• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Construction Equipment

Whisper

Retired Staff
Hey everyone!

I created a new corp, Default Industrial Tools and Manufacturing, with the goal of continuing the trend of adding flavor to the setting's non-military fluff. They're supposed to fill a role similar to CAT, John Deere, Dewalt, Milwaukee, etc, etc.

Some questions!
  • Is there any construction or industrial equipment out there on the market (IE, pre-existing in the setting) that they could be taking advantage of? I know of some from OHI, and the one that was just approved, but is there anything else that I'm missing?
  • Do you want Default to operate in your faction/territory? I'm happy to RP them working out some contracts or something. No pressure here - again, Default is just a setting element, not my personal playground.
  • Is there any construction equipment that you want to see in your civilian or military plots that Default might be able to address? I have a short-list I'm already considering:
    • A construction-themed EASE that wields a Multistruct.
    • A pallet mover. It's been haunting my mind ever since Wes pitched the idea forever ago.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I don't think your link works, buckaroo. "about:blank#blocked"

Pretty sure Legix had a power armour that used gravity manipulation for this. There are also spacer junkers and junk masters, of course. Origin, too, has lots of civilian versions of mecha... Which I guess wouldn't really have much of a use past construction?

Sorry for not answering this earlier! I think this is fine for doing business Yamatai too.

As far as equipment, I think the Star Army would buy stuff that's suitable for making underground bunkers and secret bases. They're into that.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…