• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Episode 0: [YSS Mazu] - Chōyō Maru 朝陽

Kazumi more or less felt as her sister's arms snaked their way around her. The tender, loving, and almost soothingly apologetic tone in Kaoru's telepathic 'voice' blanketed itself over her mind even as the powerful muscles in her back and shoulders tightened. Her body made her dangerous. Yet her sister, the Taisa of the YSS Mazu seemingly didn't care at the subtle reflexive warning sign of possible action being eminent at the hug. Kazumi simply felt the older woman didn't care, knowing it was nothing more than her little sister being her little sister. The Analyst for the ship had supped well on her mother's and the clan's teachings in many areas. Yet she slipped in some privately in mind and body. The Star Army, Yamatai and her Radiance, Himiko, ruler of the Yamatai Star Empire.

That split-second readiness for action or sheer surprise and panic relaxed. Kaoru was her Taisa, her captain. She was also her eldest sister and heir to their clan. That and the sheer presence of emotion and power to her sister's mental words washing across her mind. Her arms wrapped around Kaoru's body in an equally loving hug. When the eldest out of Katsuko's brood with her lover Yaichiro broke the embrace, Kazumi just gave a simple nod, though her eyes were watery yet filled with a nervous acceptance. The baby of the three sisters had always preferred the spoken word and physical expression to such things as telepathy. It just felt more... right to her, normal, yet more intimate and emotionally charged chocked full of mystery and the true, physical voice of the individual. Another secret little sin she supposed. Although the younger sister to Tio often did so with him. He was a bit of a dick, but, she felt a kinship with him.

He had something to prove, to work for, for himself, the clan, and their mother. Even if she occasionally screwed with him as all little sisters should in her mind when it came to big brothers, she does try to help him when able. Or, just give him the gossip. It paid to wear the black panels of her uniform after all.

And Naoko, well, Naoko was an egghead with demons for pets. She swore every time she came across them, Kazumi ended up hissing like a literal house cat and stormed away.

She could've invited the middle child to the tabletop RPG she was in with members of security and engineering. A game of a bleak science-fictional future amongst the stars. Of war born of personal power, and greed. One in which they'd been dropped feet first right in the middle of the political shitshow on some backwater world between the twenty-eight noble houses that had obliterated the ruling family. And now each and everyone wanted the title. War was imminent, they were unable to get off-world and a lot of civilians were going to be in the warzone. With a mental snort, she had a feeling her sibling would've been a min-maxer. At least with her father's former Chief Engineer, the Shoi Koyama she'd managed to not do so too much. That woman seemed to love her cyborg technophile character and didn't want to risk their GM's wrath. Though now it seemed she'd have to try and take time to use volumetrics and a communication device to attend.

But now, with Kaoru, she'd have to re-evaluate things. The woman still scared the shit out of her on and off duty. At least while on the bridge she could maintain that professional facade. Blinking back that wateriness from her eyes, Kaoru's little sister turned to look upon the person she was being introduced to. From where she stood, the much shorter Motoyoshi had to tilt her head back a bit to get a better look at the man.

Her SAoY training, and her term under certain members of the Clan when dealing with those of rank and blood kicked in. Kazumi clasped her hands before herself, and bowed, not too low, not too high. But enough, perhaps just a little more than enough to convey her greeting, "A pleasure to meet you, Ryu-Mizumitsu Chusa. As our captain has said, I am Motoyoshi, Kazumi. The Mazu's Analyst. I hope we can get along, and build a healthy, professional working relationship together." she said. Polite, professional, and acting as if the emotional moment between the two sisters had quickly passed. At least in this, the two siblings seemed to share similarities in such public displays.

"Your service deserves merit and respect, Chusa." Kazumi added with another little bow, this one with just a tiny, polite smile.

Hiroki

His eyes Narrowed, as Miyu's question shadowed the facetious remark Reiko made."I provided much needed relief, through theatre productions, for our troops. No I was not on the frontline. Nor were any of my comments, meant to invite irritation. I am simply trying to make small talk. And point out what seems to be well documented for the crew. There are many attractive individuals aboard this ship. And reminding someone they are beautiful, usually brings a smile. However i see it has done little to do so." With a Bow Hiroki stepped back, seeing the crowd form, looking back and noticing Datenshi's look caused his grip to tighten once more, before bowing to the group."if you'll excuse me, i believe the bar is calling me."

Heading now through the crowd that has gathered. Hiroki stopped by the Bar. "Absinthe, two sugars and half a teaspoon of water. If you would be so kind?"

Naokos eyes shifted from the people near by to her sister as she heard the word threw the link. Placing her hands behind her back partially concealing her lab coat and data pad she started to walk toward her sisters. She couldn't help but wonder if she had noticed her coat and the time she had spend looking for a message that hadn't come. 'I hope I'm not in trouble again' she thought to herself as she approached them.

Stopping in the circle that had formed now she gave a small nod and a small curious smile. "Good evening everyone. " She looked up eyes settling on Kaoru's chin. It was a trick Otto had taught her that helps keep the illusion of making eye contact even when she was to nervous to actually do it. When you focus on someones chin you cant see their emotions in there eyes. If you can't see the emotion it doesn't exist.

"Oooooh, burn! I like this sassy side of yours, Miyu." said Reiko as she watched the retreating back of Hiroki. Listening to Alyx and Miyu's conversation, Reiko interjected with a sage nod and a smirk, saying "Mmmh, yes, bankers are eeeeevil." She quickly reined herself in, showing a more somber expression. "We've crippled the Kuvexians, no doubt about it. They still pose a threat, but it will take decades or more to ever regain the power they had, if they ever even do."

Reiko kept quiet as Miyu approached her sister. Despite herself, the pilot licked her lips at Datenshi's form. Seeing her in her makeup and formal wear didn't fit Datenshi's personality, but it held a sort of fiendish, lurid allure. Just like Datenshi herself.

Should the Transmission be analyzed in fragment (There is no way the entire transmission could be captured) - The incoming transmission from E-6 was a highly complex data file that is too large for MEGAMI to handle. The file's composition is that expected of quantum computer except the digits beyond 0 and 1 are of a character set that is over a trillion characters in length that serves as the ancient AI that is operating in E-6's computing language. Its not that MEGAMI is inferior more, to her it appears to be jibberish because at this stage the YSS Mazu, even with heuristic analysis in place has no context to read the files. At this point the content of the transmission would still be unknown. It should be noted that the transmission did trigger MEGAMI's safeties but it was due to its size not due to a malicious content.

Kaoru turned to Yukio when the transmission came from the bridge, she was almost happy the interruption had come. She was finished with the little gathering before it even started, she said quietly to him, "Let's try to see if we can at least get a piece of whatever or whoever is trying to send us. Try and keep it isolated though, I don't want to risk our systems to something that could be electronic warfare, take our Information Tech with you to the bridge and see if you can help my brother with the communication. I will get this shutdown and we will get everyone settled in." The Taisa looked to her sister Naoko, "It looks like introductions and fun will have to wait a little while, Naoko why don't you and Kazumi go and get settled into your quarters and get your gear unpacked, when you're done that there is a Field Lab in the cargo hold that I want to be prepped and ready to go if we need it when we get there," she said which took care of both Naoko and Kazumi.

MEGAMI ceased the music upon the Taisa's order. "If I could have everyone's attention, please. Thank you all for coming and welcome on board the YSS Mazu. I am happy you are all here and we will have plenty of time to get to know each other. We have a very small crew right now, so a lot of the ship is empty and most of you have your choice of cabin arrangements. Due to the shortage of crew, I am authorizing that enlisted personnel may move into vacant officer quarters from this group. Please go and stow your gear, get situated and we will all assemble in the conference room for a briefing upon my call. Those of you in this room have been selected due to your specializations to be the crew I will be calling upon as needed," Kauro announced to the entire room.

"Bridge, bring us out of hyperspace, proceed under CDD to the edge of the system. I want to take this slow, I don't want to go rushing into this without a better idea of what is going on," she took a second to make sure her orders were acknowledged. There was a low hum that sounded through the ship as the plasmatic clouds of hyperspace that passed the viewport faded as it was replaced by the twilight of open space.

"Dismissed!" Kaoru said loudly, then said to Yukio, "I will join you on the bridge shortly."

She transmitted wirelessly to Hinomaru-Hei, "Go to the bridge, serve tea and water offerings to the bridge crew that didn't get relief for this gathering. Then one large hot black tea with a squirt of lemon in my Mazu thermal. When you're done bring it to my quarters." She turned and headed towards the door to the corridor. "Tenshi, with me..." she issued in privacy on her way past.

Additional Orders issued through MEGAMI - [Miyu and Reiko] When your gear is stowed, pilots please report to the launch bay. We have newly manufactured Fukuro-Class Shuttles that require prep for possible mission. (Fighters and Bombers have not arrived) [Alyx] Since our infantry and ranger attachments have not be assigned, please assist with the shuttle prep. [Kenta] Assist Minato with any tasks once your gear is stowed, I'm sure you will be able to find her. [Hiroki] Assist with the shuttles preparation.

-

Minato nodded, "Sorry, I'm fine just some data we were being transmitted was not digested well." She smiled at Totomi, " I have a lot of likes and dislikes, I guess we will have to hang out and find out. Looks like we're being called to work though, follow Taisa's orders. " She didn't know what the command team wanted to be told to the crew yet so she ended the interaction there. She gave a wink to Kenta and said as she turned away, her eyes right on Hiroki as she said it, "Move along you heard the Taisa!" When her eyes met him she gave him a little wink, an indication of exactly the kind of observations she had made before the mixer started.

Last edited:
Mazumi thought about the crew she’ll be serving with they haven’t talked to her much other than to request drinks, but she understood she had a duty to perform. There would be time to chat later when she wasn’t so busy. She hoped to make friends here during her time, but she had to acknowledge they might not be as interested in being friends with someone clearly an android.

A grin formed on her lips, at the realization since her mind was also a sprite, she might get herself transferred to a Neko body, but concerned that she wouldn’t be allowed, she chose to forget her thoughts and distract herself with serving drinks. She acknowledged Hiroki with a nod ’got it, comrade!” She said as she began making her drink with some flair. “Absinthe, two sugars and half a teaspoon of water. Just like you asked, ” she said to him.

Once again she went back to the crowd, watching until the situation changed. Her audio receptors heard her Taisa’s words to the crew and the wireless order to her. Her only reply was to acknowledge her orders before she got things on the alcohol front cleared from the bar, then she made tea and water, which was placed in containers onto a tray which she picked up and took with her to the Bridge. “Sempais! I have been asked to bring you tea and water offerings since you all weren’t able to get relief for the party” She said with her cheerful kind voice.

Once this was done, she made Koaru’s request, a large hot black tea with a squirt of lemon in her Mazu thermal. Once she was sure the drink was at the acceptable temperature, she brought it on a tray to her quarters.

Miyu listens to the conversation as her focused redirect to the Taisa that spoke up to address the situation of the ship and what was going to be expected in a red line. It was good to have a change of pace to hear that their leader was ready and firm in her boots to get done what was needed. The situation after Glimmergold was still fresh in everyone's mind and getting back to action was only natural. Noticing the incoming message she diverted her eyes to the ground to acknowledge the message and looked at Reiko "It seems we got prep work to do" Looking at Alyx "Do you require to come with us? If so hitch a ride with us" She spoke with a wink "Everyone else has a good day and enjoy your work as always"

With that said she moved to the hallway and knew her bags were already in the assigned cabin "Reiko we don't have a fighter or my bombers yet, what do you know about the situation of the Mazu and this new shuttle?" She had been occupied with other things and didn't have the time to get things caught up on new equipment.

Kenta blushed at little at Tomomi's easygoing nature and the prospect of there being a SAINT database of soldier's sleepwear, but when the infotech let him go he shot a puzzled expression to her and Minato as there was some concern over a 'hiccup' of sorts in the ship avatar's demeanor. Something obviously took a huge chunk of her processing power away momentarily. The resulting explanation made a little more sense, though, when the orders from on high soon came down into his own awareness, prompting the blonde-haired Hei to rub the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Aww, man. Looks like our little party has gotten cut short... Duty calls and all," groaned Kenta echoing the sentiment of a lot of other enlisted assembled, then added with a renewed excitement: "But hey, now, cabin upgrades too? Not complaining I guess! Better hurry to grab my piece of prime real estate." And it meant he could get out of these stuffy slacks into work clothes a little faster, too, which was a welcome relief. As the MEGAMI then prodded him to get going with a wink, he gave the female crewmates a hearty smile, along with quickly downing a Gunship Lager he had ordered from the bar but barely gotten to touch. "Ittekimasu, see you around! And good luck with your work, Tomomi-hei," offered the fellow red-panel with a final wave, as he then made a beeline out of the lounge.

It didn't take too much time to move his sparse, barely-unpacked belongings into a cushy accomodation meant for an officer in training, though he sadly couldn't enjoy it much. It was after all a prerogative to report to main engineering in his duty uniform to gear up and await the MEGAMI's orders, as directed by the Taisa. Himawari-hei had a feeling that with the lack of staffing being painfully obvious, it was going to be quite the 'honey-do' list from Minato-sama he would be faced with...

"Hai!" Yukio said in a sharp, but whispered voice as he quickly bowed at Kaoru's command. He then stood slightly behind her and to the left as Kaoru announced the party was over. He was a little saddened that it was as he was going to have to devote more time to chasing down people that he knows will not enjoy his "XO" sessions. It was his job and by hook or by crook, he was going to get his sessions.

Once everyone was dismissed, he looked over at Tomomi and narrowed his eyes a bit. "Kurita-hei, if you are done talking about your choice of lack of sleepwear... come with me. I am in need of your professional expertise on the bridge. You can stow your gear *After* we are done." Yukio said in a clear and projected voice-over towards Tomomi. He just stared at her for a bit and then proceeded to leave, expecting her to be behind her.

"Y-yes Chusa!" Tomomi stammered her response, returning to her social shell. She bowed to Minato and waved to Kenta before she ran to catch up with Yukio. She could clearly tell the XO didn't like her and she really didn't feel like being stuck on a planet alone again setting up prefab buildings. Kaoru saying she was selected for her expertise only made her warier of failing.

Bridge

Soon after he left the wardroom, Yukio exited the dedicated lift to the bridge with Tomomi. He looked over at Blues-Chui and nodded to him as he made his way to the First Officer Station. He then motioned with his hand for Tomomi to make his way over to Motoyoshi Tio's position at the communications station.

"Kohosei Motoyoshi, I want you to work with Kurita-hei to isolate a portion of the transmission and isolate it from MEGAMI's systems if possible." he said, getting himself settled in his seat to start monitoring the effort's effects on the ship computer. "Let's see if we can get a clearer picture of what is going on."

Tomomi simply did as she was told and bowed to Tio. She then looked over at the familiar communications station. "I am going to miss being on the bridge." Tomomi spoke softly, largely to herself as she remembers her time as a starship operator.

Last edited:
"I mean I keep the troops happy too through theatrics, though typically that winds up being tied to the bedroom... But I swear it's a full scale production, with lights and cameras and all sorts of stuff I need a license for..." Her tone seemed joking, at least some of it as she smirked and turned to look to Miyu. She huffed and rolled her eyes, all while she tightened her arms over her chest where her medals rested.

"I hate this shit... I've worn my medals like, twice. And I can't even remember why I wore it the fir-.... Oh no I remember never mind... Look I'm not the type to dress up ok? I hate this uniform it's too stuffy." She let out another little huff before she straightened up a little at Kaoru started in on the orders and the like, including a new room for Tenshi into an upgraded suite maybe? But then Kaoru called for her to follow. She thankfully internalized the groan at being unable to go and change into something more comfortable, but quickly enough she fell in a step or two behind the woman and followed along.

"What can I do for you?" She asked, simply and bluntly, as was famous Akamaru fashion...

Kazumi had begun to part her lips, to open a conversation between the little group. To ask how they were settling in. If they found the posting to the Mazu acceptable. That if they had any questions, concerns that she could assist them with to bring them to her at any time. There was a little twinkle, practiced as it was, it was something she'd learned to do to show a gentle if somewhat playful enthusiasm regarding her social situation. Just another one of those things to apply her not-so-standard appearance and educated upbringing to the fore.

It was partly a coached thing, utilization of her SAINT training beyond its means and the simple fact she liked dealing with new people though not through such gatherings like parties. Gauging them, their reactions, how they moved, acted, the whole shebang. The Analyst was a bit of a social creature but could be a little choosey in who she formed bonds with beyond the coworker level.

These were her sister's people. But they were also hers if to a smaller degree. She'd be responsible for putting information she could capture and put it into a form others could apply to the situation at the time. To save lives, to protect the soldiers aboard this vessel.

But it was the subtle shift in Kaoru's posture that seemed to draw her attention from the First Officer. She still looked at the man, all attentive and lady-like thank whoever had introduced the means for her to see through a bit of exposed skin for the foresight. That was until her elder sister's words touched ears that had long since swiveled in her direction.

It was then that her heliotrope-dye-hued eyes widened. And the sudden urge to slam her hands down, or flip a table (if one were handy) threatened to overwhelm her. Prepping field equipment? A LAB? Biting her bottom lip, Kazumi bowed just before her Taisa made to leave, hands at her side as she made to follow. Though where she was going was different. Displeasure tinged her mood then. Yet she would follow orders and as such moved with purpose toward her quarters. At least there she'd be able to change out of this ridiculous uniform and into something more practical. She'd begun to favor the new bodysuit, not because her dad had crafted it, and her friend had made some of it possible, but the fact it had, in her mental capabilities and the tools she needed to be more effective at her work.

Besides, who the hell wore skirts on a Star Army ship without ending up being the subject of leering at any exposed flesh from such short things? In a very uncharacteristic Kazumi fashion, she sucked at her teeth before resuming going over what Gemini had sent. Signals, signals, signals... The Kohosei nodded to a few stray crewmen who moved past her and they nodded back. The elevator was near at hand, yet Kazumi took a moment's pause, hand pressed against one of the walls of the hall. The information was... strange. Foreign. Or just plain weird. Her curiosity drove her on as she downloaded a stronger cryptographic analysis package from the Mazu. Overlaying what she had sifted through with the notations, information, and whatever Gemini had managed to work upon the signals the star fortress had picked up.

With a shake of her head, Kazumi moved on. The elevator opened with a slight pneumatic hiss and she boarded. With a thought, it moved to the appropriate deck. With a frown, she brought up her left hand, turning it so she could see her wrist clearly. On command, after inputting a series of security codes, biometrics, neural keys the outline of something around her wrist shimmered into existence. A bracelet, dark, non-reflective. The thing's AI chirped a greeting at her in a way that turned her frown into a smile.

It was a nifty bit of covert tech to have around.

With a little ding, the elevator doors opened, and an eye blink later, Kazumi realized she'd left Naoko in her dust, so caught up in her own thoughts and trying to wrap her head around what was banging around it. It was then that Kazumi moved to the wall opposite of the elevator, leaning back against it her arms crossed with a one-way volumetric screen in front of her.

Sending a request through the MEGAMI to reach Gemini for clarification, and any further pertinent information it was then she emitted a sound of vexation that sounded a little like the growl of an annoyed house cat. Muttering, Kazumi sent a message to Tio's station on the bridge. A little, chibi version of herself would appear in an unused corner of his screen. A chat bubble in Yamataigo following as this Chibi Kazumi seemed to mimic its master's displeasure. 'What was going on with the MEGAMI? I was having trouble trying to get through to Gemini a little while ago.' chibi Kazumi seemed to flail its arms. It'd stay there, waiting, flailing, a simple communication over the officer's channel would've sufficed, but she considered a secondary priority. Comparing notes with whatever progress Gemini had made since she'd gotten a hold of the brief, and information could wait. At least this way the brother-sister duo could chat a little more privately for just the moment.

The AI chirped again, it was a cute little thing she'd programmed. The Intel Analyst boosted her own capabilities with its own processing power. She compared the signal type, a slice of information she'd partitioned off into a safety how it was sent, everything with known communications techniques and equipment of the wider sector's nations and their militaries. It was all just so incomprehensible to her at the time. What she needed was one of those metaphorical Nerimian Rosetta Stones from their homeworld.

Something to work with. Just a clue. It was a puzzle. She was good at puzzles. Loved'em. Running so many comparative analyses against the various factions' encryption methods, military methodologies, including those on the wider civilian and known criminal networks came next. It was all giving her beautiful brain a headache as she spurred it on with the added boost from her bracelet's AI.

"Patterns within Patterns. Chaos within patterns, patterns within chaos." murmuring the little enigmatic quotation from her engineering buddy while stopping one dead-end analysis to begin another in another direction. The woman had a head for numbers, so much so that she found chaos theory dimensional theory and its applications a fun pastime to screw around with. And a talent for thinking outside of the box and creatively. Unfolding her arms, the youngest of the three sisters snapped her fingers. Adding a widened array of mathematical cryptographic analysis and ciphers Kazumi pushed that to the fore as she waved a hand at the window and set the AI to try and build a more comprehensive model of just what she was dealing with.

"C'mon... one chink... just one..." her eyes closed as she said this aloud, the corridor's light becoming darkness as the work continued while waiting for Naoko. Naoko's baby sister then sent a brief if distracted private telepathic message.

'I'm waiting for you on the deck with the officers' quarters. Just outside of the elevator.' with that, she went back to sifting through the information.

Last edited:
Hiroki listened attentively as he heard his elder sister begin her orders. the usual formal situations seemed to be short this time, though it was unsurprising knowing her disdain for long, boring formal activities. a constant reminder that life was no longer chasing beautiful theatre goers.
snapping to attention, Hiroki downed his drink, quickly heading into the hallway, after noticing a wink from the corner of his eye." did she.... no..." he thought to himself, Heading into the hall way the realisation that there might not have been ample shis to pilot, sort of excited the man. less pilots meant he would show his elders he was of use. but first, a change into more, breathable clothing was in ordr. making his way down the Hallway, down to the Elevator. Hiroki waited patiently. attempting to show no sign of his ever so slightly bruised ego.

Hearing everyone receive their orders Naoko frown. She hadn't had the chance to ask about Soru or Nikkusu at the gathering. Naoko left the room pulling on her lab coat before opening her data pad. She received the message from Kazumi sending back a quick reply "on my way". Picking up the pace she headed for the Elevator. She was walking much to fast to not be paying attention to where she was going. Taking one to many steps she ran face first into the back of someone waiting at the elevator her datapad falling the the ground bouncing on the corners a few times before setting. "Fuck." Naoko took a few steps back her eyes on the Data pad hoping it hadn't been damaged. "I'm so sorry I need to pay more attention to where I am going." Bending down her hair still fastened in its band fell over her shoulder. Naoko picked up the data pad quickly her eyes looking up at the person she had ran into. Standing up she tried to smile hoping he wouldn't be to angry with her.

@The KrimsonWulf

Reiko's ears perked at the sound of Kaoru's officer voice. It was similar in tone to the voice she used when she, Reiko and Kazue were more... in private. Still, it was no time for idle thoughts, duty called.

After having packed her bags in her room, directly across from Miyu, Reiko joined her friend in the hallway. "Not much. Only what I've heard in the gravepine about the shuttle. Very modular." Showing Miyu a grin, the redhead said, "Should be fun!"

Alyx looked down at her padd, seeing the orders to help make the shuttle ready. "I think I should." She responded to Miyu, joining the two others n heading towards the shuttlebay. "I'll need to grab my armor, never know when something is going to come up where you need it." She said, working down her list of things to do. Her first instinct was to get some of her grunts to do it. However, apparently no grunts.

The long Separa'Shan didn't mind doing grunt work and in fact, enjoyed it from time to time. However, it wasn't where her skills lay, she had an inch deep understanding of all the things the Infantry could do, but knew all of the different things that they could do, whereas others were specialists. "I'll look forward to seeing the shuttle as well, as I don't think I've used one of the new ones before."

E-6 System boundary, current speed 0.05c and holding as per updated order from Motoyoshi Kaoru, Taisa.

Officer Cabins, Upper Decks

The mission the two had recently shared seemed to have opened a line of communication; it didn't really follow the pecking order of ranks and decorations. The bond of combat facing the manipulative mind games of Kiyoko had opened up an opportunity for like minds, even if the paths were different. "We can stop at your quarters and you can get into a flight suit or something, "Kaoru said almost intuitively, then continued on with what she had to discuss with Datenshi, "We're short on armors, a shit tonne of equipment, and a bunch of resources. Not exactly the position we want to be in if things go sideways; we've been through some serious insanity together now I just wanted you to know that I'd like to think of it as an opportunity, an open dialog between battle sisters. If you need to talk, I'm here to talk," the Taisa said as they worked through the corridors of the ship. She stopped and slid a small box into Datenshi's grip, "I doubt you wanted a big deal out of this, considering...bloodstains look the same no matter how fancy the pin is. Anyway, it's official for our mission." She paused for a minute, "I was thinking, Akamaru-Heisho, what would you think of white panels? I could use a good SEA. Plus I'd let you keep your armor role up at the same time, just could use a soldier who could keep things in order below the bridge." she said and explained her thoughts and made her offer, sadly it would mean more of that stuffy uniform for Datenshi if she accepted.

The box had the Ittô Heisho rank pin in it.

Kaoru stopped outside of one of the empty officer cabins, "I had your stuff moved, with all the empty space I figured we might as well put the empty officer quarters to good use, don't worry I won't keep track of who is going in and out unless we need to make it a friendly competition," she said with a smirk. "Hurry up and get changed, I need to get something in my suite, then you can get down to the launch bay and I can get to the bridge."

Previous orders to all crew through MEGAMI still standing. Even though Kaoru was elsewhere she kept constant tabs on the crew and the assignments she had issued them.

Bridge

Tio adjusted his posture a bit as he watched the XO emerge onto the bridge. He already had a cloud of windows open as he was trying to investigate what he could about the signal which was confined to the brief handshake and attempt to communicate, "Hai, Mizumitsu-Chusa, will do," he acknowledged the XO's orders and glanced towards Kuirta-Hei as she made her way over. "Well, Hey Kurita-Hei, I'm Motoyoshi Tio, " he introduced himself and then continued, " It stopped transmitting after MEGAMI refused the file transfer, I can't even seem to get her to figure out the handshake that opened the initial communication," he explained as he opened a volumetric window with an isolated segmented of the initiation code, it appeared to be jibberish, while the opening was what standardly opened communications beyond that it was like a never ending stream of jibberish.

The volumetric window displayed a fragment of the "handshake" coding used to initiate the communication. The opening beginning appeared to be in broken Yamataigo and Trade, almost like it was learning their language, beyond that it extended into what appeared to be trillions of unknown characters that while it bore some repeating syntax and code that suggested language it was absolutely massive, even without the attachment which for what it was worth had been refused by MEGAMI save for some fragments that were still in the communications buffer that commonly assisted with translation. It would be possible if Tomomi was insightful that the heuristics scan could be configured to begin decoding the complex language it just would require a lot of time and procssing power from MEGAMI to do so. Nothing malicious appeared within the sections of code they did have. At minum the greeting, "Hello our friend...Mazu-sama," would be identifiable.

Tio shared what information they had, "MEGAMI's firewalls didn't allow the file to be downloaded, not to mention it was too big for us to handle. I've never seen that much information attempted to be transferred at once, it was massive. Like if the PANT-IES on Yamatai had tried to copy all of its files, compress and send them to us," he explained what little he understood, from the communication, and its report. "I find it odd this, someone or something seems to know we are coming, " he said, "Its original transmission that Gemini picked up was wide-ranged, this one however was direct and meant for us..." he said and looked at the screen puzzled.

Tio responded back, his own mini-chibi popped up in the conversation with his sister, Kazumi, "Alien transmission overwhelmed the communications system, we're working on it. The same source as the one Gemini picked up." He wrote to her, "What are you up to, Imouto?"

Kazumi's attempts to build a model would assist with the heuristics scans as she would of at minimum identified that it was language and not purely babble or chaos that was within the fragments that she was analyzing. Depending of course on if she shared her work with Tio and Tomomi. It was progress but no where near what was needed to understand what the transmissions were trying to send them.

Jotto Heisho Mazu Yamamoto, one of MEGAMI's sprites that had filled the science station in Naoko's absence reported to Yukio, "Mizumitsu-Chusa, I recommend we launch a few of the new probes to get a closer look in the system, our sensors are having a lot of issues with resolution."

Mazu Yamatamoto-Heisho updates Motoyoshi Naoko-Kohosei wirelessly as she works at her bridge station.

Multi-Purpose Launch Bay (Port Side)

Motoyoshi-Asano Namika and her limited team were busy working on cleaning up the Starboard-Side Launch Bay. The broken remains of Mindy Power Armors from the battle to liberate Scrapyard were piled in front of the blue field that separated the bay from space, now that the doors were open and the Mazu was in real space. Four of the new shuttles were lined up on either side in their proper spots waiting for those Kaoru had assigned to get them prepped. They were fresh from manufacturing, modular components were piled outside of the shuttles. It was like a new car, covers on the seats, minor components needed to be assembled and gear needed to be loaded as well as the configuration of each shuttle chosen.

To: Eucante-Shosa From: Motoyoshi-Taisa In addition to my previous order, please provide Mazu-Shosa with a list of equipment that our fabrication facilities can start work on for a small Ranger Team for deployment under your command. I also authorize you to contact medical with requirements for a small three to four person team to be produced in our own facilities. Just in case these shortages from logistics continue. Signed, Motoyoshi Kaoru, Taisa - Commander YSS Mazu.
To: Himawari Kenta, Santo Hei From: Mazu Minato, Shosa Your first task is to perform diagnostics on the Nodal Liquid Conduit System in the Combined Sciences Laboratories. Some of our science personnel have reported that no water from the independant resevoirs is reaching the labatories. It might be clogged hemosynthetic filters. I will check on your progress shortly. Upload - Technicians Guide to Hemosynthetics.
To: Mazu Mazumi From: Motoyoshi-Taisa wait at my quarters, Akamaru-Heisho and I are on our way, just waiting for her to change.

Hiroki's Cabin

She had beat him there. "Move along...you heard the Tasia!" Minato giggled to herself, the avatar had invaded Hiroki's cabin. She was sprawled out on his bed like she owned the cabin. She figured now was the best time as any to give him a hard time about what she had caught him doing earlier. He was in for a surprise when he got to his room to change. She had taken the liberty of unpacking some of his stuff, standard-issue boxer shorts wrapped around the light next to his bed. A nice new bottle of lubricant that she had picked up from the ship's store sat next to the wrapped light, a little help for his next self-initiated adventure. It seemed the life of Motoyoshi-Yoshitsune Hiroki was not about to get any easier.

Multi-Purpose Launch Bay (Port Side)

After giving Hiroki a roll of her eyes after leaving the elevator they resume were walking towards the shuttle bay, it was Miyu that had to scratch behind the ears thinking about the new shuttle that was not really known to her "I am going, to be honest here, I rather have a bomber than some shuttle that can do half if not the one, a third of the capacity that I could potentially do with it" Miyu sighed a bit in both disappointment and disagreement to be limited on tools. But on the flip side of things, she could understand that the war had demanded a lot of resources that needed to redeploy to various locations.

Entering the bay, she came to a halt and looked surprised seeing the bunch of Mindy Armor "Mmm they were not joking when scrapping from the bottom of the barrel" Miyu mutters to herself as her eyes diverted to the new shuttles and narrowed her eyes "Well there you go...the shuttles that were promised. Let's get the shuttle ready for flight check" Looking at Alyx "I presume you need to get your stuff ready, if you need help just give a yell okay?" With that said she walked to the shuttle giving a salute to Namika with a smile towards her as she hits the open button of the shuttle that give a spoof sound while it opens.

SEA? You want me as-... You’re promoting me?!” Datenshi looked shocked as she looked over the pin offered to her, the small box opened up to display the twin chevrons that were colored to match her own hair. She couldn’t help but feel her breath catch in her chest and her heart pick up a bit in panic over the offered position, knowing it meant more power, authority, and more importantly responsibility. That would mean more eyes on her, more people watching her every move, more people judging her, waiting for her to screw up ag- No! She wouldn’t this time, she couldn’t. She was tired of being a fuck up, tired of bouncing around in the ranks, tired of being one of the lower ranks of of her sisters. With a small huff she snatched the pin up and set it in place after removing her old rank pin, replacing it in the box as she snapped it shut. She puffed out her chest for a moment before she spoke up again.

I’ll take the SEA position, on one condition.” Datenshi called up a volumetric window in front of the two to display the technical specs for a power armor. Past the two scrolled the information for the Kirie Thought Armor, which would be an upgrade from the Mindy, at least in her eyes. “The last few missions, I’ve been noticing I’m having issues, problems with my reaction time. I thought I was getting slow, or something was wrong, but I noticed I was going too far, too fast. I’m outrunning the Mindy, and I saw this, Yaichiro made it, and well… I want to request it for my personal armor. I’ve already read up on it during our downtime after…” She let the words hang in the air a little before she gave a small shrug. “And I can take care of the maintenance with little to no issue, but if I’m going to be a SEA, I want that armor soon as we can get it.

Datenshi looked over Kaoru for a few seconds as they stopped outside of the door to her room and against the odds for the moment, a wry grin broke over her face at the mention of the competition and watching her room. She turned to head into her room but stopped just shy of letting the door shut before she tossed over her shoulder, “You know, if I moved in with you, you wouldn’t need to worry about that…” She teased before she let the door shut. It wasn’t but a few moments later before she was back at the door as she stretched out to her toes and offered a quick salute. Her uniform was set up as the SEA style dictated, white paneled which felt...strange to see on her, but regardless there she was dressed like an officer almost as she awaited to be led off. “Ready when you are ma’am.

" Yeah... seems like the PAs really took a beating. But enough dilly dallying, let's get started." said Reiko, thankful she had managed to change into her Type 42 Bodysuit beforehand. Turning towards Miyu, she asked, "Do you want to catalogue the modular parts while I handle the insides?"

Kenta whistled once as the orders came in over the network from the Shosha, and he transmitted back a simple "On it!" to the MEGAMI. His digital brain accepted the download of the Hemosynthetic technical manual being crammed into his active awareness, which was however reviewed in a bit of a hurry on the way over to the Combined Sciences Laboratories from Main Engineering once he had reported to the chief engineer for roll call. Thanks to the Kuvexian War spurring new innovations in nodal technology, there sure was a lot his basic instruction from standardized training needed to be updated with! But by the sounds of it this was a really simple routine job to whet the ol' maintenance appetite on his first on duty day, and his standard issue toolbox was powered up and ready to go.

Combined Sciences Labs

Once the blonde-haired red panel arrived at the forcefield nested doors that protected the sensitive area, he greeted the fellow enlisted and science officers on duty with a salute. "Yo, Himawari-hei, here. Heard your water pipes might need a bit of cleaning, yeah? Mind if I take a look around and do some diagnostics?" Off to the side of Kenta was a quivering volumetric display hovering mid-air, clearly outlining the local maintenance conduit and nodal conduit access points with scarlet lines, as well as highlighting several spots under various lab counters with ready access to hemosynthetic filter, decon, and recycling kits he might be needing.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back