• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Dylan Bjarkmar

Alrighty, so, sitting down to look through the character, a couple of things pop out right off the bat. First off, occupation, organization, rank, plot... all of that stuff up top needs to be filled out. Fill it out as though you've been accepted to the plot you're planning on joining, it can be fixed later if needed.

Secondly, he would've been something other than Yamataian before being Minkan as well. The Yamataian body was only created and available around the time of his tenth birthday (maybe a bit later, I don't recall for sure), so he would've been something else. Geshrin, perhaps, or even just plain Nepleslian. It would probably derive from his mother, therefore making him a Geshrin.

Physical
The physical characteristics, on the whole, are barebones, but okay, outside of the build. Most of the build is nonsensical, and the lines about him being a scientist and his experience with heavy mass don't have any business being in there. The Eyes and Facial features need to be phrased as complete sentences (really, everything should always be complete sentences). The ears, you need to keep in mind, would not have been neko type ears at any point in his life before being a Minkan unless he was a male NH-29, for example. Yamataian bodies, and the Geshrins before them were human type bodies, with normal human ears. If you want to keep that bit, feel free, just mind that it's a conscious choice, not something he would have "genetically". Same thing with the hair as before, complete sentences please.

Distinguishing characteristics actually aren't bad, though I'd like to see a quick sketch of the tattoo just for reference if you can at some point. Just for a visual cue, since the description doesn't really give me an image in my head.

History
We've already had the talk about Abwehran stuff in backgrounds, and I don't particularly enjoy repeating myself. But since it's there... Abwehrans had literally no contact with the primary nations until VERY recently. It is impossible for his brother to have died on a planet (Unapproved, too) in a nation which hadn't been discovered yet, let alone to have died in an accident there close to two decades ago. (We'll leave out the fact that this information is in the Psychological section, not History).

Psychological Characteristics
As hinted at just above here, effectively none of the psychological stuff you have listed there IS psychological description. This section isn't history, it's the internal workings of the character's mind. What drives him in day to day life? How does he interact with others? What makes this character unique as a PERSON? As I mentioned before Sheeply's character creation guide features a wonderful guide for personality, and is a good way to learn to write cleaner, more thought out and original.

History
Definitely some work needed here. I get almost literally nothing about the character out of the history. Nothing of import happened until he got accepted to college, and then nothing interesting at all all of the way through the end of college? This is your opportunity to justify anything in the rest of the submission, and there's literally nothing here. Without knowing the plot, I can't say for sure, but is he joining the military? If so, he'll have been in for about six months, what with basic training and the various other processes.

It also needs to be pointed out that the Yamataian college system works a lot like the modern college system, so far as I know, where he would be studying any advanced subjects a good bit into his time in college, that wouldn't have been his primary study early on. It's the whole idea of you'd go for a Bachelor's degree in general sciences, or, for example, biology, and THEN you'd go back for a Master's degree in Advanced Xeno-Science as a specialty. You have to learn the basics before the advanced stuff, after all. That might affect his age here, if you intend him to have that level of knowledge, since it's rare for people to finish a Master's degree that fast, ESPECIALLY in the hard sciences where there is a LOT of practical and time consuming activities to slow the process down.

Also, I figure I should clarify this since you mentioned it in here. A mother's genetic structure has nothing to do with their child's makeup unless they want it to in Yamatai, and especially when it comes to nekos. Unless he was born a male neko (which is RIDICULOUSLY rare, and would take a lot of justification), his ears would be completely normal unless he WANTED them to be neko ears in the Minkan body. Geshrin and Yamataian bodies don't have neko ears.

Skills
In communications, unless he ends up being a neko, you should use a term other than youngling, since that term is used specifically for neko children in this setting. The part about him being persuasive needs to be removed, that's opinion, not skill, whether he's persuasive or not depends on the arguments he makes, not how persuasive he thinks he is.

In biology, again, the first sentence is only barely relevant, the second sentence belongs in the personality section, and the last sentence isn't really accurate, as saying he professed in xeno-biology implies he actively TAUGHT the subject. Overall, there's no actual information about what his biology skills are.

Medical and Science is WAY out there. Medicine is an INCREDIBLY complex and in depth direction to study. If he went with medicine in any depth really big enough to get skill (in college) than he wasn't doing anything else. Medical school is difficult, long, and exhausting. On top of that, again, first sentence doesn't belong here, and second sentence doesn't really say anything. Does he know first aid? Or is he a real doctor? Does he know how to stitch someone up, or could he straight up perform surgery?

Knowledge skill needs to either be removed or completely rewritten. That skill deals with mental exercises, like the ability to retain a greater percentage of what he hears, or knowing the intricacies of the law. it would have VERY little to do with science skills (knowledge pertaining to those is in that skill section, not knowledge).

Chemistry, again, needs more detail on what the actual skill is. That's a VERY broad field. Is he capable of mixing materials out of their base ingredients? Just following recipes? Creating things from scratch purely based on intuition?

Mathematics needs more specific information as well. Most of what you describe him using it for sounds more like Astrogation and Stellar Cartography type activites, which would fall under Starship operations, not Mathematics. Mathematics, in SARP, just as in real life, refers to the pure math side of things, like trigonometry, statistics, accounting... The pure math side of things.

Humanity seems like an odd skill based on the rest of his description. Psychology and the like are VERY separate from the primary sciences, as they are based more on opinion and theory than numbers and provable data.

Overall? Give him some skills outside of science. He's too heavily focused, and it definitely feels like you're going for a "Great at ALL THE THINGS" vibe here on anything that might have to do with xeno-science, which, on its own? Is a HUGE field, that would take several decades to really get good at even a few of the major disciplines. Scientists tend to pick a focus early on and stick with it, because you can't really excel at multiple fields without a literal lifetime of effort.

Past there, I just don't get any feel for the character. Every skill he has (with the possible exception of communication) is directly derived from his schooling. Does he have no hobbies, no skills outside of his school time? Even more than that, does the plot you want to put him in have any required skills? Because if so, you'll have to remove some of what is there to fit those in too.

Inventory
You don't need to include the scanner in the inventory if you're going to include the science kit, since it's included. However, keep in mind that scanner and kit are ONLY available to SAoY personnel, not the general market. Unless your character is a member of the Yamataian military, they have no access to that kit. If you're in the Yamataian military, you need the full standard issue equipment, and you need to rework the skills as well.

You also need to deduct the value of any items you get outside of basic items justified by the history from your starting finances. Guns like the Peashooter are EXPENSIVE, that's not the kind of thing you can really snag for free.

Overall
Good start to the character, but there is still a decent bit of work that needs to be done before the character is ready to be approved. The desired plots section definitely needs to be added so we can put the proper GMs in touch.

I moved the wiki article to the character: namespace and updated the link above.

Just popping in here to say, Yorick17, you can't automatically put your character into a plot, the bit in the backstory where you claim he got a job on the ship in the Fringe plot needs to be removed. You have not joined that plot yet and there are two people ahead of you in the waiting list.

If there is no relevant rank to include, just eliminate that row of the character card, please.

You should also create a link for the races other than Geshrin. If you link one, you might as well link the rest.

In terms of occupation, you'd probably be a Scientist, rather than a science officer. Since the Fringe isn't a military plot, I'm not sure what terminology would be appropriate, but science officer is usually used in a militarized setting.

Physical
Build still makes no sense. Describing a person as long doesn't mesh at all, and describing muscles as "long but not broad" makes no sense either. The line about heavy mass should still be edited as well. It might be better to phrase it as... "You can, however, still see the past muscle bulk from heavy labor with his parents on a farm."

The hair still needs to be edited to use complete, sensible sentences.

Like I said, a quick sketch of the tattoo would be appreciated, just because "black stripes resembling a hand" is rather hard to picture.

Psychological
The first two sentences still have no bearing on psychological characteristics as they're written now. The rest of the section is... okay, if still rather empty. the line about environmental activism should be removed. And I still get almost no idea of how this guy would interact with anyone. I know how he feels about his general science stuff and that's about it.

Again, look at Sheeply's guide if you're having trouble. Just detailing the dominant versus submissive personality, and the primary drives would very effectively fill out the profile.

History
Decent additions to the History, but now it's all hopscotched around the place. You bounce back and forth between different times with no consistency.

Now, the part about schooling kinda goes counter to your story about him being really good at science, because 5 years to complete a bachelors degree is actually WAY more time than it takes. Most people finish in four, maybe even 3 years.

Again, his mother's ears have no relation to his ears if he wasn't born a neko. So if he was a Geshrin originally, he NEVER had neko ears UNTIL he went to the Minkan body.

Also, as Cora pointed out, you haven't been employed on the Concordia yet, so that shouldn't be in the history.

Skills
Communications skill still needs some work. I'm not sure what the second sentence is trying to say, but it almost reads like you're just trying to say he's persuasive without using the word. If that's the case, then, AGAIN, that needs to be removed. This deals with his skills, not the impact they might have on others.

Biology still needs all of the first post's edits.

Medical and science is still far too vague on what he knows.

Knowledge needs to be fixed. As has been mentioned before, the wiki is factual. There are no "claims", or "has been said". Everything on here needs to be it is, or it isn't. One or the other.

Chemistry seems like a... bad idea, to put it mildly. Poking around with unknown substances is one of the most dangerous things a chemist can do, and the ones who do so without LOTS of expensive equipment and training don't tend to live very long. This whole skill just seems like it's an excuse for a GM to kill you off VERY quickly.

Mathematics still bears no relation to the actual skill.

Humanity, again, doesn't seem to be explained anywhere in his history, and doesn't fit with the rest.

Overall, again, like I said. Take away... say Humanity, Knowledge, and Chemistry, and just add in little stuff, like that he's decently physically fit because he likes running, or some such. You're putting too much into wanting him to be a scientist who knows ALL THE THINGS about anything non-human, but that's a HUGE field, and one I'm NOT going to approve him having all of the skills for, period. As it's written right now, he's taken part in about forty years of schooling to have any resemblance of real training in half of the things you have him listed as being able to do.

This is a simpler section than you're making it, just keep in mind that your GM can approve later additions to your skills so you can talk to @Floodwaters about adding various skills if you develop them during RP. Where your character is at when he's approved is not all he'll ever have.

Inventory
You still need to deduct the value of the Peashooter (1000KS, plus any of the accessories/ammo) from your starting finances, since I didn't see anything in the article justifying him having it at all.

This character still needs major work before approval.

I'll chime in here and say that I agree with pretty much everything Aendri said, but I'll play the good cop and tell you to just keep trying! There's a lot of thought that goes into making a character, and no one gets it completely right the first time or even the second time in many cases, especially when you're learning a new setting from scratch. And even though it seems like you're being bombarded with criticism, just remember that the fact that people like Aendri have taken the time to detail out the sections of your article that need work means that they're trying to help you make it better.

I can get a general idea of where you're going with Dylan, but as stated above, the article needs some more polish and tweaking to make it useable. The SARP wiki exists for the benefit of GMs and players alike, and if the GM can't get clear, concise information about the characters in his/her plot from a look at their article, his/her job becomes much more difficult, and might result in assumptions made that you didn't intend. Put some more detail into his physical description, and try to reword the existing parts to make them a little more concise. While I think I understand what you mean by "long but lean" muscles, the way it's worded is a bit ambiguous and borderline confusing to some. Write more about his personality and behavior under the Psychological Characteristics section, rather that just his career aspirations and a line or two about his affinity for environmentalism. How does he behave when he's around large crowds? Small groups? When he's alone? When he's among people he knows very well? When he's among strangers? What kinds of activities does he enjoy? What makes others think of him as antisocial or reclusive when he's working? Why does he love study and science?

Furthermore, to elaborate on that last question, what field of science does he specialize in? As Aendri said, "Science" is an immensively broad, sweeping title that covers more knowledge than any (quasi)mortal being could ever hope to have a deep understanding of in its entirety. Even the major sciences can be further broken down over and over again into increasingly specific areas (quantum physics, biochemistry, xenogeology, marine biology). Doctorate theses are written over the course of several years and span hundred of pages covering a topic that would warrant a mere paragraph in a more generalized textbook. All but the most cartoonish, satirial caracatures of "Scientists" focus their efforts on a particular area, or else they are so spread out that they never accomplish anything meaningful.

As a final note, to once more mimic what has already been said, please never assume that you are a part of any ongoing plot until you are specifically told so by the GM. Many plots (including mine) will include an "introduction" phase where your character begins their journey in that story, whether it's by military orders, signing a contract, or a bar fight. :p While you're building your character, his history should include everything that has already happened, not anything that has yet to pass.

If you have any further specific questions on what to work on or how to do it, don't hesitate to ask on here, on the IRC, or by sending me a PM. There are plenty of people willing to help you out if you ask, and we can get you to RPing sooner! :)

I've added a lot of things again, so see if it's good enough now. I've edited the finances section too.

On thing, if you see it, can you please tell me if Wunderkind is a real word or is it child prodigy? I don't know 'cause I'm from Holland.

Wunderkind is German in origin, I believe, it's just another wording used to describe someone who has much more talent than is normal at that age. Soccer is the most common use that I know of.

Replaced your anon art with the general art, not the SAoY art.

Much better on the build section, though you've kinda fixed some things, duplicated others, and still have some that should be removed. I made a quick edit, look over it and check, and I'll revert it if you don't approve of it. Under eyes and facial features though, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say about the eyebrows, so some clarification is needed there. I also made a bit of an edit to that section, same as before, let me know if I removed or changed something overly important. Other part to clarify would be whether or not he has stubble of a full beard, or just a little bit of a soul patch, what? Stubble is fairly generic, and can cover a range of things. Removed the part about neko ears being rare on Minkan. They're not common, but they're not exactly rare either. It's a common body type for former nekos, after all. Included a small edit to the distinguishing features as well.

I'd probably eliminate the entire first paragraph of the personality, as it's written now. Or at the very least, merge it into the history. That's more explaining the WHY behind his personality than it is any of the personality. Last sentence of the second paragraph can be left out. The point of the detail in the rest of it is that you don't have to lay it out like that, we should get the picture WITHOUT you telling us he's Sub/Real, and you've actually done a great job this time through. Went ahead and fixed up some of the stuff in the third paragraph as well, mostly little phrasing things. Last two sentences should be removed entirely, those could be added to likes, or explained as hobbies in the skills section, they're not really personality traits. (Also, jogging from the time he was 5, or even earlier? That's a hard sell.)

Under history, you probably want to change out Wunderkind for child prodigy. Wunderkind is almost exclusively used in germanic languages, and to my knowledge, Abwehr is the only nation that really pulls from those languages. Past there... Family/Creators section is pretty much just intended to be a list of direct family and that kind of stuff, not history. Most of what you have in there (actually, pretty much all of it so far as I can tell) should be shifted down into the Pre-RP section, and just have a short bulleted list of his family, and maybe a single sentence or phrase about each (I tend to just list names, ages, and whether or not they're alive). Most of the information in there is good, just in the wrong place. The two sentence bit about his parents being farmers and the like needs to be worked down and added to a different paragraph, it's not very good standing on its own.

Xeno-Science is a VERY broad category, as has been stated before. Not only is it hard to believe he'd have four separate major degrees, but having four degrees in completely unrelated fields (and each field covers incredibly much more than any normal field does) is just pushing it too far. I honestly don't know how to say this more clearly than we already have, but CUT. IT. BACK. I understand you want him to be a specialist in xeno stuff, but that's a HUGE field. For him to really be good in any of the fields you mentioned, it would be a full time, active study, and an ongoing one at that. Just in terms of known, MAJOR races, there are about a dozen, and some of them have more diversity among their subsets than humans do, total. And any xeno-science skill would be based around Having studied a wide range of them in enough detail to be able to extrapolate information about a completely new race with no ties to the known ones. It's a HUGE amount of information to process, even just for the single categories, like xeno-biology, or psychology. I'd also warn against including psychology, again, because it's a very loose science, with none of the hard-science facets that the other skills you've marked out have. Psychology specific to humans, or even just the known humanoids (for example, limiting it to just Yamataian and Nepleslian primary races) is not just a full time study, but one that is VERY hard to do with any real degree of accuracy.

In terms of his actual degrees? As it's written they'd need changes. There is no "advanced sciences" degree. He would get a degree in a specific field, like biology, at the bachelor level, and then specialize further with Masters. So, for example, he might have a Bachelor's in Biology, with a focus on sentient life, and then have a Master's in Xeno-biology, focusing on the same. You seem to have some misconceptions about the breadth of what it's feasible to study at any given time. And just getting those two, very specific degrees would take at least 6 years in most places, more likely 8. And then he would have to start from scratch for each subsequent basis. 8 years for the xeno-bio, then another 8-12 for the xeno-psych, and so on. A bachelor's is a very basic intro to the field, then you specialize at something in the field with the Master's.

The other big part to keep in mind here is that being in school until you're thirty is EXPENSIVE. Especially with science or medical degrees, you don't have much time to work a job, or anything else along those lines, so you're relying on external support to pay for everything. Unless his family has a LOT of money, he probably couldn't afford to be in school that long.

Communications, is he fluent in Lorath or not? It's a yes or no kinda thing.

Under biology, you have to understand, having a degree in xeno-biology is still fairly broad in scope. By no means would he be able to "understand never before seen plants and animals". Having a degree like that means he understand how to learn stuff about it, not that he can just eyeball it and know it. There is FAR too much variation in even a single planet's ecosystems to ever be able to just eyeball stuff. It's like how people have been studying Earth's specimens for literal decades, and we're still finding things we didn't know about at all, and finding out we misunderstood things we thought we knew. If this is his specialty, I'll believe he is capable of learning about this kind of stuff, but it would still be a process. Outside of very basic, usually erratic assumptions, very little can be said without serious research.

I'd honestly just eliminate the medical skill. I understand why you want to include it, but it's just adding onto the pile of stuff he'd not have had time to really study, and if he's no good at it, then there's no point in including it regardless.

Just out of curiosity, why is he informed about Proposal 4? If he's not military, and no one in the family is, it seems like the kind of thing he has no reason to have taken an interest in.

Chemistry, no. Like I said, experimenting with new materials is DANGEROUS. There IS no "basic skills to ensure nothing explodes". The most you can do is contain the potential impacts, and that is EXPENSIVE. It's why so few labs IRL ever actually develop new or previously unidentified elements. Trying to create or verify stuff like that is both dangerous and expensive, and the kind of thing that requires stability and dedication. Like I already said, I'd just straight out remove the skill. It's more trouble than it's worth.

Under Math, you're still including stuff that doesn't belong, like studying anomalies. That kind of study is part of the Starship Operations skill, and again, is a field entirely of its own, and very nearly a doctorate level field at that, not just masters. If you want to include triangulation and the like, that suits, but that has nothing to do with studying anomalies. Quantum Physics and Dimensional Theory are both extrapolations of physics as well, not any part of theoretical math.

The humanity skill is, again, not something I'm seeing justified. That would be a decade of study on its own, and people spend that long learning in depth information about other cultures, let alone other races. This skill needs to be removed as it currently stands.

Again, the skills need to be cut back. I honestly need to see a lot more effort out of you in this section than I have thus far. You keep adding stuff, or detailing it more, without ever addressing the basic issues with the skills. You need to cut the skills back, simplify more, and refine what is there, not add a whole ton more. As it stands right now, this one section would prevent approval.

That's right on the finances, but keep in mind that 1000ks buys you the gun and 3 magazines. That doesn't include any ammunition, holsters, any of that.

This character is still not ready for approval. Also, just for the sake of clarity, please start replying to the critiques here in the thread, don't just edit the article. As things currently stand, I'm having to re-read the entire article every time to figure out what changes you've actually made.

I've changed some things, specificially in the skills and history section. I indeed realise that this character was getting overpowered, so I've tried to remove that effect. Also, the physical section seems fine by me, and you agreed so I'm not gonna change that anymore. Now it's mostly a matter of getting skills and history right, correct? Let me hear if something is missing. Also, feel free to adjust any typos and grammar flaws.

I'm not part of the approval comity but glancing over some parts that were mentioned before you still have some problems lingering there. Like you have a line in there pretty much saying that he has neko ears because of his mother. But because you have him starting as a Geshrin he can't inherit neko ears. He'd have had to choose them on his own as a yamataian. Also the last two paragraphs in his history just out right contradict each other. You're saying he took one path in one paragraph but then in the next you're saying he took another path, and both of them started from highschool.

Also on the skills section, his math&physics skill is just wrong. <.< Everything you put in there really has nothing to do with 'Math and Physics'.

And as said before, you need to narrow the scope of his study. Your degrees you're giving him are too 'broad'. And way too many. As it is right now you have him in college for roughly 17 years. But you have him doing what would take at least twice that long if not 3 times that. And that's just to get the number of degrees you have, not actually the amount of information you're claiming that he knows.

My personal suggestion? Pick 1 field of study and focus on that, Xeno-biology, Xeno-psychology, or spectrography. Each one of those to even get a master's is going to take probably 8 or more years of study -on its own- if you stake them together that's minimum 24, but as Aendri said, Xeno-psych is probably 12. That's not including any medical knowledge or anything like that. You should pick one degree and have your character focus on that. And make that their point of focus, that way they can actually have a high level of competency in that field. Practical scientist do not usually just keep piling on several degrees. They tend to pick one field, and dedicate their study and efforts into learning and advancing that field.

Last edited:
All right, I've removed most skills such as maths& physics, chemistry and knowledge. Also, I've added some sort of hair style and described ho he got Neko-ears. Just for clarity, I'm not saying he was born with Neko-ears, but that he wanted them and got them in his Minkan body. But you'll see it, I've added it in the article too so other will understand. Also, I've removed and edited some of the degrees. Only two skills remain: biology, which he studied and is his line of work, and humanity, 'cause biologist also look to human and animal behaviour which falls under this skill.

I hope it is good enough now, and narrowing the degree field has certainly improved the quality of this character. If there is anything else needing to be done, let me know.

The eyelashes still need clarification. What do you mean, "double line of eyelashes"?

Stubble I'll let slide if everything else is fixed, but still, you should clarify HOW MUCH stubble we're talking about.

Personality edits still haven't been made, outside of removing the sub-real part.

Family/Creators edits still need to be made.

Skills are now non-existent. I don't know if you just haven't listened to any of what I've been saying, or if you just don't care, man. I'm not saying you can't have 7 skills, I'm saying you need to cut back on the "badass at everything xeno-science" thing. The note about his jogging in the personality section? Make that a physical skill. Presumably jogging long term would give him pretty solid stamina, if nothing else. (You still need to alter the age, most kids aren't exactly ambulatory on that level at the pre-school ages)

Does the character have no hobbies? Doesn't play any games? Enjoy camping? Play an instrument? Did he learn to shoot vermin on the farm? The character can be more than just his job without being overpowered.

You still need to edit Humanity. There's a big difference between understanding behavioral patterns of non-sentient beings, and thinking people. If you want to have it written in that he's capable of behavioral studies in animals he finds, that should probably be part of the biology skill, not humanities. Humanities deals with understanding thinking, sentient beings, and learning more about their mental processes.

The biology skill still needs a bit of rewording to, namely in terms of the first line.

Again, just to be clear, as it is right now, you have a gun, but no bullets, and no carry method. If that's the intent that's fine.

Edits requested have NOT been completed.

I'll step in here again and give you some more positive feedback - your character sheet definitely shows improvement from its initial write-up. :)

As Aendri said, you can have more skills than just three, in fact, I'd reccommend it. Add the Physical skill at least, since as a Minkan he'd probably be impressively strong, especially given his farming background. I'm going to tag @Wes and ask for his input on the Nekovalkyrja in general, however, since Dylan's mother is one - is it plausible for a Neko to be a farmer? I thought Nekovalkyrja were genetically engineered super-soldiers, which makes it seem like a poor allocation of resources to have one pushing a plow. I'm not saying it's impossible, I just would like more clarification on the "why."

If you are still interested in joining The Fringe, I should warn you that most of his academic skills will likely be wasted, because you would essentially be sticking an MIT graduate in with the likes of something akin to a futuristic Jesse James. The crew of the Concordia Veil won't be embarking on many scientific endeavours aside from possibly exploring uncharted worlds, but even so, such expeditions will be less about scientific study and more about get-rich-quick schemes, or hiding from authorities. That isn't to say his extensive knowledge wouldn't come in handy from time to time, but it won't be a focus.

With that said, from what I gather about Dylan, he has something of a promising career and comfortable life. Characters on The Fringe will largely be vagabonds and people with sordid pasts; as your bio stands now, I see no reason why he would fall in with such types. However, if you can flesh out some reason for him to leave his relatively comfortable life and join up with a morally questionable crew (via some tragedy or unfortunate circumstance that forces him to), that would satisfy me as well as potentially provide for some interesting RP opportunities, much like the stark contrast between Simon Tam and the rest of the crew in the show Firefly.

I suggest looking over some other established characters' bios on the wiki to give you some guidance. Here is my character bio, to give you a place to start looking, but by no means consider it to be the end-all blueprint by which all character sheets should be judged. Look around and see what other people have done, and try to use that as inspiration for your own character.

Don't feel obligated to write out every single detail about Dylan right now, as many of those will evolve naturally in the RP. However, it will help you immensely if you draw up a framework within which you can work, as well as give people like Aendri a clearer picture of the kind of person Dylan is. :)

Miss. Floodwaters, A Neko can always retire as a full citizen at the end of her enlistment. Then she can do what ever she wants. Misato has toyed with the Idea that is basicly what you are doing with the Concordia Veil. Not that I'm saying you stole it at all :p

Now Wes can correct this but yeah once retirement comes up then the Neko is free to do as she wants.

I've added some basic skills, such as culinary and physical, to make up for the lack of 7 skills. Also some improvements on the personality, and on the inventory. I hope it's almost getting ready now.

Technology Operation as a skill covers the character's proficiency and familiarity with forms of technology modern to the SARP universe, predominantly computer technology. You seem to have addressed Dylan's basic aptitude in stellar cartography and astrogation, which isn't the same thing.

Under Fighting, saying "his father went mad" is the English equivalent of saying "his father went insane." I assume you meant to say his father became angry, so if you could reword that, it would clarify the message. Also, this section abruptly stops at the end, as if you didn't finish writing it. :)

They do, which brings me back to a point I brought up in a prior post - I'm still unclear on what role Dylan is intended to fill.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back