• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Cirrus Station [Episode 7] It's All Fun and Trains

Stovaa grunted and leant against a column. He drew his knife and started cleaning his fingernails absent-mindedly.

After a couple of hours, the tram station was back bustling with activity. Cirrus-appointed engineers and laborers were working hard to clear the tracks of debris and checking the systems for malfunctions. The end result of the entire incident was, remarkably, not as bad as the damages would have implied. None of the passengers of the tram were severely injured. There were several minor injuries, mainly to the brave Cirrus Station Security members who went up to the task of stopping the runaway trams. Squad 35 in particular got particular praise for their actions, especially from the passengers of the tram they had led to safety.

Apparently, the Cirrus administrators also took note of Squad 35's actions, as the entire squad received the next three days off (the recovering squad members given a little more time for recuperation, of course). Circuitbreaker Peke Twenty-Two in particular made sure to give them her heartfelt thanks.

---

Later on that evening...

Sitting at her personal work desk, Cassefin Montreal leaned back into her seat and rubbed her eyes, having just finished up the reformatting of Station Attendant Kess' savtech unit. It had taken much longer than she had anticipated. The virus she was infected with was very hardy, and halfway through the procedure Cassefin decided that it was no random occurrence; it seemed to be a directed attack with a specific purpose. One that, had things not happened the way they did, would have been much more serious.

The small brick-like object, hooked up to a multitude of wires in the center of the table, began to blink as it surged back to life. Before long, the volumetric projector brought Kess back into view. Her image was much more clear, save for a distinct lack of color. As Kess came into view, her small-scale body turned to face the Administrator, crossing her arms in front of her humbly. Cassefin, likewise, crossed her arms across her chest as she leaned back into her chair, giving the Savtech a hard stare through narrowed eyes.

"So," Cassefin spoke up. "Are you going to tell me why you disregarded roughly 10 of the Cirrus Savtech regulations?" Kess detected the Head Administrator's attitude quite clearly, returning Cassefin's stare with her own stolid gaze. "It depends on how much of my explanation you're willing to believe."

"Well, you're a savtech that has been corrupted by a very sophisticated virus," Cassefin attempted to explain her view on the situation. "Which, in order to avoid further spreading of the virus, contained the program within your unit and utilized an illegal connection to Administrator Peke's automata to coax the machine to hold you for an indefinite amount of time aboard my trams. Which are not directly connected to the station, but run on a separate service."

Kess showed a slight bit of surprise; the Administrator sounded as though she had it all figured out. Cassefin leaned forward after a short moment of silence, crossing her fingers and resting her mouth against her knuckles. "What I would like to know is how you contracted this virus. There is no way it could have originated from the Cirrus; my computer monitoring systems would have detected if something this malicious was being developed."

The Savtech, spurred on by Cassefin's question, narrowed her eyes and took a stoic stance as she hovered in front of the red-haired administrator. "Do you recall the pirate attack a few weeks ago, when Vinross Yu-Cranker was here for your meeting?" Kess answered. Cassefin said nothing and took no action, choosing to simply continue to stare as she waited for the savtech to finish.

"Your official report on the incident was a little off."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back