Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill Contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshiro

Inactive Member
"All hands, this is your Commodore... please activate intraship communications and patch me through...I have orders...our rest is over."

For a week the Ygg was being repaired and the Sojourner built, allowing a week off...but it seemed their time at Yamatai was over...

"We are going galactic North to look for new star systems and raw resources to be used should the war against the Mishhu continue...I understand that not all of you support the Yamatai Star Empire, so say you are out, and I will give you an alternate assignment."

"Should the war end...then I hope to allocate those resources to reconstruction and humanitarian needs."

Kenji sighed, hitting his comn. "Boss, I thought we were a SALVAGE ship, out for ourselves. I don't remember this being a Military Resource Ship." he said, sounding a little shocked, and a bit on the iffy side. "I'd like to personally keep my hands and being as far out side of dealings with ANY army, unless it's through a third party after the fact."

"...I understand. I was not actually given a contract for this, I merely feel that the Mishhu are doing too much damage, and the governments need restocking. I suppose we should consider more what happens case-by-case...I'll change the plan then. we'll go out and look for planets and systems and claim them ourselves...then we'll decide what to do with them. Alright?"

He said, sighing slightly...Ken was right...he couldn't just tell them they were helping one single army...not when he had representatives from 4 planets aboard...

"well sir, I don't care where we go or why, as long as there's a chance I can blow stuff up" Shinji said, a bit more jovially, turning around in his chair to face the Commodore. "Findin' new planets don't seem so bad ta me, either." He said, turning back around and trying to remember exactly why he was on the bridge, again.

"So we are claiming planets in the name of exploration and making a more detailed map, right?" Kenji asked, wanting to be quite sure. He didn't get into the salvage business to pick sides with the Star Armies. "I just wanna make sure we stay neutral. I haven't had to choose sides my whole life so far, and I don't need to be doing any picking now. Sure, I might not have as many ties, but that means I have that many fewer to lose." he said looking out his window. "The only ties that mean anything to me are shipmates, crew, and family."

Shaun was busy tending to paperwork, a new task that he really didn't enjoy. Eve walked into the room and took a seat. Listening to the transmission he activated his communicator. "Aye Sir. I'm going to agree that making a direct attempt at a single alliance assistance route would be dangerous, if not for the safety of the ship, but also our reputation as a neutral party that has come to the aid of multiple races."

Flipping a page he sat his pen down and leaned back looking at Eve before continuing "I however have no issue in assisting the populace. Even if we don't get involved with the military, helping a needy population with supplies is definitely our kind of work."

"Very well. We will simply go out to claim worlds, and then discuss uses on a planet or system basis, one by one. But we'll be careful not to assist specifically one government if it can't be avoided."

He remembered Yui and the scanner hidden on the Sojourner, and inwardly sighed...

"Ken, guide the Alucard into Sojourner Bay 4. We have fifteen minutes before we depart at 10,000c for the northern frontier.

Yggdrasill will extend mass sensors to maximum and scan for stellar masses, then planets. Shaun, you guys just have to follow, keep your eyes open, and carry the 4 smaller ships...those Ke-F8s may be small and old, but they may be useful."

"Aye sir. And I was mostly looking out for my pocket." Kenji said, piloting the ship into the bay, and parking it. Getting out, he thankfully stretched as his favorite penguin came out behind him. "Come on, Kurio, lets get food."

"Food would be nice." the green beanie wearing bird said, following behind him.

Toshiro laughed slightly as the three Ke-F8s; which he'd named SRSS-003 "Thor", SRSS-004 "Loki", and SRSS-005 "Freya"; were loaded into the Sojourner's massive cargo bays, as was the Alucard.

"No worries there, Ken, you're the richest of all of us when it comes to pure currency. 600,000 KS is enough to buy a very decent fleet, and you can even live modestly for the rest of your days...but true, the credit has to have some bearing...we can't work for free...ten minutes."

Aendri chuckled slightly, listening to the conversation between the Commodore and Ken. "You know Ken, I was wondering about that. You have the money to retire now, so why wouldn't you? The life would undoubtedly be easier than your current one." Aendri relaxed, awaiting an answer.

"I don't think he cares about retiring, Aendri, some types of people are much happier living on the edge, even if they have the means to live in ease and comfort. Heck, I could be at home still living a quiet, simple life with everything laid out perfect for me, and a n easy future laid out before me. Sounds nice, right? But this is more fun, so I'm stickin' with it." Shinji said, plainly, as if Aendri should've already known that.

"Upon commencement, Ken and Kurio will act as the Sojourner's pilot and...mascot...penguin...gomen, I forget your job, Kurio-san. Anyway, Alucard and Sojourner report readiness levels! Yggdrasill signaling ready, 5 minutes to go!"

Yggdrasill prepared to go to FTL speed...

Shaun had made his way to the bridge and had taken his seat. Eve was watching over the ship's weapon systems. "This is Shaun. We will be ready to depart as soon as Ken arrives and takes his post." He looked over at Eve who was scanning through the systems.

She simply smiled at him and went back to work.

Kenji smiled as he sat down at the controls, gazing at them lovingly. "And pass out on this? I ain't no fool. We're ready to go, Boss. Ships are docked and the hanger bay is closed. COordinates inputted. To the Frontier, and to fame." he said, smiling. Kenji eased the large ship out of port and into open space. "Besides, sitting around isnt' for me. I'd end up in too much trouble."

Eve's voice echo'd through the com system. "This is Sojourne, we are online and ready to follow." Shaun stood up and looked over at Ken "Alright Ken. You know what to do. Keep us close and the scanners open."

"Alright...Aendri-san, head straight north, and circle around Freespacer Territory...keep an eye open on sensors for light sources, gravimetric phenomena, and nebulae...also monitor solar wind concentrations and radiation levels. If there's a star system, I want to know about it.

Once we find a star, scan it for gravitational wobble...that's an indicator of a planet or a asteroid belt in orbit."

The Yggdrasill entered FTL, staying at 10,000c to allow the larger SRSS Leviathan to keep up.

(OOC: Sojourner is now SRSS-002 "Leviathan", BTW)

"Engines are wide open, and so are the scanner fields. Reaching max speed in 4..3...2...1..Max speed reached. We are now cruising at a sweet 10,000 c.'s. Destination: the unknown." Ken said, smiling widely. "Objective: Find new worlds and report to someone. Then profit."

(Little reference to the

1. Something
2. ???
3. PROFIT!

joke)

Aendri obeyed, setting the sensors to continual scan, and setting their direction, setting a warning to go off as they came near Freespacer space. "So, are we looking for anything in particular on these worlds, or just searching in general?"

Eve was rapidly typing in commands at her console as Shaun stood on the deck watching the Yggdrasill ahead of them.

Eve frowned as she continued working. She sighed as she glanced at Ken "Keeeeeen! does the Leviathan feel a little sluggish to you?"

It was not surprising...the Leviathan utilized solid state transistor computers, and it was non-sentient to boot...also, her speed was only 5/6ths that of the Ygg's maximum, hence why Ygg held back her top speed.

"Anything, really, Aendri-san. Keep your eyes peeled."

After 2 hours of travel, Yggdraill's sensors relayed something to Toshiro.

"Hey...I detect a stellar mass in that nebula...alter course to investigate."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back