• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: Fort Ready Class 3 - Another Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yumiko was thinking aloud: “I don’t think this plan is good at all ... we have no idea of how far the barracks are supposed to be – we could run all the night long and still be pretty far away from it. Besides, IT has attacked only those, who went to the woods and were alone. We might actually be safer here – in the group and near the fire.” She quickly looked over the embers with discouraging face and realized this wouldn’t work either.

When she raised her head, Yumiko saw Maya and Kazuma about twenty yards away. “Hey guys!” She left her plans right there and rushed forth.

Kazuma slowed his pace temporarily to let Yumiko catch up, who had just started running. Before he could tell what happened, Yumiko was down on the ground, landing face first. It appeared that one of the tentacles had reached out and tripped her. The enemy began to reach for the downed neko, but Kazuma managed to react in time and stomped on the unsuspecting tentacle. While the enemy reeled back in surprise, Kazuma helped her up and started to run.

It looked like they were okay for now, but an unsuspecting Kazuma was suddenly jerked up into the trees and after a second of screaming was silenced. The two survivors could see the base about half a mile away. They had little choice but to either run or fight.

Maya was still running on the road but after hearing Kazuma's final cries was enough to make her sprint like never before. "Sorry Kazuma, Ill make sure your death is not in vain." If nothing else his sacrifice at least bought them some time but finally Maya can see the lights of the base in the distant night.

It looked to be about a half a mile away so if they just ran as fast as they could they could make it. Maya then stopped for a moment to wait for Yumiko to catch up and when she finally did Maya grabbed her by the hand and starting running again as fast she could motioning Yumiko to follow. "Come on sis we can make it if we hurry!"

As Maya started to run again, pulling her sister along, there was a rustling in the trees ahead of them. Suddenly out of the forest burst a black haired neko. Just as the neko cleared the forest she tripped on a low-lying branch. Due to the neko's high speed she skidded and rolled to a stop in front of Maya.

"Sorry!!" Kuriko said as she stood up and brushed the dirt off of herself. "I think I lost them...." Kuriko said as glanced back to the woods.

Not long after Kuriko burst from the forest, a blue-haired neko burst from the same patch of bushes. She was looking backwards and ended up ramming into the black-haired neko. "Gomen Nasai, Kuriko-chan!" the hyperactive Neko apoligised, looking at the other two Nekos coming their way. "Ah! we have a bigger group now! more protection" she said, jumping a little before noting a few ominous noises and the four hearing another "HU HU HU" in the backs of their minds. not taking a second look, she ran down the roadway, towards safety.

"Ahhhh!" Maya yelled as she almost tripped over Kuriko who just seemed to appear out of nowhere. Maya then looked at the newcomer. "Listen I don't know who you are or how you got here sis but that mishu is right behind us and we have to get out of here!!!."

Saving the introductions for later, Maya then quickly grabbed Kurko's hand with her other free one and continued to run for the base dragging both Yumiko and Kuriko in tow behind her.

There were both surprise and horror from Kazuma’s quick death in Yumiko’s eyes. She had dust on her face as well as on all of her clothes, as the tentacle tipped her down. She felt at least little safety now when Maya was holding her hand, pushing her towards the Fort.

When the neko appeared in front of her and Maya, Yumiko stared at her and trying not to slow down, she stammered: “Egh what ... who ...? Just run you! The base is over there.”

The short distance to the base was covered quickly, with the recruits running at full speed. On top of the nearest building, Kiyoshi was standing with sniper in hand, holding off the enemy with a handful of instructors. The group of four walked in and all was quiet for the next few minutes.

Suddenly, another door opened and the "fallen" recruits walked into the base. Among them was Kazuma, hands in pockets, with an annoyed look on his face. The short, black haired instructor followed them out from the door. "Alright, shut it down. I'll round up those who didn't make it," he said while walking out the door the four came through.

As they were passing into the base perimeter, Maya was screaming as loud as she could. "RED ALERT!!! RED ALERT!!! SMX AT THE PERIMETER!!! I REPEAT!!! SMX AT THE PERIMETER!!!" After they were finally in the confines of the base, Maya let go of Yumiko and Kuriko and she collapsed on the floor face down, panting in exhaustion and still feeling the adrenaline rush.

She then opened her eyes and looked up shocked to see Kazuma and the other "dead'" recruits staring down at them. Maya then jumped at Kazuma, hugging his leg and happily crying. "KAZUMA!!! Your alive!!! Oh thank the stars your alright!!!" Then a second realization came to her. "BUT... BUT... YOU DIED!!! WHATS GOING ON HERE?!?!"

As they ran through the door, Yumiko was trying to catch her breath. After a while she kneeled down, next to Maya, to see if she’s ok. Few moments later, she noticed the “fallen” recruits walking in. She was stunned. “This isn’t happening. It can’t be.” When Kazuma came closer to them, she stood up and walked over to him to hug him. He tried to save her after all. But when she saw his annoyed look, Yumiko frozen with expression full of doubt. “Kazuma?”

Was it all a lie? Kazuma thought as he walked into the base. Or were we saved? His face showed his annoyance, but was quickly changed to surprise when Maya latched onto his leg. The surprise caused him to slip on the wet ground and to fall backwards.

He shook his head and wiped the mud off of his shirt. "Well, first I was attacked by that Mishhu, then after I'm in another bus right outside of the base!" He stood up and wiped off his pants. "I'm not sure what's going on, but" he said turning to them with a smile, "I'm glad you ladies are all right."

Kiyoshi put down the sniper rifle and stretched his arms. "Good job halting the enemy everyone," Kiyoshi said to the others. "At least when I came here, I wasn't forced to battle instantly." He then walked down the stairs and to the same large hall he went to at the beginning of his training.

"You have five minutes to recover, then meet in the large hall right over there," the short, black haired instructor said while pointing to a building.

After getting up, Maya sat at a nearby bench and took 5 minutes to recover after all that running. Other then a few scrapes and bruises and out of breath "not to mention the indecency of being fondled" she was otherwise okay. "By the Empress, what I'd do for a shower, a hot meal, and a good nights sleep right about now."

At this point she was ready to head down to armory to get some power armor and all the weapons and ammo she can carry for some well deserved payback. "That Mishhu is dead meat if I ever see it again." Maya then got up to address everyone. "I'll be at the hall if anyone needs me."

Kuriko stood off to the side, not wanting to interrupt what could have been an intimate situation between Kazuma and Maya. The neko focused all of her attention on the pair trying to determine how well they knew each other.

When it looked like it wasn't going to go much further Kuriko walked up to Yumiko, who seemed to be in a state of disbelief, "Anou, are you okay?" Kuriko asked.

"You'll probably just run away if it shows up again," Kazuma responded sarcastically. "Anyway, lets head down to the meeting hall," he said, catching up to Maya.

Satomi had already been in the room, pacing around, and hadn't really been paying attention. She did hear the mention of the meeting hall, and soon her blue-topped head could be seen bobbing down the hallway.

After finishing up on the rooftop, Kail walked through a few hallways, and through a back door on to the stage of the meeting hall. She would be the one talking to everyone, and she had to keep her thoughts organized, and make sure she could explain to the recruits exactly what had just happened.

"If I did then I might as well find a new line of work." Maya sarcastically replies to Kazuma. As Maya was approaching the halls main doors and about to walk through, instead she just slams right into them face first with a BANG. "OUCH!!!"

Maya then begins rubbing her face especially her crunched nose. "The automatic door isn't working!" She than looks as a recruit pushes the hall door open and steps outside who seems to be slightly laughing at her situation. "Oh... I knew THAT!!!" She then steps inside following Kozuma.

A blue haired figure greeted Maya an the other side of the door. "Hah! you're such a spaz!" Satomi said, grinning and giggling at the less fortunate classmate of hers. "I'm Inora Satomi, by the way. what's you're name?" she asked, even though she seemed to immediately lose interest and look away, seeing as an instructor had appeared on stage. "ooh, they're gonna talk soon. Maybe they're telling us they killed all the Mishhu."

Maya was standing attentively, waiting for the instructor to speak but she couldn't forget Inora's last remark. She mutters under her breath. "Spaz huh, shows what you know, I'll show you spaz." She gives her a quick tugging at the eye, accompanied by a sticking out of the tongue when she wasn't looking.

Still standing outside, Yumiko watched Maya and Kazuma going to the meeting hall. Then she realized someone talking to her. She turned her head towards the neko, who ran with them. “Ah ... am I ok? I’m not sure. He had died, saving me and then walked alive again. I just don’t get it. Give me a minute for myself please, would you?” She sat down to the floor, hiding her face to the hands. She didn’t move for some time. “My first day wasn’t supposed to look like this!” muttered she through her fingers. It must have looked like she’s going to start crying every moment... .

But she didn’t. After a while she stood up, trying to sound as calm as possible. “All of this must have a logical explanation. I’m sure of it.” She turned to Kuriko again, saying: “let’s go to the hall to hear it. And are YOU ok? You were running like that thing was right behind you, when we met you. Are you hurt?”

"I am fine." Kuriko responded, "I think I lost it at some point as I was running through the forest. Luckily, I wasn't hurt too badly, I have a few bruises from the fall though..." Kuriko pulled back the clothing covering her arm so that Yumiko could see some of the bruises, although they were rapidly faiding away due to Kuriko's hemosynthesis.

"We should probably get going soon," Kuriko paused for a second trying to think of the neko's name. "Anou, what is your name?" Kuriko asked as politely as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back