• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Conference Discussion

That being said, I could likely toss up a page about the Embassy park for the Gartagen home world. Between that and We do not view it as a good host thing, the IRC reminds us that we are all apart of this forum, and we would do well to show case ALL the races, variety is a good thing and we have gotten positive commentary from new people because of the other factions

I like the idea of it being on DAWN. It is nicely neutral, while still being technically Yamatai. And it is well defensed place with a lot of comfort so security will be of no concern really.

Since no election really was held, Yuumi is retained as Premier, so she'll be playing hostess. With the end of the Mishhu wars, now's a good opportunity to get some formalized relations going with other nations.

Arieg makes the good point, however, that trade isn't really a concern in SARP. So there isn't much to talk about other than borders and relations.

Reactions: Ira
Chelti probably won't be turning up. They've only butted heads with the Gartagens and Lazarus so far, and chelti are not really in range of the Yamataian sphere of influence. They were made for smaller factions to play with after all. As for future IRC's, it's unlikely that chelti will attend those on Yamatai due to the lack of respecting diplomatic immunity. Practically asking for heads to be cut off in a species where true peace is the atypical state sub-factions. Also, smoking space weed.

I might have Koto attend, mostly to try to seduce exotic species and drink free whiskey. In case anything interesting happens. It's all on Yuumi's tab anyway.

I think after the last few International Relations Conferences, I think a position would be open for a janitor/cleaner. (fighting, giving birth and apprehending fugitives is messy work after all.)

Don't worry, his employment history's good. He worked for Origin, was reskilled by Lazarus, worked for Origin again and helped Aerin Tatst personally. (He must be a swell guy, then!)

He also does as he's told, he's a quick learner and knows good Yamatai-go.

I think having Morioka there is a terrible idea, considering the disruption she caused last time by trying to arrest Wazu, and because she has no legitimate reason to be there. And anyone associated with Lazarus is a persona non grata in Yamatai.

No it wasn't. It derailed the whole conference and contributed to Zack being unfairly banned.

I think the general consensus among the majority of the site was that the ban was completely and utterly deserved. And it WAS funny at the time, too.

As if he wears the Lazarus thing on his sleeve. You'd just be powergaming if suddenly you can just look at him and say: "yeah he's associated with lazarus he must obviously eat babies and worship the devil."

'Sides. I've always wanted to be in one of these things somehow, and you guys need a janitor. Simple fact.

I dunno. I think for diplomacy corporations should be left out of it. I think each faction should allow for two players to attend as representatives tops. That being said, I have an additional diploma slot if anybody wants to be apart of the Union delegation.

And I'm with wes, Wazu's treatment was silly and let ooc stuff bleed into ic stuff. I am going to be pushing for more orderly conduct this year. It was kind of my fault anyway and I want to make it better.

Reactions: Wes
I am not representing corporate interests, pushing an agenda or anything like that. The character I'm putting in is just one of perhaps thousands of civilians hired to keep the event tidy, prepare rooms and make sure the Delegates feel like they are in a professional environment. Sometimes, I wish the people who did these jobs got some recognition for their efforts. Just look at the Olympics.

I don't think they'll allow anyone in who didn't have an extensive security and background check, and only loyal Yamataian citizens. I mean, it's got the leaders of all the important nations there, so security is a massive priority.

In that case why don't I send a floating Mishhu with Groucho Marx glasses who manages to pass the security and background checks and is indeed a loyal citizen who won't tattle, and won't subvert the proceedings, and indeed even if presented with the opportunity, won't because he's loyal to the Empress?

He can be Bob the Mishhu Janitor's cousin. Better yet, send Bob. (I believe he's @Soresu and @Toshiro 's creation, made for the Asamoya and/or Miharu.)

"additional diploma slot" @Ira - I want a diploma making me a Doctor of Mumbo-Jumbo!

I support the representation of Mishhu in the IRC.

Keep in mind that Hanako has 3 Mishhuvurthyar children.

I guess I could take my admiral guy along Ira. He is not friendliest of faces tho and can be a bit crude.

I support the representation of Mishhu in the IRC.

The last time that happened, Yamatai ruined its hard-won chance to continue discourse, argue or negociate with one of the most reasonable Mishhuvurthyar representatives they could've had at the table by trying to have her arrested for things that were largely inconsequential in the grander scheme of things.

Ironically, with Melisson in willing captivity at Yamatai, she's actually a mishhuvurthyar representative they'd have on hand to represent a majority of the SMX. Her attending would be circumstancially hillarious, though - knowing Wes - also really unlikely. Bringing her in person would be a huge risk, though it could justify Kotori being around (as Kotori renders Melisson rather impotent psionically). Senate-style volumetric projection from where Melisson is confined would probably make a whole lot more sense, though.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…