• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check Dungeons and Dragons and Catgirls, Oh My!~

CadetNewb

Yamatai's Fifth Standard Fleet has found something. Something worthy of being listed a 'Black Site'.

It is a world where magic reigns supreme and creatures of legend roam. A place where dwarves and elves walk amongst the people. A place where dragons soar through the skies. A place where the fantastical can happen. A place that reminds Yamatai all too much about its often forgotten history and its own adventures with these very same things. This world is a reminder of Yamatai's past, and the dangers that it poses to the Star Empire, even now. As a member of the Fifth Standard Fleet, it would be your duty to descend to the planet's surface, blend in with the local populace, and find the root of this 'magic' that permeates its every fiber.

In other words, you are looking for the source of nanomachines present in every bit of this world.

Though this is meant for lots of fun, this bit of plot is intended to also tie in heavily with the site's lore, and will pose some more serious, thought provoking material as our characters venture across the surface of this planet. Perhaps more importantly, it's also meant to be the closing chapter and sendoff to the Fifth Fleet RP that I've been running since it's been passed down to me. If we got lots of momentum, and people like where this is going however, I'll open a brand new plot focusing specifically on this however, so don't get your hopes down.

There's plenty of room for good times and growth, so don't be afraid to ask away if you're interested!

Well, if the Dragon is up to it, yeah. But you'd be a lot more likely to become either a Sky Knight using a Wyvern.

Making my interest official. Didn't realize that I never actually posted in here. I would like to play a native, maybe a magic user of some sort.

Currently, natives aren't on the menu, but any SAoY personnel that would fit into the 'setting' would be. On the bright side, magic will be available pretty quick once you pass the tutorial. I don't know how many returning members we'll be having, but if @Alex Hart is still interested, that'll be three for sure.

From what I gather, they only mentioned dragons, they didn't actually encounter any (this is just from a quick search, I will read up on it more when I'm not in the middle of canon RP).

My point is, dragons don't fit the setting, as said by Wes, and should not be canonized further. Neither is magic. This whole idea goes against the sci-fi setting Wes created.

Remain? It's been canon for a while now Ame.

EDIT: Oh darn, Ninja'd. Look, if you lay out any concerns, I'll go ahead and address them best I can.

EDIT EDIT: Since you're worried about magic being in the setting, it's not. It's actually 'Magic', and the troops there are well aware of that. If you're still concerned about it, my old notes in the FM planning thread should help outline it some more.

I'm not getting into an argument with you, Ame. You've listed your concerns and called in Wes. It's his to handle.

I'm... Not asking for your input or a fight. Cadet edited his post and I was responding to it with my second post. I'm not starting a fight with you, so don't worry.

I believe magic was well explained in the past. Avanet. Ahhh... AvaNet. I haven't been around long enough to have done anything with it by any stretch, but I know a pretty good deal of what it is. It's what gave Yamatai Aetherpower. It was what gave Elves magic, and that magic is still present in the setting through Elven Potions.

What I think Cadet is going for here, is an isolated location to have a touch of a throwback. Magic granted by nanobots in the air. After all, Sufficient levels of technology, can be considered magic. Bring a tank to the Medieval ages and watch people proclaim you a magician with a giant metal beast powered by... welll... Magic :p

RPG-D RPGfix
Back