Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Probably. Knowing how fast they reproduce and their inherently aggressive behavior in addition to the mental conditioning he received in SAINT training, the mindset of neutralizing threats before they can become a problem, he is convinced that they are a potential danger to Yamatai. On an emotional level all he sees is a species that is incapable of deeper emotions, love and all that. He genuinely wouldn't care unless someone else did.

Honestly I just figured someone would tell him 'no'.

@Samanthia : You may want to change "YSA" to "SAoY" in your post. YSA is the Yamatai Security Agency, which is like the YSE's version of homeland security.

The following characters have been dropped from the plot (mostly due to inactivity).
  1. Samael Darkfire, Infantry - Samael
  2. Sigurd Bjarnison, Scientist - Rattenkind
  3. Doctor Thaddeus Hemlock, Scientist - Thaddeus
  4. Nicholas Saiga, First Officer - Raz
  5. Taharial Chasan, Medic - Bloodyscarlet
Most of these people haven't posted in months. If your name is on here and you want to stay, talk to me ASAP.

This means the Eucharis currently has no scientists or medics, and no XO.

Also, for those of you who stuck around and are posting, I'm hoping to issue promotions soon.

Current player count: 8

Note: Zack is supposed to join us soon as a replacement science guy with his super-old character Wazu.

Hi, Wes, Seeing as the Eucharis is now XO less, starship operations officer Yamashiro Natsumi would like to apply for the assignment.

Well, I would bring up that I was originally tapped to be future XO at first joining the plot, but when raz popped up I suggested him with Umeshu as understudy. Now that the plan didn't work and we've evolved a bit since then, is that desire still there for me to do that job @Wes? Honestly, Gunny's character has been with the Eucharis a long time and would seem like a good choose ICly, even if she is still Kohosei... And I wouldn't be upset because I'm already XO of Heartbreaker. :)

That's super considerate of you @paladinrpg. I was kind of thinking along similar lines. Since you've already got an XO character and Gunsight's been waiting on this for literally years, I think we should let him get the XO spot on the Eucharis, if that's OK with everyone. Some promotions are coming soon (since we finished a long mission) that will bump both your characters up. I was thinking they'd have the same rank but one with the XO occupational specialty. Also this means Umeshu gets to actually run the bridge as opposed to wondering who is doing what.

I'm happy with whomever you choose Wes. I'm here to support the plot of Eucharis and get in some creative writings that'll bring the Eucharis crew enjoyment. I may not be the brightest bulb of the lot, but I'm here.

Er, I am planning to do another short timeskip of a few days, which leaves room for side-JPs and other stuff while Hanako does her thing. Then we're going to take off in the fixed Eucharis and head out to bother Rixx colonists. To put a firm(ish)date on this, it'll as soon I can post after I get back from Anime Weekend Atlanta this weekend.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back