Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

The one over the waist your looking at is part of the flexible bodysuit, I think. The main armored components of the Mindy 4 would be the chest/ribcage, shoulders, forearms, thighs, calves and legs.

The new Hinomaru and the battle damage picture are good examples of how a wearer still has a good range of maneuverability through their armored torso, and both prove that the plates likely aren't welded together at their seams thus leaving the suit with some flex. In the former, the wearer has her torso/crotch angled forward, while Masumi's battle damage in the latter depicts her back arched and her belly out.

Moreover, the article itself says that the M2-4 has "more parts than previous Mindy armors." Just because there aren't little lines detailing all of those parts does not mean they're not there.

That is true. The apparently flexible suit probably has bands of armor all over the place, allowing it to move freely and protect at the same time.

Well, the Hinomaru image is abstract, but the image of Masumi looks somewhat neutral and not necessarily flexing or bending at the waist. I'd expect it to be since she's drifting after getting shot, and it looks more like her legs are bent at the hip. Though, I think Mad's idea is best. It makes a lot more sense to have several small, articulated waist hoops, in this case, behind the yarvex bodysuit. If @Wes likes the idea, I can definitely update the article to include that.

Nope. For some reason I just hear J-Pop with the way the Eucharis song is written, and I couldn't quite wrap my head around Tugboat singing that.

So, ripping off oldie-worldy sailor themes it is!

I'm reminded of someone fresh out of college that goes into a work place and starts questioning why the employees don't know about the theories created by their professor.

Erm, yeah... Tsuguka didn't mention Freyja's actions?...

I mean, I'm hamming it up here for the sake of entertainment rather than logic, but I don't really know how to take all that. Effectively all I've been having her suggest is "keep your head down and take a sidearm". >_>

Oh, I'm not meaning to say she did, or trying to be critical. Junko focuses on specifics, rather than big picture like Tsuguka is trying to do. It sticks in her mind as a thing that'd be seen a problem in concrete terms.

I'll edit it out for ease of everyone involved. Tsuguka is doing a Good Job, just a difference of perspective.

EDIT: Unfairly critical, anyways. Words.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back