• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Goban Episode 03: The Reflex

Seeing and hearing Luca's determination to fight off the tenticles and then seeing Galar also stand up and fight back, Ma'at was sure that nothing could happen to any of them if they all felt like that too.

For a few moments Ma'at argued with herself on whether she should stand up to and fight and possibly get in the way or to just let them fight and get out of their way. It wasn't that she couldn't fight. She had been one of the best fighters in her training unit. It was just that no matter how good she got, she wasn't that sure about her abilities.

But when she saw Galar try to rip one of the tenticles apart, Ma'at stood up, kicking hard at a nearby tenticle that tried to grab her, effectively slamming it against the nearest wall.

Kyosuke stood in the middle of the room, still on his ass. His crew had reached their breaking point. They were going to fight and die, and it seemed to suit them quite well. It was something a crew of Star Army soldiers should do. Battle to the death, serve the Empire with pride and dignity, all of that.

It made him realize exactly how much of a soldier he was not. And how he was not interested in dying with the rest of them.

And so, as they slapped and punched slimy tentacles around, Kyosuke had his own plan. Hopefully they would follow. Maybe they wouldn't. But this was it. He wasn't going to die. He had his family to consider, his sisters, his dad. They needed money, they needed to survive, they needed him.

His eyes scoured the scene for a moment as he picked himself off the ground. And his eyes fell on Lucas, who seemed ready to join Luca in some capacity. For whatever good it would do.

Capacity.

The rubbing alcohol.

Alcohol.

Kyosuke's eyes returned to the light above them. A fat roll going through the floor nearly knocked him off his feet, but he was airborne before then. Staying in the center, he took out his flask; a couple swigs was all there was, but it was 50 proof, so it would do the job. He unscrewed the top and winced as a tentacle came at him from the grating.

It went for his face as he stretched a hand out to grasp the grate. Its razor teeth had to settle for his collar bone, which it frustratingly stopped on. Kyosuke's scream made him forget his plan for a second or two, but he made up for it, slashing the open flask across the grate.

The tentacle fled from the bloody gnaw marks it had made on Kyosuke. The grate did the same, disappearing from in front of the light. Kyosuke grabbed his injured chest and floated onto the hallway.

Fight-or-flight had kicked into his computerized brain; he was glad PNUgen had thought it fitting to leave that heuristic inside his brain. He peeled left and didn't look back, dashing down a hall as mental klaxons buzzed in everyone's brains.

The crew was on their own.

Luca saw his commander run for it as he was tearing through another tentacle. He had taken a few minor injures, but nothing crippling.

"Right guys, let's move it! Everybody out! I never said we were going to die here!"
Luca grabbed Galar and Nick by the hands, "You first, you can't float," and leapt up and out of the cell with a bound aided by Luca's Anti-Gravity power. He just managed to see Kyosuke disappear past a corner.
He left the two on the outside of the cell, "Help the others, I'll go after Ozaki," hoping that everyone else could get out as he began to run out after Kyosuke. What was left of Luca's chest panel and shirt disintegrated as he sprinted through the putrid hallways.

Oh well, at least I don't need to worry about a laundry bill Luca thought to himself as he saw the tatters of his uniform congregate on the floor behind, with his rank pin falling down too. He caught his rank pin as it was falling and pocketed it.

"HOLD IT! SHOI!!" Luca called out as he sprinted towards the running captain.

Galar smiled, they had a chance! He sprinted after Luca and Kyosuke, who were already racing ahead of him. Galar did not check to see if anyone followed him, for now time was of the essence, but then a thought hit him. They needed weapons, fists were certainly not going to do anything against the mishhu. They needed to find the armory or at least where their previous weapons were stored. Galar thought to himself, I need someone who can communicate telepathically. The first person who came to his mind on this point was Ma'at. He skidded to a stop and shouted to his rear, "Ma'at quickly, to me!"

Roken managed to free himself and step on a few tentacles that were still trying to grab him "damn it wish I had something better than my hands,â€

With all the movement and action in the room, it was no surprise that after a while Ma'at was just fighting, not thinking about anything and not knowing what was happening with the rest of the crew. At the moment all that she was thinking about was not getting killed here. She still have to find her brother and bring him back home. She just couldn't die yet. With that thought still in her head, she fought harder.

What snapped her out of her fighting trance was hearing the sudden ruched footsteps running out of the room. Turning around, Ma'at was confused about what was happening. She blinked a moment before her mind clicked everything into place. They were all running. Without another thought, Ma'at started to run after them, trying to push herself to go faster since she was at the very back.

Ma'at was surprised when Galar suddenly stopped and called out to her. Stopping for a moment, she blinked slowly before nodding and running over to him.

Lucas caught Kyosuke's glance as he started his jailbreak and grinned. He knew the Shoi wasn't as dumb as he might have previously thought. Lucas looked back and kicked another tentacle away. He worked his way over to the hole and grabbed Roken by the collar.
"Up and out kid." he called as he floated himself and Roken out of the cell.

Plopping Roken down just outside of the lip, he gave the -Hei a quick glance. "Run...NOW!" Lucas said he as jumped back down into the pit for Jason and Nick.

Jason had been battered too much by that time, as the tentacles were getting less and less "feely" and more violent. Lucas dropped down with a sick plop, and scooped the soldier up. He shot an "it's time to go" glance at Nick who was still beating off the tentacles and the two of them and passenger floated out of the room, leaving slimy tentacles behind to grope at nothing.

As Ma'at ran up to him, Galar quickly told her that they really needed weapons. He also conveyed to her that she should tell Luca, Kyosuke, and whoever else she felt like telling about what they were doing periodically through telepathy. After telling her this, without waiting for an answer, Galar ran off in the direction Luca and Kyosuke had taken and hoped Ma'at would follow.

"Galar!" Luca said as he looked over his shoulder and saw his companion not far behind, "Is everybody safe?"

Galar thought to himself I must be a lot faster than Luca; I caught up with him really fast! He shouted back, "As far as I know they all are, but I didn't see everyone get out."

"Great job," Luca replied as he began to pick up the pace, "Tell everyone to follow the leader, and be quick! We'll be up to our ears in Mishhu if we don't hurry!"

(EDIT: Board Rank Up!)

"All right!" Galar shouted, then he looked back at Ma'at and yelled, "Let's just follow them and hope they know where they're going!"

Kyosuke didn't hear anything from anyone. All that was going through his head was escape. He hung a hard left away from the corridor he'd started in, trying to shield his brain from all the mental waaar waaar waaar waaar going on.

He was sure he'd never run so fast in his life. There were no tentacles to get in his way immediately, but at the end of the short corridor he could see a Mishhu floating down. It turned to see him and narrowed its eyes; it floated forward toward him, tentacles whipping about.

Kyosuke didn't think. He brought the flask in front of him as he left the ground and he did the same slash move as he had before just as he was about to be slapped aside by a tentacle.

The alcohol got in just the right place. The Mishhu let out a mental shriek as its four beady little eyes were on fire. The tentacle did find its mark, sending the Shoi right into the wall. The air exited his lungs through the injury on his collarbone, he was sure, but what the hell could be done? Not a fucking thing.

While the Mishhu thrashed about, Kyosuke tried to suck some oxygen back into his body so he could keep running. He hadn't been given any of that paralyzing venom -- yet -- so running was still an option. He managed to slip by and went right, seeing the corridor was long and empty. On he went, calls from his crew going unanswered.

From behind Lucas and Roken, a pair of Mishhu floated along. They were headed for them at a fair clip.

Luca saw the mishhu ahead of him, and the captain attempt to take it on with some luck.
As he ran closer and closer to the Mishhu and his captain, Luca was trying to think of a strategy to get around, or over it.

Luca smiled as he leapt into the air, landed a boot firmly in the Mishhu's head and eyes, then using it's head as a springboard, vaulted himself forward in breakneck speed and fluid succession. This would be if he wasn't hit by a flailing tentacle on the way out.

One managed to hit him on the right shoulder, it hurt a bit and he didn't feel nauseous, so he just kept on running, hoping there'd be something or a weapon of some sort.

After being lifted by Luca through the small space Kyosuke had opened, Nick waited in the corridor above the cell for a few moments. He waited to make sure that all of the others followed, and were able to; with their commander so quickly leaving them, the Heicho felt it his duty to do the little he could to act like the second-in-command. As the last of the crew made their way up to the opening to the corridor, Nick took off in the direction that Galar and Luca had. He could only assume that was the way Kyosuke had gone, and while bounding off through a Mishhuvurthyar destroyer didn't seem like the very best idea to him, the idea of sitting around in that same destroyer seemed like even less a great idea.

Since he had become coherent, the events that had taken place all seemed like a flash to the Geshrin. From the Mishhu that came into their "cellâ€

The two Mishhu behind Nick and Lucas had stopped for a moment -- they seemed to be watching.

The Mishhu in front had stopped thrashing momentarily ... but it instead pounded its armored head into the wall, sinking into it some as it mentally cried out. If there was ever a chance to get away, that was it.

Kyosuke, on the other hand, was just running. And not stopping. He could see something toward the end, though he didn't know what it was. His feet were carrying him, and that's all that mattered for the moment.

Luca just kept on running, he felt as though he was running from death.

I wonder if Ma'at and Jason are okay? I haven't heard anything from them... He was beginning to consider the others now that everyone was escaping, or at least trying to escape, I just hope everyone comes out alive...

He twisted and meandered through the corridors, clutching his injured shoulder.

"Shoi, do you have ANY clue as to where we're dashing?" He yelled to the captain as he kept on going.

In all the fighting and evading that Ma'at did to stay away from the Mishhu, somehow Ma'at had gotten seperated from the others. But she knew that she couldn't be that far away because she could still hear someone of them. But that didn't help ease her fears. Ma'at was already starting to panic at the fact that she was all alone at the moment.

Not knowing what else to do, she reached out with her telepathy and it was just in time to hear Luca's thought. Sighing in relief that he wasn't that far away from what she could tell. Slowing, as to not startle him, Ma'at spoke to him. Luca, I'm okay. I just....don't know where I am. But I'm nearby, that's all I can tell. Walking down the corridor, keeping an eye out for anything that would want to kill her, she just let the pull of Luca's brain on her telepathy guide her back to the rest.

"Very good to see you're okay, Ma'at," Luca replied as he kept on following the leader, literally, "It's good to see that I have a magnetic personality! Just follow the sound footsteps and squealing mishhu. I'm not sure what Kyosuke's been doing, but it seems to be working!"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back