Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: Pisces Episode 01 - 'Under A Blind God'

Taisa Steel shot Taisa Yuka an irritated look. "There's no way it can be legal to shut off communications with Star Army command. I'm going to gather my crew and take one of these trapped starships, I think. You want in?"

Del, looking somewhat indignant, met Tetsuko's rather terrifying gaze, and gave a level response, even and quiet in tone. "...I will maintain doctor-patient confidentiality with you and everyone else who winds up in this medbay, barring a situation balancing lives, ma'am." His expression never changed much from the indignance of the position. "I will not tell anyone about your condition, except in the case of a medical replacement taking my position. I trust this is all in your medical file? Once I've had a look I'll get you what you need."

He ammended the end of his sentence with a final statement. "Also, would you mind releasing me from the wall? It is in no way a comfortable position."

Yaichiro had gone back to the concourse, to inspect a mild HSCS drain he had detected. Fortunately it was a false alarm, caused by overuse...various technicians from his team were installing KAMI sensors in preparation for the computer, and a few were working on a simple program for the KS Card tracking system...of course, they were only working on small parts of the whole. Yaichiro had labeled the project need-to-know for those below his standing...

"Gyah...well, at least we're making progress...I really hope my Daisy arrives soon, though..."

"Oh, yes...sorry." Tetsuko stood back from the doctor and sighed, asking him to make it quick. It would all be in her medical file under the listing "Wartime Injuries" that seemed to be tagged to every officer and soldier in the Star Army, whether or not they've ever seen combat.

"I'll be in my office. Send it up with a custodian." Five kilograms, in doses that would last for two months. That was what she was requesting. So with that command to have a Custodian ferry it up to her office, Tetsuko headed out. Things could get very bad and she needed to be able not only to think but to act.

Yuka's eyes narrowed towards Steel, "I was in before you offered.â€

Taisa Steel's pistol was out in a flash as well. His crew drew weapons behind him, too. Carefully, they began moving towards the docking port. Below them was one of the Fifth Expeditionary's three Ayame cruisers, and they were headed straight for it.

Caine didn't seem too bothered by having all those weapons pointed at him, he'd faced worse in the Battle of Taiie. "Calm down Igarashi-taisa, Steel-Taisa." he said calmly and looked around at everyone else then turned slightly and cast a glance over his shoulder and looked around for a moment. Before turning back to them. "Hey the 5th takes care of its own right?" he smirked at them. "I have orders from Mayumi-Taisho to join the Yugumo so I wanna get off this heap too." he said. ((Or if this might get post-dated, he wants off too))

"I"ll help you guys out." Caine said. "As you may know, the corridors are flooded with both civilian and military engineers so it might be easy for small groups to slip out and to the ships." he said. "And with everyone else distracted by the investigation going on it should be easy to get off once you get to the ships." he said. The look on his face hinted at possible concern for being called insubordinate or deserter. But in his eyes, helping these two off the station would help everyone else out in the long run.

"Sorry for the evesdropping, but, I'm afraid I cannot let you all leave." Came a voice from a comm panel to the side of the air lock. It's outer door shut and electronically locked. A second later, Camellia's face appeared, though it was still visable that she was still in her brig cell. "Taisa, there is a double homicide and possible terrorist investigation going on." She said in a neutral voice. Looking slightly over to Caine, Camellia frowned. "Shoi Inochi, you've deserted your post, I will make a note of that."

Camellia took a deep breath. "One of the murders took place after everyone arrived. So, in the meantime when you all are not discussing active acts of piracy, which is punishable, I would like you to take a head count of your people." She raised a hand, "also, this station is under the direct control of Taisa Marisa Arisa, if you want off, you talk with her."

She placed a hand on her chest, "I am Chui Camellia Sarri, head of station security. Now, everyone calm down and put your guns away."

(I assume they are in the concourse or close to the docking area, and within earshot.)

People may have been distracted, but Yaichiro wasn't too distracted to hear the familiar sound of weapons fire. He swiftly moved to the area he thought the sound had coem from, NSP drawn.

He peeked around the wall, to see the Taisas and Crew of the 5th XF vessels with weapons drawn. He couldn't hear what was being said, but it looked like they'd shot a guard, and were about to do the same to Caine-Shoi...he whispered into his communicator.

"Kage-Juni to Arisa-Taisa and the Chief...we have a situation. Two 5th XF Taisa and their Crew have Caine-Shoi at gunpoint. We also have a guard down, I think with a single shot. Require immediate assistance, be it soldiers or Custodians."

"Shut up," Taisa Steel said to this uppity Sub-Lieutentant, closing the window. He didn't give a shit about some criminal investigation. There were thousands, maybe millions of lives being lost at the moment because of the war--a war he wanted to help with, but was being held back from. But no longer.He opened the door easily and moved through the passage to his waiting Ayame cruiser, and went straight to the bridge where he brought all systems online and prepared the cruiser for launch, as well as sending out orders to the rest of the 5XF soldiers on the station and directions to all 5XF IES computers. Their mission was to rejoin the Fifth Expeditionary as soon as possible. Lastly, Frank sent reports of the situation to 5XF HQ and Star Army Command (who had been about to come investigate the communications loss themselves).

Two dozen Custodians boarded the Ayame and headed straight for the bridge with orders from Tetsuko to detain the crew, with force if necessary. She was up to date on all the rules and quite sure that opening fire on station personnel constituted an act of treason and she fully intended to bring them to trial for it. Their actions could well have endangered the refugees flooding Pisces Station, and Chief had had enough of the foolishness. The Custodians moved with purpose.

Naturally, the Custodians were, on their way, confined to a limited section of corridor by the ship's blast shutter system, where they would begin to give each other confused and frustrated looks.

Finding their way blocked the Custodians opened fire upon the shutters, dead-set on completing their orders as assigned. If nothing else, Chief acted fast when a crisis showed up. Even as the custodians were beginning their work, Tetsuko was scanning the roster of ships docked near the Ayame in question, seeing which of them were armed with the plan of first deputizing their crews temporarily and once that had been done turning their guns on the commandeered ship. If they tried anything she would order it to be blasted out of space. Nothing could be allowed to threaten the station's safety, least of all a rogue Taisa with more balls in his pants than brains in his head.

Yuka and her crewman made it to the bridge of the Ayame moments behind Steel. She shook her head a moment, saying "MEGAMI, this is Taisa Igarashi, Clear all moorings, as of this moment anything attempting to enter your airlocks is to be considered a threat and to be dealt with using non-lethal force.â€

"I'm disappointed in you Cam." Caine said to the com station. "You forgot that the 5th XF looks after its own. And helping these two IS part of my job" he smirked. "And it's in the best interest of the majority as well." Caine said and followed Steel and Igarashi out, moving with purpose himself and keeping an eye on the Taisa's backs as they made their way to the Cruiser. Once on the bridge of the cruiser as well and sighed. "I guess I'm considered a deserter now but I believe that helping you guys serves our mutual purpose better." he said to Yuka.

"I say we should get back away from this station and report to the Taisho about all this." he said to her.

One of the Custodians was fortuitous enough to have brought an array of cutting tools. If all else failed they would begin to work their way to vital systems--while difficult it would not be impossible. The XO's orders were absolute.

Things were turning to a mess quite rapidly and Chief was monitoring communications. It constituted a severe violation of her captain's orders but she opened a line directly to fleet command in an attempt to resolve the situation before somebody committed fratricide.

"I order all communications to be restored immediately," Fleet Admiral Irim growled at Nozomi. "And if anyone so much as breaks a control panel I'll have them and their boss in the next SAINT torture training class, as the subject!"

"Fleet admiral I understand you're upset but we are trying to manage two--now three--situations at once. If that hotheaded captain had been a little more patient we would have been more than happy to let him go back to gallivanting around the universe. I can't speak for the Taisa on this but I swear to you if any ship of the Fifth Fleet so much as raises shields I will have the entire battlegroup brought up on charges of treason. I will restore communications; however you will order the commander in question to stand down and allow himself and his crew to be taken into custody.

"I may not be the station commander but I am willing to resolve this peacefully. We are operating at less than half capacity with thousands of refugees flooding in and some psychopath driving Marina-taisa to fits of madness with body parts and cryptic messages. We have no need of any part of the Fifth Fleet acting unreasonably.

"Will you comply with my request?"

"I don't care what the Fifth Expeditionary fleet is doing. This is MY fleet and you will comply with MY orders, IS THAT CLEAR? Now, get me Marina," Irim said. She wasn't going to take some Chui trying to order her around.

"SIR. Marina-taisa is not available at the moment. Nozomi-taii will have to suffice. And if you want communications back you'll just have to do as I say!" This was getting irritating. She considered ordering the Custodians to shoot Irim on sight if she ever boarded the station, but disregarded that notion in favor of being standoffish. This was not some damn space trawler gallivanting about the front lines getting blown up, it was a rather large and unfinished station with thousands of people on it.

Caught between the proverbial rock and a hard place Chief saw no other alternative than to square off against this mad fool and the one trying to hijack an Ayame--the Custodians on that job reported they had breached two shutters and were working on a third.

This would come to a head very quickly and Tetsuko was damned if she was going to let these spaceheads bully her around. She hadn't survived the Purging of Albini for this bullshit.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back