Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Faroresama's Commissions thread

Hey all, I was recently commissioned by Wes to do 4 full body portraits so I thought it would be a good idea to get a forum account so I can post the sketches here for approval and get feedback and whatnot. ^^

So I've read as much as I can about the characters I'll be drawing, but if I make a mistake about something don't hesitate to correct me!

I'll post the commissions I've been assigned and any questions/thoughts I have about them that anyone can answer.

Right now my commissions are:
Aripael Goriass--Should I draw in him in Senator clothing or the uniform for the Navy? Or does it matter?
Matthew Lionheart--I just can NOT find an illustration of a flash patch that goes on his uniform hat! Please help ;_;
Elysian Patrician for CCG--Based on a suggestion Wes showed me from another user, I'll probably do a female Paragon. Thoughts?
Elysian Plebian for CCG--Based on the same suggestion, this will probably be a male Plebian Navy soldier. Any extra info on their uniforms would be very helpful.

The first sketch I'll probably do is the Patrician since it's a little more experimental than the others, so I won't have to worry about messing up as much from the get-go ^^;

Hollow bones, of course.

I'm about halfway done with the coloring on her; I couldn't work on it yesterday because I was stuck in bed all day sick. :(

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v611_faroresama_paragonscreen.webp

Here is the coloring of the Paragon, finished except for a few touch-ups that I will do if all the main stuff looks OK first. This is a screenshot and is not 100% magnification.

I'm thoroughly impressed, it looks great, even when it's not in the right resolution.

EDIT: I just realized, with that magnification, it looks like a painting.

After seeing this, I imagine Elysian ships must look like beautiful churches inside, with paintings and statues and columns and stained glass. ^_^

Wes said:
After seeing this, I imagine Elysian ships must look like beautiful churches inside, with paintings and statues and columns and stained glass. ^_^

That might be a bit too much on a warship.

"Sir! Incoming!"
*shatter*
"Ugh. That's the third time this week!"

So here she is, finished! I changed her left hand and a few other things that didn't look right.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v611_faroresama_commission_stararmy1.webp

This is the smaller .jpg version. I recall reading somewhere that you want me to send you, Wes, the high-quality .png (i didn't use photoshop so i don't have a .psd) but I can't find that statement anymore so please tell me where to send it @_@

Thanks! Let em know when you want payment.

EDIT: for the next one, lol

RPG-D RPGfix
Back