Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Fair enough.

And naw, @ArsenicJohn , Tugboat was just suggesting peeps should take some hand grenades along in this post. As for the title 'Grenadier', well... 'armored infantry' isn't specific enough, and 'rifleman' doesn't begin to describe catwo-men who may or may not actually have rifles...

But y'all do run ahead and blow up stuff by hand.

Basically what's happening with the "grenadier" thing is that the characters are getting simplified roles so they can focus on getting the job done right in a real, non-training situation rather than on their designated SOFT specialty. Generally, though, you guys still have the loadouts you want unless Tsuguka says you don't.

Lol
I only ask because we have infantry in the armor bay and officers in the wardroom right now. I'm just not too sure where to put Candon.

That was my impression. Get our toys in order, the briefing gets called on the intercom, we hustle over and then we get told what to do.

Also oh boy these posts didn't pop up in my alert feed. Joyous.

On a quick side note, don't let our Aether-Wristblade chasing discourage you Wes; the volumetric system is better OOC since we can actually have lightsaber fights now. :3

I thought the photonic system created projections similar to solid items, disease photonic weaponshave properties similar to plasma/laser? It said we could make tools with it so I assumed the photons we're not harmful without applied force explaining why a photonic screwdriver wouldn't melt the screw

They're not harmful, unless you want them to be. My own faction uses a similar system, and I'm certain you can either form solid objects for toolwork, or have it become a monomolecular-vibroblade on demand. This system has far more utility in the field, but trades off the extra firepower that Aether blades have.

Currently this is how I've been utilizing the photonic array. Kind of want to know thoughts?
She moved her foot off of the L'Kor's head and turned on her photonic array to create a blade that sprung from the top of her wrist and, as it formed, she plunged it into the part of the helmet she had been shooting into.

She herself flung through the air at the power armor that was down, then stomped into their helmet before bouncing upwards, then slammed down, pinning them in a crushing thigh headlock. She turned on her photonic array to create brass-knuckles on her fists. She began pounding at their helmet with the now-spiked knuckles of her suit.
I just use them as a supplemental weapon to target the regions of the enemy armor that have already been targeted.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back