• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Episode 0: [YSS Mazu] - Chōyō Maru 朝陽

Multi-Purpose Launch Bay (Port Side)

Alyx read the addition and started thinking about how she wanted the three Nekos. Now that they were in peacetime, she wasn't even sure she should take advantage of it. That said, she did want the hands. She considered her options, she took a base template and only tweaked a couple of parameters. Four Type 33A, increased autonomy so they would be better suited for Ranger or Officer training, standard size, Kuro for stealth operations but with unique details so they could be told apart, extra information loaded by default about Essia and Separa'Shan, and a couple of other minor changes. She sent the order off to medical, but it would be an hour at the bare minimum before they arrived.

"Yes, I'm going to suit up, we don't know what's going to happen out there." She said, moving into the armory, they had a few suits of powered armor, but not nearly enough for as many soldiers as a ship like this would normally carry even under peacetime conditions. At least she had her own Mindy armor. While custom fitting was easy, Separa'Shan typically kept their armor from deployment to deployment due to the proportion of Separa'Shan in service and their odd dimensions compared to the rest of the species of the Empire.

She also considered the loadout she would want for a situation like this for the shuttle. A stack of FARS drones, a box of modules for them if they needed to swap out abilities, a couple of the new science drones. It would be hard to manage them on her own, but non-combat drones had saved her life enough times for her to want to have that force multiplier with her. Her job would likely be scouting the signal out and providing security for the teams that would be investigating.

Koaru’s Quarters

Mazumi held the mug of Koaru’s large hot black tea with a squirt of lemon in her Mazu thermal request as he approached the doors. Because of her position as Steward, the doors instantly opened, and the android-Neko walked in. Electronically, it generated the lights on and saw the state of the quarters. She immediately had moved to her desk and placed the thermal on the desk before she turned to take in the room again.

The Avatar’s younger sister moved to the boxes and began opening them, and on discovering Koaru’s outfits she took the box more adjacent to the closet and placed them inside in neat order. Her database had information that informed her exactly how Koaru liked things to be in order, and as she waited for her to give her new orders, she thought she would take the initiative and help her out.

Once the clothes situation was dealt with, the words in her Hud glowed and disappeared. This signaled the particular task was completed. She then made Koaru’s bed and make it so that Koaru didn’t have to fiddle with it if she was tired. The next task she set herself up to was dusting, confirming that the quarters were clean.

Once the tasks were complete she took the boxes and put them away, for later if Koaru would need the boxes. The Steward wondered if she would get belongings of her own, and nothing assigned because of her military status.

"Make it so Mazu-heisho. Stagger the launches just in case the first one is destroyed or loses contact." Yukio simply said with a nod and a slight smile. He seemed quite interested in analyzing the comm information from an astrometric aspect while also monitoring the bridge and ship systems.

Meanwhile...

"If I may?" Tomomi said politely, indicating she wanted to take over the communication console. She wasn't too concerned about the post-handshake code at the moment. Tomomi pulled out an isolated computer pad she always kept around with her and booted it. Once it had booted, the screen showed a smiling face before blinking.

"Hello Tomomi, how can I help?" a soft voice came out over a speaker.

"I need your heuristic algos to look over this." Tomomi said, as if talking to a person. She pointed its camera towards the volumetric display. "Doesn't look like anything obviously malicious within the handshake code that would be used to identify it to those in the know that it is a virus. No challenge and password routines to make sure you don't shoot yourself in the foot. Looks like your run-of-the-mill handshake to make sure everything is up and up before downloading.

You are an overly simple AI compared to Mazu-sama, but I want you to copy a tiny portion of the characters you see and start running over a heuristic scan over it. A different perspective is still a different perspective" she said with a smile then looked over Tio finally.

"Heuristics aren't really my expertise, AIs and electronic warfare are. Judging by what you are saying sir, it might be worth actually understanding this language here. Especially if it is trying to understand ours, fairly not standard if all they want to do is overpower us. Which they seem quite possible of doing if they wanted to." Tomomi said, getting excited again.

"We could then ask it to send something much smaller for us to do a proper anti-virus scan on. I'll work with Mazu-sama and see if we can decode this language here. Don't think we need to purge the comms buffers unless we are expecting PANT-IES to get chatty too."

Kazumi's little chibi-self went from flailing to wearing something akin to a stern expression. 'Waiting on Naoko.' Then one of its little eyebrows twitched. 'And the other one.' Then one of its little arms waved and a portion of Tio's screen would fill with what she had managed to piece together from the information sent by Gemini and how she was accomplishing the task.

'This is merely the surface getting a little scratch. But it's a start. I've come to the conclusion, that it's some sort of language. Well, the fragments of one from what I've managed to piece together. There is surely a pattern there if you can put this to use. So it isn't just random garbage being flung at the Mazu's communication systems.

I'll be sending a copy to that Info Tech girl... Tomomi as well. I know I'm being short with you on describing it. But, put what I have to good use, Niisan.'
with that the little speech bubbles stopped coming, and just her discoveries remained.

Tomomi's console would begin to beep as a message waited for her. If or when she bothered with it, it would contain the twin to the information Kazumi had sent Tio regarding the signals. Her methods, the model she was building, and pattern analysis. It even came with a little note attached from her: 'Kurita-hei, I'm sending you a copy of what I have gleaned from these signals. My brother, Motoyoshi, Tio-Kohosei also has a copy. I hope that both of you can put it to use while keeping me in the loop. I'll keep working on my end and the three of us can compare information and work from there.'

There was no chibi for her.

Last edited:
Naoko saw the lift door open and darted around the man who stood in front of her. She hadn't waited for a reply as she entered, quickly standing at the rear her back pressed against the cold metal. Naoko sighed to herself looking down at her datapad again a small window with a photo always lingering in the corner of the screen made her smile. She tried to patiently wait for the doors to close and looked up at them for a moment wondering if the man had followed her inside as she sent another message to Kazumi. "This lift takes forever I should have used the other one. I'll be there shortly."

Hiroki
Elevator/Quarters

Feeling the a bump from behind, Hiroki turned mildly Surprised. The interaction pulled him out of his head and back to what was around him. Smiling he stepped into the Elevator." It is good to see you Imouto, sorry I didn't see you at first. I see you are as distracted as ever. How is my Niece and Nephew?" His concern was subtle, but remembering years earlier had sent a chill down his spine. Closing the doors of the elevator, Hiroki pressed towards the Officers quarters."who would have thought my little sister partially outranks me." He spoke softly with a light chuckle, crossing his arms. His polished boot pressing against the bulkhead. As a short amount of time dragged on, Hiroki rested his gloved hand on his sister's shoulder, as if to reassure her. Before exiting elevator, heading into the corridor.

Finally reaching his room, it was as if he had most of his energy and patience framed, in dealing with so many of his family. Opening the door, he did not notice at first, taking his boots off, leaving them near the hatch, before placing his blad back on its ceremonial rack. As he turned around, an eyebrow raised at the rather odd scene before him." I see you have provided me with a few gifts, are you also under that category? Though i can't say I've ever had a ships avatar in my bed, though you are much more than that aren't you?" A playful smirk crept along the lines of his face, to mask the annoyance he felt. It seemed he would not be catching a break any time soon.

Kazumi merely waved a hand in the air at Naoko's minor complaint. She still wasn't used to this particular ship's little quirks. Yamataian engineering and construction techniques aside, every ship was a bit different. Once the elevator doors opened, the Analyst's eyes had cracked open a little. The light harsh after being closed for so long. With Hiroki slipping by, Kazumi just shrugged and waited for Naoko. Though she had, had other plans. Naoko's baby sister changed them just a little with a message.

'Motoyoshi-Yoshitsune Hiroki, I'm Kazumi. Kaoru, and Naoko's little sister. We've never formally met. However. I do know of you. And your misdeeds and shameful acts. Allow me to be straightforward and blunt. Regarding your clan status, I am currently putting forward the suggestion that you be stripped of your privileges and power that comes from your position and birth within the Clan. This includes freezing your Clan accounts. Your rooms at our various homes will reflect your current status. You will have the Motoyoshi name, but none of the benefits come from it.

However, there is more that I wish for, and hope you will understand. Included in this suggestion is the idea of a merit-based system. Show us, the Elders, our Mother and Heir you can wipe your stain away and that with which you have placed on the clan due to your past ways. Based on those actions, you'll begin to reclaim what has been seized at our clan leader, Elders, and heir's discretion. I am their eyes and ears in this. What they cannot see, I will, what they cannot hear. I will. And it will be sent to them unfiltered and unbiased if they desire updates from me. I know you saw me in the corridor, Hiroki. And the colors I wear. Be warned, I am very good at my job. My suggestion has been simultaneously sent to all parties. And it is now in their hands to decide to move forward or not. You've made a start. Just like Niisan. He has something to truly strive for. And I hope you can find that drive and inspiration as well. Be better. Also. Please tell Minato I said Hi.'

With the brief moment, it took to send after Hiroki's disappearance, Kazumi looked to Naoko. "You... didn't bring them did you? Those pets? Did Oneesan let you? Because I'm not going anywhere near your room if the bitey lizard is there."

Hiroki
officers quarters

Hiroki's brow furrowed as the message relayed across his vision.the irritation apparent on his face, the mask he wore in front of others bean to quickly crumble. sending a private message directly to Kazumi." my dear younger sister. you are correct, you have never met me, and despite your station as a bitch of and for SAINT. understand something. as a youngling i cannot and will not stand by and let, my kid sister attempt to intimidate me. especially when under the assumption i am only a lecherous man. i use our name the way many have forgotten, i enjoy what little life has to offer us. this however you may see it does not leave an opening for an opinion, of an entitled brat such as yourself. the time and energy i have sacrificed to ensure the ideals of the Bakufu are kept. to keep our family traditions afloat since younglings such as yourself have such little true devotion to our former empress. we will have a meeting to discuss this further. along with other siblings, if you so desire."
A clenched fist the leather of his uniform gloves beginning to tear, as his jaw clenched tightly. Hiroki sighed deeply, removing the gloves, slicking his hair back he looked to Megami and smiled. "I apologize where were we?"

Officer Cabins, Upper Decks

Kaoru's answer to Datenshi was simple, she ordered the armor and had the acknowledgment from the production bay sent to the new SEA. "You can let them know what colors you want it in," the Taisa said with a confident smirk as they walked through the corridors. "You look good in white, I think it was something that was a long time coming," she added as she looked Datenshi over. "I have a personal question for you, Akamaru-Heisho, do you think about it? What we went through over there? I've been having dreams since we got back," she enquired quietly as they walked towards her quarters.

The doors open to the Captain's suite and Kazumi was already inside, "Mazu-Hei, Thank you, I probably would have been living out of boxes for weeks had you not been here," she said as she motioned Datenshi to follow her inside.

Kaoru updated herself on the progress being made on the bridge and with the teams she had issued orders to that had proceeded to the launch bay. Her orders still stood and there was no reason to update them. All Orders are Standing. (Since nothing has been completed yet)

"So, what were both of your impressions of our crew. You may speak candidly in here...Any observations?" she asked, once the door closed behind them.

Main Bridge

Tio watched as Tomomi used her isolated pad to start another analysis. "I agree, I don't think they're seeking to overpower us. To be honest, If anything they are overestimating our abilities and are trying to learn our language," he said as he switched through a series of screens. "I have an idea; if we combine my analysis, Kazumi's analysis, and yours maybe we can come up with something. I agree though, we could just ask them to send something smaller, maybe even just a dictionary." he turned in his chair, and looked towards the XO.

"Chusa, Kurita-Hei, and I have a suggestion; we'd like to send a request for a manageable data packet. In addition, it seems to be attempting to learn our language. What if we helped? We could send out a linguistics file and teach them trade and Yamataigo?" he waited to see how the first officer would respond.

While he waited for a response he transferred his data and Kazumi's data to the isolated pad to be joined with Kurita-Hei's. He also updated Kazumi on their progress.

After some processing time, short fragments of the glyphs were loosely translated, "Hello our friend Mazu-sama. We are honored to meet you and welcome your visit to our home. Please ... and enter our system. We... peace..." The rest was beyond the immediate capability but some of the glphs in the language had been identified.

Yamamoto nodded, "Hai Chusa, launching drones." The Mazu fired two of their new multi-purpose drone; they left the launcher within two minutes of each other. The first instructed to use the maximum of its propulsion system and the other crept slowly behind it to keep the interval open as with the first officer's orders. In combination with Mazu's sensors, a profile of the system began to take shape.

The outer most region of the system was abnormal, a thick asteroid feild with asteroids that had defined power systems, as the drone approached the debris field shifted to allow them through. The drones were scanned as they slipped through the field towards the outer-most planet. The scans of the asteriods showed an intensive industrial process, an obvious sign of a very advanced civilization. The power signatures were almost like aether, and yet held a different dimensional signature. The asteroids matched asteroids from both the Shugosha and Siren System, it was as if they had been moved there artifically as part of a system defense system.

Mazu-Heisho made sure the drone's scans were available to the XO and Naoko.

Combined Sciences Laboratory

"You may proceed Himawari-Hei, I trust you've updated yourself on the technician's guide I sent you? This new system is at least safer than the old one. No risk of dissolving yourself in the process, " the Mazu responded, a volumetric version of Minato, but in miniature form popped up in the air beside the technician. "The matter caught within the lines is unable to be dissolved by the machinery. So unfortunately I am unable to unclog this pipe on my own. We suffered damage during our last battle," she informed him.

The clog in the water system's hemosynthetic filters was caused by shards of zeusanium which were passed through the system from one of the hull sections close to the lab where the ship had suffered impact from a Kuexian torpedo during the fight with the Akuro III. The nodal liquid conduit system was of course unable to recycle the material or break it down.

The repair was obviously a test of Himawari-Hei's abilities, the Mazu had to learn she could trust him.

Cargo Bay

The Mazu had been stocked with two of the Type 43 Field Laboratory units. They were covered in protective sheeting fresh from the Star Fortress they had been manufactured on. For the most part, it would just be up to Naoko and Kazumi to prepare them for deployment. It was busy work but it would be needed if they decided to land teams on the surface of a planet.

Hiroki's Cabin

Minato giggled as she watched Hiroki. He was fuming angry, no doubt that little private exchange that moved between him and his little sister was not going his way. "Am I a gift? Hmm...that would imply I am without consequences my dear, dear Kohosei, which I am not. Though it appears the terms and conditions have gotten a little faded over the years," she whispered from the top of his bed. "You look stressed..." she said, "...a little frustrated. Maybe that little bit of fun you had when you came on board wasn't enough," she revealed she had been watching him. She moved slightly, her platinum hair spilled across the plush surface of his pillow as her light blue eyes came to meet his.

"I'm much more than what even you think I am..." she whispered, then tugged the zipper of her bodysuit down, and stopped just short of her navel. Her eyes never left his, as she trailed her fingers back upwards before she spread apart the two halves of the bodysuit to reveal her lovely mounds and nipples. "You're so tense, so wound...take control of me Hiroki, undo that knot within yourself..." she whispered faintly as she pushed her exposed chest upwards and arched her back.

Captains suite

Mazumi smiled as she finished cleaning and setting everything up when she’d gotten the electronic alert that someone was about to enter so she moved into place and then bowed in respect as she was greeted. “No need for thanks ma’am! I imply thought I should take the initiative and take care of everything on that front. I.. I am a caretaker so I’ll take care” she finished, her statement before she straightened up.

Mazumi wasn’t told to leave so she remained where she was until Koaru spoke and asked the two of them their opinions of the crew. “During the party, everyone appeared to be friendly with each other, and my Onisan seemed to be equally popular, and had lots of people talking to her. Everyone also seemed to follow the rules, in one drink no more. Though my duties prevented me from socializing, I hope to get a chance to talk to the crew in person. While we are under way, especially Onisan, I’d like to get to know her better. “ She said before turning to Datenshi.

“Akamaru-Heisho, you were among the crew, am I correct in my assessment? ’ She asked due to having spotted Datenshi amongst the socializing crew and so assumed that she’d be able to agree with her assessment or at least add her own.

Multi-Purpose Launch Bay (Port Side)

Hearing Reiko talking about the PA made her narrow her eyes a bit, Miyu shrugs at the idea to be using recycled PAs for battle. Yet the given situation, the years of war take the toll on the Yamatai army, and while she knew that over time they would be back into full strength. She takes a deep breath finally responding to Reiko request for confirmation on what to do next "Yea I will check the modules while checking the navigational systems, could you handle the check-ups on the weapons?" She said while getting to the pilot seat and sitting down. The fresh smell of new was weird for Miyu, she slides her fingers over the console noticing the quick response of the system "They didn't hold back on these..."

Her fingers stopped as her head tilted a bit to the side thinking a bit about the information from the squad that had transferred to the Mazu "Have you seen Kyle?" She finally spoke to Reiko leaning a bit backward in her chair "We are missing a few of our pilots here, even though we don't have much to fly on, I do need his technician skills at the moment" She sighs a bit and made a quick message to give the orders out to be sent to him "Give me a sec, I will get this sorted"

To: Kyle Dee

Hei, report to the launch bay after you have settled down in your bunk, I require your technician skills to check up on the condition of the shuttle.

Regards

Sasaki

She blinked with her eyes "Alright that should resolve that problem, how are the weapons check coming along back there?" Miyu spoke sliding her hand over the console trying to test the navigational systems and getting used to it. Miyu opens a link to Alyx "How is the armory looking at your side?" As the Wing Commander, it was her duty now to overlook all operational angles and get her team ready for whatever is coming.

Last edited:
"Sure." Reiko said, as she eased herself in her seat, connecting through SPINE to the shuttle. "Yeah, no kidding. These seats are actually comfortable... Kyle? Oh that shy technician? Haven't seen him in awhile."

"Let's see here... CIES looks good, life support looks to be on the green zone. And emergency systems are A-Ok. Now for the weapons..."
the pilot mumbled as she checked each system. "Ok, seems that the Aether Cannon is only forward facing, so side targets need to be handled by the CFS Array or the Namikaze Launcher..."

"Weapons check done! All systems are go."
she answered Miyu as she idly checked some of the systems in the cockpit. "Huh, interesting. Seems the Fukuro has a subsystem for rear cabins, although they're pretty basic and only for the standard modules. If Kaoru wants a sex cruise module, we'll have to program it from scratch." The last part was said with a sly grin on her face.

Combined Sciences Laboratory

Kenta was a little surprised when the chibi-Minato popped up overlaid on top of the schematics... but, this was probably something he needed to get used to. "Sure is. That HCSC-2 was nasty stuff handling dissolving waste products, but one of my tutor's made it easy to remember the dangers: 'If it looks like poo, you'll end up goo'." He couldn't resist laughing a little, remembering that moniker, one of many that helped him pass the more technical portions of the exams. Joking aside, it was clear cut what the problem was, as he studied the data display, and gave a little virtual pat of Minato's platinum-haired head in the process. "Sorry I wasn't here for that scrap, but I should be able to fix this no sweat. Zesu's the OG material, indestructible, but it's still caught in the filter like anything else."

The red-panel proceeded to pull out the filter kits from under a nearby counter, and drag it and his tool case over to a spot near a panel on the wall between one of the workstations and the reconstruction tube array. It was an easy matter to remove the protective plating to access the feeder lines, making sure to engage the very low-tech hand-override to stop the flow of hemosynthetic fluid from the rest of the ship that fed the lab's compartmentalized systems. Even if the modern iteration had more safeguards in place, it was still good practices to make sure it was safe for maintenance -- he made sure to put on a pair of heavy, protective gloves that went up nearly to his broad shoulders and a protective face shield before working directly with the fluid. The scalable graviton beam projector was kept on standby just incase he needed to contain a nasty pipe burst fast.

The next step was hooking up a bypass to the kit's portable recycling container, which would drain the local lines of possibly contaminated liquid, that was fed through the decon filter inside. While that was running in the background, and he got the all clear that the array was emptied, he finally opened the cover of the filtering module itself to pull out the affected media and inspect for the aforementioned Zesuaium debris. Himawari-hei didn't linger too long however, as exposing the shards to the cabin air wasn't a good idea, and was quick to seal it inside of an isolated sleeve in the kit intended for the dirtied and discarded filters. The rest could be handled in maintenance by a materials specialist if they wanted to reclaim the rare metal. Assuming no other problems were evident, he would place a freshly opened hemosynthetic filter in the module, before walking the steps backwards to seal it all up again and restore to safe operation for the scientists there.

After being summoned, the young man ceased messing with his plumage and stepped off of the lift. Stuffing the pure white feathers from his wings into the pockets of his Type 22 Star Army Cargo Pants. His eyes glancing around the hall through his dust-covered glasses as he attempted to find out where he was. “I am not getting lost again this time,” Kyle instructed to himself, clenching his jaw before finding the Multi-Purpose Launch Bay entrance. Upon entering, Kyle quickly dusted off his Type 35 Star Army Duty Uniform. The vibrant red chest color indicating himself as a technician.

Looking over his shoulder, Kyle noticed the Fukuro. “Let’s get to work!” The youthful technician exclaimed with excitement as he quickly made his way over to the shuttle. “Kon'nichiwa!” He called as he stepped inside of the shuttle. “Santô Hei Dee reporting, where do you need me Jôtô Heisho?” Remaining rather formal in addressing the wing commander.

Last edited:

"I feel like a ghost haunting the halls... Congrats, you're the first girl to get me to wear white, you should feel so accomplished." Datenshi let out a huff, but the way she walked with her shoulders back, the smirk across her lips and the confidence in her walk told the real story. She felt... proud... for the first time in a long time of herself, and she let out a small sigh as she heard the next question and rubbed her head as she seemed to deflate a little.

"I found copious amounts of alcohol to be a wonderful coping mechanism. Makes you forget things for a few hours of blissful darkness and floating." While the words might seem like a joke, her tone seemed to be far from a joke. Cold and harsh, it was distant and not tough to hear where her anger rested in the pit of her stomach. She shook her head before she spoke again. "When I don't drink, I have nightmares. What happened up there was just... wrong. No one deserved that. None of them." She admitted as she followed along until they came to a stop. They entered, and the girl inside got a small nod of the head. She heard the next question and Mazumi's answer, Datenshi gave a fairly different answer.

"To much family on board. I think it's just Miyu, maybe, that isn't either part of the ship, a Motoyoshi or Akamaru... To many people trying to compete to be noticed by mommy dearest I feel like, I don't know." Her answer was abrupt and precise to her point.

Naoko smiled at Hiroki looking up at him as he spoke. "Ose and Joachim are doing as well as can be expected Sui has them both under close supervision especially after what happened the last time Joachim was left to his own devices. He still seems to be struggling with the information from the st drive but wont open up to anyone about what's floating around his head. We can only hope that Otto returns soon so he can help him understand it all a bit better." A quiet chuckle escaped her lips at his comment. " Well I cant help it if you opted out of the advanced classes. If I remember correctly you were too busy almost being kicked out with your escapades to whoo the women. " Naoko couldnt help but poke a bit of fun at him more so to try to keep her mind off of other things.

As she stepped off the lift she smiled at Kazumi. "Soru has long since broken the habit of nipping. He is fully trained and registered with command now. Nikkusu is concidered a pet but i was given permission to bring her though its up to Kaoru and the first officer if either of them are allowed out of the room or not. Sadly Nikkusu is not allowed about during my tasks. She is probably going to get lonely in my room." She took a few steps in the direction of her room. "Any new developments since the report?" Naoko knew she wasnt in the lift all that long but she also knew her sister and just how much she could get done in such a short amount of time.

Hiroki's Quarters

His seething anger had quickly fallen to the way side, unbuttoning the class A jacket, Hiroki couldn't help but be enticed by who and what was laid before him." You know, there may be a price, I guess privacy was never much of an option on this ship, however. That is a price I am willing to pay my dear. Tell me, what brought this on?" His question lingered in the air, as he deftly removed articles of clothing, one piece at a time. Stepping closer to his bed, resting his arms to her sides, his lips pressed against the soft glowing skin at the base of Minato's neck, his breath trailing higher before Hiroki placed an energetic kiss on his would-be intruder. Leaning farther to push her back onto the bed, Hiroki chuckled to himself." You are right about one thing, how tense I am. I will gladly take you." His expression began to soften, as he leaned in once again, close to Minato's ear." Laid bare before me, a goddess of war she is. A night of passion"

Kazumi looked doubtfully at Naoko's explanation of her pets. The girl had a distrust of pets in general. When you're eight inches tall with a slavering hound chasing you during your first ever encounter with the outside of a nursury it had that kind of effect. Though she seemed to shrug out of the blue as her jaw set firmly.

'We may discuss with our siblings, and sisters at your leisure. Thank you, this introduction was... enlightening. For the time being let us please go about our duties as normal until such a time is available.' she returned to Hiroki after a short time. She didn't know what he was doing at the moment and frankly didn't care a wit for the time being.

"Nearly being chomped by a dog when you're a youngling kinda makes me leery of the bitey lizard. Even if you say they're trained. " she said a little warily. Glancing sideways to the blue-skinned Neko, she bit her bottom lip a little.

"Sooooo... how are my precious nephew and niece?" switching gears, the youngest of the three sisters clasped her hands behind her back, swinging her torso just a little from side to side while her ears seemed to flit in time to each sway. "They're overdue for hugs and cuddles." she grinned a little.

Last edited:
Main Bridge

Yukio watched as the probes were sent, anxious to see what juicy scientific data would be discovered at this once surveyed system. Though if anyone was looking at him sitting at the XO position, they would have figured he was either annoyed at them or completely disinterested. A samurai must control his or her emotions at all times after all to ensure victory in battle.

While he waited, he watched Tomomi for a moment. He noted that the isolated pad seemed like an entirely inefficient means of doing heuristic scans. But then he noticed that she was talking to it as if it was an individual. Given what he had read about her skills, he assumed she must have assumed she had done something to it to improve its processing power. If she didn't have her initial behavioral problems that has made her a terminal Nito Hei, he had little doubt she would have been an officer leading some research section by now.

"That... would be a very obvious suggestion." Yukio said, rubbing his chin. He then broke off the conversation as the probe data began to filter into his console. He flipped on the volumetric display so Tio and Tomomi could see as the probe's discoveries and fate would determine if he would concur with Tio's suggestion. He raised his eyebrows at the abnormal readings and silently asked Mazu to make a comparison against previously known survey data for the star system.

"Captain, who or what department within the Motoyoshi Colonial Sector is responsible for asteroid mining? Scans of the system are showing asteroids who's chemical composition match those of the Shugosha and Siren systems. I would like to know if they have experienced any strange occurrences there." Yukio said in an encrypted message sent for Kaoru's eyes only.

Returning his attention to the bridge. "Very well Kohosei, send them a standard Trade dictionary only. We cannot determine their intentions if we cannot communicate clearly. If they prove to be hostile, we will hopefully have Yamataigo as means for isolated communications." Tio said, finally making a decsion based on what data he had available.

It would be hard to have diplomacy otherwise.

"Motoyoshi-konosei, could you please begin an analysis of the aether dimensional signatures? There is something off about them and I would like to present ideas as to why." Yukio asked Naoko. His message lacked the chibi, thus could be considered quite forceful.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back