Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: Pisces Episode 01 - 'Under A Blind God'

Kokoro-Heisho noticed this and frowned...

"It might not be over you know...you weren't well, the doctors say. You may be forgiven you know...but burying your head in that thing won't help...you need to tell us what made you act like you did, ne Chief?"

Meanwhile, Yaichiro responded.

"Marina-Taisa has told me to open communications with you, to inquire to the locations of a Sarri-Chui and a Ionoche-Shoi who have gone missing...I am connecting you to her now, and will stay on the line to assist if needed."

The communications officer on Hotaru mumbled. Wait...you called me, so you could transfer me to talk to someone else. She looked up Caine and Camellia's records in the database and seen the Taisho's note flags and the mention of their emergency deployment to the Yugumo.

Survivors of the YSS Namiko...Holy shit. She wondered what administrative nightmare was going to come out of this call. She checked to see that the Taisho was unavailable and was currently meeting with the twelve, she would see what this Taisa wanted before daring to interrupt.

Catching the jist of the mumbling, Yaichiro replied.

"Our Taisa ordered me to raise you for her at the earliest time possible. I don't know why she didn't connect to you personally, but I just did what she ordered me to do...things are topsy-turvy over here. Those two people make up a full third of our command staff, and our XO is unable to perform her duties. We're effectively running on three officers commanding a whole station at this time. That's why we need to know what happened to those two..."

The neko looked up Pisces information. She thought Wait a moment, you're that far from the lines and you're calling us asking about officers! We are at 15% operational status...Give me a break.

She smiled, "With all do respect, we had two Sakura Gunships leave on patrol this morning with Warrant Officers in their command chairs. The pain you feel is felt everywhere in the empire right now.â€

"...those two officers have deserted their duty. That's a court-martial offense...patch me into the Taisho," Marina said...though she looked quite calm, inside, she was pissed. It didn't matter what the needs of the rest of the army were, officers didn't just walk out of their posts because they didn't like their captain!

"Joto Hei Sasaki and Santo Hei Inou are also unaccounted for. Our entire Security Division is gone, Taisa. All we have left are the Custodians at this time. I plan to assume command of Custodian Forces indefinitely unless you or the Shosa wish to do so."

As he said this, Yaichiro ordered all Custodians to cancel their previous orders. He assigned half to standby security and the other half to an assistance status...as inorganics, the HSCS-2 could not harm them, and they were perfect for any other issues that would arise in that vein.

The communications office put the Taisa on hold, patching herself thru to the conference room where the twelve were meeting. "Excuse the interruption Koyanagi-sama, there is a Taisa on the line for you. She is calling to question your orders reassigning Ionoche-Chui and Sarri-Chui. She mentioned something about court martial or something to that effect; I am sending you my notesâ€

This isn't good...first the Taii commits career suicide, and now it looks like the Taisa may as well...I may find myself as the XO if this keeps up...

Yaichiro continued to listen in on the conversation, the only indicators that he was still there being the connection still being live and the near constant sound of rapid keypresses in the background.

Being the final rung below the senior officers, he had decided to assume a more general administrative role, as the liason between command and...everything else. He was typing commands of great variance, from requests for logs of all communication from since the altercation started, to a general status report of the entire vessel, scans for more "presents", rationing of HSCS-2, and preliminary reassignment or personnel with security experience.

As the Chujo made it known that she'd be en route, Yaichiro entered data for the Chujo's arrival and accomodations, as well as securing a meeting room for her to speak with the refugee representatives. He was working as fast as he could to get the beuraucracy done...the Taisa and Shosa would have enough on their plates at this rate.

"I do not wish to interrupt...but I am wondering if you will be bringing any aides with you. I'm trying to prepare accomodations; as doing so once you arrive may prove difficult, cramped as we are, Kotoku-Chujo-shi..."

Chief was still somewhat in control of her senses. Back in her office (to presumably clean it out) she made sure her guardian was looking elsewhere for the briefest of moments while she did some things with her clipboard.

A carefully edited report was sent, circumventing all security measures and attempted intercepts by Irim and her lapdogs, to the highest echelons of military governance (and this would possibly be the last time she was able to do such a thing for a long time). Outlining the behavior of her officers in the face of an overwhelming crisis, and the Taisho stealing vital station staff out from underneath Marina's nose.

She also went so far as to suggest that the communications blackout was in the best interests of the civilian refugees. Many of them were quite frankly misinformed, and if they were allowed to have unregulated communications they would surely spread rumors to all corners of the empire, further spreading fear and confusion.

So with that note appended to her report, even though she had been placed under arrest and observation, Chief hoped to at least damage Irim and everyone else that had been involved in this debacle--save for the people still working on the station.

Nozomi may not have much of a career left--she didn't care about that. But there was still unfunished business. She would make sure Irim paid for the insult. Somewhere in that report was a minor article that recommended a full investigation of the command structure of the first and fifth fleets.

Both the Taisa and the Shosa got a message from Yaichiro for approval to send out to the Chujo.

( https://stararmy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=57892#57892 )

He continued to send out communications and orders, apparently extremely busy...one of the ones to the Taisa was a request for access to the communications logs since first contact with Kessaku-Taisho.

Kokoro-Heisho continued to watch the Taii, and sighed...

"Chief...maybe you should let them handle this, ne? I mean...you still aren't fully well, and it may seem like you're trying to sabotage them or something..."

"I am still an officer of the empire, Kokoro. I do still have a responsibility to try and apologize for my actions to those with cooler heads than who visited us recently."

Kokoro looked a bit nervous...it was obvious she didn't LIKE saying this, but felt obligated to.

"With all due respect, Chief. It doesn't LOOK like you're apologizing as much as throwing fuel to the fire...asking for a massive investigation hardly qualifies as an apology..."

Off-screen from the discussion between Chujo Kotoku and the Taisa from Pisces another communication had been received from Taisho Yui. Mayumi loosened the Taisho pin from her uniform and with a smile handed it to Katsuko. Everything is set Taisho.

Katsuko picked up the pin and put it on, getting up from her chair she walked up behind Chujo Kotoku and tapped the small control panel next to the Chujo's water glass terminating the communication with Pisces.

~Communication Terminated~

"If that Taisa tries to cause any more problems, please contact personnel and ensure the next command she receives is a garbage hauler. You do not question a Taisho, you do what you're told-this is the military not a public forum. Sui, get your things together, you're going to Pisces dear, file the appropriate motions with Irim. I will ensure there sufficient ships to take on our resources by the time you arrive.â€

"Since I sent this directly to the highest echelons, circumventing proper channels, I can only hope that...that whoever received it listens to my plea and gets that bitch Irim tossed into the brig of her own starship."

"Taii...there is no rank above Taisho in the Star Army. Only Yui-Taisho-Sama and the Imperial family themselves are above Irim Kessaku-sama, and both have close ties to the Kessaku clan. I don't see any investigation happening at all. If anything, you're damning your career, if you haven't already....you're still not thinking clearly. Please come back to the medbay."

The Heisho asks sweetly and kindly, obviously concerned.

"I've spent enough time in the medbay." Chief sighed, powering down her clipboard and handing it over. "Damned nepotism. I just wish things weren't so....complicated."

(I will assume that the log request has been granted, and that Yaichiro is ICly more aware of the happenings and transmissions that led up to the situation.)

Kokoro-Heisho took the datapad and looked it over, before calling Yaichiro on her communicator...it took about three minutes for him to arrive, his own datapad flashing with assorted data....he had become quite busy...when he saw the Chief on her feet, he looked a bit...disappointed.

"I had hoped they would sedate you or keep you in the medbay...then I would have had an excuse to postpone your formal arrest and give the taisa a change to plead with the Taisho to forgive this. I want you to know that I bear you no ill will personally, but have to do as ordered...I will certainly recommend that physical and mental instability, as well as excruciating circumstances played a role...I do not enjoy this in the slightest."

Both he and Kokoro-Heisho looked quite solemn as he brought up a window on his communicator, a list of charges.

"Now I must do one of the less enjoyable tasks necessary for an officer...Nozomi-Taii, by the direct order of Kessaku Irim-Taisho-sama of the First Fleet, I place you under arrest on the charges of ordering the subduement and arrest of a superior officer without immediately stating charge, gross insubordination, and the endangerment of crew and civilians on Pisces Station. I ask you to come peacefully to the brig until contact with the Taisho can be established, and other arrangements made."

Chief tried--and failed--to suppress a derisive laugh. "The Taisho is really intent on having her way, isn't she? Well since the opportunity now presents itself I submit charges of attempted starship theft, abrogation of formal chains of command, attacking a station administrator and staff, and," though she knew this last one wouldn't carry any weight whatsoever, "being a complete and irredeemable idiot."

Yaichiro's eyes widened...

"Please don't do this, Chief...you're already in FAR over your head.

As the Taisho of the 1st SF, Pisces and her crew were always hers to command as she wished, eliminating those first two charges right off the bat. Attacking a system administrator and staff...that I can guarantee won't hold up, as she can discipline her subordinates as she sees fit. The last one will only serve to add slander to your already considerable list of charges.

Fortunately I am willing to omit those comments from my report...you must remember that in a military arrest...you have no rights, so don't volunteer anything, or it will be used against you. Now...are you CERTAIN you want to level those charges? They won't hurt the Taisho, and will only hurt you."

Yaichiro said this as Kokoro-Heisho gently started guiding the Taii out of the room, toward the Brig.

Meanwhile...

The Fifth Expeditionary Fleet dispatches the Fujin Carrier Group to Pisces.

YSS Fujin-Thread

(Note: The Fujin group is just delivering Chujo Kotoku Sui to hopefully assist with the humanitarian issues to do with the Taiie refugees. Note the group is not here yet, but is getting ready to leave the Staging Area.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back