuril. As they walked Yoroko organized a shopping list for a picnic in her head. She was no cook, but it took no skill to make sandwiches, something that she had done once or twice before. If we want simple, we could do peanut butter and jelly....maybe we should just go for obento instead.....there will be no mess that way. Besides, I could go for some rice right about now...

Author Krisslanza

"Well I'd certainly believe that Kai-san."

Yuril didn't mention she had no idea what a picnic was, but assumed from the talk of food that it involved eating. The neko had no particular desire to buy anything from the military store Kai had entered, but followed anyway to see if anything could catch her eye.

Author Kai

Kai entered the store and walked up to the counter "Hello? is anyone here?" he asked of the room.

Author Wes

A beefy ID-SOL Nepleslian sat in an over sized recliner behind a glass counter full of pistols. "Yo."

The store had plenty of equipment, from camouflage jumpsuits and fatigues to rifle scopes to backpacks.

Author Kai

"Ah, Yes, um, sir, do you by any chance sell custom trenchcoats here?" Kai asked, hoping this store did.

Author Krisslanza

As Kai inquired about his trenchcoat, Yuril just wandered around the shop looking at things. Sure there were things that interested her to an extent, she was a born soldier after all, but nothing here seemed like something she would need that the army wouldn't just give her.

Author Misunoyoroko

Yoroko looked around the shop with a mostly uninterested look. Well, I might as well find something that looks mildly interesting while I am here. Yoroko thought as she walked over to the pistol section and looked at the weapons offered there.

Author Wes

"No," the shopkeeper said to Kai, shaking his head. "You'd have to custom-make a custom trenchcoat."

Author Kai

Kai was dissapointed with this, but decided against voicing it. Coming up with another idea, he asked "Do you sell fencing equipment here?" with a hopeful gleam in his eye.

Author Wes

"Er...no. This store sells military-type items, not sports goods."

Author Kai

"All right then, thank you for your help" Kai answered the ID-sol politely, then went and found Yoroko and Yuril, and asked them "If theres nothing here you want let's head to the candy shop" and waited for their answer.

Author Krisslanza

The silver-haired neko glanced up from some merchandise she happened to be looking at and shook her head.

"I didn't see anything in particular catching my eye. If you are ready to go, I'm good to go Kai-san."

Author Misunoyoroko

"Me too" Yoroko said as she looked up from the pistol display case.

Author Kai

"It's decided then, lets go get some candy!" And with that, Kai marched out of the store and across the street to the candy shop.

Author Krisslanza

Yuril nodded and followed Kai to the candy store acrossed the street, she remained silent... outloud anyway.

Candy, candy, candy, candy~ Sweet, sweet candy! Ahhh I haven't had to savor the sweet, sweet flavour of candy in toooo long... Ooooh I just know I'm going to eat until I get sick...

The silver-haired neko sighed blissfully as she entered the store.

"What to try first..."

Then she was off like a little girl to begin scavenging about the store in search of those delicious candies she loved.

Author Kai

Kai Immediately went to the chocolate section and got a few caramel filled chocolate bars. After picking up these treasures, he wandered ofer to the hard candy section and got some watermelon drops, Unfortunately he didn't notice they were sour.

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko went to the section that had pocky and grabbed a box of the delicious treat. "Hmm, what else was it I wanted? Ah, rice candy and Ramune!" While Yoroko was looking for the rice candy she bumped into Yuril. "Ne, Yuril what kind of candy do you like the most?"

Author Krisslanza

The silver-haired neko glanced up at Yoroko when question and her eyes immediatly went to the Pocky box in her friend's hand.

"For one, I like that where'd you find it? But I really love all sweets! Chocolate, sugar... Who cares! It's all delicious! Nyhahahahahahaha!"

The neko coughed lightly after her laugh.

"Ah... Sorry. I tend to get a... little uhm... excited around candy I guess, hahaha..."

Yuril sighed.

Oh yeah, you'll be a prime soldier one day when you act like a giddy schoolgirl around candy...

Author Kai

"Now Yuril, don't you go and buy out the store, other people want some candy and I don't think your paycheck will cover it" Kai said from the next row over. He was picking through bags of gummies trying to find a flavor he liked.

Author Mizunoyoroko

"Here, take mine. I will just go grab another one." Yoroko said to Yuril as she handed the box of pocky over. "Kai," Yoroko said as she walked over to Kai "if you could be a gummy what would you be?" Yoroko asked with a curious look in her eye.

Author Kai

"Probably a giant gummy bear" Kai answered "A green one" he added, looking at Yoroko. "What kind of candy would YOU be?"

Author Mizunoyoroko

"A giant clear gummy worm of course." Yoroko answered in a nonchalant way as she reached down and grabbed a prepackaged bag of gummies. "Well, I have enough candy here to last me a while, how are you doin' Yuril?"

Author Krisslanza

The neko quickly snatched the offered Pocky box then scurried off to select some more candy, by the time Yoroko questioned her Yuril had managed to collect a box of chocolate Pocky, a strawberry Pocky, gummy fish, sour gummy worms, and a few lollipops.

The silver-haired neko chuckled weakly.

"Ah... I think I managed to restrain myself a little bit... Hahaha... Ha..."

Author Kai

"If buying more then me and Yoroko put together is being restrained, i'd hate to see you in a free-for all" Kai commented, Laughing a bit. "Come on, lets go and pay so we can get our picnic and head off to the lake."

Author Krisslanza

"Hahaha... Ha... Yeah sorry, I have a wee bit of a sweet tooth you see, ehehehe..."

The neko coughed lightly.

"Sounds good. This 'picnic' sounds fun."

Author Mizunoyoroko

"Yea, lets do that." Yoroko said as she walked with Kai and Yuril to pay for the candy.

Author Kai

The trio of recruits soon arrived at the small counter, and Kai asked the shopkeep to check them out of the shop.

Author Wes

( Suggesting a timeskip to the beach )

Author Mizunoyoroko

(timeskip to beach)
Yoroko was sitting in the sun working on a tan when she heard the base sirens ringing in the distance. "Uhh, guys that doesn't sound good." Yoroko said as she looked over at Kai and Yuril.

Author Krisslanza

The silver-haired neko was laying down on the sand, dressed in the one-piece suit she had bought earlier, the box of strawberry flavored Pocky open and one of the pink-coated sticks in her mouth when her ears perked and a rather shrill sound much like...

"A siren?", the neko lifted her head and peered behind her, "Is there... Something going on?"

Author Mizunoyoroko

"Sounds kinda like its coming from Ft.Ready...." Yoroko said as she looked off toward the fort. "Kai, what do you think? I didn't think they did regular drills with the siren."

Author Wes

There was a bright, eerie glow in the sky for a moment, but after a few minutes, the siren went silent.

Author Mizunoyoroko

"That was wierd, maybe we should get back to Ft.Ready." Yoroko suggested.

Author Kai

Kai stared towards the fort for a moment "I heard somewhere that another wave of recruits came today, maybe that's the instructor's idea of scaring them" He then looked up at the sky to see a bright flash "Whoah, what was THAT?" He asked.

Author Krisslanza

The neko sat up and looked up at the sky with a frown.

"That was a bit odd... Do you think we should go back and see what's going on? It couldn't hurt could it?"

Author Mizunoyoroko

"Yea, better safe then sorry." Yoroko said as she turned toward the city.

Author Kai

"Well, all right, just as long as they don't make us do anything when we get back" Kai said, Picking up all his stuff and looking to see if one of those busses was nearby.

Author Wes

The timing worked out well; one of the busses was idling at the stop, with the driver looking at his watch impatiently.

Author Krisslanza

As they left to catch the bus, not really having time to properly get changed and not knowing if showing up at the base in a swimsuit would be the best thing, the neko had been hastily changing back into her uniform (Minus the undergarments she had worn with it) as she followed Kai and Yoroko to the bus that luckily seemed to just be nearly.

"Lucky timing..."

Author Kai

Kai spotted the bus and gathered his gear, Walking towards the idling vehicle. "C'mon girls, it might leave soon" The yamataian called back to Yuril and Yoroko.

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko hopped on the bus hopeing that this was just a drill of some kind.

Author Krisslanza

"Coming, coming!"
The neko quickly bounded into the bus as she went about trying to make her uniform look neat and tidy. Taking a seat in the first empty seat she found she just sighed and relaxed a bit, her little 'funtime' had been cut short it seems. She dug the opened box of Pocky out from the bag full of candy and ate one.

A part of me hopes it was some odd drill but... Who knows?

Author Kai

As the three recruits sat down on the bus, it began moving. Kai looked out the window in a rather bored fashion and noted someone running towards the bus, soon followed by a few others. "Hey, bus driver, I think some people want to get on."

Author Krisslanza

The neko munched on one of the pink-coated sticks as she heard Kai say something about people and she glanced out the window.

"Someone trying to get on? Shouldn't we, uhm... Stop for them?"

Author Mizunoyoroko

"Yea" Yoroko said acknowledging Yuril's comment, "driver, stop the bus please." Yoroko said as she watched the people come to the door of the bus.

Author Wes

"Okay," the driver nodded, bringing the bus to a halt.

Author Cipher

Noboru was the first person to make it to the door of the bus. None too gracefully, as he ran he slammed into the opening door and fell to the pavement, the back of his head bouncing off the street.

"Holy crap, my head..." Noboru stood up shakily and rubbed the sore, throbbing area right on the back of his skull.

Author Kai

"Whoah there, buster" Kai called out to the bumbling recruit "just why are you in such a hurry?" he then walked to the door and offered a hand to help Noboru up.

Author Aendri

Kumiko ran up next to Noboru, stopping in time to avoid hitting the bus. "Noboru, are you okay? And you sir, would you happen to be in class 1 from Fort Ready? We were sent to pick class 1 up."

Author Cipher

"Yeah, let's go with what she said." Noboru said, continuing to massage his bruised head

Author Misunoyoroko

"Is there some kind of drill going on at the base?" Yoroko asked as she exited the bus. "We heard sirens going for a little while, actually we were just on our way back..." As Yoroko said this she looked over the new arrivals.

Author Krisslanza

"Did something happen at the Fort? We were actually going to take the bus there to see what the sirens were about..."

The neko put the near empty Pocky box away as she got up from her seat.

Author Cipher

"I think it was the Mishuuvyrthar or however the hell you pronounce it." Noboru said, straightening his goggles.

Author Kai

"Mishhu? Where?" Kai asked, suddenly concerned, something fairly unusual for the recruit."I think it's a good idea that we're heading back to Fort Ready then" he said. "How'd you guys get here, anyway?"

Author Krisslanza

"Mishhu!? Here!? Why didn't you say that in the first place!?"
The neko growled slightly before regaining her composure.
"Sorry, shouldn't snap at you... But if what you say is true... We should hurry back to the fort, we're defenseless out here..."

Author Aendri

"well, it looks like the fight is almost over, but we have jeeps so we can get you guys back faster." Kumiko said, waiting a second before speaking again. "So if you guys are ready, lets get to the jeeps and go!"

Author Kai

"Okay. Come on guys, let's get back to the fort and see if they need us." Kai said before exiting the bus and walking to the nearest jeep.

Author Misunoyoroko

"Un, we should hurry." Yoroko said as she jumped into the backseat of the nearest jeep.

Author Aendri

Kumiko got back in the driver seat of her jeep. "Let's go, we should hurry back." With this, she revved the jeeps engine in preparation for the imminent departure.

Author Krisslanza

"Don't leave without me!"
The neko quickly took a seat in the jeep Kai and Yoroko had entered.

Author Cipher

Noboru leapt into the lead jeep's driver's seat, making sure Saki and Krasus were all ready to go, and floored the gas pedal, moving away from the curb and speeding away, back towards the Fort.

Author Aendri

Kumiko followed shortly, at a slightly more legal pace. ( ) As she drove, she was scanning the sky for any clue as to what was going on.

Author Krisslanza

"So... What happened? I thought I saw a flash when I was over at the beach..."

The neko began to dig about in her bag, retrieving her opened box of Pocky as she put one of the delicious sticks in her mouth as she sucked on it thoughtfully.

Author Aendri

"Ummm... in a general sense, the Mishhu attacked. That's all I know, we left almost immediately to come and find your class.

Author Kai

"Ah, I see" said Kai with a bit of concern on his face. A moment later the concern passed, and he was eying the way Yuril ate the pocky. She's lucky she's a neko or she'd get fat He thought, absent-mindedly. The yamataian looked through the paper bag from the store to find he hadn't purchased any. "Hey Yuril, Could i have some pocky?" he asked, barely caring about the situation, he just figured the star army was capable of handling it so he'd leave it at that.

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko watched her two class mates eating candy, seemingly unconcerned.

well, if they aren't concerned....I might as well eat some too, it's not like I can do anything until we get there. Yoroko thought as she pulled out some gummy candy and ate that.

Author Cipher

Noboru, in the lead jeep, was more concerned about the Mishuu than pocky. He kept one eye vaguely trained on the road in front of him, then switched both eyes to visually scan the lofty heavens above for any sign of the wannabe calamari.

Author Yagen

The Jeeps continued on the road toward the Armor Hanger. The sky was empty, except for a few clouds near the horizon. There was no sign of the attack. No smoke, no gunfire, it was all silent. The sun was setting and it appeared it would be night soon.

The vehicles carried on until they finally reached their destination. Many of the armors had already been taken, but there were still enough left for everyone in the Jeeps. There was one lone recruit leaning up against an armor, waiting for the rest of his class to show up. Once they got closer, they could see it was Kiyoshi Kimura, one of their partners from before.

Once they were in ear shot, Kiyoshi called to them. "Man, you guys sure took your time," he said. "The other recruits have gotten into armors and are being showed the ropes. Kai, Yoroko, and Yuril, we've been instructed to show the others how to use an armor. Everyone, find an armor and get inside. If you need help getting in, just watch one of us."

After everyone was out of the Jeeps, Kiyoshi walked up to one of the armors and put his uniform in a nearby bin. He pushed some buttons on the armor which opened up the hatch. He climbed up and slide himself into the armor. The feeling of the armor's insides were always strange, but he ignored them as much as he could. He put his helmet on and looked around to see how the others were doing.

Author Krisslanza

The trip was rather uneventful, which was good, as the neko passed out Pocky to her friends. Knowing there wasn't any giant crater or charred land was a good sign.

When they rearrived at Fort Ready, Yuril was a bit suprirsed to see Kiyoshi there, she got out of the jeep and waved at him as she listened to what he had to say.

"So we're teaching them then huh?", the silver-haired neko looked over her shoulder at the new recruits, "Well... I'll assume you all know nothing about using one of these,", the neko jabbed a thumb over her shoulder over at an armor, "Well u-uhm... Just... Pay attention, I'm o-only doing this once...", the neko's face turned a shade of red as she got near one of the armors

"okay so... The first rule to getting in. You have to be naked so uhm..."
Don't stare, don't stare, don't stare...
The neko quickly began to shed her clothing as she got the power armor open.
"Then simply step in. It'll feel weird but... Get used to it." stated the neko as she was already climbing in quickly to at least save a shred of deceny before everyone got too much of an eyefull

"And... Easy as that."

Author Kai

"just our luck" Kai said "being the best group in class one makes us the teachers" He finished, a bit of complaint in his voice. He opened up the armor and quickly stripped and hopped in, leaving his clothes in a pile on the ground. It wasn't hard, seeing as all he had on was swim trunks and sandals. this time, without the excitement numbing him, Kai felt just how weird it was to but on the armor and shivered a bit "Whoah.. what's Inside these things?" he asked to no one in particular before putting on the helmet.

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko walked over to an armor, stripped down and put her clothes in a near by bin. "The trick to getting the armor open is running your hand down the seam." Yoroko explained as she opened her armor. "Then just step feet first into the armor and it will take care of the rest. At first you might find the process a bit....disconcerting." After Yoroko stepped into her armor, there was a bit of relaxation showing on her face as the armor massaged her now tense muscles.

Author Cipher

"Man, and just when this day couldn't get any worse." Noboru quickly opened the seal on his armor, then stripped out of his clothes and almost autonomously climbed into an armor. He was fast enough as he got in that he was barely a blur. He feared, however, that someone might have seen his eyes when he had to take his goggles to get in.

Regardless, he turned on the 'all hands' frequency. "Okay, now what?"

Author Devonus

Devonus watched with mild interest after he arrived as the fellows from class one showed them how to get in, he paid more attention to the beutiful stark naked Neko's getting into the power armors.

He thought it was cute how the one tried to hide as much as possible before getting into the Power armor, though of course with about a half dozen recruits around her it would be hard to hide everything.

With the breif strip show over Devonus walked up to the nearest Daisy and looked over the fine peice of machinery, it was a marvel of Yamataian science.

He quickly stripped not in the least modest, this was the army anyways modesty could get you killed. He slides his hand down the spine and looks into the armor... it looked familiar to him for some reason but he couldn't quite place the similarities.

So with one deep breath he steps into the interior and feels the odd sensation of getting into a power armor, The interior contracts and massages his muscles, and he now knows where he's seen something similar to the interior before....

As the body attunes to his mass, shape and muscular composition he makes a fist and stretches his arm, feeling the enhance power and mobility from just those two simple actions..

This is my type of weapon....

Author Yagen

"Once you get in your armors, walk around a little and get a feel for it. I'm gonna check out our weapon situation," Kiyoshi messaged to the other armors. This time around we may not be only fighting each other, he thought to himself.

He walked over to the weaponry and let out a low whistle. Not only were there the LASRs they used before, but also the LASR-SLAG variant and numerous plasma rifles. Kiyoshi loaded one of the plasma rifles onto the side of his armor and grabbed a LASR. He loaded it with dummy rounds, but grabbed a few extra clips of live ammo.

"Everyone, grab a LASR and some dummy rounds for practice. Be sure to take some live rounds, the battle may not be over."

Author Krisslanza

The silver-haired neko put the helmet of the Daisy as she joined her former teammate in the weaponry. Yuril found it slightly discomforting to notice that the weaponry had a much larger selection, in addition to non-dummy rounds, it was also comforting but it also conformed there were hostiles in the area...

As the neko took one of the comfortable LASRs she had used before, and went about gathering clips of the dummy rounds and live rounds, she peered over at the SLAG variant to her weapon.

"Think we'll need this Kiyoshi?" asked the neko as she pointed to the SLAG

One's common instinct before heading into what could be battle was to load up with every weapon you could get your hands on, but when you have teammates to back you up it was far more wise to take a more 'intelligent' selection.

Author CFF Arikan

Krasus slipped into the armor quickly, not wanting to get chilled.
"Fits like a glove. Has anyone in here killed before?" He asked, in a purely curious voice.
He took a LASR with only one clip of dummy rounds, the rest he filled with live ammunition.
"I'll take rear when we move. I don't think anyone else is willing to cover all your asses."
It wasn't particularly witty, but he didn't care.
Looking at all the other nervous recruits made him nervous. Just trying to lighten the mood.
"I'll buy whoever gets the first kill a beer!" He looked at the nekos.
"Or whatever other beverage/meal they want!" And then he turned his attention to getting the suit worked in.

Author Cipher

Noboru was quick about picking up a fairly bare armament, picking up a LASR and a pair of micro-missile launchers, readied the shield on his opposite forearm, and prepared to move out.

Author Mizunoyoroko

"Please remember, only shoot non-Star Army personnel with the live rounds." Yoroko said as she put on her helmet. After Yoroko had put her helmet on she picked up a LASR two dummy clips and 3 live clips. She then attached a pair of micro missile launchers to her legs.

They seem kinda......excitable don't you think? Yoroko sent telepathically to Yuril.

"Krasus, don't worry about the rear. I will cover it, you are still learning the ropes in the Daisy." Yoroko said as she inspected her equipment one last time. "Ready when you guys are." Yoroko said.

Author Kai

"Don't be so nice to them Yoroko, We're going against them for the excercise, And don't worry about the rounds, AIES will tell us if we have live or dummy rounds in the guns" Kai said, Loading up with three magazines of each and some micro missiles. "Hey Kiyoshi, we gonna go in the forest and set up ambushes for them?" Kai asked, an unseen smile on his face. He hoped they didn't come across any Mishhu on this training excercise, a bunch of inexperienced recruits would probably be screwed

Author Krisslanza

Ah... Yes they do seem a little overly excited. But I suppose it's normal for new recruits isn't it? responded Yuril to her fellow female teammate Let's really hope we don't run into any Mishnu during this...

As a precaution the neko brought along the LASRs SLAG addition, although obviously she hoped she wouldn't actually have to use it.

"Well then...", the neko inserted one of the dummy clips into her LASR, "What's the plan then?"

Author Yagen

"The SLAG has some training rounds, so you can use it if you like. Anything powerful is good against the possible Mishhu," Kiyoshi said to Yuril. "Some people can take plasma rifles, and some can take SLAGs. We could use some variation."

"Yeah, I have an idea on what to do for training," he messaged Kai and Yuril. "I'll tell everyone at once when they're ready so I don't have to repeat it."

"If I get the first kill, I'm holding you to that!" Kiyoshi said with a laugh. "If you get to it first, I'll buy you one."

Author Mizunoyoroko

"Yea, lets make things a little flashier" Yoroko said as she snapped a SLAG onto her LASR. "And for the icing on the cake...." Yoroko then attached a plasma rifle to the weapons rack on her booster pack. Yoroko then grabbed a clip of live SLAG ammo and two clips of dummy rounds.

Author Cipher

Noboru loaded up on one clip of dummy rounds and three clips of live rounds. Despite the fact that he doubted the Mishhu would show up, he would be prepared, just in case.

Author Kai

Kai looked over what he had with his armor, then went and made sure he had the standard loadout, as he didn't really have any preference. He made sure he had more dummy rounds, though, because he didn't expect to see any mishhu. "Well, i'm ready to go, I think we should be nice and give them ten minutes after we leave to get ready" That would give us more time to set up an ambush or the like The Yamataian thought.

Author Devonus

Devonus headed over towards the weapons rack and grabed a LASR. He looked over the weapon gripped and and aimedit at a fandom tree to get a feel for the handling of the weapon. He then quickly attached it to an open weapons slot.

He considered grabbing the missile racks but quicly discarded the idea, he prefered mobility and figured it would slow him down.

He then walked over to his clothes piled up and rummaged through it till he found his sword. He snapped out the blade checking to make sure it was sharp and then attached it t his free slot.

Fully loaded and ready for combat he took a second, closed his eyes and cleared his thoughts.... memories of past combat came back to enhance his senses, he snaps his eyes open and scans his fellow recruits...

I don't know about the others, but i'm ready...

He looked around, the enhanced vision and reaction times were astounding... it would only enhance his skills...

"I'm Ready to go when you's are."

Though they couldn't see it his eyes were already looking them all over and trying to examine their skills but their motions... but the Armor was making it hard.

Author Krisslanza

"Well, I'm ready of course. Shall we head out first then have class 2 follow? Or shall Class 2 go first then we head out after then?"

The neko looked at her teammates one at a time.

"Which do you think sounds more appropriate for this training exercise? Either one is good experience. If they go first they can learn to operate defensively, and if we go first they can learn to coordinate offensively as a team really. Both pretty useful."

Author Kai

Kai glanced over at Devonus' armor, and noticed the sword "Is that thing made for PA combat? because if it isn't it will just break and then you'll have something expensive to replace" He said, matter of factly. He was pretty sure durandium plated things stronger than Nekos were sword proof, it didn't take a genius to figure that one out. well, WE haven't had any defensive fighting practice yet, so why not let's go first Kai telepathically messaged to Yuril, Yoroko and Kiyoshi.

Author Yagen

Kiyoshi gave a simple nod to Kai. "Class One will go on the defensive and Class Two will be offensive," Kiyoshi sent to all the nearby armors. "We will be doing close to the same scenario as earlier. You need to get on top of that hill," he said while pointing to a nearby hill, the same one as before. "Your whole team, or whoever is alive, has to reach the top and ring the bell."

There was about a mile of forest surrounding the base of the hill. There was no way they could use their heavy fusion thrusters and expect to survive. If they were to hover, they would make themselves very easy targets. The forest started to dissipate about halfway, and finally completely disappeared at the top.

After a quick pause, Kiyoshi continued talking in a more relaxed tone. "Just to even out the odds, I will be helping out Class Two. Not that I doubt their abilities, it's just that Class One already knows the terrain and has had experience in the Daisies."

"If there are no questions, then Class One, you have 10 minutes to prepare yourselves. Go!"

Author Mizunoyoroko

"Let's do this." Yoroko said enthusiastically over the comm channel as she loaded her rifle and slag with dummy clips. "Good luck guys." Yoroko said as she looked at the class of new recruits.

Author Cipher

Thanks, I guess..." Noboru messaged back, then checked his LASR briefly and hefted the weight of the gun in his hands.

"Lock and load, people, we've got a hill to storm."

Author Krisslanza

The silver-haired neko waved behind her at the other class as she joined her team in moving to the hill.

"So..." said the neko to her team, "What's the plan here?"

Author CSF Arikan

"I like holding the rear, it's always easier to know when theres a sniper around." He said, smiling and taking two more clips of dummy rounds.
"Okay then. I'll expect you to hold me to it."
"We should fan out, say... 4 meters? That will make it harder for any sort of grenade or explosive less deadly."
"Hell. Kiyoshi, you have more experience. You lead us." He said, emberrassed that he had tried to take command.
"Lets try not to kill eachother." He said, loading a dummy clip.

Author Devonus

Devonus couldn't help but smile inside his armor. Kai's concern over his blade was touching, but pointless. The truth was the blade was made of Durandium just like the armor of the Daisy, it also had a monomolecular edge that would give it the upper hand in melee combat. That added to the Daisy's enhanced strength and reactions, it could prove useful.

He knew it wouldn't be as effective against a durandium armored power armor as it would be against a unarmored opponent, but he was intrigued to see how it would hold up against the PA's.

"Thats a good idea, Might i also suggest we have someone go out ahead and scout the area? None of us here besides Kyoshi have experiance with this area and for the sake of fair play i beleive he shouldn't tell us. We have to learn to gain intelligence in the field.

I volunteer to go scout it out, i've done stuff like this before... just not in a Daisy. I'll look ahead and radio back what i find. You should follow about 100 meters behind me in case i get caught in an ambush or anything. If we do it this way, we should also figure out a unique radio channel or laser communication to prevent broadcasting to Class 1... but of course Kyoshi does have more experiance...." He broadcasted this using the in built telepathy to his squad mates.

They all looked to Kyoshi waiting for his answer.

Author Kai

Kai answered Yuril and Yoroko Telepathically, having learned it was better to use during battle "I think we should go about halfway through the forest and set up an ambush, If we split up a bit it should be harder for them to detect us, I'd Also reccommend linking using the AIES Kai said doing so, he walked into the forest ahead of his teammates and looked for a nice spot to hide.

Author mizunoyoroko

"That sounds like a good idea, we should also use the stealth abilities to their maximum effect. Do you think we could set some of the SLAG rounds to detonate remotely? It could cause some confusion and possibly make some openings for us to attack." Yoroko sent telepathically to Kai and Yuril as she walked into the forest. Seconds later her AIES was linked to Kai and Yuril's systems. As she walked she dispensed one the two drones from her shoulder ordering it to lay low and passively scan the area. Going a little farther she dispensed the second giveing it the same orders.

Author Yagen

"Well, more experience by one battle, but you take what you can get," Kiyoshi said, shrugging. Before he encrypted the radio channel, he gave one last message. "If anyone sees any sign of an opponent other than us, do NOT hesitate to stop the battle. We don't want to be picked off one by one while were training."

After that, he switched to an encrypted channel and send the key via his AIES to the others of Class Two. "We've still got five more minutes before we can make a move on the hill. We should stick together," he said, turning to Devonus. "If you were to find anything scouting, you would have to be close enough for them to strike. Maybe play on that and have whoever is the fastest be a decoy. When they ambush the decoy, we ambush them. What do you guys think?" he said, looking around the group.

Author Krisslanza

Yuril merely nodded in response to Kai's instructions as she linked the AIES to her teammates.
"So the basic idea is ambush them before they get to the hill then? Seems easy enough I suppose... We have a little bit of knowledge around here. Should be able to set up a nice ambush if we know what way they take... Would be awfully bad if they walked around us and got to the hill without resistance..."

Author Kai

"We could set the drones to lead them to us" Kai suggested " I'll make my drones search for them and cause a distraction so we can catch them off guard if they go a different way he said, Dispatching one of them but not issuing any orders yet, waiting on his teammates responses.

Author Mizunoyoroko

Sounds good. Yoroko responded as she monitored her drones and prepared for the skirmish that was to come.

Author CSF Arikan

"Its all about speed. I think we should try to avoid them as best we can."
He sighed, seeing the leader of the group discount his experience was slightly demoralizing.
"I think I could scout. I'm not the fastest but i damn sure know when my ass is in the fire."
He smiled, and said. "Of course, when it comes to that you will probably hear me firing. I don't want to pay for any drinks or meals!"

Author Yagen

"My main concern with scouting is that they will be cloaking and will be scouting out with drones. If your unlucky, by the time you notice them, you could be right on top of them. But..." he started to say in a more confident tone of voice.

"It's not like we're playing against pros here. These people are on our level as well. Most likely they won't pick the best hiding spots or the best ambush points either."

He turned to the two who volunteered to scout. "Okay, if Devonus and Krasus want to scout ahead, Noboru, Saki, and I will hang back about a hundred meters or so. If you guys get ambushed we can either run up and quickly assist you, or if you are attacked by all of Class One, then we can hang back and lob some grenades or snipe." Kiyoshi looked at his LASR and at the digital firing site his AIES gave him. It's not a dedicated sniper rifle, but it'll work in a pinch.

He didn't want to hurt his team's moral any more then he might have already, so he left out an option that was in his head. If they are attacked by all of Class One, we may have better chances if the remaining three sneak around the fight and to the top. I'd hate to do that, so I'll leave that call up to the ones scouting.

Author Cipher

"Sounds good. I'll take point." Noboru held his LASR at parade rest, nonchalantly standing against one of the walls.

Author CSF Arikan

"Alright Devonus. You take point since you have the sword. I'll be 4 meters to the left, hell if they have an area denial weapon that can take us both out in one blast."
He looked at Kiyoshi measuringly, and then looked at the time.
"Lets go Devonus."
And then he waited for Devonus to take point for the scouting expedition.

Author Kai

Kai ordered his drones to fan out on either side and search for class two. He hid next to a tree and turned on his active camoflauge, effectively making him invisisble to the naked eye. I'm Ready he sent to his classmates.

Author Krisslanza

The neko slipped off to find her own cover, also turning on the handy camo feature. Once finding her own spot, not too far from her teammates, she deployed her drones to scout around... While sending one off to the hill, just in case any decided to try and sneak past them all and go for the easy win.

Author Mizunoyoroko

Ready over here. Yoroko signaled as she engaged her cloaking device and monitored her drones for enemy movement.

Author Aendri

Kumiko got behind some cover, looking down into a fairly clear area, with a cliff on her left. Well, if they come this way, I'll be able to pin them fairly well guys. Kumiko sent, hoping the others would hear. But I need someone to cover the cliff beside me, or I'm toast.

Author Cipher

I'm on it. Noboru, who had been tardy arriving in position, took cover on the cliff wall adjacent to Kumiko's current position.

Lock and load. Good luck out there, guys. He attempted to project the mental transmission to Kumiko, Krasus and his squadmates, but right now he just hoped the 'Lock and load' part made it through relatively intact.

Author Yagen

Kiyoshi watched the time tick down on his display.

"3...2...1...0."

"Alright lets go!" Kiyoshi said, full of energy. "Devonus and Krasus, take point. Noboru, Kumiko, and I will follow a hundred meters or so behind. Good luck," he said to his teammates.

The crew had walked to the base of the mountain and had entered to forest area. Upon entering the forest, Kiyoshi motioned everyone to turn on their camouflage, so all the armors looked like was a distorted picture of what was behind them.

After about a minute or so of wandering up the slopes of the mountain, Devonus, Krasus, and Kumiko received a red flashing warning on their display that an enemy had been detected. Their armors were the only ones that picked up on the enemy. The recruits could tell where the enemy was, but due to the camouflage and all the trees, it was impossible to see them and get a clear shot.

Yoroko and Yuril's drones returned to their owners and passed off what they had discovered. The data gave the location of two of their opponents, Devonus and Krasus. There was not a clear line of sight to hit them from, so they would have to either ambush them or risk getting closer.

Author Kai

The AIES informed Kai of what yoroko and Yuril's drones had discovered, and he made sure to look in the direction that the drones had highlighted as possible positions for their enemies. He Telepathically suggested "I say we wait and ambush them, It's not the whole group, I'm sure we could take these two out with a coordinated effort"And remained still, his rifle still in a raised and ready postion.

Author Mizunoyoroko

"If they are using the same strategy we did when we first did this it might get interesting. Ideas? Perhaps we could cover them in slag rounds...if we space it right they would have anywhere to maneuver to. Off course, we could try something else as well. Yoroko said.

Author krisslanza

"I like the idea of using the SLAG actually... Scatter them and pick them off one by one. Simple but effective if they panic..."

The neko remained motionless as she awaited the order to attack, keeping her eyes open and searching.

Author Aendri

Kumiko froze, not moving at all, hoping their opponents hadn't detected her presence. On a encrypted squad channel she broad casted, One enemies in range, holding position. Unsure of enemy detection of our units at this time.

Author Devonus

Chances are that if we see them they can see us. Their probably using the same active camo we are and if we detected them they detected us... probably.

He pondered their options, knowing that him and Krasus were screwed if there were more.

I recommend i send my two drones in that relative direction to see what we can find. Krasus i recommend you set your drones out in a perimeter around us to detect any ambushes..... and find some cover

With that devones steps behind a tree and kneels, knowing full well it wouldn't stop a slag round, but hopefully they wouldn't be able to draw a bead on him.... Meanwhile his two drones rushed off towards the detected enemy.

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus did as Devones had suggested, sending his drones out.
He layed prone under a fallen tree trunk, holding his rifle up at the ready, and paying attention to his pheriphral vision for any movement.

Author Mizunoyoroko

"Let's act before they spread to far out." Yoroko said as she raised her rifle. Let's use SLAG rounds to catch 'em off gaurd." Yoroko then fired her SLAG's at the prone Krasus, but just a little to the left, attempting to minimize the cover that the tree provided.

Author Yagen

The group of drones sent by the Class Two recruits told everything they needed to know about Kai's and Yuril's armor. The important thing they found was their position, current weapon, and target. Currently, those two had no target; they were just waiting for a proper time to ambush.

The drones succeeded in being hidden and therefore did not alert Class One.

Noticing the flying training grenade hurling right for him, Krasus used his back foot to push off of a dead root and dodge the worst of the grenade. He still felt a little of the shock and his training health dropped to 95%. It wasn't bad enough for his armor to give him any injury handicaps.

Kiyoshi ran up to a tree near Krasus position. He put his back to the tree in attempt of cover. "Are you okay?" he sent to Krasus. It appeared that Krasus wouldn't be trouble, most of the chalk from the round drifted harmlessly in the wind.

Kiyoshi stood there and breathed in and out for a few seconds, trying to relax his body so he could get a good shot. The recruit then turned and fired a few burst shots targeting the enemy who attacked his teammate.

Author Cipher

Noboru, from his cover position, also returned fire. Trying to get a bead on where Kiyoshi was firing, he aimed with his own eyes, not trusting the equipment, and shot.

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus pulled devones behind a bush, avoiding the blast
"Jesus! Devones! Go alert the rest of the class! I'll hold em here."
With that he turned on his camo and opened fire into the bushes where he thought the round came from.
"GO GO GO!"
He emptied his entire dummy round clip, hoping to suppress them.

Author Kai

From his mostly hidden spot, kai used the AIES to triangulate where that full clip of rounds had come from, and took a carefully aimed a few potshots at the armor, which was shooting at Yoroko, nowhere near him. Kai was pretty sure the distracted armor wouldn't know what hit him.

Author Krisslanza

The neko remained where she was, of course not knowing her position had been discovered by Class Two's drones as Yoroko fired a round and Kai began his own, Yuril remained without firing for a bit... Until she saw more rounds being shot at her team from behind the cover of a bush, so to reward whomever decided to give his team surpressing fire the neko of silver hair decided to launch one of the dummy grenades from her SLAG at her target.

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus threw himself back behind the tree, taking Devones with him.
"I hate triangulation!!" He muttered under his breath.
"Screw this, Heroes are made because someone screwed up! I don't want to screw up so lets all go! c'mon!" It was a rant, he had picked his feet up and been running the entire time.
He noticed his Health go down, and he was slowed, 83% now...
"Shit."

Author Mizunoyoroko

well, my cover is blown now. Might as well make the best of it. Yoroko thought as she attempted to return fire at the Daisies shooting at her.

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus did a ran backwards, tripping and stumbling occasionally, firing in Yoroko's direction.
"Devones! Run! Cmon!"

Author Devonus

Devonus didn't run, it wasn't in his nature. Unless running had a tactical advantage he stayed where he was. He switched off his active camo which wasn't helping and instead set it to holographic imaging and projected an image of Krasus's armor.

You run back and get the rest of the class. If we both run all it's going to do is bring class 1 bearing down on us with guns blazing. We don't want them to know where the rest of us are. While i play decoy up here you's figure out some way to ambush them. I'll be fine... I hope..

that last part wasn't suppose to be transmitted, but that was one problem with telepathy, it also sent out some messages you wanted to keep to your self.

so while Krasus was back tracking he was running with his hologram and firing. He was hoping a few would land, he was hoping that his two drones would give him a better hit percentage.... meanwhile his little scheme was beggining to hatch....

Author Cipher

Meanwhile, Noboru was sidetracked and otherwise engaged, firing carefully at one of the armors on the ridge. Shots whizzed around his mechanized head as his ammunition began to whine into single digits.

"CRAP..."

Anyone got some spare ammo? I need some bad.

Author Yagen

The entire clip Krasus fired gave nothing but problems for him. Not only did it waste his ammo, it made finding his location extremely easy. Before he could run, a three-round burst hit him in the chest which caused him to stumble, but he barely did not falling. "Major damage to chest, health down to 35%. Simulating damage," his AIES said to him. His armor felt heavier and it took more energy to move. Just like if he had been shot, just without the pain.

Yoroko didn't have long to enjoy her successful shot when a bullet hit the center her shoulder. The other shots aimed at her flew by harmlessly. The bullet "supposedly" pierced her shoulder and caused her left arm difficulty moving. "Damage to non-vital organs, down to 80%."

Yuril's grenade could not have been more perfect. Kiyoshi and Noboru were close enough that they both felt the explosion in their armors. If it was a real grenade, they probably would have been knocked off their feet. "Damage to right leg, health down to 60%," the AIES told Kiyoshi. Noboru was luckier, managing to escape with 75% health and all of his limbs.

Devonus managed to avoid enemy fire and make his way closer to the enemy. Running while aiming didn't help his cause so no damage was inflicted by him, yet.

"Shit!" Kiyoshi said as he felt his leg harder to move and more useless. Just then, he saw Devonus running away from the group, right towards the enemy. What is he thinking! he thought to himself, trying to get close enough to him to provide a little covering fire.

Author Aendri

Kumiko slowly moved to a prone position, trying to stay unnoticed. On finishing this, she set up for a shot, sending out one drone to assist the shot.

Author Devonus

Devonus knew he was runniing towards the enemy, he was also hoping they'd be a bit surprised by this tactic. Of course getting closer and closer gave them a better chance to hit. He sent this meassage while moving forward to his entire squad.

" Don't risk yourself to give me cover. Just lay some down from where you are and try to keep them from knowing how close i am to them. When they stop firing you'll know i'm engaging them in melee combat. that's the time to get a good position and take them out.... I doubt i can take three of them on my own, so if need be take me out with them..."

He ran forward stoped to unload a couple rounds then continued to move, his ammo counter now at zero, he stop to take some cover and reload, hoping he had moved far enough away so as not to get pinpointed.

Meanwhile he had his hologram step out into the open and simulate firing several rounds while standing completly in the open. He hoped that class one would become eager and attack it...

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko felt her arm grow heavier Well, its a good thing that wasn't real. Just as Yoroko thought this she saw two of Devonus surging forward. One charging forward, he's got a holobuddy though, not sure which is real. Yoroko transmitted to her teammates over encrypted telepathy as she stepped back a bit and proceeded to fire three round bursts into both of Devonus hoping for a hit that would mark the real one.

Author Cipher

Noboru's limbs, still operational, kept him steady as he moved about forty yards back and to his left, eventually finding cover behind a lightning-struck tree that was close to the canyon wall, creating a rudimentary wall just large enough to conceal his DAISY.

Author Shobo Saki

Saki had begun doing what everyone lse was doing, hoping not to mess up, which she probably was. She stayed a little behind, focusing on not doing something horribly wrong. So far she was okay, but who knew? Is everyone okay? she transmitted.

Author Cipher

I'm fine. Krasus got the shit kicked outta him in some kind of suicide charge and Kiyoshi lost a leg, but we should be a little better. Noboru slipped away from his current position and fell back to Saki's.

Got any spare ammo?

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus kept moving despite the suit slowing him.
"Damn... *huff* This... *huff* To hell!"
He ducked as he saw Noboru move through the trees.
Okay, there are some Class One's ahead... does anyone know how to fix my suit? Devonus is fighting them as best he can but... I say avoid them and try to get around, but they could have a lookout or two.

Author Kai

Kai watched as Devonus sped forward. Something clicked when two of them appeared Devonus has that sword, He's gonna try melee with us!The Yamataian sent to his team. Kai put his Daisy's shield in front of him, and fired at the charging figure, ignoring the shooting hologram. It paid to pay attention BEFORE a battle too. 'Know Thine Enemy' Kai thought, smiling at his deductive reasoning.

Author Cipher

Meanwhile, Noboru maneuvered his Daisy into position alongside Saki.

This is going all to hell... Are you alright?

Author Mizunoyoroko

When Yoroko got Kai's message something in the back of her head clicked in. That sword is capable of damaging power armors, and I doubt that the daisy's armor is all that great. Swords don't usually have a safety mode either. With those thoughts running through her head Yoroko raised her rifle and fired another slag round, this one targeted just to the front of Devonus, hoping to score a hit while dettering his current movement path. Yoroko then popped off a burst shot right after firing the SLAG hoping to disable the armor before it reached her.

"I doubt his sword has safeties for melee combat, try not to engage in close combat. Be careful though, he still has buddies." Yoroko transmitted to the rest of the team.

Author Krisslanza

The neko's attack had gone off nearly perfect, a perfect shot would've taken out her opponents, but injuring them was more then enough. To sweeten the deal, it didn't seem like they knew where she was at all...

Of course she heard Kai's report on the sword one of the armors carried, that would cause severe issues if they got into melee range... So of course logically they just don't.

Rather then fire on the charging suit, leaving that to Kai and Yoroko, Yuril decided the weakened armor trying to follow the charging one was a much better target as she launched another grenade.

Author CSF Arikan

im fine! I'm going back to help Devonus, you guys can try to either flank or go past. I'm worthless at this point to try to follow, i'll just tire myself out. Better to "die" fighting eh?
He grinned inside his armor

Author Shobo Saki

I'm fine...And I think I do...gosh, I hope I don't mess up...What would be the optimistic thing to say right now? Inside her armor, Saki rolled her eyes, thinking of her usually insanely cheerful attitude. So much for that...

Author Aendri

Lining up the shot, Kumiko fired three rounds, on a trajectory with Yoroko. 2 were aimed for the chest, one for the head.

Author Cipher

Good, good... I suggest we just hang back for right now, and if we have to fight, let them come to us; think the battle's over. With any luck we'll be able to sneak around... Eventually.

Author Yagen

While Yoroko was dealing with the charging Devonus, a few bullets hit her in the chest and caused her to stumble back. "Major damage to chest, 30% health remaining. Simulating damage." Her armor seemed to way three-times its original weight and her odds of surviving looked bleak. The grenade she fired flew off course and detonated harmlessly in the air.

Devonus charged up the hill without slowing down. The bullets he shot mostly were useless, except for one that hit Kai in the side, which brought him down to 85%. His hologram helped to distract his enemy, but a few bullets still hit. No major limbs were taken out, but the beating dropped him to 75%. He was now within 30 feet of Class One, specifically near Kai.

Yuril's grenade launched at Devonus, but caused little damage. She was about to have bigger problems with the charging swordsmen going right for her teammate!

Kiyoshi was about to shout for Devonus to stop, but couldn't find anything to say. He turned and headed towards the others. "Devonus is giving us an opportunity, lets regroup and take advantage of it. If he dies," he started to say and then sighed. "I want his life to have been spent, not wasted."

Author Kai

Kai Shifted to take more cover behind the treeso his shield would be more effecive, then Aimed once again at the charging foe, knowing for certain it was Devonus. He wanted to make sure that Devonus would not get near them, seeing as the sword could actually damage the armors. Kai took 5 careful shots at devonus, aiming for the head and upper body, which had worked in the last battle.

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus trudged forward, making a hologram of another armor walking to the side.
He held his LASR aloft, searching for targets.
"Interesting day..."

Author Aendri

Kumiko lined up another shot, this time locating her target through Devonus. She lined up the shot, and fired four rounds at Kai's chest.

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko felt the weight of her armor increase dramatically. This stuff sure does weigh many Yoroko thought as she tried to manuever into cover.

While moving Yoroko engaged her active cammo again, however this time she went prone onto the ground, rifle pointed forward.
Well, If I cant move, why should I? she thought to herself.

"This is Yoroko, I have sustained massive "damage", I am going to go stationary. If you can get them into my field of fire I might be able to get a few shots." With this Yoroko scanned for anything she could hit.

Author Krisslanza

The neko swore quietly, her shot had missed and the enemy was closing the gap quickly, thankfully whoever it was took the time to take cover. Which meant he was a sitting duck for a shot from Yuril's SLAG.

Author Devonus

Any one with grenades get them ready, If i get screwed when i go melee up here blow us all to hell. Krasus fall back to some relative cover, you'r the slowest right now, try to find away around this fight to the top of the hill. I think were a big enough distraction for now. Secure the area and wait for us.

The added weight from the damage was slowing him down, but he was just thnakful it was simulated, it would have hurt like hell if it been real combat.

He looked out from behind the tree he was behind and looked at the enemy. He saw one PA in about 30 feet, a short run for the Daisy. So now he had to figure out how to get past that remaining 30 feet in one peice.

So he decided his drones who had been till now just hiding keeping an eye on the enemy would be a bit of help. He didn't know how much power their tiny laser had, but he was sure it would be enough to distract the armors. So with that he sent the drones the message to attack from behind.

Author CSF Arikan

One step ahead of you.
He sent back, popping several dummy shots at the annoyingly close SLAG shooter.
He fired a three shots, all of them closely grouped to where he had been watching the flashes.
"Look at the pretty flashing lights you bastards!"
I'll buy time for you to finish your little charge but I can't hold out long by myself, I believe the rest of the Class is going around, either to flank or go to the top I don't know.

Author Yagen

Using the data gathered from Devonus's armor, Kumiko was able to get a clear shot in Kai's direction. Two of the bullets bounced harmlessly against his shield, but one hit him near the elbow, causing him to drop his gun, and another hit his chest while he was exposed getting a shot. His right arm had been rendered useless and his health dropped to 50%, giving him a harsh penalty.

Kai's efforts had not been in vain, however. Devonus, who was closing the gap between them, made an easy target and had one bullet strike him in the chest and one hit his leg. The shot to the leg hit in a non-vital spot and only lowered his leg's efficiency a small amount. Overall, his health dropped to 45% and gave him the same level handicap as Kai. There were only a few feet between the two enemies now.

Krasus's hit had helped to even their odds. Before Yuril could even fire off her grenade, one of his bullets struck her lower arm and knocked the gun out of her hand. The gun was still usable, but she lost the arm she used to gun with and had to use the other. Her health dropped to 80% as a result.

Kiyoshi made his way over to where Noboru and Saki were. "Alright, while the others are engaging the enemy, we should use our time to make it up the hill," he said, while motioning them up the hill. "Devonus," he sent telepathically. "Do not kill our opponents with your sword, stop right before you hit them and the enemy armor should register the hit."

Author Devonus

Don't worry, i'm not so far involved in this to kill them. I do remember that their our fellow classmates.

With that he steped out from his cover charging foward. Though so far he'd managed to avoid damage to vital regions, it was still getting hard to maneuver in this suit. He unsnapped his sword and spun it nonchalently as he charged.

He saw the other two armors and tried to position Kai's armor between them, hopefully stopping them from getting a clear shot. Mean while he sized up Kai. He'd sustained about the same amount of damage, but he lacked a mellee weapon, on the other hand that damb shield was going to be a problem.

He extends his sword out in a straight line and awaits Kai, who was currently unarmed, to charge.

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus stitched the ground around where he had fired his trio of shots, spreading it to either force them to fire back, or to punish them out of the fight.
He stopped firing while changing a clip and moved as fast as he can to the left, taking cover and using his drones to fire distracting blasts to screw with triangulation.
It would look like he was going in three different directions.

Author Kai

It was now that kai remembered the heavy pack on his back, thankful for having taken the standard loadout. He had AIES detect the angle of that sword, and found the best one of his own to deflect it during his next move: A booster pack charged kick to devonus' stomach. Kai was almost 100% certain the recruit wouldn't think of that and wouldn't be prepared. Kai loved being smart. Hope this works! he thought, boosting at his foe, a kick ready to connect as soon as that pesky sword was out of the way.

Author Devonus

A booster powered drop kick?! Devonus was just registering what the hell kai was doing and decided the best option wasn't to attack but to dodge. If Kai missed he was going to have the unpleasent surprise of passing right by at mach 1 and probably crashing into a tree while giving Devonus an open shot, if he hit, Devonus was going to have the unlucky surprise of getting kicked in the stomach by 180 KG Daisy propelled at mach 1...

Author mizunoyoroko

Yoroko sat there watching her AIES and saw that Kai was engaged two to one, Well, let's see if I can't even the odds a little bit. she thought. Yoroko stood and moved into sight range of Krasus's Daisy and dropped to a kneeling position for optimol support from her arm, hoping that her active camo still functioned well. I just need a good head shot... Yoroko thought to herself as she lined up the shot. Just one, breathe out Yoroko commanded herself. As Yoroko exhaled, her finger wrapped around the trigger. Breathe in, breathe out Yoroko continued the chant internally. as Yoroko exhaled the second time she pulled the trigger sending the bullets flying out of her rifle.

Author Krisslanza

The neko growled as she quickly moved out of her postion, one of her arms now totally worthless.
damn it, damn it, damn it.

With only one useable arm trying to remove the SLAG attachment would take far too much time, with the charging armor too close to Kai to risk firing a grenade at, the neko of silver hair instead decided to just move positions and fire another SLAG round in the direction of her attacker.

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus dissappeared behind some trees, and his drones continued their parade of fire at different positions. He reloaded his last clip and prepared to make a charge on the enemy flank, atleast he hoped so, he had gone far enough.

Author Yagen

Yoroko fired off her shot with patience, which paid off. The bullet followed its intended path and hit Krasus square in the temple. The shot, combined with the added blast of Yuril's grenade, caused him to stumble backwards, and then to fall onto his back when he lost response with his armor. His vision left him and all he could see were three letters, "KIA."

Kai remembered the technique that was used against him in the previous battle. Before Devonus could get out of the way, Kai blasted into the inside of his shoulder and launched him back a few feet. If he hit any harder and Kai would have been moving too fast, causing him to kill himself. Due to the location of the hit, Devonus managed to hang on with 5% of his health, but with severe handicaps. It seemed the only point in his continued life was to postpone death.

It took Kai a few seconds after the kick to notice a throbbing in his left arm. Devonus's sword brushed against his arm while he kicked, and the momentum caused the sword to slash into his arm. Not "theoretically" hitting it, but actually physically slashing into his person. The Daisy went to work in applying first-aid to the wound, and thankfully the wound wasn't major. He just wouldn't be using that arm any time soon.

Kai's armor temporarily flashed a "time-out" message for his armor, but removed it when the wound was determined to be non life-threatening. His health was dropped to 15%. Now both opponents were crippled and it looked like it would be the end for Devonus, the final moments of a modern day swordsman.

Kiyoshi saw the drastic fall of health between Kai and Devonus, as well as the brief "time-out" message for Kai's armor. He was a fair distance from the two, but he ran in that direction anyway. Kiyoshi looked at the information from Kai's AIES regarding the injury. It showed him about where he was injured from the sword and that he would still be able to fight. Nothing else was said to him. They were still enemies after all.

Looks like we're scratching the hill idea and going for elimination, he sent to his teammates. He took a position behind a boulder about 20 yards away from the two, waiting for them to make their move.

Author CSF Arikan

"damn it! damn it damn it!" He yelped inside his armor.
He wriggled inside his armor, trying to get into a comfortable position.
Your on your own now! I'm out of the game.

Author Aendri

Kumiko, seeing her comrade fall, fired two quick shots at Kai. She then moved, hearing another person going down. Repositioning herself, she started looking for the other sniper.

Author Kai

"Crap" Was Kai's only reaction to the pain in his arm. He rolled into a ball and hopped up with the armor's help. Noting that he was slowed down due to the low health, Kai cheacked above himself for a clear patch and boosted to above the trees, hopefully out of the way of everything. Holding onto the rifle with his physically injured arm, Kai winced at the small amount of pain that was slowly going away. He would stay above the trees and out of view till he figured he could shoot left handed.

Author Devonus

Devonus was in a furious rage, his armor was crippled beyond beleif, but still functional, and Kai was licking his pathetic flesh wound leaving him there to wait for the killing blow.... he couldn't escape he was to slow...

Well i'm down to 5% health and have minumum mobility... this armor is more of a liability then anything else.... Wait... well guys i'm abandoning my armor i'm screwed if i stay in it, you's won't be able to contact me via normal communication..... but i got a surprise for that bastard kai

after sending that, he opened his Daisy, grabbed his sword, and dashed off into the trees hoping he wasn't seen... waiting for kai to come back and deliver the killing blow... he's have surprise when he came back.

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko watched her target fall to the ground amidst an explosion, he AIES indicated that he was out of the fight. All right, one down....three to go Yoroko looked over in Kai's direction just in time to see him boost above the trees, and watch a nude Devonus get out of his armor. "Guys...Devonus just got out of his armor and is on the battlefield nude. Also, we have only disabled two of them, they still have two more people." As Yoroko said this she dropped into the woods and reactivated her active camo.

Author Yagen

Kumiko's bullets flew above Kai as he ducked into a roll. He managed to get back to his feet and boast away before she could fire another shot. He may have gotten away, but the lights from the engines were a dead giveaway to his location. If she jumped after him or relocated, a few good shots could easily end it for him.

When she turned to look for the others, Yoroko activated her camo in time for Kumiko to miss her location, leaving Yoroko a perfect shot.

Kiyoshi nodded when he heard Krasus's words. "Sorry about your death. I'll try to make them face their deaths soon." Just as he said this, Devonus's AIES flashed him a warning message. "Pilot left armor! If pilot does not re-establish contact with armor in 60 seconds, then he will be considered MIA and disqualified!" Shit, Kiyoshi thought. "Devonus, if you don't get back to your armor in one minute, your disqualified! If your going to do something, do it fast and get back!"

Author Shobo Saki

As of late, Saki hadn't done much. She hadn't been hit, but she hadn't hit anything either. She'd had enough of doing nothing. Yuril was in her range. She quickly fired three shots, hoping for a chance to do SOMETHING...

Author Cipher

Noboru saw Saki shoot and also shot, a single round that was aimed in front in case the Armor moved forward.

Careful Saki, Akio warned, We wouldn't want to give our position away.

Author Kai

Kai's AIES registering the shots fired, he tracked thierorigin and hefted his rifle in his left arm, which, although physically damaged still moved, and utilising the armor for stability, he fired a few potshot through the trees at the projected enemies. Telepathically, Kai contacted Yuril and Yoroko "Hate to ditch you two, but I'm in no condition to stick around, I'm going to fly closer to the hill and hang around as backup if any get past you" As soon as the message was sent, he jumped towards the crown of the hill and descended into a treetop, turning his active camo back on and searching for enemies.

Author Shobo Saki

I'll be careful.. explained Saki. ....But would you rather I do nothing? She really had to get involved.

Author Mizunoyoroko

Yoroko watched as Saki fired at Yuril, "Yuril if we team up against this one we can take it out quicker. I have line of site and a good shot, let's try and get this one down fast. Yoroko sent through encrypted telepathy as she steadied her rifle for another shot. Yoroko began her measured breathing mantra, and continued the mantra for three seconds allowing the AIES to calculate for any unknowns. When Yoroko started her last breathing cycle her mind was clear. As Yoroko reached the height of inhalation see the target flashed through her mind. When her lungs were completely void of air another thought flashed through her mind, pull the trigger. Her finger pulled the trigger, sending a bullet speeding towards her target's head.

Author CSF Arikan

Whoever is doing all those headshots is a damned good marksman!
Watch out everyone!

Author Aendri

Not finding her target, Kumiko dropped to the ground, anticipating a shot or two coming her way. When she wasn't fired upon, she looked around, and began triangulation of the snipers position, setting up to shoot.

Author Devonus

Devonus was down right furious now. He'd hoped to be able to do something from outside his armor, but obviously that was out of the question. He dashed back too his armor and jumped in, making sure he left his sword outside to be picked up again.

His AIES told him that Kai had left towards the top of the hill, leaving two enemies to be dealt with. The only problem was he only had 5% health and his armor felt like it weighed two ton.

It also told him that there were other enemies with 30-40 ft... they'd all but forgotten about me. His previous strategy of charging had been all but useless, Kai was still floating around taking pot shots and his charge had caused him to be bordeline disabled and Krasus to be KIA.

He pulled his drones in and sent them out in a rotating search pattern to try and find the other two enemies who had been near by, meanwhile he ducked behind a log and began to try and figure out what the hell he was going to do.

Author Yagen

Noboru and Saki's shots appeared as one when they were launched from their armors. It was hard to tell from their view, but the AIES said that one of the rounds hit Yuril in the chest, causing her to be pushed back. The force of the bullets were emphasized due to her being caught off guard. Her health dropped down to 40%, leaving most of her team in bad shape.

Due to Kai's injured arm and the unstable position he was shooting from, most of his bullets did nothing but kick up dust around Noboru and Saki. Two bullets, however, hit Saki's armor in the right arm. Out of nowhere, Yoroko's bullets flew close by and one hit between the other two shots. The three shots effectively took out her arm and brought her to 70%.

From her position, Kumiko was able to get an almost clear view of Yoroko, with Yuril's armor having stumbled behind a tree. She had good odds of connecting a shot.

Staying behind a log rendered Devonus temporary shelter to think about his plan. Just then, his AIES gave him a suggestion. "Kai's armor is still within range of a shot. If he anticipates it, he could dodge it. If we have enough secrecy, we can take him out here."

Kiyoshi was hanging back due to his injury and had an idea of where each enemy was. He thought he did at least. While he was preparing for a shot, he suddenly felt a force on his back and he stumbled forward. His health dropped down to 50% and he turned around to see what hit him.

Yasuo. He had come and joined the fight. Over an open comm channel, he said, "Hey Kiyoshi, I was told to check up on you and direct you back to the base. But..." he started to say with an amused tone of voice. "I guess I'll just have to play in your game. It wouldn't be fair if I joined your team, so Class 1 will get some back-up!" With that, he ran off in the direction of his new teammates, completely leaving Kiyoshi alone.

Author Devonus

Thanks to his AIES, Devonus double checked the range and location of Kai. Though i couldn't visibly see him the armor said he could be hit. so now it was time to think strategy. He sends both of his drones to Kai surrounding him and giving devonus an excellent firing solution.

Meanwhile he was sending mental commands to his AIES.AIES, give me a visual uplink with the drones as well a visual reference of my estimated target trajectory, with a strikezone overlaying his armor.

With that done he hefted up his gun, switched to the visual feed and focused. At this range any subtle change in aim caused a huge change in the estimated trajectory of the shot. He went to a kneel steadied his aim, and breathed slowly, and aimed for the head. He inhaled one last time, fired, exhaled, steadied his aim, inhaled, fired, exhaled and waited for visual confirmation of a hit.

Author Shobo Saki

Saki thought to herself, well, now that arm's useless. She had expected that if she hit something, she would probably be hit too. Yet she had done well hitting Yuril along with Noboru....Well, make do now that you've been hit, Saki...she told herself.

Author Kai

Kai's AIES informed him that Devonus' drones had a lock on him. Knowing what this could mean, he hefted his shield up over his head, the simulated and real injuries making it a bit of a task but he still got it over with quickly, and jumped off to the side Thank goodness for the AIES Kai thought, the computer acknowledging his compliment by giving him a mental image of a smily face.

Author CSF Arikan

Krasus struggled out of his armor, looking at it.
"I wonder if I can carry it..." he thought out loud.
Maybe, and maybe not... if it was too heavy, and he hurt himself...
He didn't think of what it might do to his career.
"Its one thing to put it on, another to carry it."
He decided to just sit by it.. a confused state.
Devonus, maybe its time to arrange an invisible spy for Class 1.
It wasn't really a question.
He thought for a moment, looking at the Armor.
He tore up a small bush and set it on the armor, taking other twigs and leaves and throwing it on.
He made a mental note of its location and set off to the sounds of the Melee between Class 1 and Class 2.
Saki? Do me a favor, and pray to any Gods that might be alive that they don't shoot me with a live round.

Author Aendri

Kumiko, finding her target, slowly lined up the shot, and fired three times, pausing about two seconds between every shot.

edit:spelling/grammar fix

Author Cipher

Saki... You alright? Cycle positions to a different area. Guerilla tactics. It could save your butt. Noboru said, moving downwind and back towards another cover spot where he could safely shoot at the Class 1 suits.

Author Krisslanza

The neko winced as she quickly crawled off in the attempt to switch positions and lose the line of sight she had on her. With her latest damage taken, things were looking grim for her indeed.

Author mizunoyoroko

After firing her shot Yoroko knew that staying in one place would not be a smart idea. Flipping her active camo back on Yoroko moved into cover. While moving she reloaded her SLAG launcher with dummy rounds. "Well, this is interesting... Yoroko transmitted to Yuril.

The sun was finally setting in the background of the battle. It seemed that the sky had not changed the whole time, but now that most were on the defensive, they could see the sun had gone down and darkness would soon envelop the battle.

Devonus almost had a perfect shot on Kai using the drones to find a shot. Just in time, Kai's shield came up to block it. The shield protected his head, but in the rush, the shield only covered the head. The second bullet hit him right in his shielding arm. If it were a real bullet, his arm would of had a big hole blasted through it. Due to his armor trying to make the battle as realistic as possible, his entire arm was disabled and the shield fell to the ground, leaving him with 5% health remaining. His AIES gave him the image of an overly-cute neko bowing in apology.

Yasuo, who just reached the main combat zone, found Kai behind some cover. From the looks of Kai's limp and his unmoving arm, he must of been pretty badly wounded. His new teammate ran up near him and gave a look around. "Nothing's firing at us at the moment. Can you walk?"

After Kumiko's three shots missed their mark, nothing was heard except the echo of the shots. Noboru, Kumiko, and Saki were hidden behind cover on one side, with Yoroko and Yuril on the other. The eerie silence continued and would continue until someone dared to break it.

After his recent encounter with Yasuo, Kiyoshi decided it would be best if he ran up closer to the top of the hill to get a better view of the battle. He was thinking that to win, maybe his team could still complete their objective. "I have an idea," Kiyoshi sent to his teammates. "Devonus and I are pretty badly wounded. If Kumiko, Noboru, and Saki make a run for the hill, we'll hold them off while you make a break for it. It will only count if we all make it or die, so be sure to stay up there until either we both die or join you."

After he sent that, he sent a quick private message to Devonus. "That's alright with you I'm guessing? With how you almost sacrificed yourself a minute ago, I doubt your view has changed." Once he was near the battle, he carefully got near the log Devonus was using for cover. He was far enough away that a grenade could not kill them both.

With the energy of Kiyoshi rushing to the battle field and relaying his plan, he completely missed his AIES warning him of Krasus getting out of his armor.

"Yeah, I can walk" Kai replied to Yasuo, his left arm hanging limp, the right, though not much use, was used to scoop up the LASR and attach it to his leg, just in case. He also hefted that shield onto his his back, it would still be good for just that much more protection. "Is there any way for us to 'fix' our armors?" He asked. It would be very helpful, as now he was mostly carrying the armor rather than being enhanced by it's strength. The weight of his LASR and shield slowed him down a little, too, but he didnt care.

Good idea. Now I suspect you wish for me and the rest of Class 2 to sprout wings and fly over to the hilltop? Me and Saki are pinned down right now and I don't dare risk moving or I'll get torn to bits. Noboru sent the semi-aggressive message to Kiyoshi.

Kiyoshi ignored his teammate's annoyed tone. They were in a battle so it made sense to be frustrated. "Devonus and I will distract them with some fire while you retreat. You three have the most health and can stand a few hits. Once your ready, we'll rush and draw fire away from you. Just send a signal when your team is ready"

Yasuo shrugged his shoulders. "Looks like all you can do is deal with the damage, Kai. Just have me take point so you can stay in a while longer."

Yuril remained silent, prone, her eyes carefully scanning the foilage around her... She knew Class 2 was in the area but just not where. The neko could risk getting up and looking for them, but that would be foolhardy and make her easier to find. No, she'd have to wait in silence... Wait for her moment.

"Oh damn!!" He said, watching from some ferns, seeing Kai lose his shield...
Kai is down, he might be functional-oh wait, one of his team members is moving up.

Well he was quite happy to see that he was to be sacrificed, his dark sadistic sense of honor making him happy to take a few enemies out in the process of saving his allies.... but first there was kai he wanted to take the bastard out.

His drones were still around kai, and the ally that came to help kai obviously didn't see them and had left him viewing them both. He sent the computer the mental instructions for visual overlay and began taking aim for Kai's left side, where the shield hopefully wouldn't be able to block.

They should probaby wait till dark before trying to take off without us, give them better coverage.

He then fired at kai.

Yoroko didn't dare move, her AIES wasn't showing where class 2 was which meant that they could be anywhere. Instead she deployed her drones and had them run a search pattern for class 2, relaying it all back to her.

Kumiko sent out drones to set up a defensive screen, and possibly give her an early warning of anything incoming. That plan is fine for me, I haven't yet been hit. If you can cover, I can make it, but we need Saki and Noboru to go too, unless you want me to cover as well. Kumiko got a bit lower, and hunkered down to wait for an answer, primed to fire at any time.

While Yasuo was distracted assessing Kai, Devonus's drones went unnoticed. They lined up a perfect shot and uploaded the coordinates to Devonus's AIES. The shot was taken without hesitation and the shot hit directly in the left side of Kai's armor. The force from the round toppled him over and his HUD dimmed, showing a small, red message. KIA.

"Shit!" Yasuo exclaimed when he saw his teammate die before him. "Kai's been KA- I mean KIA!" he sent telepathically. Without any handicaps, Yasuo was able to nimbly jump behind a tree and lob a grenade at Devonus's direction in one fluid motion. He cursed at himself for letting his teammate die. He sighed to calm himself down. Anyone can die. I died before and he died now. Rather cruel for us to experience death over and over again.

"Krasus, how the battle going?", he heard telepathically. It sounded like the drill instructor. "The Mishhu appear to be halting their attack. Seems like they either got what they wanted or found no reason to bother with us... Anyway, we are still on low alert. Once I tell you that the alert is over, make sure your team gets back to the base ASAP. Got it?"

Kiyoshi took a deep breath and exhaled. He motioned to Devonus with three fingers. Two fingers. One. Once the last finger moved, he ran out from behind cover and closed the gap between Class One and his surviving teammates. There was no way Class One could not have seen the advance. The rest of Class Two had yet to be revealed, for they had not made their move.

"GO, RUN," he shouted over the secure radio channel to Noboru, Kumiko, and Saki. He found a reasonable tree for cover and fired some rounds in the general direction of the enemy. Alright, lets do this, he thought to himself.

"Crap!" The young man yelled at the HUD as he fell over, wondering how someone with the same disabilities as him could aim so well from so far away. "Whatever" Kai said with a growl, His AIES apologising to him over and over. "It's not your fault" He said to it giving it what could be called a mental pat on the back. Noting his HUD said Krasus was out of the battle too, he messaged him saying "Since we're out, lets head back to the fort and find something else to do." With that , he got up, activated the Jump pack, and flew over the forest back to the fort at a liesurely pace, watching little skirmishes here and there under the trees, wishing he could still be down there.

The knowledge that Kai had been KIA, stung at the neko like if someone just jabbed a icy needle in her leg. It wasn't very reassuring to know they were down one, and the fact they hadn't even been able to protect him at all.

Gomen Kai... Going to have to take down a few more of Class Two to even this out...

But that shouldn't be too hard, as it seemed Class Two had taken up the idea of charging up the hill for a win. Yuril wasn't about to let them take it easily though as she lined up shots with her SLAG and intended to rain down practice, chalk doom upon their poor souls.

"C'MON, SAKI, LET'S ROCK AND ROLL!" Noboru slapped a hand onto Saki's wrist and took off sprinting down the incline behind which the pair was hiding. Noboru's shield arm was up and protecting his left side, his right arm guiding Saki through the weaving path he was using to approach the hill.

Holding back momentarily,getting a feeling that this would turn out badly, Kumiko ran slightly roundabout, away from where the fighting had been, and tried to keep under cover as much as possible.Guys, don't forget to watch yourselves while you're running, the sniper is still out there somewhere.

Yoroko reloaded her SLAG before bringing her rifle to bear down upon Devonus. Moving quickly Yoroko fired a burst of bullets at Devonus, swung her rifle toward Kiyoshi and launched a SLAG round his way. "Copy that. Yoroko said over the comms channel. "We have two targets charging us, Devonus is severely weakened so he won't be too much of an issue for long. That leaves 2 more somewhere, probably planning to flank us Yoroko sent through encrypted telepathy to the team.

Devonus was moving extremly slow do to the damage he had taken, this was obvious by the way Kiyoshi was pulling away at an astounding rate and devonus was lagging behind.

I have a feeling i'm gonna die soon, Kiyoshi i'm giving you command over my drones, they've still go a visual on that guy who was talking to Kai when i killed him.

He gave his drones the mental command to link with Kiyoshi's armor, and and went prone behind a fallen tree. He heard gun shots from somewhere, probably that damb sniper, and blind fired over the tree in that general direction.

Well I hope Kai and Krasus don't get to far away when i Die, i think i'll take us all out for a drink for being the first KIAs.

With their two teammates valiantly sacrificing themselves to hold off the enemy, the three recruits managed to make it away from the battle unscathed. The top of the hill would take about a minute to reach. Whether they could make it all the way or not, was up to them.

Kiyoshi was silent when Devonus gave him the drones. He couldn't think of much to say to a teammate admitting death had reached his door. Kiyoshi got behind what little cover he had, and fired off a burst at Yoroko. They don't have much health either, maybe we still have a chance... he thought.

Seeing the grenades in time, Kiyoshi pushed back with his front leg and rolled on the ground. Devonus, on the other hand, may have saw them, but could not have moved in time. The bullets fired may have missed, but the grenades plastered him in white chalk and the message he was expecting appeared. KIA

Yasuo caught sight of an armor running up the hill. After debating staying with his team, or ambushing the fleeing enemy, he decided on the later. Looks like you have the situation handled. I'll pursue the ones making a run for it, he sent to his team. With that, he turned from the battle and ran towards his enemy.

Krasus heard Kai's message and decided it was a good idea. He had gone a ways from his armor, so it would take him a while to reach it again.

Kai landed just outside of the armor bay, with his shield and LASR on the racks of the armor. He casually walked around the corner but what he saw stopped his movements. A lone neko was in the armor bay, without her feet on the ground. As his brain deciphered the situation, he saw that the neko was held up in the air, by about a dozen tentacles. A Mishhuvurthyar. Before he could do anything, another tentacle drove straight through the neko's chest.

Satisfied with what it had done, the Mishhu threw down the neko and floated to the other end of the armor bay. Either the Mishhu didn't see him, or it didn't see the attack worthwhile. "You don't have a chance to win," his AIES said. "Best option would be to run and regroup. If you can get away that is..."

"Ho-ly Shit..." Kai said watching the scene unfold before him. His active camo blinked him out of visible existense. He silently reached for the LASR and shiled on his racks and equipped them while backing up slowly. He had heard somewher that Mishhu were strong telepaths, and sent a radio message to any Power Armors who could hear, and to the two teams fighting each other in the forest "SHIT! THERES A MISHHU IN THE HANGAR! IT JUST KILLED A NEKO!" He yelled into the Coms to show his urgency. As quickly as he could silently, he switched out the dummy magazine for one of the real ones he'd brought "I NEED BACKUP, LIKE NOW!"

Noboru was the first to react. When he heard the call, he whirled in mid step and tripped, falling backwards onto the ground.

"You'd better not be joking, Nakamura! If you are, i'll come back to that hangar and shove this LASR straight up your sorry ass!" With that, he released his grip on Saki's arm and ran back to the hangar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back