Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Zain Snowpaw said:
Hmm looks like I need to start thinking about some sufficient mental trauma for Kale to go through if Chieko dies. And possibly some depression.

*cackles insanely*

How bad can I make it without breaking him I wonder. (I dont usually write much stuff like this but still... no half measures.)

Oh, come on, now. You can't go sending him into a gloomy mood so soon after introducing him. ;)

MagicMage said:
Well if she dies, which Ayumi strongly denies will happen, she did a mental backup literally the day before they arrived to this planet.

Yup, interesing twists one way or another.

Hey Wes, Nashoba, it occurred to me that the Minkan body ought to triage injuries within. With the dwindling oxygen supply, would it still be reasonable that the brain to diaphragm connection could still be repaired on its own first, and how long would be reasonable for it to take?

I think you might be abel to recover that way, and recovery would probably take less than a few hours. To speed it up to minutes, inject Neko replacement blood (there's some in the med lab and in most medical kits).

I suppose. The wiki article say this:
The Minkan can recover from severe physical trauma thanks to a host of nanomachines whom saturate their bloodstream. This allows them to regenerate wounds, restore organs and even regrow limbs, the process taking as long as 72 hours to restore a crippled NH-31.

Floodwaters said:
Oh, come on, now. You can't go sending him into a gloomy mood so soon after introducing him. ;)

Flood to put in into a little perspective Chieko was pretty much the first one to greet Kale when he got here. He sees her as his first friend here and though there was a recent mental backup that time is not saved. He believes that he failed her in the first place. Seeing her up and about but having forgotten him? Well that just compounds the issue.

Im not a fan of making my own character suffer but then again how the heck do you respond to a situation like this. Not with sunshine and rainbows methinks.

Zain Snowpaw said:
Im not a fan of making my own character suffer but then again how the heck do you respond to a situation like this. Not with sunshine and rainbows methinks.

I understand, and I didn't mean to sound like I was being bossy. :lol: I get where Kale is coming from, and why such a thing would be troubling to him.

I only meant it my view it hadn't been long enough to form a lasting bond, but then, I believe I'm thinking like Sienna, who doesn't make fast friends with anyone. It's your character, however; do with him as you please. =)

In a way I'm happy with the sentiment; after each of my last two posts I've been feeling rather dizzy and puky from trying to portray this correctly - as much as I'm sure I'm missing something.

Heh Kale while not an intensely friendly person has at least base aquaintancy with those who joined us in the lounge that evening. That coupled with both paranoia from the drugs and guilt can and will shape him somewhat. He IS a loyal person so he feels like he betrayed that.

(You could argue that it isn't his fault but he would strongly disagree with you.)

You realise I took nothing you said as overly critical or bossy right? In most cases your absolutely right. But hell this ain't most cases. (Though I probably fall into the catagory of "most writers")

Besides in past posts you've suggested things I haven't even thought about don't worry about me taking things the wrong way. I mean I originally started RPing to improve my writing skills. As I see it you're helping me improve. (I have a very warped view of the world somtimes so some things that are obvious for others dont occur to me). :twisted:

"Your not gonna make an easy cred off me." He grumbled aiming his NSP at the cloaked figure as she started to run off and fired several shots at the fleeing figure.
Hey Riko, who is this post referring to? I don't know any cloaked female figures present in the scene. The only cloaked figure in the alley is the short-circuited robot attacker, who isn't moving anymore.

It seems that many of the crew have gone wonky from something in the air on the planet. I advise going back and reading it to catch up, it's worth it. Some of it is odd, some of it tense, and some of it rather funny. =)

Wes said:
"Your not gonna make an easy cred off me." He grumbled aiming his NSP at the cloaked figure as she started to run off and fired several shots at the fleeing figure.
Hey Riko, who is this post referring to? I don't know any cloaked female figures present in the scene. The only cloaked figure in the alley is the short-circuited robot attacker, who isn't moving anymore.

Misato grabbed the cloak off of the downed alleyway robot, after she dropped Bors off with Mitsuko she tried to run off again

RPG-D RPGfix
Back