• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Eucharis Discussion

I don't think I've ever seen a medium that didn't allow for you hearing at least one character's thoughts. Live action shows use it the least, because it's much easier to guess what a real live person is thinking. Even comics use thought bubbles all the time. Text all by itself makes this much harder. It would be very, very difficult to convey anything beyond the most obvious if none of the characters here could ever reveal what they're thinking or how they feel without it being a monologue or visible emotion.

Wes said:
I'm having trouble figuring out what you're trying to communicate. Could you be more clear, Brian? Is there something I forgot to include in my post?

I was rebutting your comment....
Also, I noticed Sune didn't administer any painkillers. Ouch!

I already noted that that statement was a mistake on this page.

It would be very, very difficult to convey anything beyond the most obvious if none of the characters here could ever reveal what they're thinking or how they feel without it being a monologue or visible emotion.
I disagree. Instead of saying your character is angry, show me by having them scream at mine, etc. Let me figure out your character is angry instead of just being a passive reader.

But, what if they're not really angry, they're making a scene to buy time or act as a distraction? What if they're angry about something else and taking it out on their current target? If this was actually being performed in real time by human actors, it would likely be easy to figure out people's motivations for their actions and how information we received earlier led to the current outburst. Not only do we have zero real visual input on how people are emoting, but posts can be made or read hours or days apart.

It might be an interesting experiment to attempt this, and I'd be up for giving it a try. I wouldn't want to change our current setting and characters over to it wholesale, though.

Gotta be frank with all of you...I did not expect the filth potpourri thread to go like this. Unfortunately, It's going at such an odd pace that it's increasingly hard for me to post anything.

Im not saying this should change, but all my char can do is acknowledge things that happen. Or repeat how he wants to get off the planet but that already got old.

Oh well. Apologies for breaking the minimum posting time everyone. I suppose Conrad's a bit too fresh to be thrown into this yet

I'm sorry to bore you, Emblem. I'll throw in some more action.

I knew you would like me singling out

Question though, even though I managed without it. I could still send text messages and everything while being chocked right?

You could, yes.

Oh oh moment coming. Bloody soldier, Sienna standing with a knife, and Gravedigger faster than the six million dollar man.

Well it could have been worse...

With regards to the "thought bubble" discussion, I guess the general opinion is that they're a good thing and should remain, then? If that's the case, may I simply propose that players use the same discretion for other characters' thoughts as they do with events occuring somewhere their own characters wouldn't have knowledge of them? That is, let players write about their character's thoughts, as long as they show external signs of them (if applicable) and as long as other players use sound judgment in what they'd notice or not?

Sune! I'm not on the operating table, Egil is! Conrad (Hightower) got him inside!

And here I was my last name was a nice pun to both Police Academy and my giant-sized soldier!

Just gonna repost. I know. I hate it as well. But the message didn't get through.

Sune/Nashoba! Gravedigger did not attack me! Mashiro last name, first name Egil was hit, not Hightower last name, Conrad first name! Please tell me you can separate the two and change your post, pretty please? ...With cake and sugar and stuff?

Gunsight, part of your last post appears to have been cut off in mid-sentence.

Waiting on you guys leaving the building.

....post sniped by Wes. was just about to move out of the building to, now this flying nonsense lol.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…