• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Goban Episode 03: The Reflex

"...Y-You're going too?" Luca said to Ma'at, visibly shaken by her action, "Well... damn... because..."

"I'm not..." Luca sat down, his tone became sombre, "I never wanted to be in this Army in the first place. I was rigged by my employer, who had ties with the Army, my employer threw me into something I wasn't ready for," Then he looked up at the officer and stood up, "Before I go, I have a question,"

"There wouldn't happen to be a 'shin by the name of Sakamoto in the retired or discharged records, would there? He boasted about how he killed 20 Mishhu with a single shotgun at Taiie No Iori or something like that."

That man is going to get an earbashing and be hung upside down and used as a punching bag once I'm through with him!!

Roken was silent for a moment after what he heard from Luca, he looked around at the others and the neko officer. "I'm going to stay too, I have nowhere else to go,â€

"Well guys..." Luca said to his friends as he put his hand on Roken's shoulder, "I hope I run into you again, whether I need to deliver something to your ship, defend it or, god forbid - salvage it. I'll call every now and again, so keep your communicators turned on." Luca smiled as he got this off his chest, he felt a bit shameful to leave the Army and his friends, but he knew that they'd always be there for him, whether he's in the Army or not.

"If anyone wants to come with me..." Luca offered, "That'd be appreciated. It'll be lonely up there by myself."

Galar was again shocked at not only Luca's decision, but the fact that Shimada Chusa had purposefully put them into these situations. He was also shocked that their Shoi was not going to be their commander anymore. With all of the things that had happened and with all of the new revalations that had come to light, Galar had no choice but to sit down and ponder his options.

When he finally figured out what he was going to do, Galar was at last sure of his decision. "I have fought alongside this crew for a long time and shared many memories that I will never forget, and I will be very disapointed that you will be leaving our ranks, Luca, you certainly made things fun. I will stay with these guys whatever their decision may be. I, for one, hope that we all stay with the Goban." Galar then stood up and saluted to the 1st SF officer, then smiled at Luca, "You call if you ever need something, we are still friends you know."

Galar paused, then added, "Oh, and if you ever hear any information about my family or who I really am, let me know."

"The Goban," the officer intruded, "will not be available for you to stay with. You can transfer within the Army, even within the 3rd XF, if you so wish -- but the Goban is to be removed from service, at least for the time being. Its CIES unit must be scoured for information first."

Lucas had been quiet since the beginning of this ordeal, which was an oddity. He was usually one of those people, brimming with ideas and motivation, who piped in every few seconds. Now he had a blank stare and was busy trying to comprehend the situation. With a large sigh, he pushed it off into the back of his mind as being part of the Mishu experimentation, and tried to concentrate on the rest of the "debriefing". He knew that when they were examined back in the med bay, that Yami' magic would clear him up. Then something grabbed at his attention.

He blinked a few times and shook his head, clearing it momentarily as the proposition of joining a new ship came into the mix. "Taii-Sama." Lucas said with a bow, following Nick's lead, "Did you say reassignment?" Lucas said with a grin. Every situation had gone from bad to worse since the maiden voyage of the Goban, and he would be the first to bid that curse of a ship adieu. "I will be honored to fight in the front lines." he bowed slightly again as he turned to Luca and his plan for going solo.

Lucas knew it was dangerous work being a freetrader, but he knew Luca was fit for the job.
"You know, the Army's fleet just won't be the same without you." Lucas grinned for the first time in days as a moment of clarity awoke him from his stupor. "I mean, if you leave, who will make me look good? However, if that's how it's got to be man..." Lucas sighed as he extended his hand for a farewell shake. "You still owe me a few drinks."

"Oh... about that," Luca told Lucas as he gave a firm handshake, "If you have time after this, we can nip down to the bar and I'll buy you a few. In fact..." Luca said as he began to go up into a grin, "Drinks for everyone before next assignment!"

"Time's no issue, Mr. Vanatosk!" Luca told his companions, "It just depends if we're allowed to do so. If so, good times will be had by all," He then looked at the officer with a broad smile, "You're invited too if you have a spare moment, Taii-sama."

The Taii looked at the young Hei for a moment, then nodded. "Yes. Transfer. New assignment. You understand that, don't you?"

The officer looked at the motley crew that had gathered in her situation room. Her lip curled; this was not a place for them.

"Your orders will be filed as soon as you request them. For now, I have matters to attend to. Do not worry about the information inside of your heads; PANTHEON will see to it while you sleep. Good day to you, Goban cr -- ah?" She smiled a litte. "Not necessary. Thank you, however. Good day."

Two Nekovalkyrja officers helped gather and gently push everyone outside. The door shut behind them, and the PANTHEON unit drew up virtual arrows to several key destinations inside Kyoto Base.

From there, it was up to them on where they wanted to go.

<center>* * *</center>
Kyosuke woke up in a medical center. And he didn't remember much beyond being captured. For now, though, that was enough. As his eyes glossed over the stark white room, he rubbed his arm a little and felt his face -- no problems.

I hope I get to go back to a desk now, he thought sourly. With that, he ordered the PANTHEON to produce an image panel and put on some Nepleslian programming. He was bored.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back