Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Conference Discussion

Lilly said:
Okay if you don't say there's sensor data in the first place it's not fair to use it later when trying to make someone look foolish. She obviously wouldn't have asked for it if that was mentioned specifically in the narrative, in any spot.

Also there's no real dislike 'obvious' coming from Akina, Tom. Just because she's corrected him doesn't mean she was being mean about it. It takes more than that to rile her. Nya.

Battle Footage dear would HAVE sensor data. :roll:

Dear, Battle Footage is derived from the ships in the battle, the footage, is taken from ship sensors which would naturally be attached along with the footage. >.> Semantics aside, you have your sensor data. So, enough of this, and let's get back to the matters at hand. I'm in no mood for arguments.

It's not an argument unless you make it one.

Footage is not saying sensor data. You're making us responsible for something unclear on your part. In fact it was mentioned as news most primarily. It's not semantics either. However it is not fair to use that later on when you aren't specific enough. Please just fix it? I don't appreciate how condescending or dismissive your tone is either.

Uh, no? I said specifically, News Clips, Battle Footage, and Testimony. Just because Akina didn't dig deeper or you didn't ask me before hand in a PM if sensor data was included in the battle footage I'm not changing it. You had the opportunity to ask before hand, before posting. And should've known what comes along with footage from ships which the footage is derived from.

So, stop badgering the issue.

Battle footage does not indicate sensor data. It's insulting that you're fighting so hard when 'battle footage' inherintly cannot contain data without you saying so in the narrative, and you're trying to cover for it. Even defined that is not obvious.

foot·age (fŏŏt'ĭj) n.

1. Length, extent, or amount based on measurement in feet: estimated the square footage of new office space.
1. An amount or length of film or videotape.
2. A shot or series of shots of a specified nature or subject: news footage of the royal wedding.

I'm sorry, not my fault. Please just fix the error and stop dragging it out? Unless you see something in there that includes sensor data in various forms other than visual?

Stop. Enough already.

Roleplay is a cooperative, interactive venture from the start. It does not mean that one character will always be portrayed at his or her best, it means there will be oversights and usually, it's much better to roll with the punches for then go onward from there. Really, it happens with the best of us.

Lilly, you can easily just have Akina have been unfamiliar with the presentation of the OS on the datapad - the UOC doesn't use Kessaku-based software anymore so it could just have been Akina missing out on the navigation options of the datapad due to unfamiliarity with it. Perhaps the first topic was displayed and she had not recognized the tab which lead back to viewing the table of content divulging the rest of the information on it.

You can just go with that and just move on to doing the more important part: the roleplaying.

Hey, I'm going for a trip because of the Christmas Holiday, so I might not be able to post.
But when I can, I will, so don't count me out.

Eh... Hope this wasn't the wrong thread, didn't see any other OOC Discussion topics in the list for the conference.

I'm going on a trip too, from the 23rd to approximately the 27th, plus or minus a day or two. I will have net access though, I think.

I'd hoped Andrew would've stepped in, but he's been totally busy, and Kim has been as well. I myself have, only now just started posting in something symbolizing a normal schedule.

Only the actual political people that were talking died. Mostly. There were some casualties in the not-so-important-people section... but oh well.

I am ready to RP in the diplomacy thread as soon as a UOC faction person posts. It's been a ridiculously long time waiting.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back