Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Many thanks to Blizzard for putting up with my highly interruptible family life! He's a trooper alright. :D

@Samanthia Is the stilleto / kogai you gave Jax to present to Umeshu special in any way? Or can I take some liberties to describe it?

Man. I was really hoping for more tension, where Cherry talks to Umeshu and tells her she's barking up the wrong tree because Jax said he's gay, and they both try to match him with a boyfriend.

You don't normally have to contact a faction's FM to create a character for the faction. The Character Creation Guide should contain all the info the FM has to offer. Is this for the Eucharis?

Nope. For The Wayward. I've already spoken to them to see if they have any open spots. The species guide told me to contact Aendri if I wanted to create one.

@paladinrpg

stiletto and scabbard ... scabbard is all black with inlaid mother of pearl (white) orchid. Handle of the stiletto is of some rare cured hide with thin traces of silver filigree embroidery of tiny orchids. Blade has been professionally blackened and razor sharp with a thin blood runnel. Well taken care of.

@Wes Hmm that would be fun, but I didn't know that we have permission to involve Cherry? However, I think there is still a potential -- have Cherry try to suggest matches that with assumption he is gay, maybe Jax plays along for a bit, then he gets outed as really being in love with Umeshu and that's how the whole ship finds out about their secret (besides Akiko). Then maybe his boss starts trying to steal him away (after all, a taken man is much more attractive) and we get tension like that between the two women with opposite polarity approaches to romance (and possibly minor catfighting/sabotage actions that could affect a mission outcome). Hilarity ensues for the poor technician, who feels like he's back in high school . Better? :)

@Samanthia Ah, I see. Very detailed, thank you muchly. I wonder if my character will ever discover it is Akiko's?

Last edited:
Thank you for the likes. I would note the when writing for Umeshu I think along the lines of a respectful samurai meets schoolgirl wanting to be noticed. Very stereotypical anime. :-)

Hey guys, you all deserve an explanation for my odd activity lately. I'm moving out of my parents house and just started working a new job. I'm really busy lately.

Dang, our JP was running so smoothly!

Welcome to being an adult! Have fun! Everything costs money now!

If you want to take a break from things we can always pick up again when you have free time.

So while we're looking for those ships you may want to...

View attachment 3686

The subspace sensors on the Eucharis are FTL sensors, so they will see ships across the system in real time. You can get a good idea of the size of the other ship and where they are right now.

View attachment 3687

Since the Eucharis is a few light-hours outside of the system, we can turn on the regular cameras and get a clear picture of the ships as they were a few hours ago. You can get a lot of information from these sensors but all sensors that don't use FTL trickery are going to suffer from light speed lag.

View attachment 3688

Together you know where ships are now, and you know what ships were in the system a few hours ago. However you may not necessarily be able to put two and two together. If these ships all have similar looks and weight it may not be clear which of the ships you are seeing in real-time match up to the ships you are seeing from a few hours ago.

View attachment 3689

RPG-D RPGfix
Back