• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill Encounter! Enter the Sourcian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kairi's eyes widened. "That looks like some sort of weapons system...! Toshi-kun, what course of action should we take?"

Toshiro looked closer.

"No...I think it's a readout of the Ravisher...the alien ship doesn't seem to trust the Ravisher...and...the OS is changing? The Yggdrasill's computer systems are getting some sort of enhancement!"

Kairi came closer. "...In the world...?" was all she could mutter. "Toshi-kun, maybe we should send a message to the Ravager before this gets out of hand..."

Ken was truly on edge now, ready to bust ass and get out of there at the drop of a pin. "This is really starting to creep me out...I don't trust it Capt'n." he said, ear twitching.

Sakura/Yggdrasill JP:

https://stararmy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=55147#55147

JP part III:

ON: Ravisher, Yggdrasill

Elisa was quick to arrive on the bridge, fully dressed and armed. "Hanako."

Hanako gave Elisa a warm hug, holding on for a few moments before finally releasing the Shoi. She sighed. "You frightened me, Elisa."

Elisa smiled in an enigmatic way and stroked the Taisa's hair teasingly. "I don't suppose you have a plan..."

"If the ship is truly sentient, I believe I must let it go freely, whereever it wishes. I have yet to recieve directions to capture it, only to scan it heavily while the chance is available," the Taisa said.

Toshiro sighed in relief when he saw the shuttle return its very...impulsive passenger to the Ravisher... "...Right...I guess next we ask it how its technology works and the other things? Maybe if it knows what happened to the other unit...this 'X'?"

Get on with it. the voice told Elisa.

"...things are slightly more complicated, Hanako," Elisa replied. "However, that seems the right course of action." There is something I have to do, first.

The Lorath ship sat by idly. The others seemed to be busy with eachother, and not to seem rude...the commander opted to wait for a few moments.

"It's a sentient ship, Toshiro. I'm sure just like any being if you poke and prod to much you won't get much in return," Remi replied idly. "Besides, do you believe it would tell us how its technology works?" She raised an inquisitive eyebrow.

"MEGAMI found some star charts on the Yggdrasill's computer," Hanako noted."Perhaps I can find more puzzle pieces at the marked systems." She sat down in a rolling chair by the table.

Toshiro thought a moment, before nodding in agreement. "True...I guess if it wants to tell us anything else, it will...but this X may be hurt or damaged...I still think we should ask about him/her/it..."

Not soon after, MEGAMI silently informed the Taisa of a message piggybacked through the EIES system currently on the Yggdrasill and transmitted to the Ravisher. It had come from the doctor onboard who Hanako knew as Remi. Apparantly the message was addressed to Yuriko, and was awaiting approval from the Taisa before being sent to her.

Hanako skimmed the message briefly.

"It was possibly Maras' enemy," The doctor implied.

I take it that wasn't part of your plan. Elisa coughed slightly before responding again. "Where are these systems?"

Toshiro shook his head. "No...it was in the list with this Rebeka, who turned out to be its Commander...I think that was a crew or passenger manifest...it can't hurt to ask, right?"

The EIES mysteriously disengaged as Toshiro asked of the missing unit. A simple image was displayed, portrayed next to an image of himself. It was easily larger than an armor and appeared quite imposing.

"They are quite far away," Hanako said.

Contained on the message were a few personal things. Introducing herself, commending her for her career to date. Seemed the doctor knew of it even though she was a civilian. Though she hinted at knowing Yuriko's father Ichigo. Near the tail end of the message Remi apologised for not being there for her which would most certainly confuse the pilot. If Hanako kept reading the mail got more personal on a note of it reveling in a way Remi was her mother. It looked like the doctor was trying to find Yuriko to tell her these things in person but a lot had happened in the short time since her arrival near Lor.

Hanako approved the message and refocused on Elisa.

"I see..." Elisa looked to the side. "Have you communicated with the other ships, yet?"

Toshiro was quite surprised by the response... "...I believe I'll save that, too..." He saved the data to disk, and continued to stare at the image... "You can obviously hear me, Maras-san...Will you tell me where X was lost? Is X an ally of yours as I assume?"

"Not yet. We should update them," she said. She pulled up a video chat window and opened channels with Yggdrasil and the Zahl. "The alien vessel is sentient - because of that, no one can claim it as property. Please allow it to travel unmolested."

Remi remained silent as she kept her stationary position next to Toshiro. The boy had to learn on his own sometime.

What was once a male voice to the psionic aboard was now a female voice. It seemed to shift, depending on who it was talking to. "He went missing." It was strange to hear such a thing directly and not see it plastered across every display on the bridge.

Toshiro was quite surprised, but nodded. "...Do you wish us to look for him? Perhaps if he is in safe space, within our range, we can keep an eye open for him..." As he did this, he began to type a text message to Hanako... Yggdrasill has no contest to the ruling. It is exactly what we'd hoped for, Taisa Ketsurui-Hime-Sama.

"He was last with the commander," the voice spoke, referring to Rebeka.

The exaggerated titles made Hanako blush a little. "Thank you." She closed the window and looked to Elisa. "But, what will you do? I can tell you wish to go back."

"I do the same thing I've always done - just what I have to," Elisa simply said. "I don't think you can hold that against me."

Toshiro continued to think...but where was the ship's commander until now? He then sent a text message to the Ambassador, hoping it would get through. With the turning on and off of lines, it was hard to tell. Ambassador...We are curious...how and where did you get separated from Maras?

The ambassador was not on the line.

"But does that mean...leaving me? Even leaving the Star Army?" Hanako asked, her big, wet golden eyes searching for answers.

It does.

...you are right, of course. But she's like a child. I'm not sure I can hold her actions against her like you can. Elisa didn't answer.

Toshiro sighed again, and again tried to contact Maras... "Where did you lose contact with the two then? I need to know the area if at all possible. If not, I guess I'll just keep my eyes open in general."

Toshiro received no response.

"Please speak," Hanako ordered.

"...it may."

He shrugged and looked to Remi. "...I'll show all Senior Crewmen the image then. Given what happened here...I hope you'll forgive me if I don't disclose this data to the Star Army." Toshiro said this with a bit of disappointment, slumping in his chair. "..."

Remi arched an eyebrow. "Don't worry about it, Captain. I'm no longer in the Star Army." She shrugged and patted his shoulder. "You know, you seem to be getting the hang of this despite it being your first time at it," The doctor remarked.

Hanako wanted to scream out in frustration. Instead, she hid it inside like a polite little servant girl should. "The Sakura's repairs and upgrades should be complete. As soon as MEGAMI finishes with Yggdrasill, we will return to Ketsurui Star Fortress."

Toshiro smiled slightly. "Thank you...I'm just a bit disappointed...from what Onii-san told me about the Army, I...expected better from their officers."

"Yes, Hanako." Elisa bowed and left the bridge. She knew she was breaking Hanako's heart...but so too did she know that heartbreak made one stronger in the end. And if there were only two things that Ketsurui Hanako needed more than anything else, they would be pain and strength.

Remi nodded slowly. "Officers vary from branch to branch and fleet to fleet. I know of quite a few good ones," She replied quietly.

A figure in the corner of Elisa's eyes followed her out, walking alongside her. She seemed to be some manner of blend between Sana and Rebeka. She spoke in a manner closer to Miles and it became increasingly harder to remember that this person was not real. "Ah, so you came through afterall, Elisa?"

Toshiro seemed to take comfort in this... "I wasn't meant to be Captain of the Yggdrasill...I was meant to be my brother's Apprentice, and maybe his XO...but he was a pilot for the SA like her, and...died. He left me the ship and I rebuilt it into this...seeing that woman having such a disregard for her own actions, and others' lives, when Onii-san died protecting such things...made me lose my temper."

Elisa said only this: "I suppose I've sold my soul now, and you're the devil."

OFF: Ravisher

Remi sighed a little. "I think you happen to be a decent captain from what I've seen of my brief stay," She commented, "You rescued me, showed concern, and in a situation like this, you held it delicately and showed concern for all parties involved." The hand she had placed on his shoulder remained and gave a little reassuring squeeze.

Toshiro gave a small blush with the praise... "It's one of the key missions of the Yggdrasill...Rescue. Besides...who knows what may happen because of what we've seen and done today? Frankly, I'm glad it ended at least peacefully with the vessel's right acknowledged."

"So you should." Remi took the hand away. "Tell me, what do you think makes a good captain?"

Toshiro seemed to think for a moment before answering...he thought for at least 30 seconds, actually... "...Well...concern for life and well-being is a big thing for me personally...staying true to the mission, whatever it may be...having a bit of flexibility...and not getting a god complex, I suppose. Also, sharing in the spoils...I'm sorry if that's not super insightful, but I am still learning."

Remi just listened politely until he finished. "Is that so..." She spoke quietly. "Learning is a good thing when you captain a vessel. You hold the lives of your crew in your hands. And someday what you learn maybe used to save their lives or the lives of others." The doctor tapped the side of her nose briefly. "You're still naive in some areas...." She smirked a little, remembering what Elisa had said. She wondered how she could tell him what the pilot had ment. "You'll grow into the role, don't worry."

Toshiro nodded, glad to at least have the approval of a former soldier...she wasn't that far higher than his brother in rank, really...

"So, do you still require me here on the bridge?" Remi asked remembering she had left Serenity alone in the medical area.

"Well...If you want to go back you can...it's up to you, Miyoshi-hakase. I'll manage up here, as things seem to be winding down," Toshiro said, his eyes on the screen.

Remi nodded briefly, and brought a finger up to her lips and kissed it. As she began to walk away the doctor placed it gently on his cheek letting it trail off as she neared the bridge exit. "If you require my assistance again just give me a ring." The doctor called casually dissappearing around a corner.

Toshiro's blush remained but before he could respond, she was gone...he kept monitoring frequencies, half in thought, have in wait.

END

Kairi had stormed off, and was in the cargo bay polishing her combat knives obsessively. A halting string of curses could be heard in Japanese, English, and a bit of Lorath. She had seen on a viewscreen the actions following her storming off after offering Remi a chair.
Her cursing finally stopped, and she put the knives away, wiping away the beginnings of a single tear and walking back to the bridge...

Lain had left the bridge fairly quickly, making instead for his quarters.

It was right about then that Reis woke up with a start, about the time as Lain returned to their room, somewhat uncertainly. She glanced up, then pushed herself up, feeling just slightly uncomfortable.

Lain answered her before she even managed to ask, "...we're in contact with an unknown alien vessel. I don't know that it concerns you overmuch, but you should perhaps be aware."

Reis blinked, nodded slowly, then rose fully to her feet, sliding a bright red sundress over her shoulders. "...what do you know about them..?" She seemed to have dropped both her slurred speech and deactivated the ion drive in her jaw.

It took Lain a moment to grasp what she had asked. "...n-not a whole lot, honestly... when did you start talking like that?"

Reis shrugged. "...always could, darling. But Ive found life passes much more easily when people see you as harmlessly eccentric. Im sure you know that by now." She set a hand on his shoulder. "Ill go to the bridge and see if Im needed. You rest."

Lain didn't protest her directions. Rather, he simply handed to her the rank pin Toshiro had provided for her, and set himself down lightly. "...alright."

Reis inspected the curious thing, then shrugged, attached it to her dress, and moved in a slow, well-composed pace to the bridge. "Can I help with anything, Captain?" It would be interesting to see how the others reacted to being able to understand her speech.

(This post written in conjunction with Moon Dolls Twin)

Toshiro blinked, shocked for a moment before replying...

"Well...I suppose you can man the comm station...if you think you can speak in that way regularly...Lain said you had to get drunk to speak more slowly, but you seem sober to me..."

The doctor stuck her head back into the medical area and peered about for the Helashio.

~"Serenity?"~ She called. Remi would have to apologise for leaving the poor woman alone for so long, and she even regretted doing so. Silently she wondered if the Helashio would forgive leaving her so suddenly, and in that state.

"Sobriety is a state of mind, Captain." Reis smiled lightly, and attended herself to the com station, taking her seat with a certain flair of her dress. "And, for that matter, liquor's a learning curve. What's our current situation?"

Toshiro watched as she took her station, replying,

"We're waiting, really....waiting to see what the alien ship will decide to do with its freedom, how the Lorath will react, and for the situation to conclude, basically...you missed a dogfight, some heated debate, and a political precedent. Fascinating, really..."

"Disgusting, more like," a moist-eyed Kairi spat as she stomped into the bridge. "Those Yamataian ama... I had no idea of their bigotry, of their corruption..." She sniffed, running over to Toshiro, seeking comfort in the hug she trapped him in. "That ship doesn't deserve that kind of treatment, being thought of as a possession," she muffled into his jacket. "I know what that's like, and it's hateful!"

Toshiro hugged back, awkwardly pinned to the Captain's Chair...

"It's okay, Kairi-san...once they realized it was sentient and alive, they decided that it couldn't be claimed by anyone...the worst is over, and the one who decided was a member of the Ketsurui Clan, so it's as close to historical precedent as possible...okay? We're just waiting for things to wrap up here before going planetside..."

"Then sentient technology is being offered some degree of freedom?" Reis raised a brow, a slight wince. Talking like this hurts. Why cant the world listen as fast as I think? "That is a... very new precedent. I doubt very much Yamatai will learn anything from it."

Her glance fell briefly, sympathetically even, on Kairi. Not that there was any particular friendship between them - there had never been much other than tension - but Reis pitied her. A lot. And she knew that would probably offend her a lot more than whatever perceptions Kairi held, and thus said nothing further... waited a response.

Shaun remained at his console silently through the entire incident. What likely couldn't be seen was the gun being held by him underneath his console.

Slowly sliding his hand away he tucked the weapon back into it's compartment. Sweat softly pattered his face as well as blood from where he had been slammed into the wall earlier.

Shaun turned in his chair to face the captain. "Sir...I know its a little late for suggestions, but I'd prefere if we didn't let anyone on the ship right now that doesn't belong here. If they for some reason end up choosing to attack that ship I'd rather our guns not be involved in it."

It seemed the Helashio did. In a blur of red, Remi was on the floor, the Helashio clinging to her front side as she let out a gumbled string of Lorath. It seemed that what she was trying to say was a mix between asking if Remi was ok, and if they were still in trouble. She was still shaking, just not as much as before.

Soon enough the little Berog waddled over to the pile and start barking cutely as if he were being left out of the fun.

Toshiro, still trying to comfort Kairi, looked ro Reis first...

"Well, we can only hope...but it was a Ketsurui-clan princess who made the decision...we can always hope, right? Of course this was only after a Shoi took a brief joyride on it, treating the ship like a toy...in any case, they've left...and I would like you to send both the Lorath and Maras a communiqué. Ask them...'Where do we all go from here?'"

He then looked to Shaun, somewhat disagreeing.

"Well, every bridge chair has a safe in it, as does my room. I meant for them to hold weapons, and be locked away safely. In the unlikely event that a firefight occurrs on the bridge, each bridge chair is meant to double as a rotatable shield...I didn't expect firefights or boarding parties, but I DID plan for it in the ship's refit...In the meantime, Shaun, I suggest you go to see the Doctor. It's unlikely we'll need to fight now...and that head wound looks painful and distracting."

Continuing to hold Kairi gently, he waited for the Lorath and Maras' responses...and for Kairi to calm down...he was still quite pinned in place.

Remi made an eeping sound as she felt her rear connect with the hard floor. The doctor looked and saw the Helashio clinging there to her front. All the neko could do was wrap Serenity up in her arms and stroke her hair again.

Remi heard the woman speaking and made out what she was saying to some extent or another. The doctor pressed Serenity into herself a little more to reassure the Helashio and comfort her.

~"I'm fine, I'm fine see? We all are and there is no more trouble it's over with."~

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back