Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Here's a diagram.

Attachments

• Space Station.webp
    Space Station.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 46
Wes, on behalf of team two, I'm going to say; Give us a little bit of a break, please, sir.

Give us some time to react to them bolting, so we can have a nice mad-dash kill them all before they hit the alarm moment. Not to mention, Helen did give the order to kill them the moment they started sniffing, give them a chance to follow orders.

Please don't make us look bad for not autoing our attack run. :( I wanted to give the team more of a chance to get a kill as opposed to Helen just dashing through the room murdering everyone.

Alternatively; are there any markings on the walls or whatnot which would say; "vehicle loading" or some such, so the team could have an idea of their options?

If you want to kill the nekos before they escape, I'll allow it, but with combat already taking place and the Dark One sensing your minds passing by him, I think the alarm was inevitable away so let's roll with it, okay? Bust out the hacking skills and/or blowtorches to open doors in the way.

There's passageways to the ship ahead. You can get through the doors if you go fast, or prop them open with something.

I'm still new here, so I am honestly just asking this so I know what is standard around here.

Is something going to randomly go hilariously wrong every time a plan is made? Sometimes involving questionable choices of physics or mundane things PCs should know without us having to post it?

I mean, I've played Paranoia and Hackmaster, so I can get into the groove of the universe being against you, so just laugh it off. I just wasn't expecting it here.

Things often go less than smoothly in our adventures. It's always a temptation for me to blow holes in the plans to keep people on their toes. Getting in fights was part of the plot plan. :)

DocTomoe said:
Wes said:
Dark One sensing your minds passing by him.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=st ... controller

That is all.

Edit: Also, GG to the new guy, totally epic research. Major props to you, you're a player after my own heart.

Thanks. My first instinct in a campaign like this would be to rules-lawyer right back. Usually the facts work for one side as well as the other.

This seems like it's a one-way street, though.

First, the PSC is a defensive device, not a stealth one...and the Dark Ones are basically "boss monsters" with special powers.

Reynolds said:
Thanks. My first instinct in a campaign like this would be to rules-lawyer right back. Usually the facts work for one side as well as the other.

This seems like it's a one-way street, though.
I'm not a perfect GM even through I know the setting pretty well. If I make a mistake, you're welcome to point it out in the OOC thread and if feasible we'll go back and fix it. Consistency is important and helping me maintain it is something I appreciate.

Gabriel said:
All I want is a simple mission that goes exactly as planned, nothing more.
As who planned? The GM, the players, or the characters? I don't know if I can guarantee any of those because it's a group story, but I will try them in some future missions. After all, we are a pretty elite group of characters.

Those satchel charges are some sort of plastic explosive, right? I'm not sure they explode when on fire. Maybe they're a different type, though. And if that is still working according to plan, I guess it wouldn't matter.

Reynolds said:
Those satchel charges are some sort of plastic explosive, right? I'm not sure they explode when on fire. Maybe they're a different type, though. And if that is still working according to plan, I guess it wouldn't matter.

If they are plastic explosives then they will not explode when on fire, let alone any other time unless triggered by a detonator.

I edited the post since regular fire did not meet the requirements to set off the explosive based on the wiki article for the Type 31 Plastic Explosives.

Waiting to post until there is a reply from POW-Mishhu, and also, I was wanting to know what model of Ripper came into the room, if it is able to be determined by Helen or her AIES.

The rippers are:

1x 1B version
4x 1C version

Gunsight1, your character's chibi art is in progress (should come in soon, sketch is done already and in the chibi thread).

Reynolds, I'm working on the next order for chibi portraits and Mitsuko is on it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back