Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Sure, that would work.

Alright, the team should be reunited soon.

I'll have them settle down, eat&sleep posts then time skip after that?
Alright, let's do that. It'll allow the ship's PCs to be able to post about getting up and having breakfast, and allow us to get out of the night and into the next phase of the mission.

Before we proceed, Wes. Maybe I should talk to you about my post. I didn't think quantum transmissions could be observed that easily, especially without being destroyed, so I didn't expect interception to be OOCly possible (Radio would be entirely a different matter). IC knowledge-wise, that would not have been remotely in character for Yaichiro to do, if my assumption was incorrect.

Since it means potential PC death, screwing up the plot thuroughly, and missing the thanksgiving deadline, as well as a major shift in my character's path if this follows through, I'd like to ask for a really rare retcon before proceeding, or at least some leeway regarding this.

As for the actual transmissions made, even Hanako has made some herself regarding purchasing Telepathy Scanner Components and Mishhu Toxins, so it's not something which can't be worked out or lacks precident in this specific plot. Also, the transmissions were being made a while ago--and if I didn't ICly mention their replies in Yai's thoughts, I'm quite confident it would never have been an issue or even addressed.

Maybe we should just say those low priority transmissions are automatically delayed by MEGAMI until the mission concludes by default, or that such quantum transmissions are not interceptible. Or we could just as easily drop the whole attack and ignore it as we always have.

I deleted my post. Please edit the communications out of yours. Remember, we are around 140 LY from Yamatai.

Leave of Absence

Hello, I will be out of town for a few days for a trip to visit my family for Thanksgiving. I’m leaving tomorrow morning and returning Saturday evening. Unfortunately, there is no internet at the home I’ll be at. During this time, Lilly will be acting GM of the Eucharis plot. Additionally, because of my absence and because of the holiday, all normal posting frequency requirements are waived until Monday, December 1. I will also be sending out a Eucharis player survey today, in anticipation of the Plot Audit due by December 7.

Back

Hello, I have returned from a most enjoyable vacation...with a puppy. O,o

You're probably thinking of the puppy's mother.

Please do not post OOC in the IC Threads.

Okay, I just put it there because the OOC was more post specific. Moving here.

(OOC: Yaichiro, when referring to three dimensional areas of coverage based on spheres or cones, typically uses a pair of two dimensional values multiplied together to denote the three dimensional value.

360 by 200 degrees means that it has full view in a circle along the pod's sides and top; but a blind spot on the bottom which is a 160 degree diameter cone, or 80 degrees radial, measured from its vertical axis. The other sensors and cameras cover for this. When he says 360^2, that denotes a full sphere of coverage.

Just remember that the panoramic camera can't see under the pod very well, and normal cameras make up for it.)

Are the Alpha Team members using their optic camouflage now?

PLAYERS: Please answer my above post ASAP. I really need it for my next post and have been waiting on you. If I do not receive an answer to my question I will assume the answer is "no."

Also,
realizing he hadn't showered in three days
Eww.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back