Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Fifth Fleet: The Unluckies

Well, I got Aya's armour added to the Squad XIII page (after getting it approved, of course).

I am sure nothing bad can come of letting Aya get access to shoulder mounted missile launchers. :p

General equipment question: If I picked the General Equipment pack, how do I figure out how many ASGR mags could I put it in? Likewise, how do I figure out how many grenade launcher drums I can fit?

Ok, since I now have some free time again (not for too long, third final is Friday) I will post with Sif and conclude whatever happens behind closed doors if there's not one up by tomorrow. :P

Sorry about the hangup guys, I had intended to get a post out this weekend, but I had forgotten that I had volunteered to help work at a Dickens festival (a Victorian/steampunk festival) and have been very busy all weekend, and am currently worn out. I will try to get us into chapter 5 on Wednesday, so until then I would like you guys to keep posting if you can; and remember, those of you (actually it's just Zain at this point) who haven't completed a loadout, You need to do so before the new chapter starts or you will be going to the next battle in standard kit.

Sorry for the horridly long delay guys.

We'll be starting up the next combat chapter soon, but leave this one open for a while longer so everyone can keep messing around as they'd like. Also, I'm sorry we haven't addressed your character Zain - mine is currently with Kyoshiro's, though I'm seeing if I can rouse Kai. If nobody replies soon enough though, feel free to play him as you'd like and enjoy yourself. This portion is 'open' after all.

EDIT:

Last post from me was way too hurried in hindsight, so I removed it for the time being. Hurry up and start the drinking contest!

Last edited:
Ah. yeah. you're right. I had the right character in my head but mixed up the names. It's fixed now.

Just so everyone's aware, the reason I haven't posted yet is because my computer's been hit by a virus and it's made getting online a bit of a hassle (I still haven't managed to get rid of it, only alleviate its effects). I'll try to post tomorrow or Sunday.

Looking to wrangle Kai in IRC sometime before I post since I'm kinda the odd ball in the group. With luck you guys will see me running around like all silly-like by tomorrow at the latest.

Question on grenades, I probably should have asked this when I was doing my setup. Anyway, I notice that the AGL only has three types, concussion, fragmentation and incendiary. I'm guessing that the Star Army doesn't have a drum for High Explosive or use them as they aren't listed under the Star Army grenades. So my question is, in the realm of anti-vehicle needs, which would be more effective? I'm guessing the incendiary grenades because of thermal damage and the ability to melt through armor. Or do High Explosive drums exist and they just aren't listed?

to be completely honest- I have no idea. I was never involved in the develpoment of either version of the AGL or RGL, and couldn't tell you whether HE exists, or if one of the others would work for anti-vehicle. sorry I can't be of much help, but I'll try to figure out something before too long.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back