Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Conference Discussion

No posts so far have been deleted, just so we're all clear. That said, I don't have mod powers anymore, so if you have an edit to make and can't do so yourself because of timelock, let Nash or Wes know.

I'll likely see to getting a tour of both the Palace and Military to meet those two with my Senator, but, why don't you have mod powers anymore?

I'll likely see to getting a tour of both the Palace and Military to meet those two with my Senator
Cool, I figure we could start a side thread that would take place between conference days. Maybe a JP even.

Also: I would like to remind everyone that the RP rules specifically prohibit mind-reading.

It isn't mind reading.

As a New Tur'lista, she can only read someone's mind if she touched them. Conversely, someone can touch her and project thoughts to her (which is what Snider is doing, using his tail to touch Nibbi's ankle and project his thoughts to her). Besides, Neko get to send wireless digital messages to each other - I need a way of doing it too or it's just not fair. At a distance, all she can get is a gut feeling of how the person feels, but you can also do that by watching their body motion and judging it for yourself.

If I wanted to actively read people's minds I'd have to have Nibbi grab someone by the head and actively focus on invading their mind - and that'd be cause for alarm unless she was going to kiss them. It's why she wears gloves and keeps most of her skin covered.

Besides, Neko get to send wireless digital messages to each other - I need a way of doing it too or it's just not fair.
There's a big difference between nekos deliberately transmitting data to each other and sensing people's thoughts and emotions without their consent or intention. But I've reviewed the ESP rules and sensing emotions is allowed, just not thought-reading. Would Nibbi's ablities work on non-Lorath or people with digitial, encrypted minds like Nekos? I was thinking probably not for the latter.

I don't think it would work on a synthetic being like a Neko, and for anything else, it might be a bit fuzzy in transmission and reception and a lot harder since it deals with having to figure out another race's neurobiology. She wouldn't be able to read a Neko because they're almost completely digital - not unless she had some sort of implant that does digital (which she doesn't - she's just got a rudimentary text translator in her head perhaps)

Trust me @Wes, I'm not going to steal the thoughts out of everyone's heads to metagame, that's just stupid and unnecessary - two things I am not while I carry myself AND the Lorath in the IRC. We're trying to be diplomatic.

If anything in my next post I'll just have Nibbi get a glass of wine to soothe her nerves before it all begins.

I'm looking in here, and I can't help but to facepalm, but also feel proud of Luca who is doing amazingly well in conveying the thoughts and feelings that I would have aimed to convey.

Apologies for the garish white of the simple graphic; I whipped it up at work. Hopefully that clears things up for people when it comes to seating, at least for now. When I get home, I'll redo it with each rep's names, and I'll put some pertinent links into a sticky for everyone.

Lawl.

Anyways, I'm going to hold off on posting myself for just a bit to let a few others do it too. Right now, we're all just taking seats after all.

You realize she has two more letters than Yui, right? As in, isn't Yui?

She doesn't want to cramp her sister's style.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back