• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission El-M2-1a Lightning Slug Shotgun "Zeus"

META_mahn

Submission Type: Weapon
Template Used: Weapon
Submission WIP URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?...eapons:power_armor:lighting_slug_shotgun_zeus
Submission Destination URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?...eapons:power_armor:lighting_slug_shotgun_zeus

Faction: Elysian Celestial Navy
FM Approved Yet? I am the FM.
Faction requires art? No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes (Ammunition article here https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?...:weapons:munitions:power_armor:zeus_ammuniton )
Contains New art? Acquiring art
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: A guide on how to be horrifically lazy.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Ammunition page has an empty "Stats" header.

Never have an article with red links. Moving and renaming articles has been made easy in the last year, so there's no reason to have red links in a submission, even if you are planning ahead to when they'll be approved or something.

Link to DRv3 in the ammunition.

Manufacturer and YE of manufacture should be in the ammunition page.

Sorry to jump in and continue being a pest but I am still very much interested in the whole "lightning in space" concept for my own future ideas, has there been any discussion over that or is it being put down to a "SARP can do it" decision?

again i have to bring up that unless the gasses are contained they will be instantly dispersed and rend lightning impossible, that video you linked has far more promise imo at being feasible

Its especially interesting as ins a current time, proof, of the concept working which is somet I hadn't seen before now, with that i suggest using that principal rather than gas which really doesn't like sticking together in space. But as i mentioned in the discord if the shells were superconductors which wouldn't be hard in sarp, then the gun could discharge into them at distance into the shells after they make contact with the target.

Sorry again for being so persistent but it's probably better sorted now than a couple years later when someone points to it and says it doesnt make sense right?

Remember that applying too much science kills catgirls. But yeah, the plasma arc is a better failsafe method to make sure shells go off. The residue electromagnetic field inside the gun should be able to throw a big enough arc to reach the shell.

I was under the impression this was the good level of science since im just saying gas doesnt work in space, especially considering the scrutiny I've seen given to articles in recent times. But I'm willing to go through this kind of science myself if needed rather than suddenly gas working in space cause who knows what players will be around after we're gone or too busy to be active

Edit: sorry again, I really did want this done but got a bit into it since this has been one of the bery few sciences used I actually understand compared to theoretical ftl and all that jazz

Last edited:
It still should function, if the ionized gas trail stays coherent. Remember that unlike vacuums used in labs, space isn’t constantly sucking gas out — the venting from opening air locks is caused by pressure difference.

True but I expect you’d need quite a large amount of gas to facilitate it through so perhaps as a starship weapon?

The potential for in atmosphere use is pretty big though

If the electromagnetism inside of the gun is arcing, it would be short circuiting the coil gun / railgun part. You’d want to be using a separate mechanism for generating an electrical path after the shot.

ACTUALLY IM WRONG.

Elysia uses biotechnology. Aka, “it’s controlled via nervous system logic”

Aka it’s even more complicated but also avoids certain issues via targeted bioelectrical induction.

This review is for: Zeus and ammunition with URLs:
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?...eapons:power_armor:lighting_slug_shotgun_zeus

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?...:weapons:munitions:power_armor:zeus_ammuniton

The submitted article is/has…
[✓] A very high level of overall quality
[✓] A general topic sentence under the title header
[✓] Artwork (Required for new species; Strongly recommended for vehicles and hand weapons)
[✓] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[✓] In the proper format/template
[✓] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[✓] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[✓] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[✓] No red and/or broken links
[✓] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[✓] Reasonably neutral point of view
The submitted article is/does not…
[✓] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[✓] Obtusely redundant
[✓] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[✓] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[✓] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[✓] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[✓] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[✓] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[✓] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[✓] Lacking Detail
[✓] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)
The article has…
[n/a] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[✓] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[✓] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[✓] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Approved

RPG-D RPGfix
Back