• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Development of Tatiana and Nataria

Well this in an entire planet where talking of. And it is the sole defence that the planet has (although being in the middle of no-where it's security isn't exactly high up on the Star Army's list of priorities methinks). While 5,000 may seem like a lot it maybe that it is spread across several bases over the surface of the planet so that the entire sphere can be protected to some degree. However if you think anything should be different please tell me and I'll think about adding/changing it before I actually post the final details of Nataria.

Anyway do you think the bases would have any turret like weapons (theirs a better word but for life of me I can't think of it) of an aetheric or particle beam nature (both very powerful) which could knock small ships from orbit (and possibly bother some of the larger ships. I just think their would be some more permenant defences than a base with troops. An array of defensive sattelites was something I had considered, but I'm not sure if these would be effiecient.

If anyone has any ideas about how Nataria should be or what should be on please feel free to enlighten me. Also anything about Tatiana, but Rob's planning on making that in some detail, since people can actualy live their (unlike Nataria, a solely military planet).

A garrison of a few thousand mecha sounds about right. A planet's pretty big, but those Mindys are pretty powerful. So, um, it balances things out.

Don't sweat it too much over planetary defenses. Assuming your planet has an atmosphere, a land-based cannon would be pretty wasteful energy-wise unless you fire it almost straight up. The same thing could be said about starships outside the atmosphere firing down, but the starships can also move. :) So the vast majority of the defense budget should be spent on stuff that can actually go past the atmosphere and fight the enemy there. Because once your space-based defenders are gone, and if your enemy is more interested in fragging you than taking over the planet, it's pretty much game over.

I only know this, of course, from someone else on this board. ^_^

OK, I'll get to designing my planet and prompting Rob to design his as soon as I've finished a few other projects. What is the most common form of fighter for the Star Army by the way, it's just I'm assuming their be quite a few of them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back