Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

I see no reason to apologize. I'm more accustomed to novella-length writing myself. My personal rule of thumb here is when I come to a point in writing which would require another character not under my control to act in order to advance, I stop. That way nobody feels cheated out of a chance to develop their character, or at least play them on their own. It also helps promote at least some sense of credible continuity in a world where the law "time flows at the speed of plot" couldn't be more appropriate. =)

Floodwaters said:
Oh, and Wes, I presume that we'll be staying here long enough to sober up and then have a chance to buy some new gear?
Yeah.

Note that one of the medical lab containment cells has a Nightmare-type Mishhuvurthyar in stasis already in it.

Wes said:
Note that one of the medical lab containment cells has a Nightmare-type Mishhuvurthyar in stasis already in it.

Oh dear. Even though Sienna has never seen a Nightmare type, I would imagine it wouldn't be difficult to tell what it is, would it?

They're practically unknown to most of the SARPiverse.

Here's what she looks like:
fetch.php

I read about them on the wiki, and they sound scary. I got the impression they'd look similar enough to a Mishhuvurthyar to know they're at least genetic cousins to someone at least somewhat familiar with the "base" species. That's what I was wanting to clarify from Sienna's perspective specifically - am I correct in having her make the connection, or would they just be scary to look at without knowing what they are? I can work with either.

I think someone that knew Mishhuvurthyar and knew Nekovalkyrja would probably think they were some sort of hybrid, which is mostly correct.

Oh huh. So There's only 1 containment cell?

That's wonderful! *snicker*

Edit: I'm going to take liberty and and assume there is some form of antigravity stretcher on board. x_x If this is a no go, I apologise in advance.

Wes, might I suggest that next time we have multiple parties going to different places, you create separate threads please. I think that is what is causing me problems on posting, there is so much stuff going on inbetween what is happening in the Infirmary that I am getting quite confused at it all.

Creating separate threads, like you used to do, would make things a whole lot easier (just need to monitor the other threads, or perhaps have Nash help ya out there :) )

Sorry, I didn't expect to have players back on the ship when we started.

@MagicMage Yeah, there are grav-gurneys onboard.

I hope that I havn't gone too far with my post... If i have please do tell me, i can ether edit, or fix it in my next post

Yosmet's player texted me and said he might not be able to post for a couple days so don't wait on him to post.

Apparently I didn't read Zain's post close enough, so I changed the location on Sienna's most recent post where she fell asleep in the chair to show that she's actually outside the medbay rather than in the cargo bay. I'll try to pay better attention next time. =)

Hmm looks like I need to start thinking about some sufficient mental trauma for Kale to go through if Chieko dies. And possibly some depression.

*cackles insanely*

How bad can I make it without breaking him I wonder. (I dont usually write much stuff like this but still... no half measures.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back