• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Rejected Submission [Elysia] Elysian Product Nomenclature System

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
  • Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Nope.
  • Contains New Art? Nope.
  • Previously Submitted? Nope.
  • Changelog: N/A
  • Checklist Requested? Yes.
It's amazing what one can accomplish in a few hours with an actual laptop. :D

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Elysian Co-FM. I can't do this submission and I don't think Arbs can either due to that. Needs to be one of the staff although I'm sure they'll just throw a 3-day timer at it.

I still think it makes more sense for Elysia to just the international standard (Yamatai and Nepleslia's) one instead of making their own version.

Acknowledged, @Wes - I'm withdrawing this submission.

Edit: Instead of withdrawing it, might I suggest a compromise? The Elysian Nomenclature System would use the same letters as the international one - with the exception of "S," as Elysia utilizes that for its Seraphim - but would use Elysian years for its subsystems (i.e. a weapon subsystem made this year would be El-D2-W1100 instead of El-D2-W4000).

Last edited:
This review is for: Elysian Product Nomenclature with URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:faction:elysia:nomenclature

The submitted article is/has…
[X] A very high level of overall quality
[X] A general topic sentence under the title header
[-] Artwork (Required for new species; Strongly recommended for vehicles and hand weapons)
[See below] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[X] In the proper format/template
[X] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[X] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[X] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[X] No red and/or broken links
[X] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[X] Reasonably neutral point of view
The submitted article is/does not…
[X] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[X] Obtusely redundant
[X] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[See below] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[See below] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[X] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[X] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[X] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[X] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[X] Lacking Detail
[-] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)
The article has…
[-] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[-] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[X] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[See below] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

NOTES:
It contains ref's to IC events that haven't occurred only because these events were going to be canonized in this wiki page, not a problem. Nothing else is a problem. There is good formatting and it is clear and understandable.
It isn't needed or useful to the setting. Elysia is a faction, but is also a Suzerainty and ultimately would defer to Yamatai for the international standard.
I recommend keeping this on ice until it is a better time for Elysia to take such a leap of independence.

Rejected

RPG-D RPGfix
Back