Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Conference Discussion

Yamatai is of the opinion that Melisson can no longer speak on behalf of the Mishhuvurthyar, due to her loss of command and because she's been away from them for so long.

Wes, Just so I can make sure it is kosher before my fishy delegates show up. Azorea can come to the conference right?

I have one maybe two players besides me lined up to play delegates for it. And we are excited to get this moving. :D

Aendri said:
I think the general consensus among the majority of the site was that the ban was completely and utterly deserved. And it WAS funny at the time, too.

I think it's reasonable to say that, sans Uso, the likelihood of the event repeating itself is extremely slim and ICly, without going too far into it, the Wazu incident was very debatable. After Doshii put the clamps down and the OOC nonsense stopped, the event did, if marginally, improve the relationship we had with our biggest neighbor - and that was its intention. I also want to point out that Morioka, being a military person, can be ordered to do things by higher command - and will have to obey those orders. You could stand her down at any time.

I would not normally remind, but it seems to be worth mentioning, since I'm still not sure if you forgot this deliberately or not last IRC: She works for you. Telepathy/brain-email is a thing which exists.

Also, I don't think it's too far out of left field to include a military representative in Yamatai's delegation since, otherwise, it's only Yuumi.

Last edited:
Doshii and I did talk about the possibility of Kotori attending the IRC before. Kotori is a Ketsurui, she's had little political facetime, and Yuumi could see it as a good experience (and positive reinforcement) for the younger Ketsurui noble.

Having a significant role, though, is probably something Kotori wouldn't have beyond being an aide. As the person whom pushed nekos to be recognized as a species, she's probably 'controversial', and likely not Yui's favorite (or most trusted) person. Besides, Kotori doesn't have the political savvy to do more than just get her feet wet anyways - I see no need to have her become internationally more significant (or notorious) yet.

Yamatai is of the opinion that Melisson can no longer speak on behalf of the Mishhuvurthyar, due to her loss of command and because she's been away from them for so long.
Heh. Yamatai still doesn't understand Melisson at all. Not to mention that's like saying that Yui, if absent for a couple of years from Yamatai, still wouldn't be a spokesperson for her people if she suddenly resurfaced - what's two years to a being that lived centuries?

I don't mind, though. Yamatai can think what it wants. I'm perfectly fine with that and I don't plan to do anything to change their minds. If they want to waste opportunities they've already earned, that's their problem.

If the Iroma are attending this year, I'll be using Ahrim (Leader of the Temple Guard, think something like Tsuya of the Ketsurui Samurai except also a spiritual leader) again to act as an adviser to the Iroma delegate. Did it during the last IRC and to great effect in helping foster some positive relations between the Commonwealth, Yamatai and Gartagen Union.

Wes, Just so I can make sure it is kosher before my fishy delegates show up. Azorea can come to the conference right?

I have one maybe two players besides me lined up to play delegates for it. And we are excited to get this moving. :D
Sure! Yamatai's fishy friends are most welcome.

If the Iroma are attending this year, I'll be using Ahrim (Leader of the Temple Guard, think something like Tsuya of the Ketsurui Samurai except also a spiritual leader) again to act as an adviser to the Iroma delegate. Did it during the last IRC and to great effect in helping foster some positive relations between the Commonwealth, Yamatai and Gartagen Union.
That's okay with me.

YAY! then we will bring the Neko fingers for the buffet!

For reals though, it's being held on Yamatai it's self correct?

Just remember Tanka, I'll make sure the HSC bring plenty of tartar sauce and cooking oil. bwwaaahaa

Say, this is a mighty fine conference you have planned... it would be a shame if something HAPPENED TO IT.

No, seriously though, I'm very likely to be out of town when the conference kicks off, thus, I have nominated Luca and Osaka to handle affairs while I am away.

Really though, it makes all the more sense that I'd not have Velor there in any way shape or form, considering that the conference is on Kyoto.

Well, for the HSC there will be three main representatives, the Emissary, the Ambassador to Yamatai, and the Defender of the Clan.

One of the things I aim to do is foster better diplomatic relations with the Lorath. The in character gravity of this logic comes from several factors. Mostly, the fact that the Lorath have not attacked anybody, thus making their subsequent vilification fruitless: a new approach is needed.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back