• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Fifth Fleet: The Unluckies

You have my FM approval for submission of an HE variant.

Looking at what we have on the table, I'd actually recommend either combining the Concussion and Fragmentation rounds together, or updating the Fragmentation into High Explosive Fragmentation, aka, HE-FG. The concussion grenades are best when you're trying to specifically not cause too much damage and/or are trying not to hurt yourself. I don't think that's too much of a concern here though. @Warriorx1; right now, the best rounds for just plain damaging armor is incendiary, just like you were guessing. Their drawbacks are that the rounds do their damage over time, and don't have as much of that classy high explosive 'punch' that the other rounds have.

For high explosive rounds, the very best would either be shaped charge (like HEAT ammo) or plasma. Antimatter if you want to play it risky of course. For this weapon though, we don't have any of these - my impression was that the launcher was intended to fight against buck-bare Mishhuvyrthyar and their cannon fodder Neko/Human clones.

Hmmm I would think that with the other man-portable anti-armor weapons and missiles available that something like a High Explosive round wouldn't have been on the top of the list. Although I can see an HE or HE-FG having some serious use, it would have been especially helpful vs. the Render in our last fight. I'm not sure how submitting new stuff works, but I wouldn't mind trying my hand at it. I think it would make a great addition to the weapon system and make it truly more versatile

@Gwathdraug and @Kyoshiro9, don't forget to post in Chapter five. If you guys haven't posted by tomorrow, I'll relegate your characters to the background somehow until you can post regularly again. The rest of you, don't forget that it's an active round, and most of you haven't responded to my last post, so please do so soon. I will post on Tuesday night if I can help it, so I expect to see a little movement before then. Let's get this thing going, guys!

I will be out of town from 4/10 (Today) until 4/14 for a steampunk convention. I will post when I get back.

someone called my name? also programming assignment is keeping me busy I will post either today or friday. Sorry for the delay

Yep, sorry about disappearing off the face of the Earth. A combination of revision and getting home late kind of killed my ability to post for a while...

Sorry guys. I've had two weeks of insanity at work...and plus I got logged out of this site, which means I've missed a bunch of posts. Sorry about that; my schedule should be more normal now.

It's alright - things have been busy for everyone all around I believe.

Going off of our last conversation, things are slowly winding down on Kai's end to some degree. With luck, he'll be back soon. I really don't have a clue how soon though. In the meantime, are you guys able to post? Can I get a sound off of who's here?

I'm definitely here!

My only issue is that my PC's infected with a virus that's being a bit of a pain in the neck.

Sorry totally missed what was going on here. Forgot to set this thread on watch.

Edit: Looks like both this thread and the RP are already on watch, I just missed the alert, sorry about that. Shouldn't miss them again though.

Last edited:
Okay, Folks! I've got some Ideas. First off; I must apologize for being gone so long, IRL hasn't been especially kind to me lately, at least in terms of free time, anyway.

Anyway, I'd like to call for several JP's to occur, each one revolving around a pair of the PC's, as you've all more or less paired up, anyway. This series of JP's, will also be the culminating event in the Lkihujngfv arc, closing this story arc and allowing us to bring our timeline back up to speed and in synch with the rest of the setting. You'll all be getting more individualized attention, as well as being given a chance to show myself and cadette your guys' abilities, which can ICly relate to rewards for your characters (if you're successful, anyway).

So, I would like everyone to post in here whether or not they'd be up for it, and what your general availabilities for possible JP times are, so that we can begin to schedule these JP's and knock them out of the way soon, as I'd like to see the plot brought up to date, as well as have some advancement among the PC's!

Reactions: Wes
I'd be up for doing JPs. I recently got over my worries about doing them. I personally have a lot of free time throughout the week but I don't know how it matches up with others. But if it was on an Etherpad or googledocs or anything like that I'd be confident I could get in a lot of activity over a week.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…