• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC Conference Discussion

• Businesses must do their financial transactions in the currency of their home nation.

This one might be problematic with international trade. If a Yamataian company is dealing with a Nepleslian company both are going to want payment to be made in the only currency they are legally only allowed to make transactions in. A law like this stands to complicate international trade. It would be better to allow corporations to make transactions in whichever currencies best fit the situation.

I can imagine it working similar to how ordering items from abroad happens IRL. The prices listed are in the native currency, it's up to you to convert your money through an exchange to that currency. Then you pay in that currency you converted.

Essentially, the business is itself using solely its own currency in that way. Of course, the exchanges would likely get a cut but that's what happens anyways, unless you want to buy goods in your country not using your country's currency. Though, companies might invest in buying an exchange for themselves, which could be a thing? I can imagine a central exchange with a near-zero cut funded by a group of companies popping up.

I don't really have a opinion either way as I'll find a way to trade with international partners regardless but I think I see where Wes is coming from. Rizzo does have a point about complication though, in that it moves a step from the producer's side to the consumer's side essentially, making the customer convert the currency rather than the company.

I might actually make a currency exchange funded by private companies now.. Hmm..

Those appear to be senate articles rather than international treaties, though. It might be best to put them in the senate thread.

.... so I'm just now finding out that the IRC started, back in April... and that this forum only just now appeared for me. Would someone kindly explain to me why I wasn't informed that this whole thing started a few months ago?

So I have some catching up to do, espically since the Neshaten were supposed to appear in the first few posts (as was my original plan) but since no one TOLD ME that things had started, I'm just playing catch up....

I'm not sure how you missed it but feel free to join in when you're ready.

Probably not on topic, but I didn't think anything was going to happen at the IRC so I thought it'd be a good experience for Jack and Mecha to have some fun at.

Now I wish I had asked them to bring a camera so that Uso and Akemi could be watching the IRC like a soccer game as it happens.

I'm not sure how you missed it but feel free to join in when you're ready.

This forum only just now appeared for me, that's why I initially thought that teh IRC had started today - only to find out it started back in April

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 10.52.04 AM.png
I was partly going off of this when I didn't bug you about it, but I also stated in my opening post that there were royalty to give you an in to join.

[EDIT] Kyle said he was then told it would be delayed. Seems like classic miscommunication. Best thing to do is move forward.

Last edited:
Except that I was told later on after that that the IRC was delayed.... so I'm of the opinion that I was lied to by this other member in order to really screw my faction's chance here.

Anyway, I'll get a post into the IRC after work :)

I really don't think you should take that opinion. While I was looking through archives on discord, I saw that Wes himself mentioned a delay:
Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 11.05.32 AM.png

Except that I was told later on after that that the IRC was delayed.... so I'm of the opinion that I was lied to by this other member in order to really screw my faction's chance here.

Anyway, I'll get a post into the IRC after work :)
You missed Yui being devious.

You missed Yui being devious.

Oh I saw, that's why Vas'Sumera kind of likes Yui ;)

But now he also has to deal with Vas', wonder what he'll think of someone who looks like a young child talking to him in that fashion...

@FrostJaeger I know it was only in her head but the hollow economic standing of the USO economy at this time would be conjecture on her part as only Mr. Donovan would be privileged to the details. It is a tightly guarded secret that should be uncovered ICly. I only wanted to make sure it was understood that in matters of economy there is no proof either way.

@Rizzo - the economic collapse, in my opinion, is something that SAINT would've passed on to the Yamataian Senate by now as part of a "weekly news bulletin" or something, given the collapse's highly public nature and the fact that hostage-taking occurred. The economic recovery, however, is something that would not have been passed on or been reported on, in my opinion, as I agree - something like that would indeed be a "tightly-guarded secret."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back