• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: NSS Alliance Dignitaries and Diplomacy

Rico laughed and whirled Gran around, his arm still tightly slung around Gran's shoulder. Before Gran could say another word, Rico started walking, bring his poor friend along for the ride.

"You heard the lady! Let's start with our beautiful luxury suite, just down the hall!"

Gran gave a little bit of an incredulous look at Rico as he could tell he was being mocked. Was it wrong, or at least unnatural, for him to hold women in such high respect? As Ally encouraged him to go with Rico, he almost questioned the decision, but this train of thought was cut short by Rico still clamping onto him like an adjustable spanner. As he was whirled about, his bags swung a little in the air, straining to not spill their contents. He followed Rico's step as they traveled down the hall. He turned his head to take a quick look back at Ally.
"Thanks and I guess we'll see you later"
He then looked forward smirking, trying to show Rico that he wasn't a tight-wad.
"Does this 'luxury suite' happen to be a small room occupied by 40 other men?"

After half an hour of scrubbing and primping, Fian exited the showers spanking clean and in a freshly pressed uniform. He re-straigthened out his shirt and dusted his pants again. Ahh, feels like I'm born again. He thought. Satisfied, he looked around to see if he anyone in the area could compare to his current tidiness.

Comming down the hallway was Rico and another newbie. The more muscular nepleslian was completely roughing up the new arrival. On top of that, the Rico-Davis complex was swaying left and right due to the uneven distribution of weight. Fian grimaced, he didnt want to be involved yet, not in this pristine state.

He silently took four steps back into the shower room, closing the sliding door and hoped he was not seen.

"40 sweaty, smelly, muscle-bulging sons-of-bitches, if ya gotta ask." Rico laughed.

Rico was a little relieved when he saw Gran lighten up, and slowed down his pace. They walked quietly for a few moments, and as they neared the bunk area Rico stopped at the door. He then released his shoulder-grip and offered a hand to the new arrival, smiling in a friendly manner.

"Name's Rico, chief. Marine. Sorry if I rubbed you the wrong way back there...got an image to keep up, y'know?"

Gran smiled at Rico's comment, and he had guessed the same was the actual truth. He looked up and noticed the foot of the person retreating back into the showers. He decided to ignore it, since he was kinda focused on relieving his arms of their baggage, which seemed to get heavier every minute. As Rico released his shoulders, he rolled them around a little, jokingly making sure they were still functional. He gently set the bag in his right hand down, and smiled as he shook Rico's hand firmly.
"Gran Keats, Technical Sentry. No problem, I understand. So, is this your quarters too? Or am I in this mess by myself?"
He finished with a smirk.

"No shit, a gear-head, huh?" Rico said as he released the handshake. Rico took a quick look around...just two marines snoozing quietly on the farther end of the room.

"Yeah, I sleep here too...sleep being a very loose term; can't sleep for shit with the snore orchestra you get sometimes. Just throw your junk on a bunk that doesn't smell like ass; those are taken." Rico joked, laying on the bed behind him, casually crossing his propped-up legs and putting both hands behind his head. "Just tell me whenever your done unpackin' baby. We probably gotta stop by the armor and lauch bays on the way to the mess hall. Gotta show ya where you'll be workin' and all. Afterwards I can introduce ya to some of the guys." Rico smirked, turned his head straight and stared blankly at the sky above him. He waited patiently for a few moments, his eyes glued to the low ceiling while he listened to the silent rustling of Gran unpacking, the snores of the sleeping marines continuing behind the scenes.

"Yeah, a gear-head that gets shot at." Gran replied, laughing a little to himself.

He browsed bunk to bunk for a few seconds, not daring to take the advice of testing by smell, before settling on one that was across the aisle from Rico, thinking that he could get along with him quite well. Gran grimaced sarcastically.

"They all smell like ass."

He proceeded to set his bags on the bed. He pulled a palm-size, half-inch thick, rusty gear out of the smaller one, placing it on the metal of the bunk above him, a small magnet on the back securing it into place. He looked through his bags, stuffing a pencil and a small notepad in his pocket. He didn't really have anything to unpack, so, sliding the bags to the foot of his bed, he stood up shortly and leaned on the post of Rico's bed.

"Well, I'm done. Ready to go?"

Ran's cigarette glowed orange in the inky blackness of his room, barely lighting up the already over-stuffed pack that lay at the edge of his bunk. News of his transfer had come rather late, and without really giving it any thought, Ran walked out of his room, past the enlisted men's quarters and to the Captain's quarters. His intention was to say goodbye, but it was a rather bad time, and he was sure the Captain would do well to replace him.

And walking from the NSS Alliance, he took a look behind him, biting down hard on his cancer stick. "Don't fuck up, guys." He said outloud, strangely thinking his squad mates would hear him, as he walked off.

(edited by Tom for flow/to fit in to the current time.)

Adrian stepped into the bunks thrashing on an air guitar in some similarity to some blasting tune on his headphones. The medic's eyes were closed, and so he didn't see the newer recruit until he literally smashed into him. The 6' 4" soldier tripped and hit the deck, blinking several times.

"Wooah. Sorry, mate." He stood quickly and brushed himself off. He stared and the guy for a second before realizing he'd never met the man.
"And what do ya know? You're a new kid," Adrian smashed him on the shoulder. "I can see you've met my buddy Rico here. I'm Adrian Decane, I push your guts back in after the kitties tear 'em out." The medic held out his hand and grinned widely at Gran.

Gran nearly fell right on top of Rico as the large medic ran into him. He turned around quickly, seeing a person face-down on the floor. He stood stunned as he stood up and introduced himself. "Gran Keats, Technical Sentry I fix the guns that shoot the kitties." Gran took the handshake firmly.

Rico sighed loudly, and quickly sprung up from the bed with unbridled energy. He quickly pulled his beret from his pocket and placed it on his head, grinning as he watched Adrian and Gran shake hands. He then quickly reached past Adrian and clasped Gran by the shoulder, motioning him up. "Yeah yeah, hugs all around. I'm takin' Gran on the tour...catch ya later baby." Rico laughed.

Gran jumped a little as Rico grabbed him; he turned and nodded to Rico. "This guy promised me a tour, I'll catch up with ya later, 'kay?" He waved and took one last look at his bags, making sure he had all he needed at the moment.

Fian waited for ten, maybe twenty seconds until he thought he heard the last footsteps fade away. He exhaled a long sigh and wondered if there was anyone out there, if only he had that neko six sense thing. The Vel Steyr pulled out the card shaped hosing that held Elsae from his pocket and held it at face level. "Are they gone?" He spoke to her. "Unknown." She replied in a serious voice befitting the current situation. "I cannot access the ship's wireless network from the shower block." Fian sighed again. "It is however heavily implied that Soldier Third Class Rico is intending to show Soldier Third Class Gran Keats the layout of this Nerimian Destroyer. I suggest we remain stationary until it is statistically proven that they might have left the area." Elsae continued. Fian pulled a face and remained where he was, trying to think of an alternative course of action.

Just as they were about to leave the doorway, Rico's ears perked up at a peculiar sound coming from the showers. He could barely make out the words, but he knew what he heard; a woman's voice. Without bothering to let go of Gran, Rico whirled around and headed straight for the shower curtains. He hesitated for a moment before putting on a sly grin, and ripped the curtain open, only to be met with Fian's surprised face. Rico leapt backwards with a yelp and closed his eyes, holding a hand to eye level to shield himself from such horrors. "G-Holy shit Fian! Are you naked? Please tell me you're not!"

Gran started to reach for something in his bag as he was nearly ripped off his feet by Rico. He stumbled a few times before he gained his footing back and was about to ask what was going on. His face paled a bit as he was dragged into the showers and was about to curse as Rico ripped open a curtain. He mimicked Rico's shocked movements to the letter. "Whoa! Are you outta your mind!?"

"Ack!" Fian shouted, he nearly dropped Elsae from the shock of suddenly encountering Rico. He hastily pocketed her while his ambusher was momentarily blinded. "No-no, I'm good." Fian stammered, unable to craft a proper response both from the shock and from the slight aerial juggling action of storing his Savtech.

Rico slowly opened his eyes, trying to keep them as high on Fian's body as possible. When he saw the hem of Fian's uniform, he signed loudly and loosened up. "Jeez...my bad baby. I thought I heard...uh..." Rico quickly flitted a look between Fian and Gran. "Err...nevermind." Rico was silent for a second or so before brightening back into a smile. "Hey Fian! You're just in time, I was gonna take Gran here on the grand tour. Feel like taggin' along?"

Gran's eyes opened slowly and took in a well-suited and pristine marine. He half-relaxed as Rico invited Fian to their little ship party. His mind began to have doubts about taking on Ally's recommendation of having Rico show him around, he had practically dragged him throughout the ship so far. He smiled at the one Rico called Fian. "You should come."

Fian tried not to look distressed, he had enough of the Greenhorns but he did not want to disappoint Rico either. Who knows? It might be fun anyway, and that new kid looks kinda decent. He put on a small smile and started "Well, I ..."

"Good!" Rico said loudly with a grin, and grabbed both Fian and Gran by the shoulder. "Let's start with the command deck." Rico said, leading them out of the doorway. Adrian was still standing at the bunk, watching and wondering what the previous commotion was about. Rico smirked and waved his head towards the doorway. "Common Adrian, you're commin' too."

...could- *Ugh!*" Fian grunted, within a short few seconds and some grabbing, he was now in a position to realize that Rico was not wearing any cologne under his armpits. Welcome to the Star Army of Nepleslia, Fian. Resistance is futile.

Adrian nodded and grinned. "Of course. We can't break in a newbie without medical attention nearby, right?" He walked briskly out and followed Rico with a smirk. He stuck his arm out, pointing down the hall. "Onward! To victory!"

>>>>> A few minutes later, outside the bridge doorway...

Adrian hung his arm behind Gran's neck and looked him square in the eye. "Aight, it's time for a run down of the crew. There's me, Fian, n' Rico, we're the pimps in space here, you need something, come find us. As Rico said, el capitan can be a little dickish, but he's pretty tight." He looked at the other two marines. "You guys, help me with this."

Rico smiled as they reached their destination; a large closed door, clearly labeled Bridge. He reached over and shook Gran lightly to get his attention. "Yeah. So, this is the Command Bridge. Us marines won't get to see the inside much through, unless the captain calls ya." Gran had been looking at the walls and various doors and panels on them when he was jarred back to attention. He blankly nodded as he noted the location. Thinking that the only time he might be called there would be for reprimand. "So, you met the captain yet Gran?" Rico asked, keeping his eyes on the door. "Nice guy...bit of a tightwad to me, but better than most."

Gran continued to look at the door and shook his head ‘no.' He smirked as he looked at Rico. "I bet everyone's a tightwad compared to you." He laughed a little at Fian's obvious enjoyment of their quest so far and restricted himself from rolling his eyes at Adrian, as he smiled widely. "Got it."

"Now this is exciting." Fian said, sarcastically. Although he had not been inside, he knew how it looked like inside from the holomaps Elsae and shown him before his first mission. Fian continued after Adrian. "And then there is the all female cooking staff at the cafeteria." He thought that there was something wrong with that statement but continued anyway. "Its the only place you get to see real ass on this ship, other than Soreta's room that is." Rico laughed at Fian's comment. "Damn right! We have a few fine lookin' ladies working in the kitchen. Though I don't think you should get near 'em...Captain's got some tin can keepin' an eye on 'em. Custodian droid I think. Other than that, yeah, you're not gettin' much action here baby."

Adrian chuckled. "A. One of those caretakers is really a guy. His name is Chris. He's a little sketchy, but he can cook alright. B. Soreta would most likely sick her ID-SOL buddies on you if you went near her room."

Gran smiled as the guys ranted about the other passengers on board, especially the women. He grinned as he turned to Rico, teasing. "How 'bout that Ally huh? You seemed pretty interested in her not too long ago."

Fian sucked in his chest and roughed up his voice in is best imitation of Rico. "Shes a freaking hologram." The Vel Steyr then did some thrusting motions with his arm. "No resistance, no sale."

Rico's smile drooped a bit, and he quickly peeked back and forth between Fian and Adrian. He chuckled slightly and tugged and the colar of his uniform a bit. "Uhh...yeah..." Rico gave Gran one of those 'drop it' looks, and started stuttering trying to form a solid reply.

Adrian cocked an eyebrow. "The ship AI?" Adrian burst out laughing.

Gran's grin widened considerably, seeing this as his chance to push back at Rico, if only playfully. "Yeah, man you were all over her. I saw it all." He even stuck his arm around Rico as he pulled em close. "You keep swingin' slugger, I'm sure you can reprogr- I mean seducer her sometime."

Rico's sarcastic grin was quickly turning into a sarcastic grimace as he tried to explain his situation. "Uh..." Rico said quietly, his eyes dancing between the other three marines. "I was...just sharpenin' my skills. Gotta keep them workin' for the real deals, you know?" He laughed, silently hoping they bought his excuse.

Fian halted his motions after noticing Rico's distress. He put a hand on Gran's shoulders. "I think thats a conversation of another time, yes." He then twirled the newcomer towards the direction of the armor bay hallway and gave a slight push. ."I'm sure you'll derive more pleasure from the Power Armor bays, thataway."

Rico sighed and gladly followed behind the others as they continued down the corridor. Rico shook his head and thumped his skull a few times. Pull yourself together dumbass. "Besides! What's the difference, huh?" Rico said jokingly, taking a false stand with renewed confidence with a sly grin. "I mean, looks like a woman, talks like a woman...that's nearly everythin' I need baby."

Fian's suspicions were confirmed. He flashed a killer look at Rico and put his right hand into his pocket.

>>>>> 10 minutes later, at the Power Armor bays...

"Alright then! This is our supremely sweet power armor bay. This is where you'll probably be spendin' the day baby..." Rico said, spreading his arms out in front of him as they entered through the bay doors.

Gran's eyes looked like they were nearly about to pop out of their sockets. He had seen just about each of the models in training, but those were beat-up, rusty and overused. These however, were the top of the line, at least most of them, pristine as the day they came out of the factory. Completely oblivious to Rico, or any of the other marines for that matter, he reached out his hand and slowly walked to the closest armor and played his fingers over the access panels and plating. "How many of these are there?" He said without turning his head.

Rico laughed lightly and jabbed Fian with his elbow, cocking an eyebrow at Gran's sudden interest. "Well, depends. Nerimian shit is made on the spot in those things..." Rico lifted an open palm towards the assembly machines farther in the room. "...but these NAM suits are always together. Good pieces of work, too. Can't wait to fuckin' pilot one."

Fian Vel Steyr was startled by the new addition to the Power Armor bays. He was not so interested at Gran's obsession but more to what was being obsessed over. NAM suits. Its like Melchoir handing me a gun and asking me to shoot someone. But Fian was curious anyway. He walked right up to the Power Armor and touched it gently with one hand, trying to feel his elder brother's intention.

Rico's eyebrow raised a bit higher as he watched Fian move up to the armor and begin to feel it. He smirked. "And you assholes were hasslin' me for touchin' the damn AI." Rico said loudly. He shot a quick glance to Adrian, holding out a hand towards the other NAM suits. "You want a moment alone with the armors too baby?"

Adrian was smiling slightly deliriously. "Heh. Shiny." He shook his head. "Woooah. Forgot my meds this morning. I'll meet you guys in the cafe in a while. I don't take my meds I go batshit." Adrian then quickly whirled around and started towards the main elevator, holding up a hand to signify a quick farewell.

Fian was unsure of his own feelings, so he turned towards Gran and asked. "Do you like it?" Gran simply smiled as Rico teased, he didn't care, and Fian spoke, he still did not turn his head from the armor. "It's like touching the power of a god." Fian looked away at Gran and back at the Armor. Then he looked at Rico and Adrian who was leaving. "Um, Rico, I think I need some time alone here. A personal moment. I'll get back to you when I'm done."

Almost immediately after Adrian made his exit, Fian also expressed his desire to stay in the armor bay. Rico sighed and nodded, noticing a bit of sincerity in Fian's voice. "Well...shit, fine. Common Gran, we got a few more stops before we're done." Rico said, quickly grabbing Gran by the shoulders once again and pushing him out the bay doors. "Jeez...wonder what Fian's beef is." Rico said as he and Gran continued down the hallway.

Gran knew the grab and pull was coming, he didn't stumble as he was jerked back to reality, but kept his fingers on the cold, powerful metal for as long as he could.

He took one last glance back at Fian and softly smiled before turning back to Rico. "Beef? I don't think it's that, I mean those things are the most incredible pieces of work put out by human-kind, how can you not have a respect for them?" He sighed softly under his breath as he quietly and solemnly said "Melchoir Vel Steyr you have given power to men that we could never have imagined."

Rico's head perked up a bit at the mention of Melchoir Vel Steyr. The name sounded very familiar to him. "...Melchoir Vel Steyr...you mean the head at NAM?" Rico suddenly remembered, his eyes focusing and unfocusing at empty space while his head processed. Gran smiled and his eyes widened with even more interest.

"Yeah, you know him?"

"Nah..." Rico said. As they neared the main elevator of the ship, Rico shot a glance back at the armor bay corridor, a quizzical look strewn across his face. "You know, Fian's last name is Vel Steyr." Gran's eyes wondered towards the ceiling as he followed Rico to the elevator. "Fian Val Steyr" He muttered slowly. He smiled as his eyes softened a little when he thought of Fian's wish to stay in the power armor bay, and compared his face to that of Melchoir's he had seen in a news article. "I would say they share some resemblance, do you think they could be related?"

Rico decided to ditch the serious face, and laughed loudly as he patted Gran a few times on the back. "Well hot shit, we know a fuckin' billionaire! Wonder if Fian can hook us up with some of that cash NAM is pumpin' in." Rico joked, quickly hitting the button on the elevator as they both stepped in. The lift quickly brought them to the second deck, and Rico took a deep breath before stepping out. "Right then. That way is to the crew quarters...just a buncha flyboys and the cooks. And the new diplomat." Rico then quickly pointed in the other direction. "And THAT way is to our five-star slop bin. Shall we?"

Gran smiled a little as Rico slapped him and they entered the elevator. He couldn't help but be serious for a few more seconds as he thought of the implications. "A billionaire..." He spoke lowly, thinking deeply. As the elevator opened and they stepped out, Gran smiled brightly. "Well you guys keep talking about this diplomat, but I think I might starve to death if we don't get something to eat first."

"Yeah, some dignitary the main command sent us for some Elysian peace-treaty shit. I hear she's quite the ice queen." Rico said with a sly grin. "But, I've melted colder women before, eh baby? Let's get you some chow."

John leaned quite comfortably back in his GI bunk and sighed happily.
"I Guess the ladies just aren't used to booze around here."
John looked around for the sarge, getting up and wondering about, he came across Fian, getting him in a headlock and nooging him.
"Nice doo!"
He chuckled and walked off in the direction of the Training room.

After a half hour or so of chatting around with the other marines in the mess hall, Rico decided to take his leave and head up to the recreation area for the VR simulation.

'...wonder why Fian didn't say anythin' about bein' related to Melchoir?' Rico thought to himself as he quickly punched the elevator panels. He watched the lights between the crack of the door appear and disappear as the elevator ascended. 'Pfft, hell, it's not like everyone doesn't have their own problems,' Rico dismissed nonchalantly, and hastily resumed his famous grin as the elevator door opened.

When Rico entered the Recreation room, he was surprised to see a few people already relaxing and killing time there. He planted his back to the wall next to the door and shot a few glances and nods at a few of them as he waited for the rest of the marines to file in.

Valo decended into the VR Simulation room. Part of the reason was to ensure no serious injuries went unchecked during the training and yet at the same time Valo felt compelled to watch a combat situation. Even if it wasn't real.

Valo knew it was a pointless decision and yet he still stayed motionless. Even for a machine old habits seemed to die hard.

The ship's speaker systems turned on, allowing Ally's voice to be heard throughout the ship. "Marines, please report to the VR simulators for training.â€

Fian ran his hand through his hair. Not that he really cared about combing, but after being jumped by John and Rico before that, he figured that it would be in a total mess now instead of the organized ruffle that he liked. Geezus, I'm getting too comfortable here, letting my guard down too much.

The Vel Steyr filled in some forms at the bay administration to have a more through look see of the new NAM Power Armors. The engineer in charge handed him a manual and was reading one himself. "Dont cha turn it on or move it or anythin'." The grease monkey said. "Non of us know how to fix it if ya cause any trouble."

Having already examined the external components of the M1-2a AIR Power Armor, Fian stood on the side of it by stepping on its oversized skirt armor which was parted wide as the mecha was kneeling. Takes up quite a bit of space. He noted. Finding the pickup microphone near the neck of the machine, he wispered the authorisation provided on the forms. "User guest. Password default." He rolled his eyes at the obviousity.

The neck of the armor pulled back and the chest of it lurched forward in a few short seconds with the sound of vented gas. The insides of the armor was well lit by a few white luminous stripes. Fian instantly noted that the crotch level needs to be adjusted before the pilot jumped in but that was not what he was looking for. Ally's announcement reminded him that he did not have much time. Casting a bit of manly pride away, he flashed a look at the manual he held in his hand.

Reaching in with his other hand, the Vel Steyr opened a panel under the neck. Pressing the depression that was revealed, a metallic card shaped housing was ejected. Etched on the surface was the words 'Savtech Slot and Combat Data Storage." Carefully placing the manual on the AIR's shoulder, he pulled out Elsae with his free hand and slid her into the housing and replaced it into the depression. "Find out anything you can, I'll be back later."

"Close." Fian whispered, and the AIR closed itself back again with another hiss of vented gas. Checking his gold watch, he calculated his available time and started jogging to the VR room, obvlious to the presence a small red dot on the mecha's shoulder that eyed him as he left.

Gran had been enjoying the tacos set up by the caretaking staff, as he was finally able to get something to eat. He got to know a few of the other marines that he had sat by. He had quite a good time, even though he didn't talk a whole lot. His mind still wondered back to Fian and the armors every once in a while, he would have to try to talk to him about that at some time. He began to scarf his food as the announcement came calling for VR training. He quickly hopped up along with the other marines at the table and stashed his tray, his mouth still full of food.

As he entered the recreation area, he looked up and around at the many others in the room that he still didn't know. He slowly walked around, cooling down a bit from his rapid jog as he awaited further instructions.

Istvan entered the Rec-room room, bouncing as he walked, and sat on the center floor, performing some warm-ups. He was new, but he wasn't insecure. He was confident, and self-assured. He was having a good time showing off his flexibility and strength with the "warm-ups" as he waited to be told what was happening... He wanted everyone good and intimidated, as he desperatly needed "Mojo". He was not going to be bottom of the pecking order here.

Anyone who looked carefuly, though, would notice the tell-tail signs of usage of "Big K". Istvan's palms were sweaty, and his iris's were contracted. He was "High" on some of his stimmies.

Kokuten wiped off the food from the tips of his metal fingers. It was pretty good for standard ship food. His cybernetic eyes trailed around the room, his left one looking in one direction, his other one going in another direction. When he heard the announcement he gathered up his waste, cracked his neck, made his arms do a quick whir of gears to make sure that there wasn't something stuck inbetween them. The Cyborg stood up and walked to the trash can and dumped the trash in, promptly dropping the tray in it's proper place.

The Medic then dropped into the recreation room, taking note of the load of equipment and the few Neps already in the room. He saw one Nepleslian jacked up, supposedly on some sort of stimulant.

I thought those were for combat situations, my instructor always said those things cause a case of Supersilo...

He then noted a rather curly haired Nep catching his breath, the cyborg decided to keep to himself. It was his moment to smoke, and with that, he whipped out a cigar and lit it.

The newly-medicated but still quite mentally unstable Adrian strode into the room with a slightly psychotic glimmer in his eye. He saw Kokuten lighting up his cigar and clicked his tongue.
Told him not to smoke...
Adrian walked stealthily up behind him and grabbed his left shoulder before smashing a foot into the back of a kneecap and using the one remaining hand to go for the cigar.
"Come on Kokuten, remember what happened last time you smoked?"

Rico, who had been watching silently on the wall behind them, quickly stepped in and snatched the cigar from Adrian's unsuspecting hand. He stepped back a bit and flashed a mischievous grin, then took a big puff of the cigar, letting the smoke flow through his nostrils as he watched their expressions.

"You're one to talk baby. How much fuckin' medicine did you take this mornin'?" Rico said with a laugh, coughing ever so slightly at the powerful aroma of the cigar. He then tossed it back in Kokuten's direction. "Let the man have his smoke baby, anythin' to make this VR sim a bit more fun's okay by me."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back