• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Episode 0: [YSS Mazu] - Chōyō Maru 朝陽

Kaoru's Cabin​

Kaoru listened to what both Mazumi and Datenshi had to say about the crew, for now, the conversation about what she and Datenshi had been through on the Akuro III was on the back burner, it was not exactly a discussion for the ship's steward, or maybe it was and she just didn't want to continue with it. She couldn't help but to chuckle at Datenshi's comment about the Motoyoshi vying for their mother's attention, "Too bad it isn't our mother that is in command of this ship; It takes a lot to impress me," she stated as she grabbed the insulated mug of tea that Mazumi had made for her and took a sip.

The younger Mazu had an interesting point of view, a created sprite on a ship that had more than a history. "Mazu-Hei, I want you to report directly to Akamaru-Heisho, keep her up to date on any morale issues as we proceed with our mission. Datenshi, you take your own notes and include hers with yours when you bring me issues with the crew's performance. I am relying on both of your perspectives. This crew needs a good shakedown, I hope this mission will have those opportunities. I especially want a trained eye kept on my brother, Hiroki. He's got a history of problematic behavior, I don't want this to become a cruise of his further exploitation of rules," she ordered.

"Alright, I have to get to the bridge, you both can go down to the launch bay and try to give a hand... Datenshi, you can get our armors in for repair while you are down there. I don't think anyone touched them after our mission," she ordered. She was not exactly used to having a Steward yet, but the sprite could obviously complete a soldier's job regardless of the housekeeping.

"Captain, who or what department within the Motoyoshi Colonial Sector is responsible for asteroid mining? Scans of the system are showing asteroids who's chemical composition match those of the Shugosha and Siren systems. I would like to know if they have experienced any strange occurrences there." Yukio said in an encrypted message sent for Kaoru's eyes only.

Kaoru replied to Yukio, 'The Yugumo Corporation owns most of the claims. You could message Motoyoshi Yuka, she is in charge of day-to-day operations for the Corporation. How would asteroids move like that? Keep investigating, I am on my way to the bridge.' she replied to her XO.

She waited to see if Datenshi or Mazumi had anything to add, otherwise she was almost out the door.

Main Bridge​

The Mazu's probes continued past the asteroids as they parted; the outer most planet's readings came in. The planet was a terrestrial world that read as a barren world with possible extensive underground cave systems. The atmosphere was dense and rich in carbon dioxide. There was evidence of past development on the surface in some areas that was no longer present, but non-environmentally formed scarring and ruins could be detected.

Tio glanced up briefly toward Tomomi then to the screen that the XO had directed their way, he then glanced back at his terminal and did as the XO had agreed in terms of their suggestion. He transmitted the trade dictionary and language package along with a request for a smaller amount of data. "I sent the transmission, Sir," Tio said, to update the Chusa on his progress.

Tomomi's analysis made no more progress on the initial message. They still lacked a proper sample of the glyph language to do so.

The bridge was quiet as that everyone had focused on their jobs, A notification sound came from Tio's console as the transmission started again. This time MEGAMI's safeties were not triggered, as that the signal was much more simple, "Sir, we're getting a response. This time it is requesting volumetric communications. The signal looks clean and was simple and in trade." The speed at which they had assimilated the dictionary was fascinating. There was definitely some fine computing on the other side of the transmission. "Do you wish me to patch it in onto the bridge, Chusa?" Tio enquired.

The transmission contained simple volumetric data, and the request for direct communication.

Multipurpose Launch Bay and Cargo Bay​

The standing orders of the Taisa would remain in effect until the assigned crew completed them. It would release them to free time until the briefing to get more acquainted with the ship once they finished.

Combined Sciences Laboratory​

MEGAMI continued to monitor the technician's progress. The miniature volumetric version of Minato floated along behind him as he worked, "Excellent work, as good as new. Thank you. You are free to explore the ship and meet up with your crewmates now," she instructed him now that he had completed the work and passed her first test of his abilities.

Cargo Bay​

Naoko and Kazumi's orders remain in effect until they are completed.

Yukio to Naoko - "Motoyoshi-konosei, could you please begin an analysis of the aether dimensional signatures? There is something off about them and I would like to present ideas as to why." Yukio asked Naoko. His message lacked the chibi, thus could be considered quite forceful. | If Naoko used the information from the probes that were already launched, she would discover that the dimensionally siphoned energy was coming from a different dimension than aether did, it was the same concept though, a higher energy plasma that was dimensionally siphoned much like aether was.

Hiroki's Cabin​

Minato returned the kiss with intense passion. She whispered back through wireless as that her mouth refused to depart his, "Upon these rocky shores you crash, so willingly show me your nature, my sweet warrior." She grabbed the corners of his uniform jacket and drew it apart with a snap of the fabric and pushed it back over his shoulders. Her pale blue eyes locked with his as she let out a low purr. His words had just brought on a fire that seemed to burn right through her. She turned her body only slightly as to position her legs around his waist and pull him down onto the bed against herself. Minato's strength was surprising even for a Neko; her grip was like a vice as she drew him down into her clutches. Her body arched beneath his, she pushed her exposed breasts up against his chiseled chest as she whispered, "Sweet Motoyoshi Prince take me..." she clawed her nails over the back of his shoulders.

Koaru’s quarters then to Launch bay

Mazumi looked towards Datenshi as she spoke, then back to Koaru, and smiled. “I hope to be able to succeed in doing so no matter how much it will take.” She replied to her before she was given her new orders. “Hai!” She replied in response, before turning to Datenshi “Akamaru-Heisho! I hope that I can be of service to you as we work together.” She replied with respect, she didn’t know Akamaru well, but she wanted to learn from the source.

She turned back since she wasn’t dismissed yet, Koaru had a further order of keeping an eye on her captain’s bother Hiroki who it appeared had some disciplinary problems. “I understand, ma’am,” she said in reply though she chose to say nothing more as she could easily call up the reports if need be. Mazumi was asked to go to the launch bay, and help out there. She bowed. “Hai, Maam, I shall proceed there right away!” She said before she began turning. Once facing the door she began leaving unless stopped by Datenshi.

She made her way to the lift, where she got herself taken to the deck where the launch bay was located.

Multi-Purpose Launch Bay (Port Side)

Checking the configuration from the shuttle as her hands stopped with tapping onto the console tilting her head to the side while her eyes diverted to Reiko "You really should be careful to mention our Captain with the first name constantly. While we don't do ranks to each other, it might bite back to you if you keep it so personally. Naval chain of command is no joke Reiko" She shrugs looking back at the controls "Check the ammo of both shuttle and the launch bay stocks, I want to know how much we are outgunned with due to this shortage" Hearing Alyx comment made her roll her eyes "You guys will end up in the brig one day...seriously" Miyu mutters to herself.

Hearing a new voice enter the shuttle Miyu stopped again with tapping and looked in the direction "Ah Lee-Hei could you do a check-up on the engineer systems for this shuttle and while you are at it check the gear parts of the launch bay. If we need to get emergency repairs done, I rather be prepared" Noticing the additional order that came in, Miyu nodded to it "When anyone is done with their regular task that I have given, you are free to explore the ship. Senior personal got time till the briefing"

Hiroki's Quarters

His piercing, silver eyed gaze fell upon the situation he found himself in. Allowing his hands to reach for either side of Minato's body suit, Hiroki deftly removed what was left, with a breathy sigh, Hiroki trailed his lips from her collar bone, savoring each moment. Wanting to take his time. It had been quite some time since he had last seen passion as strong as hers. It was worth Savouring. Unlike the usual boring Neko, that seemed to inexperienced. This Avatar of the ship, this goddess of war knew what she wanted. not stopping until she got what was in the sight of her brilliant blue eyes.quickly removing his uniform pants, it was clear she did not want to wait. The feeling of her soft supple breasts, the warmth of her body and the sharpness of her nails in his back. This Deployment might not be as bad as he thought. Lifting Minato by the hips as to find the perfect angle, simultaneously leaning in closely and thrusting into his eager companion."I Will take you, and give you just as much as I take. If not more." His words escaped through a sigh of pleasure, as he began to take charge.

Last edited:
Combined Sciences Laboratory

"Glad to see I passed, Minato-sama. Guess this means I earned some recess time now?" joked the Jiyuuian technician good-naturedly to the chibi MEGAMI projection as he finished up the requested maintenance on the hemosynthetic filters, and doffed the protective gear once the panel was sealed up and system fluids were flowing normally once again. "There's still a lot left to do on the ship... but you're the boss."

Kenta gave an easy-going salute to the scientists present in the lab, letting them know they could return to their sensitive work, while he stepped out to drop off the consumed filter kit and Zesuaium fragments at engineering section. He made sure to make a note in the maintenance logs of what he had done, also, just incase the problem resurfaced, before wandering down the lower decks of the YSS Mazu with some newfound free time...

(will edit in more later)

Last edited:
Kaoru's Cabin

"Nothin outta me. You sure you want me in charge of people..." Again, the thought of her being in charge gave her a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach, but at the same time she was tired of her normal routine, she was tired of constantly bouncing up and down, and she wanted to see if she could make a concrete push to actually earning a fully fledged white panel on her uniform. Caramel colored fingers rubbed her chin as she thought it over for a moment, but eventually she nodded and looked to the caretaker.

"Just 'Tenshi is fine hun, unless it's in a more formal setting, then all the normal BS we gotta deal with. I'll get down to the bay and get to work on the armors, plus check over everything else we got down there, see what we need fixed and see what we need replaced. I know they probably gave us the normal loadout, but those things are so fuckin cookie cutter..." She let out a small sigh as she looked down at her uniform and frowned a little. "I just put this damn thing on and it's going to get dirty now..." She shook her head and gave Kaoru a small wave before she trotted to catch up with Mazumi to catch a lift down to the bay.

Multipurpose launch bay.

As the lift finally deposited them into the bay, anyone who looked over as the doors slid open and the soft ding that announced the new arrivals would be treated to a strange sight, one not thought to be seen in well... ever. Datenshi, long red ponytail swaying behind her with each step like a metronome, strode out from the door beside Mazumi dressed in a white panel uniform.
With her role as an SEA now, she needed to at least make it seem like she was responsible as black eyes roamed over the group that had begun to work on their ship. She stopped for a moment as she looked them over, and while it seemed like she was simply staring, she was watching, learning. It wouldn't be a far cry to say that 'Tenshi wasn't the brightest when it came to things outside of combat, outside of her Mindy, but one thing she did have was a good mind for learning. When she applied herself... Well she could be fairly dangerous when she actually tried to learn and better herself. Her list of positions held and skills she possessed was proof enough of that fact, but for now she watched Miyu to learn a little, to see how she handled various things within her purview before 'Tenshi turned and headed over to where the armors were stored.

Another sigh slipped from her lips as she spotted the two trashed armors. As her mind began to process where to start, she couldn't help but hear the taunting laugh of Kiyoko ring in her ears. She was sure she wasn't going to get away from that voice for a while yet, nor the nightmares she saw on that ship while her and Kaoru had fought deck by deck to their final goal. But for now she simply shook her head and queued up some music to listen to through MEGAMI. Thankfully she could remove the white panel top of her uniform, at least enough where she could let it hang from her hips. Unfortunately for some in the bay, she wore a tank top underneath the uniform, white in color and simple in design, as she began to tear apart the damaged sections of the wrecked Mindy's and got to work fixing what she could and replacing what she couldn't. In short order that white tank top was covered in shavings, grease, and other dirt that came with the dirty work of an armorer.

Main Bridge

"I require more glyphs Kurita-sama" Tomomi's pad chirped to her once the AI realized it was going in circles in its analysis. "I need more glyphs!" it continued, almost sounding like a 2 year old. Tomomi just looked at it with a stern face. "Patience, I think you will get it shortly." she responded back, nodding and smiling at Tio as if this was normal for her. She then opened a volumetric display of her own and see how the Mazu was doing with the data.

She then looked over at Yukio that was mauling over their next course of action. He quickly crafted an official message to send to the point of contact Kaoru had suggested. It would have to be short and to the point as it would be transmitted on the unclassified network.

"Greetings,

I am Chusa Ryu-Mizumitsu Yukio of the YSS Mazu. I am contacting you wishing to acquire any survey data the Yugumo Corporation has on system E-6.

Ryu-Mizumitsu Yukio
Chusa, Star Army of Yamatai"

With the message sent and additional evidence of civilization being fed in from the probes, he thought on what material he was taught regarding first contact. He didn't get much time to review his old lessons when Tio told him of the request for volumetrics communications.

"Very well, relay to them preparations are to be made and communication can begin in 10 of our minutes." Yukio responded to Tio. He was not entirely lying, they would need to determine all possible ways who or what ever they are dealing with could use this as way to infiltrate their systems. But he also didn't want Kaoru to miss this opportunity.

"Excuse me Captain, requesting your presence on the bridge. We have a possible first contact situation." he said via encrypted wireless communication. He then looked at Tomomi sternly. "Time to earn your pay Kurita-hei, determine possible electronic attack vectors they could possibly use and reinforce them."

She still could not figure why he disliked her so much, but she bowed her head quickly.

The corner of Naoko's mouth pulled downward in a slight frown, she had heard of the incident that her sister was referring to and it saddened her that animals had caused her such an emotional scar. Animals were not much different than humans or even neko's for that matter though. many species caused each other pain and even had a tendency to hurt their own kind. Kazumi's question pulled her back to the conversation letting the previous thoughts fade into the distant background of her mind.

"They seem to be doing well under Sui's command. Joachim is still having issues with whatever was on the ST I got from Otto. It still seems he is having a self identity issue as well as issues with other Neko's. Sui put him in an area mostly comprised of Minkan and humans though so it seems he is adjusting a bit better at this point but only time will tell."

"On it." Naoko said in reply to Yukio's request. She continued walking with Kazumi but lifted her data pad pulling up the information filtering in from the drones that had been deployed earlier. Sifting threw the data she was able to discern that the energy being siphoned wasn't from this dimension or the common ones their knew of but the process was similar to that of aether. The energy being used was a much higher energy plasma than aether and could be considered to have a much higher power than aether if the numbers she was seeing were correct. She pulled up some other files she had comparing the numbers, as she also began to work on how these changes would effect things. There were too many unknown factors at this point though which made her conclusions incomplete. Naoko instructed the drones to gather additional data and to see if it could distinguish the exact dimension the power was being pulled from.

Smirking good naturedly, Reiko said, "Awww, will you come visit us in the brig?" Sighing, she continued, "Look, Motoyoshi Taisa doesn't mind as long as I do my job right. But I get what you're saying, I'll be careful."

Doing as Miyu told her, she exited the Fukuro shuttle and picked up the launch bay manifest. Everything seemed in order, the ammo count showing her they wouldn't have to worry about it for now. And then Reiko saw Datenshi appear in white. The Neko knew how much her sister wanted to become an officer. To prove herself. Pride swelled in her heart at seeing her like that. She had to supress the urge to run up to her sister and hug her. There would be time for that.

Going back to Miyu with a big smile, she rattled off the ammo numbers. She was sure that Miyu would be happy with the amount.

"Hai Jôtô Heisho." Kyle acknowledged, quickly turning as he got a better look at the interior of the Aft Cabin of the Fukuro. The new shuttle causing the young man to grin, "Oh this is going to be interesting to work with!" He remarked to himself before locating the Engineering Sub-Compartment hatch underneath the floor access. Removing the floating flashlight from his utility belt, quickly turning it on as he opened the hatch. Releasing the light source, he gently pushed it forward and watched as it slowly hovered its way into the sub-compartment. "Why are the little things so satisfying?" He asked himself before crawling in after it.

Once inside of the sub-compartment, Kyle's wings causing some mild discomfort as they brushed against the metallic walls. He was able to see everything inside, sliding his black-rimmed EM-G8 Datapad in front of him as he took inventory of what was inside, "
Two aether engines, one compact Multi-Stage Aether Drive, one standard Multi-Stage Aether Drive. The larger one using the Integrated CFS Array for the CDD..." The young technician listed on as he didn't see anything out of place, from what he could see, everything looked new and in perfect condition. "Even the SLSS is all good to go, so I don't think there's anything that I need to repair down here. I'm just gonna update my notes before I leave." He told himself confidently as he then began to update his notes. Adding in his personal comments on where everything was in the shuttle for future reference.

Kazumi's warmth turned to a little frown as she heard her sister's update on her nephew. Even if he was technically older, she was still his aunt by merit of blood and relation. She'd hoped the young man would've begun to acclimatize more quickly. Thankfully there was no sense of disappointment. Just simple, quiet acceptance. That was how things were. It would be in his own time and on his terms. Though once Naoko's focus shifted elsewhere, Kazumi found her quarters just on the other side of her sister.

"Well, I do not mean to cut this short, Nee-sama but I've found my quarters. I will get my things squared away. And you can take care of what you need to. Then we can tackle Motoyoshi-Taisa's standing orders, yeah?" by that point she had slipped past and halfway into her room. And with a little wave, she entered, door closing behind her she knew it was a little rude to do so. BUt had felt the need to simply be alone for the moment. Her sister's head was already in the clouds, Kazumi mused. Whatever their ship was hurtling toward had garnered interest. As she began to unpack a few of her belongings, her headache eased, the load she had put on its sorting and processing of the information from earlier had almost brought on a foul mood. With that unburdening, the intel analyst took the time to spread around a few of assorted items.

After a short while of fussing over what was to be placed where and making that happen, Kazumi had sprawled herself upon her bedspread. The usual kindly twinkle within her eye while off duty was gone. Replaced with something on the verge of watery tears. She had checked for any responses to her actions regarding Hiroki. Things had gone so far from the plan. A plan she had hastily made and instituted without wholly thinking things through. A threat had been spotted and she had wanted it gone, or hacked down to minimize the damage it could potentially cause in the self-stylized 'Black Sheep' of the family. Raising to a seated position, Kazumi ran a finger under one eye, then the other to wipe the moisture away. Her father's admonishment of her actions cut deep. Not just due to her love for him. But because of the shame, his words elicited in their truth.

Just as Taro's were the gentler of the two responses, the wounds left by one and the other hurt. And they had been of her own making. Though with a sniffle, she had to query the ship on just what a thistle was. Her throat tightened a little at learning of it. However her feelings of the flower were, she would keep them to herself for now. That was something for later.

With a firm pressing her lips, the youngest of the Motoyoshi brood on the ship sprung to her feet. Breathing deep of the recycled air of the ship, Kazumi splashed her face with water at her bathroom's little sink. Then daubed her eyes and face dry. Looking at herself in the mirror, she tugged at her cheeks, fluttered her eyes, and willed any puffiness or redness of the eyes away through her hemosynthetic systems. By the end gone was the crack in her mask and composure. And in its place was the reserved look while on duty.

Kaoru didn't answer Datenshi's rebuttal as she left, it was a question she didn't need to answer because if he had been unsure of her decision she wouldn't have made it, to begin with. Kaoru reflected quietly as she made her way to the lift on what they had just discussed and also checked in on the crew's progress with their first assignments. Most of which had been completed, and they were being given free time to explore and settle in.

Crew Updates: None - Standing Orders followed by free-time for exploration and settling in continues.

"I'm on my way up now," she replied to the wireless communication from her XO. She took a deep breath and idly straightened her uniform as the lift doors closed in front of her and it hummed into motion towards the bridge.

Ryu-Mizumitsu Yukio, Chusa - YSS Mazu

We don't have any first-hand data for E-6. However, we have data from UOC documentation that the Lorath Matriarchy had a shipyard in that system at some point. Beyond that, the information is mostly the same long-ranged data that the Star Army would have.

Sorry, we could not have been more helpful.

Motoyoshi Yuka
Yugumo Corporation

A few moments later

Main Bridge​

Kaoru arrived on the bridge, "Where are we at?" she questioned, while MEGAMI had updated her on the raw data she felt it was more important to get such updates from the opinions of her officers, it was how she operated and it would not change. She ascended the platform and took her seat in the Captain's chair.

-

Tio answered the Chusa with a quiet, "Hai," in response to his orders. He worked to prepare Mazu's communications system and sent the brief trade text-only request of the XO to have the volumetric contact begin within ten minutes. Tio felt the urge to say something about this situation, but he kept his thoughts to himself. The Star Army and First Contact situations seemed to follow a pattern, this talk of electronic warfare just made him reflect on the lost dream that failed and he kept working as they ordered him to.

-

The probes continued their penetration of the system and relayed data back to the science station and the XO. After further investigation of the fourth planet and the dense carbon dioxide atmosphere, they continued inwards towards the third planet. Initial readings from the short-ranged scans showed a lush terrestrial world with dense vegetation and an active biosphere with complex ecosystems scattered across several biomes.

Hiroki's Cabin​

Minato whimpered, her eyes filled with sudden contentment and excitement all at the same time as she whispered, "Careful what you promise me...they made me to conquer the twilight-filled night...." A low growl followed her whispered words as she pulled his weight down towards herself.

Fade to Black...

OOC Note for Krimson. (This can separate into a JP for this section if you wish)

Main Bridge

Yukio was well-versed enough in body language to know Tio likely had something to say. But before he could say anything, he paused for a moment to read the incoming message from Yuka. Far faster than he was expecting. Shooting off a quick thank you message to not be rude, especially with the dealings his clan had made with the company. He then looked back over towards Tio.

"Captain on deck!" Yukio said as he heard the lift's door open and saw Kaoru. With the formalities taken care of he then bowed slightly before reporting. "I took the liberty of contacting Yugumo Corporation about what information they had on the system. The only thing worth note that was relayed from the boomerangers' records seems to be that the Lorath had a shipyard in this system. Previous activity is clear in this system. Though given what is trying to communicate with us, it seems rather eager to communicate with us.

As the probes are currently surveying the E-6 system, I requested a 10 minute delay in their request for volumetric communications in order to gauge their response to the probes as they travel deeper as well as reinforce whatever electronic attack vectors they might attempt." he continued before looking at Tomomi. He then looked at Tio.

"Your body language shows you have something on your mind. Better to air out these things instead of letting them stay within." Yukio said, making attempt to soften his tone.

For her part, Tomomi was busy looking over the communication network. But she was having a hard time finding anything that was obviously flawed. Given how quick whatever they were dealing with learned Trade, if it was an AI she would be powerless to contribute to the battle of AIs.

Hiroki's Cabin

"A conqueror of the twilight stars, still requires a guide, the direction through the twilight. I will gladly guide you any time you wish." continuing to enjoy every aspect of their embrace, Hiroki was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

fade to black.............

Sitting up from the bed some time later, Hiroki stood, opting to take a shower. grabbing his work uniform, setting it outside the door to the restroom, stepping into the bathroom, Hiroki turned the hot water on, stepping in after a quick glance in the mirror, seeing the aftermath of Minato's nails, he smirked nodding his head in acceptance. letting the hot water descend his fram. The shower being a short reprieve from his duties. stepping out, Hiroki dried himself off before dressing in his work uniform, looking back to see his most recent partner still laying in his bed. The soft smile grew on his countenance before leaving the room, heading for the Elevator, down to the main Hanger to join his fellow pilots in their activities for their duty day. sending a quick response to Miyu to ensure the other pilots knew and understood what his current location was in relation to the hangar.

Forgive my absence Sasaki Joto heisho, I will be there momentarily to assist in the overview of our shuttles and inventory. The ships Avatar required my attention for a brief maintenance request, Near my quarters. I will accept any additional punishment required for my current absence of duty. - Shoi Kouhosei Motoyoshi-Yoshitsune".

Mazumi nodded her head in understanding to Datenshi before she made her way to the lift.

Multipurpose launch Bay

Now in the Launch Bay, she stepped into the room beside Tenshi and glanced around her visual sensors picked up on the trashed armors causing a frown to form on her smooth lips before she turned her head to the one who had spoken. “Hai!’ She replied and proceeded forward to participate in one of the groups. She also heard the orders of doing her job here, before she could be given free time to explore the ship if she wanted to.
Mazumi began checking the gear parts of the launch bay, while using her memory to take notes of what needed to be repaired.

After delivering the numbers to Miyu, Reiko considered walking towards Datenshi, to congratulate her, but decided agaisnt it. Now was work. With that, she turned towards Kyle, noticing the rather cramped situation he was in. "Need a hand, Kyle? I'm all done with my tasks, so I'm free to help."

Main Bridge​

Tio didn't expect to be called out. The cadet paused a moment to consider his words. The last thing the former Prince wanted to do was end up in the brig, especially since he had sacrificed so much just to have the freedom he now enjoyed. "With all due respect, Sir. I think we're approaching this from the wrong assumption. As of yet, this phenomenon has not proceeded with any aggressive behavior, I think we need to take this at face value, this thing is trying to learn about us and learn how to communicate with us and while we should air on the side of caution. I think we're handling it too much like a threat," Tio swallowed hard after he spoke.

-

"As you were," Kaoru said as she listened to Yukio's report and got the rest from MEGAMI. "Do you suspect this could be some kind of old Lorath trap? Is it their technology?" she questioned her first officer in disregard for her brother's brief speech for the moment.

-

The probes suddenly stopped transmitting data. They recorded a strange burst of continuum distortion waves and then powered down their engines and came to a stop just outside of the field of the third planet. "Our probes have stopped, something is interfering with them," the sprite at the science station reported.

-

The notification of an incoming transmission began right to the second the ten-minute timer had expired. They were out of time, the time they had given. The incoming volumetric communication from the system contained the parameters that Tio had sent. Kaoru looked to Yukio, "At your discretion, Chusa," she said as she handed the command decision to him, a first step in testing the mettle of her new right hand.

Hiroki's Cabin​

Minato said nothing when Hiroki left. She pretended to be asleep. Once the door closed behind him, she turned slightly twisted up in the blankets and sheets. She laid on her back and stared up at the ceiling, "I wonder..." she whispered to herself as she let out a sigh, a smile stretched upon her lips to fill her entire face. "Time will tell sweet Prince, time will tell..." she said in a clandestine tone as she slipped from the confines of Hiroki's bed.

Ship-Wide Update - Command Crew is about to contact unknown entity. Wrap up personal time and standby for further orders. Selected Crew on the Taisa's chosen team (All PC Characters that are not on the bridge) report to Command Conference Room.

Main Bridge

Yukio listened to Tio for a moment, ignoring the tone in his voice for the time being. He wasn't entirely wrong that perhaps he was being too cautious with his preparations. But considering where they were located, what they were dealing with, and who once occupied the territory, he was for damn sure going to do his best to increase their chances of survival if the innocent facade is indeed just a facade. He was about to open his mouth in response to Tio for saying with all do respect, but he decided to drop it for the moment.

"I have established honey pot defenses and buffers against any possible probes or brute force attacks on the Mazu's systems Chusa!" Tomomi said as she omitted her self-questioning nature. She doubted her abilities in actually helping the Mazu.

With that, Yukio turned his seat to face Kaoru. "Considering the Lorath had operations within this system, the thought had crossed my mind. But the probes have not shown any indication of their shipyards as of yet. The delay is to determine their reaction as well shore up any attempt to jam up the Mazu again. Innocent or not, it did occur." Yukio said out loud, explaining his train of thought in his actions.

When the the 10 minutes had finally ended and the volumetric communication request was sent once again, Yukio faced Tio once more. "Put it through and do be sure to smile."

GM's Conclusion/Bridge to New Mission

After careful decisions and unsuccessful communication with the unknown source, the YSS Mazu returned to Gemini Star Fortress with intention of more conclusive studies on the data collected so far. Under the authority of Motoyoshi-Yamada Ayanao Taisho, the ship would be assigned to the Yuuki System again for a future mission once the information was analyzed and the crew better prepared for the mission ahead.

(OOC Notes: We will begin a remixed Mission for the Mazu shortly. I wanted to put something conclusive here so we can offload inactive and remix. )

RPG-D RPGfix
Back