• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Fort Ready Class 3 - Another Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
The night past without much drama, with the instructors now taking shifts outside to watch for slippery recruits. To make up for having to wait out since the security system ignores the friendly targets, the recruits were woken up around five on their day off. Normally, this would seem fine, if not a blessing, but they were woken up with a very loud, high pitched screech that played for over five minutes until one the recruits smashed the speaker.

The instructor looked pleased at the rebellious Yamataian, but still made him run a lap for destruction of property. After breakfast, the recruits were shown to the buses that would run and take them into town.

"Just be sure to make it back by 1800 hours," the instructor told the recruits, following it up with a lecture on protecting themselves, referencing what happened to the last class, and encouraged them to bring their new pistols.

Kazuma was about to talk to Satomi, but he figured she'd have a massive hangover from last night and avoided the confrontation. He didn't see anyone else from yesterday nearby so he resorted to waving his arms and blatantly shouting. "Kaze, Nova, anyone else! Group party here, full of fun times, you know you want to!"

Maya was still sleeping when the wake up call was announced at 5a.m. but even that was not enough to wake Maya up that morning, all it did was stir Maya up from her sleeping a little. "Mmmmm Mmm Ohh No mommy, I don't want to go to school today.... *snore*" Suddenly the most awful noise you could hear sprang from the PA system once again, just like yesterday, surprisingly awoke Maya from her sleep and thanks to her high natural Neko agility, made her jump out of bed high enough to hit her head on the ceiling, leaving a nice crack up there. Luckily, Maya landed bank on the top bunk instead of the floor this time and began rubbing her head while looking at the crack at the ceiling. "Man, I got to get outta here, this place is going to kill me!"

With that Maya slowly got outta bed and carefully stepped over Satomi's still drunk form while headed towards the showers for a quick rinse since she had already took a shower the night before however she had plans for the early morning that she wanted to spend some time on. As she finished with her shower, Maya walked up to the mirror to look at herself. She look the same as ever in the mirror but however noticed the sight of her plain-jane straight hair just didn't agree with her, probably due to the new personality subroutines that is now dynamically being programmed into her subconscious. She decided to spend some of the morning changing it into something else that she saw on an ad during the shuttle trip to Nataria and was also supposed to be all the rage for some young people on Nepleslia but would certainly be against traditional Yamataian straightened hair norms. Taking clumps of her hair, she began knotting and braiding them together into dreadlocks until she got the desired look.

When she was finished, she now had an wild exotic deadlock look that was sure to get attention and she figured for more formal occasions she could just tie it all back into a ponytail. With that finally done, Maya walked over to hers bunk's storage locker and pulled out the only civie clothes she had when she first arrived on Natria for the trip. She first pulled out a black leather catsuit that zips up from the front that could leave a good amount of cleavage if the wearer desired and pretty muck covers the entire body. Since this wasn't exactly a special occasion, Maya slipped it on and zipped it all the way up to the collier. Next she took out a pair of black leather thigh-high boots with five inch heels and put them on one by one and it was nice that they added a few extra inches to her hight. Next she took out a large black leather jacket and Maya puts it on over the the catsuit. Finally she took out her pair Uno Sunglasses and slipped them on her head to complete the look.

She wonders,with an outfit like this, if she could walk among Nepleslians and if they wouldn't even notice she was even a Nekovalkyrja. Just then there was an announcement from one of the instructors that if anyone plans on going off base then they should be back by 1800 hours and had encouraged them to bring there new pistols with them. Maya had no arguments about that so she took out the pistol belt and holster along with the Type 28 Training Pistol that came with and snapped it on around her thin waist until it was tight and the holster was hanging by her side. However a thought came to her, if she actually had to shoot anyone, what good would a popgun like this do for her, Then she remembered about the "loyalty bonus" that the Empress and one of the Taishos were giving away to all Star Army personnel after that whole Yamatai/UOC split debacle not too long ago. She pulled out the Type 29 Nekovalkyrja Service Pistol that had arrived sometime yesterday and was glad about the timing of the situations. "At least I have a real gun to resort to if I ever have to defend myself with." With that, Maya strapped on an ankle holster and secured the Type 29 NSP into it

With all that finally done and over, Maya decided to skip breakfast and to get the hell out of here for a change and started heading towards the bus terminals. When she got there, she saw Kazuma who for some reason was yelling at the top of his lungs and waving his arms around like an idiot as usual. To think that this was the same Kazuma who supposedly sacrificed his life to the Mishhu during the fake bus attack to buy Maya the time needed to help evacuate all the other survivors from the area and yet Maya still couldn't forget how Kazuma acted like he was trying to feel her up and take advantage of her when she was shot unconscious during the combat training and how much of a smug bastard and pompous asshole that guy really turned out to be. "Screw him, he can have all his fun all by his lonesome for all I care and besides, I doubt he'll be able to recognize me looking like this anyway." Maya headed for the bus that was headed for the town and climbed on in. "Try not to crash the bus on our way to town, I don't want to have to deal with another test on my day off." She said as she passed the driver who she thinks just gave her a confused look. Maya took a seat in one of the back rows and tried to lie back and relax a little. "Let's see what the rest of this planet has to offer."

The recruits shuffled onto a bus, every seat full with forty recruits shoved on board, a few having to stand. Most were in their Star Army uniforms, but a few had civilian clothes they brought. Kazuma sat up front, wearing a white, short-sleeved, button-up shirt over a plain green tee-shirt with blue jeans. He was seated next to a quiet female recruit whose face kept glancing over at him and back to the floor.

The bus finally arrived at a small town after about twenty minutes of driving. The recruits shuffled off the bus and congregated around some wooden benches, looking around at the different shops. Down the elegant stone sidewalks were stores selling many standard items, from guns, clothes, sweets, food, and other goods, as well as a bank and a travel agency. Kazuma got off the bus and stretched his arms while looking around, not sure of any stores he would want to hit.

When the bus finally arrived at the town, Maya got off and followed the other recruits to the rest of the congregation by the benches. Since Maya skipped breakfast, she was thinking of stopping by one of the cafes for some real food instead typical military cafeteria food. While Maya was looking around, Maya spotted Kazuma who was also looking like he was looking for something to do. Maya, starting to feel a little bad about avoiding him earlier, started to walk up behind him to get his attention and besides it's no fun to eat by yourself. Maya gave Kazuma a tap on the shoulder. "Hey Kazuma, relax, its just me under this get up, look I was wondering if you wanted to go with me to get a bite to eat or something?"

Kazuma turned around to look at who tapped his shoulder, recognizing the voice behind him. Only, he wasn't expecting her to be almost half a foot taller, which made him blink a few times in surprise when they saw eye to eye. "If you didn't speak I wouldn't of recognized you. We were rushed out pretty was, so lets walk around and see if we can find a good store."

He started to walk down the street in the direction of the shops. "Yeah, I wanted to at least apologize for the comments I made in the battle. Seemed like a good idea at the time to catch you off guard and to get away, but obviously it wasn't."

He was quick to change the subject to something worth a conversation.
"ANYWAY, where do you want to eat, any preferences?"

Maya was wondering the same thing about what the heck were they going to eat, following her natural neko tendencies when come to food the choice was natural. "How about steak and rice balls? There's got to be a Sobe Shop or something around here."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back