Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Yeah, I've been a slow poster too, don't worry.

Right now I'm super busy at work so I can't get on SARP there, and then when I get home I've got schoolwork since I started college again. I've also been totally addicted to Star Trek Online lately so I've got a lot of timesinks right now. But also I think I'm feeling some GM burnout. Sorry for being so behind on SARP stuff.

Perhaps instead of waiting, we could actually do the R&R thing we originally had planned.

Maybe say another ship is taking care of the mission? Or maybe nashoba, since he's attached to this mission, takes some of the Eucharis' sister ships and a few people and goes out himself to GM it?

As for the fire suppression system, I sent a PM with a concept to you a while back Wes -- I figure it'd need your input and support before going to the NTSE since it's meant for SA ships.

Toshiro,
While that would in theory be doable,

a) Wes has not outlined the next mission in the Eucharis Plot Planning so I am unsure of what he has planned for the 7th Squadron. I could wing it but I would prefer some more input from Wes as to his expectations.

b) I am not sure that everyone has accomplished what they wanted on the R&R thread so we would have let folks continue here as well.

The R&R thread was rushed/cancelled. I feel it'd have been out of character for many characters to decline the "voluntary" mission, so a lot of players were forced to go along with it in spite of whatever plans we had in place. That's why I suggested going back to the original plan somehow, since the situation seems to favor it now anyway.

There were things that could be done, some requiring GM help, but some not.

Yep, which is why Sune just suggested some Trance music to improve the moods, and then if people want to do other things on the Ikoi, around it or with each other they will be free to do so.

Well, as it is, we're still more or less stuck hovering around and waiting for the mission instead of actually doing things. The party is all that's really happening, and everything else would have to be very minor.

Not necessarily, the Eucharis is not due to be finished until the following day, to that gives people hours of IC time to have fun, use the facilities of the station, go outside and do personal salvage.

Gee, Yachiro must think Sune's a light-weight. He's had not even a full glass of wine. ;)

I'm dying for some action here. I started Mission 10.

In fact, with some luck we can hopefully avoid serious damage to ship during this mission entirely."
We wouldn't want to bore the technicians, would we? :P

Have you not seen the track record of the ship. Probably less than 10% of the Eucharis is original parts :lol:

I guess the good side to that is that the Eucharis can always try out new stuff whenever it returns from a mission with serious battle damage :p

Less a matter of choice, more a matter of, "If we don't update you to the newest systems, odds are good you won't survive the next time."

Hope I didn't just GM in my latest post; still adapting to what I can say/do as a tech, vs what only a gm can do to a tech :(

I never could remember if the SA ships still have old style vernier thrusters across the frame or not, but none are listed on the wiki or shown on the Eucharis' frame. Thus, my post.

Some of the older designs mentioned them, and I know on many of my designs I've made sure to mention them.

Getting the Aether turbo drives online was the best thing, because the Eucharis needs to maneuver, not just attitude control. :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back