• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Eucharis Discussion

For the recordin, I find it hard to believe, that the fabrication area on the Eucharis could make the quantum mirrors, in the short time it will take for the Eucharis to get there, when the KFY facilities on the Chiharu couldn't do it in more than twenty four hours. Just my two cents worth.

Also something worth nothing: the wiki makes it sound like, aside from a few in the sensor pod, the quantum mirrors set relatively numerously around both the ventral and dorsal hull surfaces. So this means a fairly extensive EVA is in order?

Only the dorsal Quantum Mirrors need replaced, not all of them, and not the ones in spacial locations. And it said that it was more along the lines of "set as trim around the dorsal and ventral edges". This is vague, but figured that they are accessible from inside like most other systems.

Also, the actual size and material of the mirrors involved indicates they'd be pretty easy to construct, and were only omitted from the overhaul on the Chiharu because they are not standard SAoY equipment found on a normal Plumeria...the fortress lacks paint and custom parts.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=quantum_mirror

If they were that easy to construct then I maintain that the Chiharu would have fabricated them for the Eucharis while it was in dock. KFY has always been able to repair all the Eucharis systems no matter what facility the ship was at, and in record time.

They weren't replaced because they are custom mods. Hanako got the previous Quantum Mirrors on the salvage market.

Gah, it took me forever to get that post out. I wasn't entirely sure where we would go first and what ships would be used. Also, I had finals on Thursday and Friday evening. Anyway, I'm back in action now and I plan to pick up the pace again. Again, sorry for the slowness over the last 4 days or so.

What are quantum mirrors anyways? The wiki article says how they're done, but there's little that indicates - at least to me - what they're actually used for.

They're "catch-all" sensors. They seem able to detect whatever you want to RP them seeing. They just change quantum states in ways depending on what they're seeing and the computer handles the rest.

Quantum detectors perform the same duties as a dozen of the most complex sensors available, with a fraction of the power required by even one of them.

Not very well written...they don't even have a detection range.

I'd like to note that while I still plan to post in the required timeframes and keep up, I've gotten a cold and find myself alternating between "distract myself with SARP" and "fall asleep/not do much". Just a heads up.

Fiver, what is Micheal saying? Please translate it for those of us who DON'T understand that language.

Aendri said:
I'd like to note the horrible grammar in some places there.

Yeah, I kinda used Babelfish to translate into Italian.

... This was probably a ballsy, if absolutely horrible idea. It was fun playing Michael, atleast.

Hey, someone had to tell Hanako the quality of her idea. I wish you'd done it in a way that she'd listen to, though.

Oh yeah, got to transfer to a slower plot lol. I can't keep up with you guys since the military wants to suck my free time out of me before I am out in six months.

Well, assuming that the Eucharis doesn't get boarded or Hanako shows pity on Michael and needs him to break some skills, I'm going to go off and assume that I won't be needing to post for the rest of the mission.

I doubt that Michael will be kept in confinement during an engagement, or if there is an Away Team.

So, uh, does this Away team involve Michael?

Edit: Also, maybe Wes you should PM Doc and ask him what the Lorath Plot is doing?

I do agree with Five here Wes, Doc's current Lorath Plot and the current Eucharis plot are going to be in conflict here since both take plaec in roughly the same exact area.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…