• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Conference Discussion

How would the Nepleslians immediately get such information? I mean, the Empress hasn't even been notified yet. I think you just metagamed.

I assumed things like assaults on communications and military structures, especially on as wide a scale as this, would be noticed more or less immediately, especially by the Yamataians. It was not my intention to metagame, and I'll remove the posts if necessary.

There is a lot of confusion right now and communications are being jammed at the sites of the invasion, so notification will not be immediate. It will come, though.

Wes, I've never actually posted that my ambassadors left for Jaspis. Would it be alright if I acted like they were still here, so they can learn about the NMX?

"All the rest" dudes, while I have no problem with you getting your zombie hunt on, please note that the percentage of infected is pretty small. I imagine that with all the Star Army troops and heavily armed Red smugglers and Green diplomats, the zombie attacks should be subdued in a few minutes.

It's also outpacing what's going on inside the conference room by a quick margin, not to mention. Tooooom oh, where is Tom? Le sigh.

Aside from the nagging point that the Reds and Greens would have turned on each other at any random chance. <_<

I'm aware of what the wiki says about it, but I'm doubting it's going to feel 'good', since it's three children, not one?

A thing to remember is that there is little mystique or wonder about youngling childbirth. There is very little surprise, as it's all preplanned - Akina should not be having triplets unless she planned for it, really... and she ought to likely know everything about how they are physically and how they are going to grow up (just like a neko transferring to a Yamataian body has full decisions over the settings of the new body).

Though perhaps anti-climatic, a 8-inch tall youngling really would have little trouble getting out, as contrary to a baby they are pretty slim (one inch wide at the shoulder). Getting out of the female womb would be a breeze considering they can just flatten themselves straight and whiz out either by crawling or even using anti-gravity to emerge.

This is nowhere nearly as dramatic as a baby's head, and the three youngling are far from helpless even as they emerge. Heck, even if their mother is somehow struck witless by the 'event', they can probably telepathically confer with each other and coordinate for a 'delivery' with a minimum of fuss. For them, this is just as mundane as a sprite technician crawling through a maintenance crawlway of a ship.

Though there's the whole "I'm finally emerging from my mother's womb!" feeling of wonder and stuff. Younglings - because of the time spent in their mothers - are generally far more developped mentally than a newborn sprite (and the only real thing they gain my body growth - regarding brain - is memory capacity and processing power).

Heh. Odds are if Akina was caught by surprise that her 'kids' got rebellious with all the boring talk with important people and decided to steal the show. =P

Thanks professor buzz kill. Someone is waiting to take your picture in the airlock.

Anyway, it assumes a lot about the pregnancy, but there's a reason for all of those things, which I've thought of. Sorry to crash the peanut parrrrty.

(Also, don't forget they're part Katsuko's kids so they might do anything...they're crazy.)

Indeed. I'll repeat again: the 2nd IRC is dangerously close to being dead, with interest in it quite clearly waning. I suggest some manner of closure be applied, or that all involved seriously get their behinds into high gear (no disrespect meant).

Funny you mentioned it just now, I've been working on a post today, before checking the ooc thread.

Also those of you in the other line of action will have things wind down after I finish the baby post here.

About time those babies finished getting born. I'd been getting my hopes dashed on updates for a few weeks now.

I kept expecting more posts that never happened, so I'll keep updating whenever I get a post or two, or a certain number of days pass. We're almost out of there anyway.

Though it would be very fun for Davis to name the middle one!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…