Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Missing my point man. I'm not condescending and I'm not saying every detail needs to be perfect.

And I'm not snarking or mocking any one.

All I am saying is that we can say one thing but if he portrayal is off it's going to be off no matter how many times we say it isn't. And if that's okay that's okay.

But when writers even recreational ones like us were they tend to interview people and ask question: I'm saying I'm I can give tips and answer questions and what ever else but if not that's cool too.

I'd like to apologize.

It seems like certain ones here would like to make off handed remarks about Candon opening the f***ing door to the point of being obnoxious so let me explain, I was simply trying to advance the story.
@Gunsight1 made a post portraying Candon as just throwing the door open in the span of a second. That could not be farther from the truth, his actions would have probably spanned the course of 15 seconds as two other characters took position to cover the door in this period of time where he walked under the hatch, set up the shield, and then carefully opened the hatch.
So "wait-"BOOM is not how it would have happened. It would have been an afterthought, not an order.

Bottom line, somebody had to open the damned door. I figured I'd do it since my characters armor could put a shield over the door.

The entire attitude around this, mostly one person's, is really getting to me. Can we drop it and deal with the consequences from Wes? I'm in this for fun and I don't really like RPing my characters getting slaps on the wrists or scoldings ICly and OOCly and am, personally, now not looking forward to what's to come. Point is, this isn't fun and I'd appreciate if we could sweep it under the rug until a GM post deals with it. I understand Rizzo just posted about his own character's actions and I'd like to ask if we can keep our heads when replying to him and myself and offer support rather than discouragement?

• Mad_Stylus: Yeah, the pressure thing would probly not be fun, even in MindysA moment ago
  • Wes: Oh, you can find a panel for it. It's an airlock so there's two doors. I don't suggest opening them at the same time.1 minute ago

• Mad_Stylus: Masumi was trying to find a console or a power conduit to mess with IIRC2 minutes ago
  • Mad_Stylus: The one separating the armor team. The dock door which sealed up.2 minutes ago
  • Wes: Which door are we talking about here?3 minutes ago

• Mad_Stylus: I'm assuming all attempts at futzing the door aren't going to get far?

The above post is in reverse order.

@Ira Are you talking about Victory in your post? "The medical bot was notifying Bronzi and Wazu of the injuries she sustained and was asking for confirmation to go aid her."

@Ira Are you talking about Victory in your post? "The medical bot was notifying Bronzi and Wazu of the injuries she sustained and was asking for confirmation to go aid her."
Yes that's correct. It's a little medi bot, Gart boys and girls(robots) have ai in them and react to things they see independently. So the bot is quite upset

Which I think you can get reprimanded for leaving fallen neko bodies behind. Star army really doesn't want other nations dissecting neko corpses.

The garts wrestled with this but opted to respect the Yamataian request, so during the nmx war captured Yamataian equipment including neko were turned over to the star army

If you can get her in the ship's medical lab's hemosynth tank in the next 5 minutes, I'm pretty sure she could be salvaged.

I'm pretty sure the door closing was just because of the shuttle getting torn off. Its an airlock. Automatic systems would probly kick in to prevent atmosphere leaking out - Triggered by detecting oddities in pressure or, more relevantly, the docked craft suddenly not being docked.

Good news is, from that console, Masumi should be able to tell the system what to do regardless.

Yeah I hope I did what one would expect when reading a character opening an airlock for their buds without getting spaced.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back