• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Fifth Fleet: The Unluckies

No problem. And I gotta ask guys - are any of you a little confused about what's going on? I wanna make sure everyone's along for the ride.

(keep hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times)

Sorry for the delay, I intend to post tomorrow or Saturday at the absolute latest.

And I gotta ask guys - are any of you a little confused about what's going on? I wanna make sure everyone's along for the ride.

(keep hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times)

Admittedly I think I am getting a little confused, but it's nothing that a quick OOC recap/summation couldn't fix (though I'll look a bit of a fool if it turns out I'm more confused than I thought!).

I think it started to get hazy about the time we started the questioning (i.e. current) section of our little quest; I'll poke my head into the thread now, though, to see if there's anything I can add to proceedings.

@Brett M

Well, in brief, when the squad arrived at the logging town, they noticed a few things that were a little out of place. The biggest one being, that the new guards that were coming in to relieve the night shift looked like they were completely hung over and exhausted. When they finally proceeded to check in, the guards themselves acted like they were expecting to 'get a treat' from the women present. Meanwhile, it was also clear Sif was trying her hardest to keep a straight face and not fall over laughing. Putting the pieces together, it started to make sense.

They were expecting the Neko to all put out because Kuroneko was here.

Then the elation and joy, the lament, and the unbleachable imagery in our characters' heads. After a bit more questioning and finding that Kuroneko had gone into the woods with several horses bought with her earnings, our characters decided to investigate ground-zero for more information.

Thanks very much!

Sorry for not posting in the interim, I've just been pretty busy. I'll aim to post Thursday at the absolute latest.

@Brett M @Syaoran @cyborgakadjmoose @Eistheid @quantumditto @FrostJaeger

Post is up guys - remember everyone! Work the angles and dig deeper. Look for every single edge you can get over what's to come! Remember there's still that dark forest ahead, and you all know nothing about it.

EDIT:

To be fair, I do find it exceedingly amusing that you're all sitting on top of something really important, yet haven't bothered to look for it proper.

Remember, your objectives are as follows:
  1. Rescue Kuroneko
  2. Learn Magic/The Secrets of this World (For Yamatai!)

Last edited:
Well, I feel a bit foolish (then again, it's kind of a "What did you think was going to happen?" moment)!

I'll mull over my response; I apologise for not really doing much investigating in my posts, I've been kind of struggling to figure out a good course of action and so I've tended to err on the side of doing too little or the obvious.* Hopefully, a bolt of inspiration will strike! And if not, well... Aya was never the brainy one of the group.

*This is through no fault of your own, Cadet, I can just sometimes be stunningly bad at picking up obvious clues/hints, figuring things out, and suchlike. I was that one kid in school who did awfully at puzzles.

EDIT:

Just as a FYI I intend to post tomorrow (Saturday); just had a lot on my hands.

Last edited:
That last post was great - all I can think is that this confirms my suspicions that Kuroneko's like "Standards? What standards?".

EDIT:

I'll try to post Thursday!

I'll likely post today, but just to clarify, the Kobolds themselves were uncertain if Kuroneko intended to do things to them too and simply ran out of time, or if she was as uninterested in them as they were with humans in general.

*Sits down and refuses to do anything.*

"You'll never take me alive thinking, coppers!"

Or, alternatively, "I'll show you making me have to use my brain!"

Jokes aside, I have to admit I'm kind of stumped. I'm sure, as you said, the solution is right under our noses (and I'll probably kick myself so hard I enter the stratosphere when we figure it out), but my brain's steadfastly refusing to supply a potential solution or line of questioning.

If you can't figure it out, try asking someone else. Call Hanako and she'll ask everyone at the festival for ideas and suggestions. Maybe even rephrasing the problem to talk to her (or whoever you call) will help reframe it in a way that provides more ideas.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…