• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Goban Episode 01: Communiqué

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the comment of Luca a broad grin came across Jason's face. "Destroy the hell out of it? Sounds like a good time to me." Knowing his pistol was full still and his clips in his pockets he took several steps towards the commander. "Well what the hell are we waiting for? let's go kill us a few Nekos!"

Kyosuke nodded and looked to the old man. "Alright. What now?"

"Follow." The old man walked back to the door he'd come from, the Custodian waiting for the Star Army soldiers to move. Once they did, they stepped into the corridor of light.

It was very bright, enough that Kyosuke shielded his eyes momentarily. The hall, as near as he could tell, was incredibly long -- at least a kilometer. And it was narrow; maybe a meter wide at best, though it was easily three meters tall. It was not the plastoid off-white the Star Army used occasionally; it was the sterile, hospital white that looked mixed with a deadening grey. Rubbing his head, he started following the old man down the corridor. "Where the hell are we?"

"Maintenance shaft. Come on now, keep up!" The old man was much more limber inside the narrow hall.

Kyosuke mumbled something, then spoke over the earpiece system. "Keep pistols to stun. Fuck only knows what we're going to see."

At the back, Lucas could notice the lights, which seemed to softly beam down from the top of the hall, fade down, down, down until they were dark.

Well...Fuck! Lucas thought as the lights went out all around him. He was steadily regretting not piping up when they started moving out. He should have brought up the fact that they were grossly underprepared for a professional manhunt. He should have stated that they might need additional weaponry or at least a few extra batteries and clips. He should have discussed body armor for whatever this Neko had in store for them...'cause it probably knew they were coming.

He snorted in disgust at the predicament and sighed as they continued to march on. He couldn't really blame the Shoi however. He was an officer, even though it was a sub-lieutenant, but an officer nonetheless. That meant he was better at flying shit and pushing papers. This kind of stuff was for people like himself, Lucas thought. He'd already probably been through more gunfights than his current officer, and he hadn't even left Funky City yet. This was a job for gung-ho enlists-pukes that didn't know any better. They were more prepared to fuck-shit-up groundside, not the white-collars.

Lucas sighed again, knowing that this was an over-thought idea he thought about every officer in the SAoY. Maybe they were incompetent or maybe it was the pent-up anguish of his brother's deaths. Or maybe it was the current circumstances (being in the pitch black with a green crew, an old man, a crazy robot, and a mysterious Shoi) or the lack of sleep that made him agitated at the current moment. Regardless most of his jovial attitude had gone with the lights, and Lucas's face now held a sour frown where the once goofy grin was.

"Shoi. The lights are out." He said coldly into the darkness.

((I did read that correctly...right? The lights went out around us, yeah?))

This can't be good. Luca thought to himself as he saw the point of his laser cut through the darkness, that wasn't enough to see though.

"I think I saw a "Light" function on this pistol beforehand..." He said to himself as he fiddled around with the side of the pistol and found the "Light" function near the "Laser" option. While he was at it, he set to 'Stun' mode, as Kyosuke had instructed. The light did help, but it only illumnated very weakly, vaguely outlining his allies.

"I guess this darkness also overrules my knife." Luca whispered as he sheathed it behind his shirt and drew his 10 MM Pistol, released the safety and checked that it was loaded with Full Metal Jacket bullets, just in case.

((OOC: This song fits the mood of what's going on. ))

Kyosuke looked up. "Well fuck. Thanks for pointing that one out there, Hanley-Hei." He hit the fairly bright light on his SMG, and the others did the same. "And be careful with that MPP, Luca."

"Reminds me of the watches around my old town at night during breeding season for the livestock. 'Cept I could move around a little more." Kyouske kept moving forward though.

"Stop your jawing," the old man said. "We've a ways to go."

"Stubborn old bastard ... " Kyosuke muttered. He talked back toward Lucas.

After about 10 minutes of walking, the pair reached a small door off to the right side of the little corridor. The old man stopped. "We need to collect someone first. He will aid us."

Kyosuke shrugged. "Fine. Though if my men don't shoot something soon, they'll become upset."

The old man snorted and stepped inside the small room, which appeared to be a lab. "Raezel! Where are you?"

A rather average height Nepleslian with goggles fixed on top of his head looked up from his workstation. "Oh, hello sir and..gentlemen?" 01245 stood, walking over and bowing as he put one arm over his midsection, keeping his eyes on the old man. "How may I assist you Sir, perhaps fixing the power?"
The scientist let a brief smirk slip across his face, then return to normal as he stood straight up, his long lab coat brushing against the ground.

"Arrogant git, I haven't time for your bloody sense of humor." The old man wagged a finger at Razeal. "You will go with these Star Army soldiers and go to the lab at the end of the hall. Get them inside and make sure they do not destroy anything as they secure our 'problem.'"

The old man turned to the Star Army personnel and nodded. "Good look, gentlemen." The man seemed intent not to leave.

Kyosuke rubbed his head. "Whatever. Let's go, scientist guy."

Lucas allowed a smirk on his face as the Shoi's light beam hit him. If there was one thing that Lucas did like about the commander, was that he reminded Lucas of himself sometimes. Sarcasm is the best way to take frustrations out on others, and the Shoi did that regularly. Lucas smiled as they continued to the lab, slightly glad that the Kyosuke wasn't entirely incompetent.

Ten minutes of silence followed before the old geezer spoke and ushered them into a lab room. Lucas agreed mentally that he indeed wanted to shoot something to ease his tension. The old man would have been choice, but he just couldn't do that...duty kinda got in the way there. So now instead of an old twit to boss them around, they had a younger, more sharp twit to "show them the way." Fortunately for him, this new cat had a sense of humor, unlike that oldie. Unfortunately, the kid seemed about as combat-ready as a priest at a gunfight. Lucas sighed and merely nodded acknowledgement in the direction of the techie. Looks can be decieving Luke. he thought to himself as he followed suit with the pack as the went down yet another corridor.

"Hey Shoi." Lucas whispered as they got out of earshot of the old fogie, "No disrespect, but may I ask why we're doing this?"

"You're asking the wrong guy," Kyosuke said back, the scientist leading them on. "Shimada-Chusa said we were supposed to deliver a message. We did that. Fuck only knows why we have to do this, but making sure the Custodian does go gunning us down is a pretty fine reason."

Kyosuke poked the scientist. "You got anything to say about this?"

01245 looked down at the finger a bit..unnerved. "I just work here Sir, just a lab tech." He then looked over the group and shook his head. "Am I to lead you gentle men, correct? Alright then..â€

As the scientist led them down, Kyosuke scratched his head. The entire mission had literally wandered off and they were left holding the bag. The prospect of being shot kept him going at the moment ... but this was getting old fast. This shit is for SAINT, not us, he thought sourly.

Finally, they reached the end of the hall, their lights focusing on the very plain white door in front of them. As 01245 approached it, the door opened.

What was inside looked like a bad horror game. Boxes, crates and cargo containers were stacked atop each other in random places, sometimes as high as the ceiling. It was dark, like before, but not completely. There was an otherworldly glow on everything, the kind one gets from leaving a holowindow open on the weather channel with all the lights out. Kyosuke could only see the light, not where it was coming from.

He tipped his weapon at the floor to help conceal their position. "Heicho, take Vanatosk and Pavone right, I'm going up the center with scientist man here and Hanley-Hei. Travkai, up front with me." With that, Kyosuke slowly walked forward, bending a little low to stay behind the scattered crates.

"First in a dark hall, second were in a small ass room with that old man and this scientist now where in a room which most likely will be a battle ground. Damn of all days to go and get assigned to a ship," Jason muttered to himself as they entered the crate room.

Hearing his name and up front in the same sentence made a shiver run down his spine. "Great now I have to be the target for these stupid ass nekos. What's next were gonna have a tea party." he muttered to himself once more. After which he took several steps ahead of the commander, trained his gun forward and slowly moved forward into the center.

"Commander something doesn't feel right about this, maybe I'm just a bit nervous but I think something is watching us," he whispered quietly.

"You know who's watching you right now, Travkai?" he said in a loud whisper. "Me. So focus on that and don't fuck up." Kyosuke stuck his head around a crate, but only saw more cargo.

01245 leaned against one of the stack of crates behind Kyosuke and looked around not particularly worried at all. He then whispered to Kyosuke "So you all are looking for those Nekos eh? Fascinating creatures, and as I understand it, the ones your looking for are quite the rare specimen.â€

Luca was sitting behind a stack of crates next to Galar and Nick. He could only 'see' them by either feeling where they were or hearing them move around. Fortunately, he didn't have to do this because the lamp on his NSP gave a fair view of his comrades but only enough to keep the area a pale shade of green and white.
"Maybe the light on this thing's had it's day..." Luca whispered under his breath as he fiddled around with it even more and turned the light off, "I guess I won't need it."
He nudged Galar and whispered near his ear: "Well... Vanatosk, ready to kick some arse?"

The Geshrin Heicho nodded in response to Kyosuke's order. At least, this time, our enemy is clear, Nick thought as he extended the collapsible stock of the Type 28 SMG he was carrying, the crisp snap of it locking into position filling the recycled atmosphere around their current position. The prospect of engaging a Nekovalkyrja in combat wasn't an idea that he was very fond of, but it was better than facing an unknown enemy like he had back on Bowhordia.

Nick motioned for Galar and Luca to follow as he started off towards the right. He stopped when the makeshift corridor of crates and containers reached an end, only to open up and lead off in another direction. The Heicho turned to face the two santô hei as they arrived at his heels. Despite his lack of military combat experience, he knew that the little he had was likely more than all of the others. While that frightened him, it bolstered his resolve to complete his duty, and make sure that his comrades would do the same.

"All right,â€

Lucas ducked as he moved, gripping his 28 in his hands. His eyes narrowed as he tried to find something, anything, in the dim glow of equipment lights and his own beam pointed at the floor. His heart was pounding as he rounded another corner of crates, but the tension eased when he heard the Shoi's and Travkai-Hei's exchange of words. He even allowed a grim smile on his face as he peeked his head around the same corner that Kyosuke did only seconds before. Lucas thought he saw a swift movement to the right, and froze. He jerked his head to the right, only to discover his own shadow. He shook it off as he swore he was seeing things, and continued to follow the -Hei and the Shoi...hoping they didn't notice.

Galar, grinning at Luca's remark, followed the Heicho's orders to a tee. As the Heicho rounded the side of a container with a logo that he didn't recognize, Galar turned around the other side of the container and froze. He saw movement. Pulling out his type 28 and 10mm and pointing both at the spot where he saw it, he realized that he didn't see anything anymore. It must have been nothing... he thought.

The Heicho's group was the first to make it past the various cargo boxes. The sight that greeted them, however, was just plain off.

From a peek above a crate that was about a meter tall, Nick and his team could see a tube glowing softly. In the tube was something that definitely looked Nekovalkyrja; surrounded by yellow that swirled with faint yellow-green, she floated there, curled into a ball, long yellow hair thickly waving above her. She had no mask on, no clothes, nothing -- she just was just there, in the tube, curled into her own world.

That alone wasn't terribly strange. What was strange, however, was the being in front of the tube, a hand silhouetted against it. It appeared to be wearing a jumpsuit of some sort. Equipment was barely visible behind him; a monitor, control panel and other instruments possibly linked to the tube. The incredibly dim lights didn't penetrate the glow of the tube, so it was hard to tell. Everything else beyond the equipment was black.

Lucas, unfortunately, made the mistake of noticing something and letting it go. The Custodian, which was supposed to be bringing up the rear, instead clinched a hand hard on his right shoulder, and without even hoisting him up first threw the unfortunate Nep over the remaining cargo and down onto the hard deck near the tube.

Kyosuke turned -- and was promptly punted into a tall crate, which gave him a sharp enough rap to the head to send him unconscious.

01245 had vanished. Jason was next in line to get thrashed.

Luca followed Nick through the maze of crates, following his moves toe to toe while keeping an eye on what went on behind them, 'just in case'.

Luca was somewhat unnerved by what he saw when he peeked out front, seeing something being preserved in a tube made him shudder. He wasn't used to seeing strange experiments such as this, his backwater upbringing did contribute to that too.
"Is it... alive?" Luca thought aloud, "That's what we're supposed t--"

All of the sudden, he heard a smash and a scream as something went out of control behind him, he flipped around just in time to see the Custodian flinging Hanley away and his Shoi knocked unconcious. Luca's stomach did a backflip, he wasn't used to this sort of thing, violence and conflict wern't in his dictionaries.
"LUCAS! SHOI-KYOSUKE!!" He called out as he franticly pulled at Nick's shirt to alert him. He saw the Custodian make advances onto Jason.
"JASON! BOGEY ON YOUR SIX!!"

With a gut instict and a flick of his arm, he'd fired his 10MM and Type 28C simultanously at the Custodian. He threw caution away and threw himself into danger as he kept on firing at it, hoping it'd stop moving and that Jason would react too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back