• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Conference Discussion

No Fiascos sound good to me. I am sure there will be plenty of drama enough without fiascos.

I really like that the Lorath opened an embassy on Yamatai. I think it will definitely help relations and we're happy to host it.

Oh speaking of Drama, Wes. I want to RP the formalization of the Alliance here at the IRC. Considering the merits of it, there should be a ceremony and what not for the formal signing and promises made.

Reactions: Wes
I submitted the starting post for it, but the forum currently is unavailable. Wes and Nash are handling it.

Everything looks great so far! I'm looking forward to writing some posts when I get home. I want to bring Yui so she can meet Valken. She's very interested in that, among other things. The YSA, not the SAoY, covers diplomatic security in the park so Star Army reps will be guests, not guards like at Pisces, which is nice. Now I've just got to decide between a kimono and a duty uniform.

Also, I declare this OOC thread revived! Feel free to use it for conference discussion.

A quick note for you, Wes: Yamatai's delegation card is full, so if Yui would like to meet up with the Grand Admiral, she's free to do so outside the central conference room, during breaks in the formal discussions.

What's this about a "delegation card?" I didn't see anything about it on the wiki or the thread (by the way, I merged the other OOC discussion thread into this one). How many people are permitted, and who is on it? If necessary, perhaps we can remove someone else, considering the Star Army itself is often the elephant in the room and Yui speaks for it. While not a diplomat per se, Yui is on the lookout to secure military alliances and defend Yamatai's interests in general. In particular we want to cement and make official our alliance with the Gartagens, so that an attack on Yamatai or Gartaga will face retaliation from our combined forces. Gartaga should be shown how Yamatai fully supports them during this time of Gartagen expansion.

Apologies for not adding it to the wiki, Wes. I'll do that immediately.

Yuumi is in charge of foreign affairs as the Premier of Yamatai, and she's given wide berth who to execute that power. She elected to have two deputies help her during the IRC. Yui still is free to talk to Valken, obviously. Just not during the formal IRC meetings.

What's Kotori doing there? Has the Byakuren returned to Yamatai??

Wes, I already mentioned Kotori might be there.

Yes, the Asamoya is back to Yamatai. The survey is pretty much over. Right now, we're kind of doing JPs which are eventually going to be chronologically compiled as thread 1.4 in the Byakuren plot. I already mentioned what I was up to in plot planning and in the OoC discussion of the IRC.

And, honestly, considering the length of the IC year and the amount of time that actually gets roleplayed on ships, there's plenty of gaps for Kotori to be on Yamatai anyways.

I'm really just giving Kotori some political facetime, which she has little of. If this is a problem, say so now so that the post can be retracted. I don't mind. I just thought I'd make the effort of getting involved in some way.

I'm seriously considering kicking Doctomoe out of this RP for his bringing in the guy from Wayne's World into it.

Honestly, an NPC is not that important a fact to be annoyed about. Getting frustrated over trivial things will lead to ulcers and pain, so it's best to just go with the flow.

It's an important event to the whole setting, and if he can't take it seriously, he shouldn't be part of it. The same goes for his characters. Anyone who shows up in jeans shouldn't have been allowed in a space with galactic leaders.

Allowing for these things is called being diplomatic. I think that was the point of this conference, let's not forget that.

Miki fixed it. Thanks for the invigorating bit of drama there, Wes! I'll try to herd everyone to the table with my next post, but I'm at work right now and have things to do.

Garth doesn't belong in the SARPiverse any more than Luke Skywalker does. I'm trying to remove him from the thread without without having to delete posts, but I will retcon him out of there if this farce continues. We don't need distractions in our diplomacy, we've had more than enough of those major distractions in the IRCs of the past.

As I said before, Wes, feel free to bring Yui into the outer chambers of the center compound to mingle after the representatives are out of session.

Doc, please change the name of the character, so we can assuage Wes' concerns and move on.

Last edited:
Damn page refresh - I feel so ninja'd. I took down the post, so I'll likely put it up in modified form shortly.

EDIT:

Wait, wait, wait a moment! Were all these posts that came out of nowhere originally deleted, but restored? Oh boy...Even if that's not the case, any mod capable of undeleting my post? I didn't mean to jam Luca's.

EDIT 2:

Honestly, I think Doc's character can stay, so long as the IRC remains on topic. If it goes off topic, then we have a problem. There's no need to jump the gun; the rest of us will likely lynch him if he does do something that detracts from the IRC. And then go back to the IRC.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…